slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 22:02:15 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
As the office door shut, silencing the never ending stream of phones ringing and messages pinging, Kim sat in his chair, leaning back and setting his feet onto his desk.

Lighting a joint, Kim makes a call of his own, setting his phone on speaker as the dial tone plays, looking to the ceiling quietly.

"Ferny? How's it going? Is it as hellish over there for you as it is here?"

Kim's tone is cheerful, betraying the stress such a situation would bring about under normal circumstances.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 22:37:47 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
"Damn, f'real? I had a lot of my human ones call out on me. I think it has something to do with there being a war or some shit."

Kim's voice starts to grow slightly louder as he scoots away from his desk and looks out the window, eyeing the streets below as he blows a ring of smoke from his lips.

"I'm thinking of sharing my stash with everyone who showed up, maybe cut the lines while I'm at it. It's like a free day at school where the teacher was hungover or some shit and decided to just go, 'here you go you little shits, let the tv teach you.' Those were the best days man."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 23:11:27 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
"Yea, fuck it."

For a moment Kim is silent, the shuffling of himself heard as he moved towards the door, opening it and shouting out. "Fuck answering them phones, I don't care anymore. Y'all do what you want for the rest of the day, just get out of here and be safe."

On his return, Kim sat himself down and spoke into the phones mic.

"What happened with Stone? Did he shit the bed? Oooh, or did him and finally decide to bump rocks together? Tell me it's that one, that's a much funnier picture for me."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 23:29:17 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
"Nah I'm pretty sure they were never a thing. But Stone's family has a thing with rocks and, last I checked, Lane likes rocks. Two & Two, y'know?"

It was inane banter, a subject that Kim just so happened to exceed in.

"You been goin' around fuckin' , Ferny?" He says through semi-closed lips, taking a puff of his joint as he questioned the man. "When was the last time you got a chance to run the field?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 23:45:06 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
"Heheh, chalk." Rock pun.

"To each their own, one time i heard about an old lady fuckin' a Mightyena, might have been a rumor that made headlines though. I dunno if that lady is even still alive or not. It was a long time ago."

@bean4 wasn't like that though, she likes human dick not rock dick, he would know.

"Are you serious? Fernando "dick slingin" Silph is a virgin? I don't buy that for a second."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 0:02:37 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim sucks his teeth, "Ferny, life's too short to be wasted on thinking about NOT shitting where you eat."

"You know how many people are gonna line up just so they can get a piece of you, sir? Literally at least probably 2. That's a pretty big number, man. Live your life, never know when you're gonna lose it."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 0:17:11 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
"There's a lady that runs this small time bakery in Verdanturf near where Na and I live. Almost every time we talk she asks me about you and I can tell she's straight PINING, homie."

His voice grows distant as he moves about, shifting further from the phone and popping a cap on some LaCroix and taking a quick sip, gagging after.

"I can probably find some other local that wants a piece too because her son feels the same way; but he's like 17 so he doesn't count."

He shouts from across the room.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 0:32:06 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
There's a second where he's caught off guard, Kim's eyes widening in silent surprise at Fernando's words. But he's quick to shrug it off, an inhale of the reefer dulling his thoughts in an instant.

"How'd he die? Was it the invasion or something else?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 0:49:00 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
"So he was just trying to do the right thing, but payed for doing it improperly... ain't that a bitch..."

He exhales smoke through his nose, finishing the last of the spliff with one final inhale.

"All we can do is learn from his mistakes and mourn his passing... Though, I kinda feel bad for the whole joke about him and Lane now."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 1:05:35 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
"Sorry for your loss, Fern, I didn't mean to offend."

"But you have to admit, it was a pretty decent joke. Might be in bad taste given the circumstances but the stars don't lie. I bet it'd get a chuckle out of him even."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2020 6:54:17 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
"I dunno about that. I don't think the dead look at the living with any sort or moral code since they're, y'know, dead. He might just be sorta apathetic towards my comic antics."

An audible chuckle escapes him as he leans unto his chair.

"Or he's looking down on us with his newly gained omniscience and simply surveying. In which case..."

Kim grows silent for a moment, before returning to the call.

"You couldn't see that but I just flipped off my ceiling. If someone walked in on me they probably would've had questions."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 3:27:25 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
His mouse wheels scolls as Fernando speaks, the winding barely audible over the phones mic as it continued.

"That's on his body then." Kim says in response to the endeavor of Stone's hurt feelings.

"Yea... I've been catching up on everything while I'm sitting here. I'm envisioning what we'll be dealing with in the near future and I gotta say, from what I'm picturing, we'll have to wear our shit stompin' boots."

He leans forward, his voice becoming a bit clearer as he does, continuing to look through the messages and news sources as the two of them converse.

"Dude what the fuck is wrong with the people in this region? Like its not just the citizens that are shit, the town officials are kinda dumpy too. Maybe we should keep the gym leaders out of politics..."

Though he's one to talk, the post he just typed out was anything but professional.

"... or hold a TED talk for them."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 7:32:27 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
"See, that's the problem, if all the smart ones are either leaving or keeping silent, then the loud ones get to sit in the spotlight as much as they want. So, that makes us the unwilling audience, forced to watch as they spread their cheeks and talk out of their asses... I wanna get up and leave but at this point I've put too much time into it not to get my money's worth."

He sighs, a gentle creak heard as he leans back into his chair. He's silent before the ruffling of a bag is heard, a loud pop sounding out as he sets chips onto his desk.

"What's your idea on how to handle the oncoming storm though? I'm probably gonna wing it for the most part but I'd like to have your perspective beforehand."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 6:23:50 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim sits silent for a few seconds, taking in the information- the only peep heard from him being the ruffling of a bag and the slight echo of a crunched chip as he sets one into his mouth. After properly swallowing his mouthful, Kim speaks, a breath taken before he does.

Na…” He pauses, catching his metaphorical footing before he keeps forward. “Mind if I invest in Silph Co. then? I’m sure when things finally decide to go south for Hoenn- Najwa is pregnant- I’ll have a pretty penny to sit back on with your family’s company, right?

He chuckles, tone unchanging in the midst of his sudden disclosure, creaking in his seat as he furthers on.

I mean, when I become commissioner for a day and quit right after declaring Hoenn an anarchic province, I’ll need something to fall back on- financially- after claiming asylum in another region. Maybe Galar? It's got a quaint charm to it. Or Johto? They're pretty humble there. Somewhere without so much water would be nice.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
dialtone
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 20:18:55 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
A small chuckle escapes Kim’s throat, the man posturing himself upright and speaking a bit more clearly.

No need for disclosure of any kind, friend. I can make bank off your business as long as you’re the one pulling the strings. You’ve got a vigor about you when it comes to your family’s name.” For better or for worse.

Thank you the congratulations, I’ll relay them over to Najwa when I work up the nerve to tell her that I spilled the beans to you. We don’t wanna tell the whole world our business so I’d like it if you kept this between us for the time being, you’re one of the few people that know afterall.

With a huff following his sentence, Kim turns to look out his office window from his seat, picking up his phone in the process.

At the moment, I feel like anywhere would be better than here. Hoenn’s going to hell in a handbasket, and we’re barely keeping it chugging along… I’ll try to uphold my duties but… not sure how much steam I’ve got in me to spare…

His voice is melancholic; a somber tone of forlorn that permeates within the silence that follows his pauses.

He dwells on this thoughts for a few seconds- sitting in silence- before he finally speaks up, his tone shifting from sorrow to nonchalant; a chuckle escaping once more as he comes to a stand.

We had a good enough run- you and I- don’t you think?” Of course they weren’t out of the game just yet. But reflection should always be something welcomed without much hesitation.