part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 6:01:39 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

When the big man asks to visit his office the next time you encounter an other-worldly being and you promise him that you will, you do it. Not because you have to, but because you want to earn his trust.

This seems like a good way to start doing that.

Katherine had already written her report within the confines of her office in Mauville, but she figured that dropping it in person would feel more… Well, personal. It couldn’t hurt. It’s not like Fernando would try to get her drunk again.

Unfortunately, it completely slipped her mind that these were the days where Christmas fanatics prepared themselves to celebrate the holiday. The sight of ornaments inside the Silph’s gym is a daunting one, already planting the idea of turning back to leave inside the woman’s head.

She was blessed with far too much courage than she’d ever asked for, and as such, Katherine made her way to Fernando’s office. There’s a quiet knock on his door before she opens it and waves to Fernando with her hand, the one that wasn’t holding the report.

“Councilman,” The document is shaken for a moment or so, ”I have a report here. It’s about the Blackout that the HNN has been yabbling about.”

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #7a737e; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 6:36:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] How wrong she is.

The climate and culture behind the League may shift with its never-ending revolving doors but Fernando’s alcoholism is as stable as his cynicism. A much cheaper and accessible bottle of scotch sits on his desk, barely touched but freshly opened, accompanied with a glass poured on the rocks. The precipitation pools where the glass touches the cherri coaster, evident that it’s been sitting for a while.

The door opens and Fernando turns up from his computer screen. His own expression uncharacteristically lights up at the sudden introduction of an outside force. Anything beats the dreary paperwork that comes from an incident they have no knowledge about. He can’t even discern anything noteworthy from the second hand accounts of the Blackout of Slateport, much less lie his way through a press conference about it.

Katherine’s interruption is a chance at a much needed change of pace.

Fairburne.

And then she dashes all hope with something he both needs and doesn’t: an actual lead.

His expression dies as does the ache in his back. He straightens his posture before resigning himself to a nod of acknowledgement. “Something substantial, I presume?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 6:48:18 GMT

This bottle carries a stench that’s much more familiar to her senses, unlike the previous one. It’s less expensive and luxurious, and more… Affordable, which usually results in a bad hangover, another thing that she finds familiar when thinking of the councilman.

“Yes, I wouldn’t have come here if it wasn’t important.”

She almost takes a step inside to enter the room, but one of the Silph’s many secretaries have placed a mistletoe right above his door, hanging it by a piece of tape that was designed to reveal the flower at the right moment - which was apparently this.

It captivates the woman and steals her attention.

Fuck, she almost says out loud. Her stare begs of him to look away - her heart praying that he’d comply.

It isn’t the right time. Not when her mind is all messed up thanks to the influence of the neurotoxin of Nihilego and the lingering effects of one nasty MISTY TERRAIN. Fernando, now, seems like the hottest, most dangerous man in the world.

Like he could kill her with his stare and melt her with his touch.

She gulps before finally entering the room, her mind still somewhat hazy.

“M-More ultra beasts,” Her voice nearly breaks, fragile as well. “I came into contact with one of them, and I promised I’d let you know next time.”

notes:

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #7a737e; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 7:01:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed.

It comes off a bit curt but Katherine’s knack for being more straightforward makes her easier to work with than a particular handful of League representatives that come to mind. She’s no but something about the way Mauville Gym Leader’s conduct themselves earn his interest, one way or another.

Fernando, exhausted past his prime, is not as attentive as Katherine. The mistletoe goes ignored for now. He’s much too preoccupied with wrapping up his current tab and rising from his seat to greet his guest.

Fuck.

With a groan, Fernando stands at attention, rolling the stiff of his neck as he approaches. He meets her halfway, frowning. “You okay, Fairburne?” The break in her voice seems unnatural for her based off their previous interactions. Admittedly, he had been a rough with her during their last exchange but he’s never seen his MIND ALTERING mist last for more than a day.

He leans in, scowl and all, examining her face for a tell, probing for something he doesn’t know he’s looking for.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 7:13:17 GMT

“No.”

It’s either the MISTY TERRAIN or the NEUROTOXIN that speaks for the woman. They urge out the truth against her will. What should be an easily told lie becomes the truth and nothing but it.

“I mean,” She takes a deep breath with her eyes remaining closed, as if trying to overcome the pain that comes after stubbing a toe, “I am fine, yes. I apologize.”

There, a barefaced lie that he won’t believe in the slightest. That’s more like her. But before she’s able to regain her composure, he already sneaks in close to steal more than just her lies.

Should she be repulsed or into it? Her mind concludes that both is the right answer.

A faint blush taints the color of her cheeks, and suddenly, the temperature in the room seems to rise, or at least that’s how it feels. “There’s a mistletoe here.” Which, apparently, was enough to turn her into a high-schooler who'd just seen her summer crush on the first day of school.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 7:32:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Something’s wrong. That much is obvious. But how much is he willing to pry between his own matters and needs?

Just enough, apparently.

Up close and personal, even Fernando can’t miss the subtle flush of her skin. Her explanation connects the dots and he falters for a moment, at a loss for words, before breaking out in a vindictive smirk. It’s not workplace harassment if it’s in the spirit of Christmas.

Like red velvet.

And this time Fernando learns from last year.

Slow and meaningful is more than enough to take your breath away.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 7:48:53 GMT

It’s not how she imagined this meeting would go, let alone start.

But a quiet voice in her head, similar to her personal own but not quite identical, dares to say that it’s the best way it could have.

Fernando does take her breath away and the warmth that plagues her cheeks only grows, and their red shade deepens. The kiss lasts long enough for Fernando to know that she wanted it just as much as he did, if not perhaps more. However, all good things must come to an end.

“Never do that again.”

Katherine lifts her hand to push him away, as if she hadn’t returned the kiss until this very instant. The blush persists despite her stern words, but Kat merely walks past the councilman to claim a seat so she’s not forced to awkwardly stand at the entrance to his office anymore.

Fernando’s glass is filled to the brim before Kat steals it and downs most of what she’d just poured into it.

“Fuck.”

Does he taste like scotch or does the scotch taste like him?

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 8:17:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]They break contact and he’s left yearning for more. His eyes remain closed, grimacing at the sound of her walking right past him, leaving him to lick his lips in anticipation of a second helping that never comes. There goes his four minutes of leisure for the day and how anti-climatic.

Disappointment drains from his face in the same manner as their ‘mood’, an immediate dead-still without a remnant of the moment before. Keeping a muffled sigh to himself, Fernando straightens his collar.

Noted.

It’s a return to business and his better judgement tells him to maintain his distance from her.

That bad, huh?

His eyes linger on the mistletoe before turning in place.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 8:30:55 GMT

The scotch is far from enough to make his taste go away. It mixes with it and meddles with her mind more, causing her to regret tasting the alcohol, but not enough to avoid a second sip.

It has to work eventually.

“One of those beasts messed with my mind. I heard things— I felt things as if we were one,” She half-explains, half-excuses. “I don’t fucking need this from you too, Fernando. Not again.”

There’s much less self-restraint than the last time they’d seen each other, but that can be both attributed to how their previous meeting ended and the fact that Nihilego's poison still contaminated her systems.

“Nihilego. The jellyfish-looking one. It stuck around and chose me, or whatever that means. It did that after putting me inside of it like I am some doll.”

Her head hurts just from thinking about it.

Fernando only brought more uncertainty into the mix, now that she thought of it. The anger she felt towards him had somehow multiplied ever since the Blackout, but unfortunately, all that anger meant nothing when she could barely hold herself together whilst kissing him.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 8:50:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The advent of actual news kills any lingering appetite he has for debauchery. He had expected something, yes, but nothing of this magnitude. Adding another Ultra Beast to the list expands their test subjects for a subsequent invasion. While most are happy that the war is over, Fernando expects a second wave well into the future.

And if he’s anything, he’s vigilant; it’s only a matter of time.

Fairburne.

His voice drops. He’s softer this time, not out of guilt — he cares little for her predicament when the smell of profit reeks from her misfortune — but out of a well played out concern.

Be careful. I can secure you a supply of antidotes but the way Nihilego affected Dahlia…

A lot still remains off record. Everyone else may forgive and forget but Fernando keeps his skepticism. There’s no telling the next time she’ll ‘unplug’ someone for one reason or another.

It goes beyond our understanding. Even now.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 6:15:00 GMT

“I didn’t ask it to latch to me. You do realize that, right?”

She would have preferred if it hadn’t, truthfully. While the acquisition of another ultra beast wasn’t something Katherine was particularly upset about, the method of it did leave her bitter. The Nihilego completely disregarded Katherine and her feelings about the whole ordeal.

It treated her as an after-thought. Her condition didn’t matter to the beast, it simply did what it sought to do. It was unconventional and very her sort of thing to do, but it stung when you were on the receiving end.

“I am alive. With all due respect, the commissioner and I are different. I got it under control, and I stopped it - whatever it was doing - alone.” To her, it’s all the proof she needs to know that she can handle this.

The side-effects were wicked, but she’ll push through.

“There were other ultra beasts there. And… A few legendaries, too. I remember seeing both Moltres and Lugia, but…” How can she put it without raising too much suspicion?

Ah, she can’t.

“They were different. Like, really different. I am not sure what it means.”

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 6:30:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed, but I presume you have no intentions of giving it up. I wouldn’t.

Everyone has secrets. Fernando keeps his out in the open. Makes it easier for him to claim that there’s nothing to hide. Among them, the amount of Legendary he has under his employment is something not even the League has a count on. Given the prospects, he’d keep the Nihilego too.

The difference is he doesn’t under estimate it.

I mean beyond that. You can control it, you can tame it, but what about the consequence beyond? If it swallowed you then that means you were exposed. Think about what that means for your body in the future. The worst poisons are the ones that take years to detect.

His eyes focus on her figure. They start from the waist and work their way up her body and across the length of her arms. He can’t discern any obvious changes but he remains suspicion. At least until she diverts his attention with other news.

Fuck.

Moltres, he can handle. But Lugia?

The revelation, if it’s to be believed, spells disaster for his holiday. He’s not one to be festive but even the councilman enjoys what little free time that he has. Having to compound the Blackout of Slateport with an additional investigation into the Legendary’s involvement means more overtime. His frustration pinches the bridge of his nose between his fingers as he makes a mental note to meet with .

Fuck. That’s actually the most useful report I’ve heard in weeks.

For that, he’s grateful, even if he secretly resents her for her timing.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 6:39:49 GMT

Katherine blames Nihilego for the fact that hearing a hint of approval in Fernando’s tone almost causes her to smile. It’s not her, she tells herself. It has to be that poison that flowed in her veins. The effects of the ultra beast lingered, and this was the result.

“No, you’re right. I do intend to keep it.”

She’d promise she’ll be safe, but it’s unlikely that she will keep that promise, let alone convince Fernando that actually means to.

“There were more of them. More ultra beasts, more pokemon I didn’t recognize. And… The big one we were trying to fight. It was something else.”

More than a Legendary.

“I don’t know how many pokemon died there. There were so many bodies, so much death… It wasn’t phased by it. I think—” She draws a deep breath and aligns her gaze with the councilman’s stare, “If the Megalopolans had a secret weapon, some plan B, a nuke… I think this is it.”

And she has a feeling that this isn’t the last they’ve seen of it.

notes:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 6:54:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Shit.

More Ultra Beasts? How many? Any new species? A dozen more questions pop up and each a new variable that alters the chessboard that is Fernando’s Hoenn. The only solace is that none of them have gone on a rampage yet. But even that is troublesome. Hiding in plain site means that they’re out there and either proving elusive or being held by someone.

I suppose they were right about it being a battle.

That explains all the missing person. What it doesn’t explain is why there was so little evidence left behind. Sure, the darkness obscured anyone from really reporting what happened but the aftermath was nearly picked clean.

"What happened? Everything’s damaged but there’s no residue.

Which means they’re able to clean up after themselves. That adds to the danger of them hiding and a recent report about Megalopolan’s near Mauville triggers a headache.

And how’d you manage to beat it?

He pauses.

You did beat it, right?

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
please look away [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 21:29:54 GMT

She’s unable to respond at first.

Is Katherine afraid of letting him down or is it his reaction that she wants to delay seeing? Whichever it is, she’s forced to face Fernando with her eyes open as her head shakes from one side to another.

They failed to defeat the beast.

“No, I didn’t. Everyone who was there, including myself, we all failed.” One would consider it a success that they repelled the creature to begin with, but it was a failure. She wasn’t the type to lie or deceive herself. “Another wormhole opened towards the end, and something… Huge came out and grabbed it. It took it back in.”

In the other words, Necrozma escaped.

“It’s alive, Fernando. It will return.”

She doesn’t need to say it for him to know that it’s true, but she does so regardless. The war was far from over. It had only just begun.

notes: