awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
CEASEFIRE [s]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 16:08:56 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

As nostalgic as it had been to be carried like an invalid, Chryssa walked on her own from the snowball-littered field of war. The slightly crumpled santa hat was still perched on her head, one of the few survivors among many casualties. She'd recalled all her Pokemon once they'd finished packing up, and now...

She looked over her shoulder to see Doug following her.

She walked faster. She looked over her shoulder again as if deeply alarmed and increased her pace. She began to actually bump into people passing the opposite direction, pushing past them. 

Finally, she spun around. 

"How can you show your face here in public? After what you did to me on our first charity speed date? You wretch!" she cried in a breathy southern accent. It was part of a persona she was working on. She pretended to hide her face, pushing through the crowd as if running at high speeds, but with her arms and legs moving in calculated slow motion. "Sob! What would Papa say? Now I'll never find a husband!"

He should never have let her down, honestly, but there was only so long someone could actually carry another person before getting tired, even someone as light as Chryssa. Her retribution was swift.

Of course she was going to cause a public scene. 

She slow-mo fled Doug until she reached a food stand and snapped her fingers, summoning her foot court baton from the pocket of her jacket and handing it to the woman tending the stall. "One vegetable panini, please, to go. What are you having?" she directed to Doug, sounding completely normal again. Any passerby who had been staring suspiciously seemed to turn away again.

What he'd said at the bottom of the hill came back to Chryssa suddenly. A date. A real date. Not just because they'd both opted into the festivities. And then we're going to his campsite to eat. Alone. If she shouted that fact into the crowd, there would definitely be a reaction.

Was she tempting fate with her jests? 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
CEASEFIRE [s]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 21:03:34 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Every time she looked over her shoulder, he would see a grin.

It only got bigger every time. By the time she turned on her heel to scream at him, he had a shit eating grin that

Then she turned on her heel to face him, and he began to tentatively smile again-

So she threw damning words at his face, in public, in broad daylight, while surrounded by a crowd.

He thought the words 'southern belle' suited her far too well.

Hmm? Her accusations? Oh, right, her accusations! He broke into a slow mo sprint after her, raising his voice even higher than hers!

"And I'll do it aga'n, too!" He said immediately, picking just the right words to make it all worse, his already existing southern accent kicked up several notches to full redneck.

"Don't pretend like ya didn't likeit, lassie! Don't ever mess with a southerner if ya ain't ready for the consequences-! Oh, chorizo and cream cheese, please." He said, peering over her shoulder into the stand, completely ignoring the crowd of onlookers as they attempted to decide whether the police should be called for sexual abuse or disruption of peace.

"... Where were we again?" He said in a mutter, scratching at his chin. Oh, right! "Husband, schmuckband! Try finding a boyfriend before worrying about such things, lass!"

... Not that he was offering or anything.

Wait, this was a date. Never mind, he was totally offering.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
CEASEFIRE [s]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 12:27:09 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Whatever he'd ordered, it sounded delicious. I wish I'd looked more closely at the menu. The cook had already started her order, however, so there was no going back now. Fortunately, it didn't look like the sandwiches would take long to prepare. More time for action!

"Boyfriend? What man would want me, now that you've thrown me away, soiled like a secondhand jacket?" she scoffed, wiping away invisible tears while somehow collecting napkins and condiments from the counter. "But wait! That's it-- my suitors! Surely they will come to punish you for this stain upon my family name!"

This was what dates were like, right?

Not to brag, but she was excelling.

Collecting their sandwiches, both free of charge thanks to the meal tickets they'd received, Chryssa swung the bag back and forth merrily, humming to herself as she stepped gingerly back down the main road towards (assumedly) the bug catcher's campsite. A spryer girl might have been skipping, but to tell the truth, Chryssa's legs had been burning from the knees down ever since she'd gotten them back under her. Pretending to run in slow-motion hadn't helped either.

Falling back again, she effortlessly snaked her arm into Doug's, linking arms for support. "And now you're to drag me back to your camp like a caveman with a kill, you savage," she said in contrast to her actions, sighing wretchedly. She actually didn't know where it was-- only that it was apparently "close." For her own sake, Chryssa hoped he hadn't been exaggerating. "Tell me, John, is this how you treat all your prisoners of war? Or just the living ones?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
CEASEFIRE [s]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 17:24:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Could think'o at least one." He said, face set into a overblown sneer as he snatched plastic cutlery, spinning the plastic, borderline useless knife into a reverse grip. "Ya think those fools can save ya, Empress? Mufu... fuhu... huhahaha! Maybe I oughta call ya Princess instead, with all'em fairy tales stuck in yer head!"

They were stealing the show, but only they could decide if this was a good thing. People were giving them all manner of stares. Judgmental stares, amused stares, mocking stares, knowing stares...

Interested stares. But that would be a story for another day.

Lunches in hand, they began making their way to his camp. His arm had been held out and free for grabs since they set out, and he almost smiled when she wrapped her own around it. He couldn't quite manage however, wondering if she was feeling fine.

She was fine enough to keep their game going, if nothing else. Doing his best to support most of her weight, he smirked at her, evil brimming from his every features.

"Only the pretty ones." He said, chuckling darkly. "Caveman is an apter comparison than ya realize, princess."

Luckily for Chryssa, the youth hadn't been overselling the proximity. The location of his camp was as nearby as it was surely illegal.

A campfire was at the center of the camp, his tent nearby, a large structure made of green fabric. Large Tree trunks had been cut down and turned into benches, with a Centiskorch resting around the campfire, wrapped around it snugly, seemingly asleep.

"Well that ain't much o' a guard." Said Doug with a huff, lips pulled into a displeased curl at the member of his invincible Hive sleeping on the job. "... Oh well."

He wasn't about to wake 'im up. He looked so peaceful!

"Welcome ... to my warcamp, my prisoner." He said, grinning at Chryssa before holding up his lunchbag. "Shall we eat before starting... negotiations?"

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
CEASEFIRE [s]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2020 9:06:47 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

At plastic knifepoint, her captor walked her supportively to his prisoner-of-war camp, where Chryssa assumed she would be interrogated, tortured for information, and generally treated to a nice time.

She eased herself to sit down on a log once they arrived, letting out a sigh of relief. “It’s diabolical!” she announced, “Exactly the sort of place I would expect the King of the Shadow Hive to hide his lair. Pray tell, exactly how many of your tunnels stretch beneath us?”

She loved the idea of a trapdoor hidden beneath the green canvas tent, stretching down into an underground web of ant-like passages beneath Fortree City. “Wait! Don’t tell me. I shall faint.”

The girl scooted closer to the campfire instead, setting her sandwich bag on her knees. Doug hadn’t seemed too impressed with his so-called guard, but Chryssa had assumed it was there mostly to keep the fire lit. That was a good reason to keep a fire-type around. 

“Of course you’ll be sitting next to me, or I might run away,” Chryssa said, scooting over to make space on her tree-bench. “I’m concocting a plan to escape that you don’t know about anyway, so you might as well keep me... in arm’s reach.” She lowered her voice, eyes narrowing in challenge. “Hah. Hah. Hah!”

Seeming to normalize suddenly in the presence of food, Chryssa unwrapped her panini and began to eat, blowing on the hot sandwich to cool it down. “So how serious about this date are you, actually?” she asked out of nowhere, mouth full. She didn’t turn to look at him, staring instead into the fire with its slumbering guardian. “You seem flirtier than you normally are when we’re playing.” Her cheeks seemed a little pink.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
CEASEFIRE [s]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2020 1:19:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Just to torment ya further, I shall reveal that information! So secret it is, that not even my own Hive members know for certain!" He said as he dropped besides her onto the bench.

To prevent her from escaping, as she so brazenly threatened to do, obviously.

"Matter of fact? Not even I know! The tunnels are so numerous as to be uncountable! Mufufu... huhuha... hahahahahaha!"

He didn't even cough this time, well practiced laughter flowing out of his maw as he scuttled closer to her, his thigh bumping against hers as his laughter began to calm down, the youth sobering up from their little game.

It was a bit hard to remain in character when even Chryssa broke hers.

"'How' serious?" He said, echoing her question with a chuckle as he reached up for his hat, finding his head empty. Right. Suit. "Well, suffice to say, if I just wanted to hang out, I would've asked to hang out."

He had never cared much for beating around the bush.

"I always enjoy my time with ya, and I think ye'r cute." He said bluntly, shrugging his shoulders with a grin.

He didn't expect anything to happen, and he welcomed it if it did.

"And 'course I'm bein' flirty." He said, winking as he opened his bag and produced his sandwich. "I'm addin' a lil' more depth to the King's & Empress dynamic, 's all."

He snickered.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
CEASEFIRE [s]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 11:24:51 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Chryssa never really thought of herself as breaking character, or even going into character to begin with. It was more like dialogue and stage notes. Sometimes she was improvising, and sometimes she was double-checking with the director so she didn't make a mistake on the fly. It was completely natural for her to flow in and out of the overdrawn and the overconfident, the ridiculous and the real. 

Reality...

"Oh my," she tittered, batting her eyes and covering her mouth with one hand. She shifted back into her debutante southern girl voice, drawling every word. "So it is pseudo-romantic intentions, then! I've never had a panini date with a dashin', bug-catchin' man before~!"

Her panini was getting cold, so she started to actually eat. For free sandwiches picked up halfway through a "Mistletoe Matching" speed date, it was surprisingly tasty. Chryssa chewed slowly, savoring the warm food. Honestly, she was grateful for the time to think.

She didn't mind being called cute or pretty.  She didn't mind being given flowers. She didn't mind being carried around, or having someone to lean on (literally) when she pushed herself too far. 

She did like him. As a friend, rival, and of course Shadow Hive King. Maybe he could mean something more to her, too. Above all, he was someone she actually thought, maybe, could help her transcend reality.

Reality...
...was a dark place.

The reality was that Doug wasn't ready for her.

She wasn't sure anyone was ready for her.

"I ask," Chryssa said clearly after a moment, swallowing her bite of the sandwich, "Because if I did want to solidify some kind of a... King and Empress dynamic with you... there would be prerequisites."

She looked down at the fire again, and the snoozing Sizzlipede. 

"Three, actually. Three... impossible tasks."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
CEASEFIRE [s]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 23:01:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

It was all part of the performance, he knew, the fluttery eyes, the flirtations and the southern belle tones.

But it still did the job on him, warmth building up in his chest, the youth pretending to rub and stretch his neck to look away after feeling his face heat up.

He brought his own sandwich to his face and began eating, perhaps a step or two faster than the girl, suddenly feeling both hungry and in need of a distraction.

Usually he did all the teasing. Seemed like he couldn't take what he dished.

He was about to shove the entire sandwich down his throat at that realization when Chryssa suddenly spoke, the youth stopping short of another bite as he glanced her way.

He swallowed, then spoke.

"Prerequisites?" He said, echoing her.

Three impossible tasks?

That... truly did suited them, didn't it?

"Hoh." He uttered after a moment, bringing what remained of his sandwich to his mouth and swallowing it whole before crossing his arms over his chest and grinning at her, lookin' as if taking those words as a challenge.

"I expected nothin' less from my greatest rival." He said, standing up to swing a leg atop the tree trunk before settling back down, now fully facing the girl, one hand coming to his hip while the other was laid on the bark, the youth leaning forward.

"Name these tasks, Empress of the Seas."

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
CEASEFIRE [s]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 13:43:30 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

“Oho?” The girl asked, leaning forward to match him. Her long, straight hair fell around her shoulders like flowing sand, so close that it brushed against his collar. Her eyes gleamed. “So you accept? Very well, Hive King. Here are the three boons I crave.”

There was a pause for suspense.

The pause kept going. It began to stretch uncomfortably long. After a minute or so, Chryssa’s lips moved, muttering something imperceptibly. “Rending. Lending? Distending. Sorry, I’m thinking,” she said more audibly, sitting back and crossing her arms over her chest. “I need to make it rhyme.” These things had to be delivered with style, after all.

“...Okay, I’ve got it!” she said a few minutes later, resuming her intense eye contact mere inches from her rival’s face. She hummed low in her throat, setting the mood.

She held up three fingers, and her voice came in a throaty whisper.

“Find me a song where you never hear the ending. 
Find me a bond that binds without bending,
And find me a silence that resists all pretending.”

Chryssa finished, but she did not relax. Her eyes searched him, neutral.

“When you find these things, John Douglas Sullivan, you might understand me enough to reconsider. As for me...” The girl hesitated, showing a moment of vulnerability. Her hands twisted in her lap. “I’m... content to wait.”

She stood up suddenly, having finished her panini. “Thank you for the date. I think it’s time to get back to the festival. I have another match to meet.”

Before he could offer to walk her back or protest her sudden exit, Chryssa tossed out a Pokeball. A huge, yellow-eyed Claydol materialized behind her like a magnified eclipse, casting an owl-shaped shadow across the ground.

Face in shadow, Chryssa turned back to Doug. Her insides squirmed. Though he might not understand yet—or worse, he did— she’d revealed more about herself than she had since coming to the island region. Things she wasn’t comfortable thinking about. She didn’t want to know how he’d react. Not yet.

“I did warn you I was planning my escape,” she said lightly as the chalked symbols on the Claydol’s chest began to glow, signaling a Teleport. She turned to face him, expression strange, searching. “This was fun. But it won’t happen again. Not for awhile, anyway.”

The world skewed up and down, stretching like a piece of pulled taffy. The image of the girl and Claydol thinned, becoming streaked and insubstantial.

Her voice was soft, but firm.

“Three tasks. I’ll be waiting.”

And she was gone, leaving behind only a crumpled panini wrapper and a plastic bag.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
CEASEFIRE [s]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 3:24:52 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

“Find me a song where you never hear the ending.
Find me a bond that binds without bending,
And find me a silence that resists all pretending.”

He echoed for what must have been the umpteenth time that night, laying inside his tent and staring holes into the tent walls as if it held all the answers.

But then and now, he couldn't really focus on the worlds themselves, nor whatever hidden meaning they might yet hide. His thoughts kept going back to the gleam in her eye, the softness of her hair against his collar, her hesitation, that unknown look-!

"... Nnnghgraaah!" The youth released a garbled mess of a groan as he grabbed the pillow beneath his head and threw it across the tent, once again catching himself doing anything but dissecting the Empress' riddle.

The pillow bounced off the wall harmlessly, accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Much like he had for the past 10 hours since the girl had escaped, leaving him with a riddle, a beating chest, and a panini wrapper.

His lip curling, the youth dropped back limply onto his bedroll, an arm over his forehead as he once again went back to staring holes onto his tent.

He had underestimated her, perhaps the seriousness of what he was asking as well. But... he didn't feel he was doing any of this on a whim.

"... How do I do this?" He asked to no one in particular, his voice ringing hollow inside the tent.

But- did he even want to figure it out?

'You might understand me enough to reconsider.'

... Yes, he did. His brows furrowed as he rolled back those words again and again.

"Don't sell yourself so short, Empress."

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
CEASEFIRE [s]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 1:53:24 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: