thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
not what you think [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 18:58:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
After parting from his 'coworker' in Oscar, Gavin's demeanor lapses back into calm indifference. It's not until there's a call for new matchups that he brings his attention back to those around him, amber eyes scanning those milling about.

They settle on the girl at her approach, an uncertain greeting in the dip of his head before she's close enough to discern that, yes, this was to be his next partner. She's young, or looks it, and he doesn't recognize her... though the surname had clued him in to a possible relation or an interesting coincidence.

Time to act, then. He smiles at her.

"Patrick Cavalli," he introduces himself. "I take it you're Adelaide. Do you drink?"

He inclines his head to an (as yet unopened) bottle of wine. It was only polite to ask, as he was intending on indulging himself. He'd signed up only for platonic interaction, so he spares no thought about giving off the wrong sort of signal.
[break]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
not what you think [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 11:53:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Baskerville:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,addyiva]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
MISTLETOE MATCHING

[attr=class,lyric1]
put a price on emotion

[attr=class,lyric2]
i'm looking to buy

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][break]

Wearing a red dress with white faux fur trim, boots in the same style, and a mistletoe hair clip, Adelaide glides onto the scene with delight brimming from her amethyst eyes. A prim and proper (or so she would like to think) Delcatty follows along closely behind her. The environment of the speed dating scene is familiar to them both. But the setting! The pink-haired lass could hardly contain her joy.[break][break]

Finding her table, and the handsome blonde sitting at it, was just about the only thing that could draw her away from all the glittering lights, evergreen wreaths, and sweet aromas. Adelaide offers him a small wave: a cute but swift curl of her fingers before she hides her hands behind her back. "Mhm~!" She smiles brightly, carefully taking her seat as her Delcatty ducks underneath the table to sniff Patrick's shoes.[break][break]

Unsure whether he cared for her to pour the drinks herself or not, the young girl refrained from reaching out to grab the glasses and uncork the wine. Instead, she hastily continued their conversation, knowing full well that time was not in their favor. "Cah-valley, huh? Am I saying it right? Where does that name come from? It definitely doesn't sound native to Hoenn, but then again... I'm not from here, hehe." She admits. reaching up to twirl a strand of pink hair around her finger. "Are you married?"[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,addyivacredit]
punki

[newclass=".addyiva .accentbg"]background: #FF9263;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .accentborder"]border-color: #FF9263;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .tagline a, .addyiva .bulk b, .addyiva .bulk i, .addyivacredit a"]color: #FF9263;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .image"]background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/Sveq0oM.gif');[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #f0f0f0; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #fff; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 16px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 42px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #3e3e3e; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #fff; font-size: 16px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 18px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyiva .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #fff; min-height: 38px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; text-align: justify; color: rgba(0,0,0,0.6);[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyivacredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".addyivacredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
not what you think [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 16:22:22 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin uncorks the bottle of wine, pouring himself and Adelaide a glass each as she talks. He nods at the pronunciation of the name; it's close enough, at any rate. When she asks if he's married, he laughs.

How incredibly forward. He can appreciate that.

"Ah, not yet, though my other half is around somewhere." He glances about, but catches no glimpse of . A Delibird potters about the tables, chirping merrily and handing out little gifts from its tail. "I'm originally from Unova, though Cavalli might trace its origins back to Fiore. I'd never thought to ask. Where are you from, then?"

He nudges the glass of wine across the table, then leans down to let the Delcatty sniff at his fingers.

[break]