awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Tomb Raider: Act 2 [M]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 3:26:04 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Last time we left our heroes, they had just escaped the clutches of a ghoulish swarm of cofagrigus tomb guardians. While they may have been safe from that threat, they still had many challenges ahead of them. The most prominent being that they were on the bottom floor with no apparent way up. Plenty of ways forward, but no signs of stairs.

They pressed on Nevertheless, Oscar wiping his brow as he trudged down a never ending series of hallways. How far did this damn basement stretch on for? It had to be twice the size of how the ruins looked from the outside, could these halls really reach so far? Oscar found himself not wishing to dwell on the possibility that he was now trapped in an endless labyrinth from which there would never be an escape, instead turning his attention to his companion. 

Reliable had taken all of the previous events in stride, which came as a relief seeing as Oscar had little tolerance for hysterics. Still, he couldn't help but wonder if Priam was just putting on an act, after all this was a lot for a novice treasure hunter. He decided to check in, "You hanging in there Priam? I know it's been rough but I hope this experience hasn't soured your sense of adventure."

Very comforting Oscar, good job.
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 17:39:57 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam remains unfazed by the recent happenings, or at least, he acts like it doesn't affect him at all. the false smile quivers faintly at the edge of his lip, trying to empower himself with sheer optimism that they'll eventually get to a treasure room.

"i am so good! like very, very good, never-been-better good. i'm so fine i don't even need a rest. let's continue walking forward until we get to a treasure room and fight a dangerous pokemon protecting the throne."

the words come flooding out of priam as composed as his acting was. the tone conveys panic, betraying the literal meaning behind the words he spewed out.

"is this normal?" he finally asks. "you know, spending most of our time walking around instead of doing cool stuff like on the movies?"

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 19:24:36 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Priam managed to barely fool Oscar, who was so used to the man's 'happy-go-lucky' attitude that he displayed at all times. Thus, he did not see any reason to worry about him. "Ah good, for a second there I thought you were freaking out. Damn you're really taking this with stride!" Oscar's face glowed with pride, he was quite impressed by Priam totally holding everything together and not panicking.

The hall stretched on, and while Oscar was used to this sort of thing Priam made his own uncertainty known. Oscar gave some thought to his companion's inquiry before responding.

"Kinda, it really depends. Sometimes these places are fuckin' full of traps and guardians, and sometimes there's jack shit and you just walk to the treasure room. More often then not though it's a mix, like one room will have something exciting and then there will be a long break before the next exciting event."

Oscar breathed in deeply, ingesting the nostalgia of the tomb's stagnant air. "I rather enjoy these breaks, really gives me time to reflect on myself. You know, just look into that internal mirror and really scrutinize what you see. That sort of thing."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 18:12:56 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"what are you reflecting on? money?"

the words come out of his mouth all of a sudden, finally managing to find an opportunity to talk about it after the misadventures they've had since the start of their treasure hunt. if this was the lull of their trip, priam's going to make the most out of it.

"i still can't believe i didn't know you're rich until i read your name on a news article! how can you hide that to me? i could've, i dunno, asked you to treat me to multiple lunches before! have you treated me with your rich boy money before? drinks don't count because i don't like 'em!"

priam scratches his head as he takes out the frustration of missing out on possible favors on himself. as soon as he calms down and before oscar can answer, he follows it up with another statement.

"you should wear fancier shit next time so i know you're rich."

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 6:01:44 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar cocked his eyebrows at Priam, "Money? What?" What Priam meant soon became clear, his feelings bursting forth like a wild current. Oscar had to be honest, the words were slightly wounding. Oscar sighed, folding his arms as he thought on what to say. Nothing really seemed right.

"You have to understand my man, this isn't my first rodeo with wealth. I was born into it you know? But my parents didn't care for my life choices, they took especial issue with me stealing their shit to sell for more money. Even when I had as much as I could want, couldn't have enough. So they cut me off, and I had to claw my way back into my inheritance. Shit wasn't easy. I basically had to rewrite my entire personality."

Oscar's tone turned a bit more serious, as he began to actually reflect on how his year had turned out. "I mean, I suppose I just don't wanna turn back into the person I was before I was cut off. I ain't no saint or anything but damn I was a real fucker back in the day. I don't want the money to change me."

Oscar didn't like these feelings, they felt wrong to display in front of Priam. He scoffed, trying to dismiss the thickened air, and slapped Priam on the back. "Tell ya what though as soon as we're out of here dinner's on me! It's the least I can do!"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2021 13:51:08 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
with nothing else to distract him, everything oscar says gets drilled in priam's head. the moment he feels a force on his back and the mention of free dinner rings in his ears, however, priam hones in on that single promise, almost foregoing everything else that was mentioned earlier.

"really? hell yeah!"

his mouth opened to suggest the fanciest place he could think of, though nothing comes to mind at that very moment besides fast food establishments. he closes it again, waits for a second, before speaking out his mind without regard of the consequences of his words.

"you know, people don't usually talk much about their life to me. this feels different... it's like, i'm ascending or something, like i'm a full-fledged, reliable adult!" he puffs his chest, feeling proud of such achievement. "i like new oscar if the old oscar's different."

there's a second of lull once more, where priam's unable to find something to say. eventually, he just gets something out for the sake of talking, followed with an awkward chuckle.

"i'd share my life story too, but that's something you can learn just from asking any old school kanto rocket. but ask me anything too! it feels kinda unfair that you're the only one who gets to say things like that."

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2021 23:46:31 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar nearly blushed, "Well um good. New Oscar isn't going anywhere." Oscar listened patiently for Priam to get through everything he wanted to, smiling at his walking companion as he suggested asking questions. 

Oscar shook his head, "You don't need to share anything. It should come organically, y'know? Especially if it's hard to talk about." Oscar rested his arms behind his head, stretching to get some kinks out of his shoulders. He gave Priam a sideways look, smiling coyly as a question came to mind.

"I suppose if I were to ask anything I'd want to know how you ended up in--our line of work. You seem like a talented guy, why choose this lifestyle?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2021 18:48:58 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
an awkward smile comes up as he hears unwarranted praise from oscar, forcing himself to appear proud as he crosses his arms and shifting his gaze somewhere else. "a-aw, shucks! you don't have to flatter me by calling me talented," he flusters over before recovering.

"oh, yeah! you didn't know that i had no say on this before!" he clasps his hands before pointing a finger at oscar. "long story short, i was collateral, they didn't get the ransom for me, rocket took me in, i stayed and then... well, i don't have anywhere else to go so here i am."

everything in between kanto and hoenn was a blur. trying to mention everything wouldn't make sense, given that he's not in control of his life for the most of it. eventually, he realizes how bad it might sound that he was only being forced to stay. priam decides to panic and needlessly defend his point.

"d-don't get the wrong idea! it's not like i don't like being in rocket anyways!"

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2021 21:42:47 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar didn't say it out loud, but what Priam told him was kinda fucked up. He couldn't imagine the trauma that event would have caused him. Was it that his family couldn't afford the ransom or that they didn't want to pay? Oscar did not want to know the answer, both were equally tragic and he would feel even more awkward. See this is why he never tries to learn anyone's backstory.

He wanted to be a supportive friend though, and wore the poker face to beat all poker faces. He even gave a Priam a smile, "That was a big step, telling me that story must have been hard. I for one am really glad you're with us, Rocket wouldn't be the same without you." Oscar put his hands in his pockets as he looked forward, "You know, I joined Rocket because--"

Oscar was saved from having to give his origin story by a strange shape appearing in the distance. Oscar squinted, laughing as he realized what he was seeing, "Holy shit, I think that's a door!" Oscar ran forward, waving for his party to follow. Sure enough, a large stone door stood a few feet in front of them. Oscar quickly ran to one side and began to pull, "Come on gang let's get the fuck out of this hallway!"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,335 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 17:19:41 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"well, not really. there's people who got it worse than--"

he tries to get a word in for his situation, unable to like the feeling of pity, though he is cut by oscar shifting the topic to something else. as erratic as his attention span is, priam quickly forgets his aim when he follows the direction oscar was looking at.

"are we finally done with this place?!" he asks, hype present in his tone. "we're off!"

he takes one glance back to the direction they came from, saluting at the darkness and giving them a quick goodbye "sayonara ghosties!" as soon as the words come out of his mouth, priam sprints away, trying to quickly get away from the cursed ruins.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,789 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 4:55:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: