Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Desert Ops [M/Open]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 22:02:21 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
Skirting the edges of the conflagration with his two airborne pokemon, the boy kept tried to direct Ravana and her hypnosis to any stragglers. Large sweeping moves weren't in his arsenal, at least not ones that weren't lethal. That made Draco little more than a mount. Granted, he also could employ sandstorm, just as Doug's flygon.
[break][break]
It wasn't needed here however. All the actual troopers seemed to be doing fine. With what the storm would permit showing him, they moved and acted like soldiers, unlike himself, at least in his own opinion. The bug trainer seemed to be moving with a coordination among his pokemon that was unnaturally good.
[break][break]
I wonder what trick he's using... A note was made mentally to ask him once the whole deal was over. There were a ton of these megalopolan vermin within the camp. The boy still couldn't see why his crush commander was upset about a single dead one. After all, what were the League to do with this whole lot once they had served their purpose?
[break][break]
Just more dirty deeds the League will never admit to. Still, part of him wanted to find Commissioner again and ask to be part of the uh, 'humane' extermination program that was doubtless taking place away from prying eyes. At least it had better be. Because as realistically gross as that was, the alternative to keep the swine alive was much darker.

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

-yanmega used hypnosis

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Desert Ops [M/Open]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 22:30:51 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

As far as Doug was concerned, the Megalopolans were to be kept in a prison for their entire life. He knew reality was not likely so kind, but believing it was preferable to the alternative.

Though the Soldiers moved with the precision and discipline one would hope from a military unit, Andy's more reckless and open strafing maneuvers served to throw the already unnerved and off guard Megalopolans further, as it did not match any of the intel on the Hoenn Military's tactics that they had come to learn during the war.

Eventually, Doug and a few other members of the squad all managed to corner and Capture the Camp's commanding officer.

In the end... the reason for the covert nature of the Megalopolan group became rather obvious.

Ultra Beasts had scarcely been used at all by the enemy- and the ones that had been used, such as the Commander's personal beast, did not compare in strength to the ones that had featured in the war.

Just as the Scientists of the League had hypothesized, extended periods of time away from Ultra Space had weakened the Ultra Beasts.

"Last one." Doug said as the last of the Megalopolans was restrained and put to sleep, looking over the large group of Megalopolans silently before speaking into his comms. "That's a wrap, Everyone. Bring 'er around to our current coordinates, Private."

With that last order, it wouldn't be long before their transport arrived to carry them and their quarry back to HQ.

The military memes mission was over.

Only one problem left.

"Sergeant." A single soldier spoke, approaching the young man. "We found the sentry, as you ordered. It was, uh... beyond neutralized."

Doug took a deep breath at that.

"It was, wasn't it?" He said, gritting his teeth tightly behind his closed mouth, craning his head back to breath deeply... before releasing another deep breath.

"Was it...?"

"I screwed up and got us found out. So we had no choice." He lied through his teeth, face blank. "I'll report it to command myself. Understood?"

"Sir!" The man saluted in response, before pulling away.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Desert Ops [M/Open]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 22:54:28 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

While he did not dare touch any of the megalopolans beyond the first, the rest of the crew seemed to have things well in order. Being in such close proximity to the things as they were packed into a truck took some discipline, perhaps even an uncharacteristic amount. It was clear from his face that he had nothing but contempt and disgust for the creatures.
[break][break]
Watching in curious irritation as Doug lied about the one death the enemy suffered, his flygon lay curled by his ankle, just happy for the whole rotten mess to finally be over. His yanmega hovered over her charge's shoulder. Something was amiss, and even if she were just a simple bug, it could be felt hanging in the air.
[break][break]
''You know, if the League was that uptight about getting all of these prisoners, why the bloody hell did they even allow any old trainer to show up and do it?'' When you had a grab bag of participants, you had a grab bag of results. But what could Andy expect from the League. ''Sorry I made you look bad to people who don't give a toss about us in the first place.''
[break][break]
Despite the wording, there was some sincerity there. He could only imagine what things would have been like if someone such as Silph or Goode had been here personally. Perhaps in the former case there would have been far more megalopolan bodies. Perhaps in the latter case there would be more League bodies. Either way just by their presence, the aliens ruined everything.

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Desert Ops [M/Open]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 23:10:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug flinched when Andy suddenly spoke up, not aware the youth had been nearby. Or perhaps, he had been trying his best to ignore his presence.

His mouth clenched as his gulped for air, his stomach suddenly unwilling to cooperate with him.

A few deep breathes...

"Not just any. Not for this one." Said Doug as he released a small puff of air. He looked up, feigning interest in the starry night sky of the desert to avoid looking up at the other kid. "I was allowed to choose from applicants, and ya were eager to come. So I chose told command I had an applicant o' my own, and brought'cha along."

In retrospective, perhaps he should've questioned Andy's unexplained zeal on the matter. He knew by now the other kid had no interest in helping the League under normal circumstances.

Andy's next words drew another breath from Doug.

"Andy." Said Doug. "I don't care 'bout appearances."

If he did, he wouldn't wear a straw hat. Or speak like a hick. Or invite boys on dates out in the open.

"And I'll never tell anyone to not defend themselves from harm. But..." He paused. And shuddered.

"I..." His mind went back to several dozen minutes ago, to the sound of crunching bone, to the feeling of splattering gore on his face and the taste of blood on his tongue.

The youth visibly sickened, lurching forward while holding his mouth.

Perhaps he just wasn't meant to be a Soldier after all.

"I... I can't just kill a helpless man." He said as he managed to swallow his own vile... before finally standing to his full height, and facing Andy, his expression serious. "Nor am I allowed to. The Laws of war prohibit make it illegal to attack a helpless enemy. Yer not a soldier, Andy, nor even of age... so I'll have to falsify my report."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Desert Ops [M/Open]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 23:28:01 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Taking a step back when it looked as if the other trainer would vomit, he too wondered if Doug were really cut out for combat. Wasn't war a place for all manner of gore? That's what every movie and video game had always told him. When he finally composed himself, Andy crossed his arms at his explanation.
[break][break]
''See, that's where you're looking at this shit all wrong.'' In his mind, it was a matter of a flawed perspective. ''I didn't kill a helpless man. These damn things ain't no men. They're flesh eating monsters that woulda flayed the skin from our fucking bones and gorged on it while we were still alive if the shoe where on the other foot.'' He huffed doing some recollection of his own.
[break][break]
''At Mauville some of the unlucky ones was only red meaty jelly. Don't let sentience fool you, Doug. They're beasts, just like the ultra beats they terrorize this planet with. If they were civilized enough for peace, they would have a white flag at least lying around somewhere, but no. It ain't no where to be seen.'' The whole situation was angering him the more he thought on it.
[break][break]
''Fuck every one of them and fuck the League for letting some get away from Mauville to terrorize people out here, and terrorize you,'' he thrust a finger briefly. ''And fuck any law that would want to preserve whatever the fuck kinda shitty status quo that would be anyway. Clearly it wasn't written in the wake of a bloody alien invasion.''

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Desert Ops [M/Open]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 23:50:36 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug stared at Andy blankly, the other's youths words almost incomprehensible to him. They were spoken with the same voice he had grown to appreciate, with the same heated tone he had come to find more amusing than annoying or terrifying... But they brought nothing but confused revulsion to his chest.

He could not agree to this. To treating a person that looked like a human, spoke like a human, was sentient like a human as no more than vermin...

A flawed perspective, perhaps. Undeniably so, some would say. Man eating, alien warlords. Was there any reason to hold anything but contempt for them, after everything they had done?

What made them different from the Rockets he had despised so much? Both had brought death to his family. And yet...

Even rockets, he knew, he would not be able to kill.

"Heh. Hehehe..." The youth chuckled, then giggled. He dragged a hand to his face, pressing index and thumb against his eyes as his frame quaked in apparent amusement. "Maybe... I'm the problem after all. Haha!"

He was trying to laugh so hard, but his mind could only keep going back to the decapitated corpse, the more he looked at Andy, the more he thought about his words.

His digits couldn't keep the tears from welling up behind his lids.

He stopped laughing.

"Andy. I don't... think I can look at you right now." He said, even as his hand dropped back to his sides and he forced himself to stare at the other youth. The tears ran freely, even as he forced his usual smile. "I'm sorry."

He turned on his heel and began marching towards the transport, stopping at the door.

"I'll... call you when I can, okay?"

Hopefully.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Desert Ops [M/Open]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 1:30:55 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

He could only stare, face contorted in puzzlement at first. When Doug began to laugh, the Galarian thought he might be coming around. His words, his flawless logic had finally convinced someone? But no. As the display when on, he came to see that it seemed like his commander was only humoring him. It was an act.
[break][break]
His own chocolate eyes averted from the older boy as he spoke. Something cold grew in him. It made him desire a jacket despite standing in a desert. It didn't make any sense. Why couldn't he look at him? No one had said that to him before, and despite all the heinous things that had, it seemed like it hurt more. His gaze didn't recenter on Doug until he was walking away.
[break][break]
He cares more about these bastards than he does me, he thought. A bitter poison ran through his veins. He clenched his fists until his knuckles turned white and his nails threatened to pierce his palms. An adage he had read as a child was coming back to haunt him again, as it had often throughout his life.
[break][break]
'If you love me, I'll always live in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always live in your head.'
[break][break]
Will you forget me too? Indifference. That was the true freedom. He could not be loved, nor could he inspire hatred. He could only be forgotten. No answer came as Doug went to mount his truck. Andy just stood glaring as it disappeared into the distance in a cloud of dust before his own eyes began to water.
[break][break]
I shoulda killed all of them.

--

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Desert Ops [M/Open]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 6:48:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: