awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 22:12:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Face down, ass up.

Fernando grimaces as he presses his buttocked higher into the air until he can feel it clench. Only then does he hold still, panting for several seconds before moving his hands out from under him to rebalance himself. Sweat drips from his forehead, beading into little driblets that cascade down his face as a testament to his labor.

A ring tone erupts his concentration and Fernando breaks his yoga stance, laying flat against the plush mat. “Cila, pick up.” Without having to reach for his phone, inconveniently left on his desk, the sounds of the call echoes through his room’s speaker.

It’s Kim.

Pretty shit. Nothing new.

With a grunt, he pushes himself back up, transitioning into a plank.

But I had everything wired to send to another outbox. All my calls are being filtered and parsed by Porygons. They work faster than human secretaries.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 22:47:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“If you’re jealous you could just ask.

Fernando says nothing for a while and just lets Kim talk. He doesn’t understand any of that but that’s nothing new.

I see… Wait. What stash? You now what, nevermind. Anyway, you could if you want. What are they going to do? Bitch? Nothing new. You hear about the shit with Stone?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 23:21:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The sound of Kim’s background fills him with regret. That’s the problem with Cole. Fernando can never tell if he’s fucking around or not.

Damn. You actually fucking did it.

Kim’s clearly not on the phone but Fern expects him to be on speakerphone.

Were him and Lane ever a thing? Besides me, is everyone else just going around and fucking each other?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 23:37:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“

Damn.

Well, you’re not wrong. Sometimes Lane takes it a bit too far. It’s… weird. I always chalked it up to being a scientist though.

His voice becomes strained as his plank hits a few minutes. Practice makes perfect and his time has gone up. He slumps when he hits the ground.

Never. I’m a virgin, Cole. I thought I told you that.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 23:55:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“

The silence is intentional and something Fernando does frequently when Kim says something too out of line. A terrible mental image scars his mind and he’s quick to divert to something else.

Don’t go making up weird names for me. It’s not like I have a chance, anyway. I don’t shit where I eat.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 0:07:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“I have a few years still in me. I’m not about to get wound up in all the emotions and drama I see unfold every time I have to get coffee.

He pauses. Is Kim fucking with him?

I don’t believe you. Name them.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 0:21:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Disgusting. He’s sorry he evened asked.

You know, in some cultures virginity is considered a virtue. Like humility.

He pauses when he hears Kim in the distance.

Also, Stone is dead.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 0:36:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] “Yeah. Fallen in the line of duty.

The sound of Fernando clicking his tongue sounds off.

Have you flown before? You know how they tell you to put on your own mask before helping children or someone who needs assistance? Same thing.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 0:55:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Yeah.

Around now is when Fernando stands up and his voice becomes closer as well.

I didn’t know how to break it to you but you’re kind of an asshole. A shame too. He was one of the better ones. We used to be best friends too.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 13:20:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“I don’t get offended.

You’re right. That was pretty good.

His voice remains monotone. If it was anyone else, that might have sounded sarcastic, but for Fernando it’s no different than any other conversation with Kim.

Although I doubt Stone could take a joke at his own expense. Pairing him with Lane will make him roll in his grave.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 19:37:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“No. He’s very much offended. Trust me on that.

The sound of clothes rustling can be heard as Fernando’s voice gains distance.

Indeed. But, when does someone barge in without questions?

Ah, speaking of ceilings. We’re probably going to be hitting ours pretty soon. We did well in Meteor Falls but Lilycove is a mess.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 4:17:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“You’re telling me. Retirement can’t come soon enough.

There’s an awkward pause behind the joke. Mostly because Fernando’s never considered it until now.

You know, mathematically, it’s just the loudest minority. But yeah, everyone here is an outright idiot, one way or another. That or wise up and just leave. Alfric and Lopez do a good job of avoiding it altogether.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 22:35:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed. Unfortunately, taking the high ground prove much more difficult for the truth. Twisting narratives is incredibly easy when everyone's attention span has been eroded by constant conflict."

There's a pause when prompted for an answer mostly because he doesn't have one.

"To be frank, I intend to slowly transition out of office. At this point in time, I think I can do more good in the private sector than in public office. I'm looking to expand Silph Co. when the time is right but it'll be a controversial move that will undoubtedly raise red flags about a conflict of interest. Congratulations on being the first to know."

Fernando lets out an awkward chuckle before clearing his throat.

"Until then, I'll continue with being the League's glorified accountant while keeping an eye on Avatars and possible Legendaries. I don't have much else aside from the usual appeasement here and rolling out financial plans there agenda."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 8:54:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“You can do whatever you want, Kim. It’s a free market. Just don’t expect any advice from me. That’d be insider trading.” The way Fernando picks his diction shows the general care he has for stepping on toes. There’s no doubt in his mind these calls can be reviewed so he covers his tracks carefully.

But congratulations. I didn’t think it would happen so soon. Send Essam my regards.

Fernando stomachs the news as well. Finding out that Kim Cole’s pull out game is trash is not how he expected to wash out his early resignation but nothing’s ever normal around Kim.

Stick to Johto. If the people Galar sends us is by any measure of what they keep back home, you’re better off here.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ringtone
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 8:12:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Fair enough." Fernando stifles a fake laugh to appease the conversation's need for banter when the topic of Najwa scolding him is implied. "I'll be sure to get her a gift as congratulations," he adds in. He owes her more than either of them know. Without her assistance in his earlier research, phase two of Project Avalon would have never progressed to steadily. How Kim, the most goofy of them manages to get his paws on someone so smart it rivals insanity.

How time flies.

"Indeed." He pauses. "I can safely say, there's no one else I would rather serve with."

Something pangs in his heart and Fernando buries it. Sentiments are for the old and regretful. He swears off both because he refuses to accept either.

"Thank you, Kim."