bitterfrost [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
bitterfrost [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 7:08:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Baskerville:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,lev-rt]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
MISSION: YUKI-ONNA

[attr=class,lyric1]
drops of jupiter

[attr=class,lyric2]
stars ensnared

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][break]

On the snowy fringes of Fortree City there was a neighborhood composed entirely of three-story treehouses that blended in with the wilderness beyond. For the past week, reports had come in of a 'demonic presence' supposedly haunting this area. Locals claimed it was the twisted spirit of a wild-man that had once lived in the caves beyond.[break][break]

Alevander, undercover as an operative of the League, had chosen to take the assignment and see exactly what was going on. He had always been somewhat interested in the occult, after all. Any chance he had to prove whether some of it was bullshit or not, he took.[break][break]

Still, the League didn't feel safe sending him alone. So he'd been put on an Eiscue-led sleigh (strange, I know) with this other person and sent off. The entire way there, the astrologist had been too fascinated by their massive ICE FACES to really spark anything in the way of conversation. But once they arrived in the snowy treehouse neighborhood, he regarded his teammate with a smile.[break][break]

"So where do you suppose we go first?" He asked, hopping out of the sleigh and tipping their driver with a silver piece. "Perhaps investigate that cave the locals talk about? Or ask some questions around here first?"

[break]

mission: YUKI-ONNA

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

open

[attr=class,lev-rtcredit]
punki

[newclass=".lev-rt .accentbg"]background: #353535;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .accentborder"]border-color: #F4F4F4;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .tagline a, .lev-rt .bulk b, .lev-rt .bulk i, .lev-rtcredit a"]color: #F4F4F4;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .image"]background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/KAPav1G.gif');[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.7; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #999999; font-size: 14px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 16px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rt .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 38px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rtcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".lev-rtcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
bitterfrost [m]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2021 1:07:09 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

It was the perfect day for a winter sleigh ride, but Michiko couldn't bring herself to enjoy it. Anxiety fluttered in her stomach, overriding any feelings of exhilaration or delight she'd normally have gotten from the charming penguin ride. Her hands twisted in her lap. She hadn't even taken a picture to send her daughters. 

She barely said a peep until they pulled up at their destination, and jumped visibly when Alevander spoke. "Oh! Me?" Michi felt a little silly-- of course he was talking to her. She was the one on this mission. Finding demonic presences.

... Yes. That was why they were here.

"People! Yes, questions... talking with people sounds good," the older woman said quickly, gathering her things and squeezing out of the sleigh. Instead of her usual handbag filled with various trinkets and dog sweaters, she'd brought something more practical-- a demon-hunting kit, filled with climbing equipment, holy water, stakes, and even more! 

It smelled faintly like garlic. She was a little self-conscious about it.

Looking a little alarmed as Alevander passed the driver a literal silver coin (where had he gotten that?) Michiko tried to calm her nerves with some chitchat. Being silent on the way over hadn't done anything to ease her anxiety.

"That looked valuable! Is it from abroad?" she said, hurrying after him. She thought he had an accent, but with foreigners sometimes it was difficult to tell. Remembering their mission, Michi pulled up her phone and tried to consult the briefing they'd been sent. "Um... this was sent by a Mr. Llano. It says he works at the parts store, and-- oh, I see it!" She had spotted the store on the ground-level beneath some other apartments, quite close to the main road. "Let's go ask!"

This was working. She was feeling better. 

At least until she saw the claw marks in the wooden door.

@lev

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
bitterfrost [m]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 9:15:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
not all treasures are silver and gold, love
[break][break]

Alevander bends down to take a sniff at her bag. Was that... a whiff of garlic? He pulls back and straightens in posture with an amused smile. It seemed she shared his interest for the occult. A little more than he did, really.

"That coin is only one of many," He responds, leading the way into the neighborhood as he pulls his fur-lined collar up and snug around his neck. The cold was something he'd never get used to, it seemed. But, then again, he could have dressed a bit more warmly as well. "Authentic Kalosian silver. I found it in an abandoned dragon's den."

Before long, however, they reach the aforementioned parts store and come across their first clue: scratch marks at the base of its front entrance. Alevander drops down to a crouch to inspect them, running a finger across the deep wooden gouges. Suddenly, the idea of an uneventful and easy assignment seems very unlikely. He sighs and stands up.

"I suppose we go ahead and see if Mr. Llano here will point us in the right direction, hm?" He says, examining Michiko's expression for a moment before raising his hand to knock on the door. "If you don't mind, I'll let you do most of the talking." The youth smiles, backing away as the sound of footsteps approach from behind the door.

mission: YUKI-ONNA
notes:

MADE BY MIZO