[attr="class","youthimg"]

[attr="class","youthmain"]LEO DEL RÍO [break] • • •

[attr="class","youthbar"]

[attr="class","far fa-star"]

MISSION

[attr="class","youthpost"]

Leo yawned.

[break][break]

He had pulled an all-nighter the day before, trying to write a report for his final. Honestly, it wasn't his fault — he had planned it all out. He had known everything that he was supposed to do, had written an outline and everything! But before he knew it, time had gotten ahead of him and before he knew it, it had been almost 3AM and the final he was supposed to turn in was at 7AM. By some miraculous twist of fate, he had managed to finish and turn it in, but from the look of his professor's face... well, he wasn't going to think about that! Today, he had a mission to do!

[break][break] The club that he was part of had all agreed that they would do volunteer work this weekend in spirit of the holidays that were about to come up, and Leo was never one to turn down an offer to help people. After, what would his Mom have to say about that? Nothing good, probably. She'd always told him how important it was to help people in need, as long as he was able. It was good for his soul, or God would smile down on him, or something like that — honestly, he could never really listen to her rambling.

[break][break] By the time that Leo had arrived to the University to join the group heading to the volunteer site... well, he had been late. Hey, he had barely gotten three hours of sleep. It was lucky that Peanut was able to take him, and that it wasn't too far away. The six foot boy was currently laying lazily over his Zebstrika as she did all of the work, her hooves trotting through the streets of Slateport's Upper District with relative ease.

[break][break] She made a small whinny, and he looked up groggily, yawning. "Oh — we here?" Blinking, he slid off of her and onto the floor beneath. There were set in front several skyscraper apartments, and while there were many people bustling around in the city streets, it didn't seem unusual for Slateport. Before Leo could question it, however, a middle-aged woman came rushing out of a building.

[break][break] "Thank goodness you're here! We need all the hands we can get — wait a moment. Aren't there supposed to be two of you?"

[break][break] "Uhhhhhhm — "

[attr="class","youthnotes"]

— healing hoenn (EE) [break]
TLDR; leo shows up to volunteer, but is missing a partner?!

[attr="class","youthpkmn"]

[attr="class","youthbottom"]

[googlefont=Playfair+Display]

[googlefont=Montserrat:800i]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
FLOWERS IN YOUR MOUTH, &. [mission]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2020 23:01:20 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
The region was short-handed in the aftermath of war, and volunteers were in high demand. The partner that Leo had been promised had, perhaps, fallen to other commitments... or a worse fate. Not all of the Megalopolans had been flushed out of their hiding places as of yet, and their cannibalistic nature meant that many of the missing were presumed to have been captured.

Regardless of the circumstances, the intended partner had not showed.

"I've got contacts in the Rangers," another volunteer pipes up. "I'll see if they've got anyone free."

It's under these circumstances that, disheveled and looking as if he'd been roused from a midday nap, Orion teleports on the scene. He stifles a yawn against the crook of his elbow and straightens the collar of his dress shirt, offering a sheepish and apologetic glance.

"Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long; Rangers said you guys were looking for an extra pair of hands?" They'd neglected to tell him the finer details, and so he addresses the bespectacled man. "What's the job?"

The Alakazam who'd brought him here vanishes in a flash of light, returning to its ball.

"Oh, uh — Orion Lykos, by the way."

[break]
close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
You got my soul in your solar system But you keep my heart out of hand
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 19:01:44 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","youth"]

MISSION

The stern, expectant eyes of the woman made Leo feel like he was sweating bullets. He turned, awkwardly, back to Peanut who simply looked blankly back at him. The Zebstrika snorted. 'What, you expect me to do something?' She looked away, stamping a hoof against the ground when a small fly attemtped to settle on her muzzle.

[break][break] However, lucky for Leo, his knight in shining armor showed up on the scene — teleporting quite literally into view. A dapper looking man, who was fixing his collar, and seeming somewhat sheepish. Not that, of course, Leo noticed any of that.

[break][break] His face brightened almost immediately and in no time at all, he attempted to grab the other man's arm and drag him back over to the woman in question — who was looking somewhat impatient by this point. "Yup! Right here, I got my man right here."

[break][break] Of course, Orion's question went unheard by Leo's ears — not that it particularly mattered. The boy would not have been able to tell him what the job was, as he barely knew it himself.

[break][break] "Oh goody!" the woman said, clasping her hands together. "What strong, handsome looking men —" Her eyes went over Orion in particular as she said this. "There is still some rubble from the aftermath — a broken wall that needs painting and spackling, some broken air conditioner units that need fixing, and of course, clearing of the construction site at the back of the building — those construction workers don't know how to clean up after themselves." She clicked her tongue disapprovingly. "In fact, the entire garden needs work, if either of you have a green thumb." She smiled, in the only warm, yet slightly condescending way, that a woman like her could. "So what'll it be? Take your pick!"

[break][break] Leo looked at the other man, expecting him to choose.

TLDR; leo is bad at making decisions

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 8:48:07 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
So startled is Orion by the man's sudden approach that he has no time to jerk his arm away before he's physically dragged toward the stern-faced old woman. Either his partner neglected to realise how tense Orion's muscles were beneath his hold, or he didn't care.

As soon as they're standing before their host, Orion tugs away from Leo as gently as he can, hoping to escape notice.

Thanks to the anxiety spinning his thoughts into a whirlwind, the councilman misses the majority of options the woman provides. He's recovered enough to catch on when she mentions a green thumb, and stammers somewhat awkwardly, "Oh, I have — um, I'm OK at gardens."

His cheeks flush. He'd rather be anywhere else.

[break]
close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 18:57:41 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","youth"]

MISSION

The other man pulls away from him, and Leo barely notices. His attention is still focused on the woman and the options she gave the both of them, his mind trying to work it like a puzzle. But there are too many options, and the boy is easily confused, especially when it involves a lot of words. Could you guess that he's a student at Slateport University, attending actual college? Probably not.

[break][break] Luckily, it seems like Councilman Lykos is there to save the day, once again.

[break][break] The woman clasps her hands in excitement, and it is only then that she seems to notice that is is Council member in front of them. And here she was, complaining about gardeners! She gives a soft little gasp, and then immediately stammers, "Councilman, oh no, I didn't realize -" And she'd been there the whole time, ordering him around!

[break][break] However, before she can say anything else, Leo is already climbing backatop his Zebstrika and offering a hand to the other in an attempt to hitch him a ride. If Orion takes his hand, he'll be sure to help him hoist on top of Peanut before leading them to the backside of the building, where the gardens are.

[break][break] When they arrive, they are met with the sight of a wide field in the center of a plaza, sectioned off between four buildings. It is mostly vacant - which is good, if you have social anxiety, but also unfortunate because it means there is a lot of work to be done. There are wooden logs stacked in the corner from where the construction workers had failed to clean up. The new soil has already been placed and smoothed into the ground, however there are still pots and flowers unplanted stacked on the side, needing to be attended to.

[break][break] Immediately - almost excitedly - Leo slides down his Zebstrika and then heads over to the flowers, hand pressed against his chin as he considers where to start. He turns back to the other with a grin. "You said you had a green thumb, right?"

TLDR; leo is bad at making decisions

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=.youth]width:500px;min-height:300px;margin:0px auto;background:#000; tranition:1s ease-in-out[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthimg]background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/94/87/66/94876605a2117a18a2e835e0e9324bb3.jpg);height:200px;background-size:cover;background-position:80% 40%;filter:contrast(120%) saturate(140%) sepia(30%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthmain]font:italic 43px 'Montserrat';text-transform:uppercase;padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;font-weight:800;text-shadow:2px 2px #f6c900;line-height:35px;width:130px;color:#1b1b1b; word-wrap: break-word;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthimg span]background:#d6982c;font:15px 'Montserrat';text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:-1px;width:300px;color:#1b1b1b;box-shadow:2px 2px #1b1b1b;padding-right:10px;text-align:right;float:left;margin:60px 0px 0px 150px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youth .youthbar]border-left:0px solid #1b1b1b; background:#d6982c; height:30px;padding-left:50px; padding-top:20px; overflow:hidden; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youth:hover .youthbar]border-left:90px solid #1b1b1b; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthbar a]color:#d6982c; font:10px Poppins; letter-spacing:2px; font-weight:600; text-shadow:none; text-transform:uppercase; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:none; background:#1b1b1b; margin-left:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.youthbar span]color:#d6982c; font:10px Poppins; letter-spacing:2px; font-weight:600; text-shadow:none; text-transform:uppercase; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:none; padding:5px 10px; background:#1b1b1b; margin-left:5px; border-radius:50px; text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthpost]background:#1b1b1b;font:400 12px roboto; text-align:justify;border-radius:0px 50px 0px 50px;padding:30px 30px 50px;color:#dbd6ce;margin:20px 30px 30px 30px;box-shadow:5px 5px #d6982c;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthpost b]font:bold 12px Roboto; font-weight:700; padding:0px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.youthpost span]font: 10px Consolas; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.youthbottom]background:#d6982c;padding:10px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youth .far]transform:rotate(20deg);font-size:90px;color:rgba(250,250,250,0.3);float:left;margin-top:-40px; margin-right:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthpkmn]text-align:center;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthpkmn img]border-radius:100px;margin-right:10px;filter:grayscale(100%);transition:0.3s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthpkmn img:hover]transition:0.3s all; filter:grayscale(0%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthnotes]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2);margin:10px 40px 0px 40px; padding:10px; box-shadow:4px 4px #d6982c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.youthnotes a]font:11px Consolas; text-transform:uppercase; color:#d6982c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.youthnotes span]font:11px Consolas; text-transform:uppercase; background:#d6982c;color:#000;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2021 4:08:41 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Bless the old woman — she addresses him as councilman, and Orion is roughly snapped out of his stupor with the reminder that he has a public image to uphold. Though his cheeks remain hot with the remnants of shame, he pulls himself together enough to smile and shake his head.

"It's no trouble, ma'am," he insists. "I'm here on behalf of the Rangers."

The Council had decidedly bigger issues than this to be dealing with, but he'd handle those during work hours. If anything, this job could be considered a vacation from the paperwork. The Ranger alert had roused him from a midday nap but he was a man who stretched himself so thin as to be almost invisible and had accepted without a second thought.

Dreading the closeness of a ride on the Zebstrika, Orion quickly excuses, "Oh, I wouldn't want to burden your Zebstrika more than necessary, I've got my own transport!"

It's not the Alakazam he retrieves from its ball, but a Girafarig who whinnies upon being released from confinement. Her tail growls and snaps at the air, but Orion seems unperturbed as he pats the Pokemon's neck and climbs aboard. Following Peanut's lead, the Girafarig ferries her trainer to the intended site, where she bends her long neck to nibble at the grass.

Dismounting, Orion's gaze fixes upon the logs. Heavy, but manageable thanks to his psychic-types. It's not until Leo addresses him that his gaze snaps back to the other. "Hm? Oh, I... well, I grow berry trees, sometimes, and I have a few house plants. Kind of tradition in Fortree." His laughter is a little strained. "So I think I'll manage. You?"

As he listens to Leo's response, he directs his Girafarig to begin lifting the logs one at a time with her psychic abilities.

[break]
close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 20:09:30 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","youth"]

MISSION

The civilian woman is flustered when she is addressed by the councilman, but Leo isn't. Not even when his offer for a ride is turned down. The college boy is already galloping away by the time is on his Zebstrika, and it is only a minute later that he is sliding down onto the soft grass looking around at the garden before them.

[break][break] Privately, Peanut is glad for the counsilman's offer. Though she is sure that she would have no trouble carrying them both, there is no need to burden her more than necessary. Not that Leo has ever made such an offer - his faith in her is unrivaled, and constant. And frankly, sometimes, a little bit exhausting.

[break][break] If she had the words, she would have thanked the counsilman herself. Instead, as Leo slips off her, she trots over to a patch of grass and sniffs at it briefly before nibbling. Whatever the humans have to do here is not up to her, and she's already done her work. It's now time for Leo to pull his own weight.

[break][break] Well, not before the tall, lanky boy is making an "o" face at Orion for the way that he magically lifts the wooden logs. For a moment, it almost seems as if he does it but then Leo realizes that it's his pokemon who does. Oh. Yeah, that would definitely make more sense.

[break][break] At the conversation, Leo grins wide. "I'm from Olddale! We have a garden there too, though nothing as big as this." His eyes are wide behind his glasses as he looks back to the garden -- though barren, Leo can see the potential that practically leaks from it. "Come on!" he says, attempting to grab Orion's hand and lead them towards the center of the plaza. Leo is quick to drop down to his knees and shove his hands into the dirt, creating a small hole with his fingers and then place a pretty sapling inside. "I hung around there all the time after school. I don't know if I have a green thumb, but I do know it was super fun. 'Course, it's a community garden, so it's not like I was the only one. Everyone was glad to help."

TLDR; leo uses dig

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=.youth]width:500px;min-height:300px;margin:0px auto;background:#000; tranition:1s ease-in-out[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthimg]background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/94/87/66/94876605a2117a18a2e835e0e9324bb3.jpg);height:200px;background-size:cover;background-position:80% 40%;filter:contrast(120%) saturate(140%) sepia(30%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthmain]font:italic 43px 'Montserrat';text-transform:uppercase;padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;font-weight:800;text-shadow:2px 2px #f6c900;line-height:35px;width:130px;color:#1b1b1b; word-wrap: break-word;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthimg span]background:#d6982c;font:15px 'Montserrat';text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:-1px;width:300px;color:#1b1b1b;box-shadow:2px 2px #1b1b1b;padding-right:10px;text-align:right;float:left;margin:60px 0px 0px 150px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youth .youthbar]border-left:0px solid #1b1b1b; background:#d6982c; height:30px;padding-left:50px; padding-top:20px; overflow:hidden; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youth:hover .youthbar]border-left:90px solid #1b1b1b; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthbar a]color:#d6982c; font:10px Poppins; letter-spacing:2px; font-weight:600; text-shadow:none; text-transform:uppercase; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:none; background:#1b1b1b; margin-left:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.youthbar span]color:#d6982c; font:10px Poppins; letter-spacing:2px; font-weight:600; text-shadow:none; text-transform:uppercase; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:none; padding:5px 10px; background:#1b1b1b; margin-left:5px; border-radius:50px; text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthpost]background:#1b1b1b;font:400 12px roboto;; text-align:justify;border-radius:0px 50px 0px 50px;padding:30px 30px 50px;color:#dbd6ce;margin:20px 30px 30px 30px;box-shadow:5px 5px #d6982c;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthpost b]font:bold 12px roboto; color:#f6c900; [/newclass]
[newclass=.youthpost span]font: 10px Consolas; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.youth .far]transform:rotate(20deg);font-size:90px;color:rgba(250,250,250,0.3);float:left;margin-top:-40px; margin-right:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthpkmn img]border-radius:100px;margin-right:10px;filter:grayscale(100%);transition:0.3s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthpkmn img:hover]transition:0.3s all; filter:grayscale(0%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.youthnotes]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2);margin:10px 40px 0px 40px; padding:10px; box-shadow:4px 4px #d6982c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.youthnotes a]font:11px Consolas; text-transform:uppercase; color:#d6982c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.youthnotes span]font:11px Consolas; text-transform:uppercase; background:#d6982c;color:#000;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 23:15:18 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Orion's still formulating a proper response to 's comment on Oldale when he's taken by the hand and tugged toward the garden, thoroughly scrambling whatever train of thought he might have had.

Once, he would have jerked his hand back and snapped at the other. Now, with PR training for the Council, he internalizes his distress and allows himself to be led.

"Fortree has a lot of stuff like that," he says at last, watching Leo plant his sapling. The councilman's expression is strained. "Community stuff, I mean. It's a city but it feels more like a town, I guess."

Was that a poor way of wording it? It wasn't Fortree's size that gave him the opinion, but its atmosphere: in Lilycove, he'd felt like a stranger. No one had known who he was before he ran for Council and became a public figure. In Fortree, he felt like a hometown hero. His neighbors greeted him by name. Even the Pokemon felt friendlier.

Despite being dressed more like a councilman than a Ranger in his suit, he kneels down in the dirt alongside the other man with little regard for ruining his pants. That's what washing machines were for, after all.

"I, ah, never got your name?"
close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 4:27:33 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","youth"]

MISSION

A town, huh?

[break][break] The words bring Leo back to another time, when he was five and his mother was introducing him to the community gardens for the first time. "Mijo," she would say, leading him forward and placing a plant sapling into his tiny, child hands. "There are times to to be gentle." The dirt had crumbled into his hands, through his fingers. "Remember, there is nothing in the world more precious than kindness."

[break][break] His thoughts are distracted, but eventually Leo comes back down to earth. "That sounds fun," he says, patting the earth with his hands and then proceeding to dig another hole for the next sapling. He turns to Orion, with a grin. "You should take me sometime! I'd love to see it."

[break][break] Someone might have been aghast at the familiar, casual way that he is treating the Councilman. But it is true what they say, after all — ignorance is bliss, right?

[break][break] "Oh," he says, when the other asks for his name. "I'm Leo." His brows pinch together as he tries to remember the other's name. What had that lady called him, again? "Yours is - like - Oreo, right?"

[break][break] Behind him, there is something like a snuff - a laugh? - as Peanut moves onto another patch of grass.

TLDR; leo uses dig

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=.youthpost]background:#1b1b1b;font:400 12px roboto;; text-align:justify;border-radius:0px 50px 0px 50px;padding:30px 30px 50px;color:#dbd6ce;margin:20px 30px 30px 30px;box-shadow:5px 5px #d6982c;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 5:36:10 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Caught off-guard by the other's forwardness, Orion takes several seconds to organize his thoughts. I don't even know his name!

So he decides to ask, for what's the harm in it?

The harm? 'Yours is - like - Oreo, right?'

The nickname hits him like a punch to the gut, driving the air from his lungs as he's assaulted by repressed emotion. There had been another, once, to call the councilman by that name — only he hadn't been a councilman, then, and had not yet been a headline in the news. 'YOUNG WOMAN KILLED BY FERAL POKEMON'. Orion's mouth opens without sound, and his eyes well with hot tears. He blinks them back and looks away.

"O-Orion," he manages, after a moment. His voice is strained, and his eyes still shine when he returns his gaze to . "It's Orion. I — sorry, I had a friend..."

He stops, shakes his head.
close tab

played by

milky

leo, leonício
he/him
MARCH 14
OLDDALE TOWN
demisexual
slateport u. student
cadet
awards
88 posts
leo del río DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @leo
leo del río
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 9:14:11 GMT
leo del río Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","youth"]

MISSION

Leo blinks.

[break][break] Normally, Leo is oblivious to this sort of thing. It isn't that emotions aren't his strong suit; on the contrary, he and his heart are very familiar with each other. It is that he is normally moving too fast to notice, his thoughts running a million miles a second, too busy, too quick, to take a moment and stop. To take a moment and breathe.

[break][break] Normally, the college student wouldn't have noticed the other's discomfort, the way that his face crumpled at the nickname that had tumbled so easily out of Leo's mouth, as if it was a nickname he had said forever, not one that he had just learned just a few minutes ago.

[break][break] Normally — but that's irrelevant. That isn't what happens.

[break][break] Councilman Lykos is crying.

[break][break] Leo stares, stunned, as tears spring to the esteemed man's eyes, and even though looks away, as if to hide them, it is too late. The boy has already seen them. However, instead of be spurned by them, it makes Leo propel forward, aiming to curl his hands over the other. If Orion will let him. "Sorry, um, I didn't — " What had Leo said? Did he say something bad? He can't remember. His eyes are round, yet at the same time a million miles deep, behind their glasses.

[break][break] "I'll be your friend," he says, empathetically. His voice is softer. "I'll be your friend, Orion."

TLDR; leo uses :pleading_eyes:

[googlefont=Poppins]