awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
Can You Keep Up? [sw]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 14:08:26 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

"All right. Who's here? Shieldon, Kinley, present. Aileen, Chimecho, present.  Quarrie, Clefairy, present. Iver, Rowlet, present. All accounted for!" 

..I suppose this means we can begin."

Chryssa sat with her pen tapping on the side of her notebook, looking at the four Pokemon lined up in front of her. She'd procured a pair of reading glasses for this formal occasion (which took place on a stump just outside Oldale Town) and peered over the top of them. The Pokemon looked uneasily back at her, unsure why they had been summoned.

"Thank you all for coming today," she said smoothly, businesslike. "You may not have noticed, but unlike many my other Pokemon, none of you are rideable, pre-trained, or timeless horrors from another dimension." She was of course speaking of Gaven and Gawen, who'd evolved from a Nincada she'd literally caught in a vision. She'd taken to spending special amounts of time with both of them in an attempt to figure out which one was eventually going to betray and kill her, but so far had no leads.

The four creatures nodded along, trading wary glances. They were all relatively small and new, and Chryssa always had negative experiences with trying to train brand new Pokemon. Shieldon she had purchased herself in good faith that he'd been pre-trained, but the other three she'd received from other trainers. Who knew how wild-- or how tame-- they really were? Pokemon varied in levels of communication, after all-- she'd found psychic-types most receptive to her unvoiced whims and desires so far, but previously-trained Pokemon could be remarkable as well. Ness and Laina were testaments to that.

"So! I'm holding an interview, of sorts. Prove yourself to me, and you will be richly rewarded with my favor," the girl declared. She gestured vaguely around herself at her forest-y surroundings. "Your task is thus..."

She set down the clipboard, taking off her glasses.

"Fetch me a BUG. Something vile and treacherous, which only sneaky bug catchers would catch. Do you understand?"

Alarmed, the four Pokemon began to look around themselves. Predictably, responding to her vocal commands, Kinley moved first. The Shieldon loped off towards the docks on the far side of town, glancing hesitantly over his shoulder for only a moment. More leisurely, Aileen floated off in the opposite direction, riding the wind with her tail flapping behind her. Third, Quarrie the Clefairy began to bounce off lightly towards the town itself, taking care to avoid stray people.

Chryssa grabbed Iver before the Rowlet could fly off. "And you say here with me, in case something comes up while I'm waiting," she said devilishly as he kicked his bird-feet in protest.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,798 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Can You Keep Up? [sw]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 3:28:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RIBOMBEE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHIELD DUST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POLLEN PUFF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUG BUZZ
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAINING KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STRUGGLE BUG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
Can You Keep Up? [sw]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 8:06:44 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Chryssa sat and waited, wondering which of her three Pokemon would return first with her potential revenge-Christmas-gift. Perhaps a revenge-New-Year's-gift at this stage. Worst case scenario, she'd heard Clefairy could learn Present-- maybe she could just drop one of those on Doug's campsite in the night.

"Since we're here, show me what you can do," she said to the Rowlet, which hopped down indignantly and spent a moment fluffing up its feathers and preening away its embarrassment. She watched it demonstrate its moves with her chin propped up on one hand, nodding thoughtfully. 

Aileen came floating up with a limp Rimbombee wrapped up in her tail, ringing brightly. "You found one!" Chryssa cried, putting her fake reading glasses back on to inspect it. "Mhmm, compound eyes look fractal, proboscis is curly... legs are... nice... but!" Chryssa unwound the Chimecho's tail from the creature and set the insect on the ground to recover, "It's far too cute! I need something abhorrent, to reestablish my dominance in our rivalry."

Despite her words, Chryssa wagged the tip of the pen at the Pokemon. "That said, thank you for your contribution! You may stand by until the others return." She gestured for the Chimecho to relax somewhere and it gratefully flew up to stick to one of the tree branches, fluttering in the breeze.

One of three down.

Who would return to her with an offering next? 

PASS

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,798 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Can You Keep Up? [sw]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 9:37:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ALOMOMOLA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HEALER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER PULSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PROTECT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WAKE-UP SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAFEGUARD

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
Can You Keep Up? [sw]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 12:39:41 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Who would be next? The Chimecho had started things off on a high note (no pun intended). It was unfortunate that the Ribombee was far too adorable to waste in the Hive King's army.

A pink shape appeared, floating up and then gently coasting back down in the distance. Chryssa put one hand over her brow as if to shade her eyes. "What ho, I see Quarrie returning," she said "But she seems unusually burdened! Could it be..."

Rising up and floating back down again like an astronaut on the moon, the Clefairy landed in front of Chryssa and deposited a huge, hand-holding fish on the ground. The girl looked at it critically, considering the criteria she'd requested.

"No!"
she said indignantly. "No! Just... no! Get back out there, find Kinley and help him get a proper creepy-crawly. And take this unpronounceable fish with you!"

The Clefairy might not have understood perfectly, but she understood Chryssa's tone. Alarmed, the fairy collected the fish and soared away again, headed towards the docks where the Shieldon had gone. Hopefully the fossil Pokemon could explain a thing or two about the fine details of Chryssa's request.

PASS

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,798 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Can You Keep Up? [sw]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 5:51:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD JELLICENT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CURSED BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BRINE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHADOW BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAIN DANCE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
Can You Keep Up? [sw]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 6:39:00 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Chryssa waited. And waited. She went through a whole training montage of waiting before she finally saw something pink again in the distance.

The closer it got, however, the more and more apparent it became that it was not Clefairy. It was not even the classic Clefairy and Alomomola combo. The closer it floated, like an ever-growing orb of pink light, the more Chryssa realized that it was not one of her Pokémon at all, and was actually something wild approaching of its own volition. “Hope you’re ready to prove your worth,” she murmured to the Rowlet as the orb drifted ever closer. The owl stamped its feet, readying an attack.

The real Ocean Empress had arrived.

The Jellicent floated down, depositing the completely incapacitated bodies of her Shieldon and Clefairy on the ground in front of her as if to say I believe these are yours. Chryssa held up a hand. “One second, Iver,” she said clearly, eying the new Pokémon. “I think we have a surprise, come-from-behind winner! You’ve proven yourself to be receptive, certainly. Join us, apparition.”

Twirling spectrally in place, the creature’s eyelashes rose and fell in silent assent. A bug present forgotten, Chryssa stood up, recalling her two fainted Pokémon and tossing a single capsule at the jellyfish. Though they’d fallen in the process, Kinley and Quarrie had done well to pull this out of the depths. She could never have found something so brilliantly suitable on her own.

“Interview concluded! Thank you for coming, everyone.”

CATCHING JELLICENT

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,798 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Can You Keep Up? [sw]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 8:58:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]YOU CAUGHT JELLICENT!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CURSED BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BRINE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHADOW BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAIN DANCE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]YOU RECEIVE 5 PD!