wrinkle resistant

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 19:41:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","light"]
One hand on the wheel, one hand holding a cigarette to her nude painted lips. Two rowdy pokemon in the back with their heads hanging out the windows pretending to bite at the cars going by. Just a typical car ride for Sophia, Velvet, and Clyde.

This red-haired beauty was on a car ride to her first interview after college. It only took two days of moving back in with her parents to kick her ass into applying for jobs. The constant nagging on her smoking and coming home late was too much for her adult ego to handle.

Whether or not Sophia was appropriately dressed was...well...up for interpretation? She wore a white button-down. Was it ironed? No. Hella wrinkly? Yes. But it wasn't all bad, she wore a navy blazer and pants that looked ironed, but really they were materials that were wrinkle resistant. Brilliant, simply brilliant. Whoever came up with this idea was just a genius.

"Okay you two, we're here. In the balls." The young woman had pulled up to the Research Institution of Evol and was currently shooing her pair of Pokemon into their comfy little pokeballs.

Once they were all stowed away she took her last puff from the cigarette before putting it out on her car ashtray. "Alright, time to bag a job."

note:

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 23:50:39 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] "again."

with a stern tone he would instruct the researcher's ditto to transform. once more did it do so only to don beady eyes. "ditto's are able to do it, this one is probably just broken. continue to work with it and watch it evolve beyond the limitation the ignorance imposed," zenji stated to the young researcher. it was a rare case, but the researcher was given a task to study the molecular structure and capability of a ditto.

pokemon capable of becoming the perfect copy of any species--humans included. it would be groundbreaking. by utilizing a ditto's imposter, they would be able to promote productivity within society. though, there was potential downfalls with such a thought. it was honestly childish thinking, but zenji couldn't help assign such a task to the new individual.

"speaking of new..."

he was scheduled for an interview today. he'd forgotten all about it. grabbing his white coat and indoor slippers, zenji would leave the lab to go and greet the woman. following behind him was a porygon who had casually been roaming the hall. "alright, porygon: pull her up." the pokemon's orbs became alight. expanding from it as they moved toward the door was a holographic projector of her face and file.

"oooh, so that's who they sent." examining her file from top to bottom as his memory began to slowly refresh, "security mode." the projected screen would change. he could see from the porygon's screen that she stood outside. a slight smile formed, "i guess i have time to entertain this, open the door."

before the woman the doors would open on their own inwardly. standing before her was the man who would be interviewing, "jabami, zenji--director of this institute." with one hand in his pocket and the other holding what seemed to be a laptop. zenji would hold a distinct austere as he stood before the woman. "it's a pleasure, applicant."

there was no handshake. a simple small talk. his gaze unwavering as ocean blue orbs peered into her own.

"follow me, talk to me."

removing his hand lazily from the warmth of his coat pocket. zenji would lazily gesture her to come along. "you're only a recent graduate right, applicant? the hell you doin' here trying to work already?"

note: @sophiaharford, boop!

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 6:14:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","light"]
Sophia pulled down the tiny car mirror to give herself a final look. She wasn't going to change anything, but it was nice to know how you were looking at least. So if you looked like complete trash, at least you'd know. But in this redhead's case, she looked decent at least, good at best.

Her relaxed hands reached for her black professional bag, big enough to fit a padfolio of her resumes and her two pokeballs. With all her belongings gathered she stepped out of her car and placed her bag on her shoulder.

Her light brown eyes noticed a figure near the front doors, she didn't think too much of it. It was a research facility, there was bound to be people around. Though when the doors opened for her the man before her introduced himself. "So this is the director. I guess he's too good for a handshake." Sophia's internal thoughts were her most honest. Luckily she had enough common sense not to speak them out loud.

"Sophia Harford. Call me, Phia." Her tone was equally formal, there was a slight smile on her youthful face. Very slight, unless one really looked for it, her face would read pretty expressionless.

"The pleasures all mine, evaluator." Her sly comment came as she followed along with Zenji. If he wanted to make cheeky comments, he'd learn pretty quickly that Sophia would keep up. She'd match any energy he put out. Well, almost any. If he suddenly got really nice, nah she wouldn't match it.

"Well, that's the goal of college. Struggle for four years, attain a degree then get a job to pay the bills." Her tone was very nonchalant as she talked about the typical career path people like herself chose. But at least for Sophia what she studied and planned to go into actually interested her.

"I'm here at this institution specifically because there's not much else you can do with a theology degree than going into research." There was a slight jest in her tone. Perhaps that was a joke?

note:

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 6:49:18 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] everything she said he put into memory, everyway she looked imprinted into his hippocampus.

porygon treaded behind the pair as zenji led them to a staircase. the building was fairly large and remodeled. they would come to a halt at what looked to be imperial staircases, "and you wanna apply that here?" she was bold that's for sure. "why not become some museum director or religious cult leader," he'd pause to place a hand beneath his chin, "i think they're called prime ministers if i'm not mistaken..."

her reason for applying here wasn't as strong as he'd expect. he'd turn his back on the woman once again and began heading to the second floor. they were back to walking and talking, "you can do research anywhere else," zenji replied. "when you applied i received your application through league headquarters. for them to have sent your application directly to me instead of someone else isn't exactly a compliment you know..." he'd look over his shoulder.

"...it's an insult."

the institution didn't exactly have a bad reputation, but they didn't have a good one either. they were respectively known as the criminally insane. individuals who thought too big. they were, strangely enough, well-respected laughing stocks in the science world. "to work for us you'd have to be pretty deranged, you know? wouldn't you prefer a quieter job?" an odd question to ask anyone for most would believe a research lab to be a peaceful but hardworking environment.

here that wasn't the case. the building started to shake right after his statement, but only slightly. it felt almost like a 2.5 magnitude. following right after was the sound of a large rumble.

"damn that engineer..."

note: @sophiaharford , boop!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 19:46:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","light"]
Sophia's observant eyes took notice of her surroundings. The building was nice, perhaps newly renovated. Beyond just the remodeling the structure itself was large, but that's what's to be expected of a research institution right? It needed plenty of rooms for different experiments and things of the like. Made sense.

The pair came to a casual stop in front of a staircase divided into many flights. "Oh lord. Does this place not have an elevator? I didn't wear the right shoes for this." Along with her internal thoughts she glanced down at her black, professional-styled heels.

"Ha." A little chuckle slipped past Sophia's nude lips at the statement that came out of the director's mouth. Whether or not it was a joke comparing prime ministers to cult leaders, that's how this red-haired beauty took it.

"Yah know, I was seriously considering becoming a religious cult leader. But I'm just not all that into politics." Okay this time her voice definitely held a jestful ring as she made a blatant joke. And an actual smile was on her face.

But not for long. The walk up the stairs had begun. She followed along, only a step or two behind the man known as Zenji. She listened attentively to each word he spoke. "Well, he really doesn't have much pride in his institution does he? That's...probably a bad sign. I should run while I can."

Even though on the surface Sophia Harford seemed confident and composed. She was known to be jumpy, especially when shit happened without her expecting it to. So when the whole fucking building started to shake the woman's heart rate quickened and her light brown eyes widened. She gave quick looks all around, though when she noticed the director not seemed phased by it, she began to collect herself. "Engineer's are always up to no good." She attempted a joke to settle herself.

She wanted to gloss over her previous frightened state and go right back to their previous conversation. Although the director had said one could do research anywhere, that didn't mean they'd make a livable wage doing it just anywhere. "I'd prefer the stability that comes with an institution like this one over all else." Eh, that statement was sort of true. She'd prefer stability as long as enjoying the job was a given.

note:

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 20:24:31 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] if there was one thing this institution had, and could be recognized for, was their stability. it was a place not just anyone could apply. this place was special to the professor: it was his second home.

"everyday is a bit different then the last. you'll come to get use to it."

speaking from personal experience, it took him sometime. as they neared his office, he would open the door for her to enter. once inside of the well-furnished room. zenji would take a seat upon the couch. a spot was open for the woman to sit across him. whether she took it or not was up to her. refreshments were already laid out upon the table before them. the tea was piping hot. with one sip he'd set the cup back down.

"anyway, at this institution there's a few things you need to know."

zenji would come to lean back upon the couch. "the first thing is expectation," he straightforwardly stated, "are you alive to live up to others expectations or for self-serving reasons?" eyes were fixated upon her intensely. pondering on the answer she would give him.

note: @sophiaharford , boop!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 20:38:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","light"]
"Mm, thanks for the encouragement." The statement started with a semi-sarcastic hum sound and finished with a more genuine-sarcastic tone. Luckily for Sophia, the two didn't walk up that many stairs and it honestly wasn't long before they were at the director's office. As he held open the door she gave a murmur of thanks as she walked by.

The room was comfortably furnished. Not too cluttered, but also not completely bare. The red-haired woman took a seat across from the handsome director and followed his lead by taking a sip from the tea. Side note, she burnt her tongue.

But back to business. Zenji started back up their whole interview-ish conversation. "Am I alive to live up to others' expectations or for self-serving reasons?" Sophia repeated the question in a pensive tone as she thought about her answer. The first thought to pop into her head was, "What type of question is that?" The inquiry seemed more down the road of philosophy, so she'd give a philosophy type answer.

"First and foremost I'm alive because of self-serving reasons not for self-serving reasons. You can only best serve others by giving yourself what you need first." There was a short pause before she threw in a finishing statement.

"Also when you think about it, expectations are just premeditated resentments."

note:

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 21:38:43 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] which led him to his next question.

"why theology then?" she didn't seem like the type who wanted to explore it. he wasn't even sure as to what the type who did look like. "you don't strike me as the type to have that be their first chosen study." had she no interest in anything else? "was there nothing else in your life that caught your interest or..." he'd ponder on the thought for a moment.

"...could it be something forced you to take this up?"

note: @sophiaharford , i, too, am enjoying the thread!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 20:21:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","light"]
As the conversation went on, Sophia made herself more comfortable. She allowed herself to lean back into her seat, finding a nice and cozy position to continue answering all the questions being thrown her way.

"I wasn't forced to study theology, no." There was a little shake of her head as she began to answer his multipart question. Before she would continue she allowed her right leg to cross over the left, again settling into a more relaxed posture.

"I chose to study theology because I was raised in a very religious household. Though I always thought it was a whole lot of bullshit as a child, and never accepted any religion. Much to my mother's dismay." Her tone was calm and casual as she started up a little backstory.

"But I guess I just wanted to learn more about how some people put so much faith into their religions. And also why there were so many different religions. For a long time, I searched for which one was the 'right' religion." She did little finger quotes around the word right.

"But obviously I know now there aren't any religions that are better than the other. They all are just words people hold onto for dear life to explain things that are simply unexplainable." There was a short pause before she finished with.

"What type do I strike you as, if not a theologian?" Her question was probably unprofessional and inappropriate for the interview setting. But that didn't stop her from asking it anyway.

note:

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 1:48:38 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] a smile formed.

"i take it back."

he was impressed by what had been spewed. the view of a theologian strongly emanated from the words she had spoken. "i was mistaken, you have the words of a theologian so far." his smile then faded.

once more he would take a sip of his tea. after setting it down he would continue, "is that your goal?" he would ask with little explanation. zenji, once again, would speak before she could. giving her more to his question, "to explain the unexplainable?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 19:15:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","light"]
A satisfied smile that complimented the director's smile found its way onto Sophia's face as she heard him say he took it back. It was almost sort of smug as if she had proven herself.

With the next question sent her way, there was a relatively long pause. She thought about how to answer the question she'd already spent many years attempting to figure out. "What...is my goal in life? Pft as if I know." Of course she didn't say her thoughts out loud, but once she got closer to the director she'd soon let out her real thoughts.

But for now, she settled with this response. "If I could explain the unexplainable, that'd be one hell of an achievement. But a more tangible goal I'm working towards is exploring the eschatology branch of theology. Specifically the survival of consciousness both in people and pokemon."

This was something the youthful woman tussled with quite often. She worked on many possible hypotheses regarding the topic, though she hasn't been able to settle on anything just yet.

note:

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 23:37:27 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] his sight became slightly agape.

he was taken aback by the woman's chosen path. now he understood why she was sent directly to him. his interest had been poked. "the survival of consciousness?" zenji would come to lean forward. his body language signifying that his interest had now been peaked.

"can you go a little further into detail?" why was this her goal? what exactly made her decide to tackle such a task? when it came to eschatology there was plethora of information on the topic. in fact, with avatars being about, you could say that they fit the category of 'progressive revelations,' prophets who speak and are under the influence of their creatures grace.

there was more to sophia than he thought.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 20:03:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","light"]
Oh, so what Sophia had said intrigued Zenji. She could tell simply from his tone of voice, choice of words, and body language.

"Ah yes. Well, this kind of goes back to the whole 'I was searching for the right religion' thing. I'm very curious about what happens to one's consciousness after death, which religion has it right? Do we go to some type of predetermined heaven? Does the whole reincarnation thing come into play? But I've sort of settled on none of these religions are right, there either has to be more than just a place for souls to go, or it's complete nothingness."

Sophia had so many interesting thoughts, but the hard part was bringing science into things. It's easy to write a thesis on gods only existing in the minds of the believers because one can go out and gather data on religious folk. But..gathering data on what happens to someone when they die...now that's tricky.

note:

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2020 7:32:57 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] "that's not something a human can determine."

a small chuckle escaped him. he was bemused by the applicant's theory. for how science came into play? that was an interesting one. "that's something you would have to ask the 'first'." the thought of what occurred after death is a lifelong question that the lifespan of a human would never have the chance to figure it out.

not until the end of said lifespan.

"many people are still trying to figure out what came first: matter or consciousness?" she had potential, but to spend her time here in figuring that out didn't seem to make her a good fit exactly. "i think by answering that question first can we figure out the question of what will occur 'after'." reaching into his coat pocket did the professor call forth his lucario.

"do you believe the soul continues to exist after your passing?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
wrinkle resistant
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 19:59:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","light"]
Sophia had heard that statement a lot. That's not something a human can determine. There was part of her that agreed, the statement in itself was true. But there was another part of her that felt there had to be a way.

The chuckle that reached Sophia's ears sort of bothered her. That amused chuckle that a parent gave a child that claimed they wanted to be president. That chuckle which on the surface was encouraging, but deep down was full of doubt. But she did her best not to express her distress on her face.

She instead focused on the words the directed sent her way. He suggested humanity could only figure out what happens after if we can figure out what happened first. Which Sophia couldn't argue with.

What happened next intrigued the young woman. The director brought out a lucario and asked a very theological question. She wondered where this was going. "Well I guess it sort of depends on how you define the soul. If you consider the soul to be made of energy then I would say the soul continues to exist because energy is neither created nor destroyed. It simply changes shape."

note: