Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
The past holds onto some better than you know
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 6:02:14 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open Sans Condensed:300,700]

[newclass=".punkiwof"]width: 500px; padding-bottom: 38px; margin: auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofmainbg"]background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwoflarge"]height: 300px; background: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/219/179876/posttemplate.png'); background-size: 500px 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofavvie"]float: left; height: 120px; width: 120px; border: 20px solid #343434; border-radius: 50%; margin-left: -50px; margin-top: -100px; background: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/219/179878/billi%20av.png'); background-size: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwoflargeinner"]height: 248px; border: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,0.5); background-position: -51px -51px; position: relative; z-index: 1; box-shadow: 0px 0px 3px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofslant"]width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 50px solid transparent; border-right: 500px solid #212121; margin-top: -50px; margin-left: -50px; position: relative; z-index: 2;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofmain"]margin: 0 76px; margin-top: -120px; position: relative; z-index: 3; min-height: 300px; padding: 20px; background: #343434; border: 1px solid #e2e2e2; font-family: verdana; color: #9A8A8A; font-size: 10px; line-height: 15px; text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofavvie div"]width: 114px; height: 114px; border: 6px solid #A68D8D; border-left-color: transparent; border-right-color: transparent; border-radius: 50%; position: relative; top: -3px; left: -3px; transform: rotate(45deg); transition: 0.75s;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwof:hover .punkiwofavvie div"]transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwoflyrics"]float: right; margin-top: 13px; width: 270px; padding: 25px 0; line-height: 25px; font-size: 25px; color: #f2f2f2; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed'; text-align: center; word-spacing: -1px; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0px 0px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.6);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwoflyrics div"]width: 167px; height: 1px; background: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); margin: auto; margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofwordcount"]display: inline-block; margin-top: -10px; margin-right: -10px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #9A8A8A; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 5px; border-right: 1px solid #e2e2e2; margin-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofextra"]line-height: 12px; padding: 5px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #9A8A8A; margin: 0 101px; margin-top: 16px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofleft"]width: 50px; height: 50px; border-left: 1px solid #e2e2e2; border-bottom: 1px solid #e2e2e2; float: left; margin-left: 50px; margin-top: -24px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofright"]width: 50px; height: 50px; border-right: 1px solid #e2e2e2; border-bottom: 1px solid #e2e2e2; float: right; margin-right: 50px; margin-top: -24px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; line-height: 20px; text-align: right; font-family: calibri; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #a4a4a4;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofcredit a"]font-size: inherit; font-family: inherit; color: #A68585; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[attr=class,punkiwof punkiwofmainbg]
[attr=class,punkiwoflarge]
[attr=class,punkiwoflarge punkiwoflargeinner]
[attr=class,punkiwoflyrics]

Looking for a cure

for a callous heart

[attr=class,punkiwofslant]
[attr=class,punkiwofmain]
[attr=class,punkiwofavvie]

[attr=class,punkiwofwordcount]Pick Ur Pokemon

Billi stared at the man, taking in his words, but the emotions seemed misplacing his own. Normally Razzberry never shifted into his mother, or anyone else, so that meant Razzberry had the okay from someone to do this, because it normally behaved. “oh…” Billi put his feelings on the back burner, “I honestly...didn’t even know what it was...so she hid it well,” he mentioned, “she didn’t want anyone to worry about her, but at the same time she was the leader against gangs in spikemouth,”[break][break]

“It’s okay!” he reassured the man and moved towards him, “she didn’t mean to abandon you,” he stated, “She loved….a lot and she said she had to separate herself from others to keep them safe…” which was true in one of the videos.

[attr=class,punkiwofleft]
[attr=class,punkiwofright]
[attr=class,punkiwofextra]
[attr=class,punkiwofcredit]by punki

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 6:28:30 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"She was skilled at many things...hiding things from other people was one of them. At least though she had good intentions with that skill." Skids replied, leaning against the wall of the building.

Abandon him? That wasn't what he meant for his words to sound like he thought...he just thought that...oh who was he kidding. His mind was all frazzled because of his own demons that he tried to hide away. After all, he was the one who...missed two old friends a great deal but couldn't even remember their graves, nor did he even visit in the whole time he'd been gone. Course, all his money that he could spare did go to paying back all that property damage. Sinking slowly, Skids took to sitting on the ground. This day already felt horribly exhausting...and not in a good way. He'd be fine if he was tired just from working at something, exploring, or training his team up. Not...not this kind of exhausting.

"Well I'm happy to hear that he at least got to raise you, truth be told...I never thought she'd want to have a family. She was much more wilder than I, it didn't seem like something she'd want but time does change people." Skids replied. "Though probably for both of our sakes, we should change the conversation. I don't want to drag your mood down, she means a great deal to you."

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 4:52:52 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=".punkiwof"]width: 500px; padding-bottom: 38px; margin: auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwoflarge"]height: 300px; background: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/219/179876/posttemplate.png'); background-size: 500px 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofavvie"]float: left; height: 120px; width: 120px; border: 20px solid #343434; border-radius: 50%; margin-left: -50px; margin-top: -100px; background: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/219/179878/billi%20av.png'); background-size: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwoflargeinner"]height: 248px; border: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,0.5); background-position: -51px -51px; position: relative; z-index: 1; box-shadow: 0px 0px 3px 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.4);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofslant"]width: 0; height: 0; border-top: 50px solid transparent; border-right: 500px solid #212121; margin-top: -50px; margin-left: -50px; position: relative; z-index: 2;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofmain"]margin: 0 76px; margin-top: -120px; position: relative; z-index: 3; min-height: 300px; padding: 20px; background: #343434; border: 1px solid #e2e2e2; font-family: verdana; color: #9A8A8A; font-size: 10px; line-height: 15px; text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofavvie div"]width: 114px; height: 114px; border: 6px solid #A68D8D; border-left-color: transparent; border-right-color: transparent; border-radius: 50%; position: relative; top: -3px; left: -3px; transform: rotate(45deg); transition: 0.75s;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwof:hover .punkiwofavvie div"]transform: rotate(-45deg);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwoflyrics"]float: right; margin-top: 13px; width: 270px; padding: 25px 0; line-height: 25px; font-size: 25px; color: #f2f2f2; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: 'Open Sans Condensed'; text-align: center; word-spacing: -1px; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0px 0px 4px rgba(0,0,0,0.6);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwoflyrics div"]width: 167px; height: 1px; background: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); margin: auto; margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofwordcount"]display: inline-block; margin-top: -10px; margin-right: -10px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #9A8A8A; text-transform: uppercase; padding: 5px; border-right: 1px solid #e2e2e2; margin-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofextra"]line-height: 12px; padding: 5px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #9A8A8A; margin: 0 101px; margin-top: 16px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofleft"]width: 50px; height: 50px; border-left: 1px solid #e2e2e2; border-bottom: 1px solid #e2e2e2; float: left; margin-left: 50px; margin-top: -24px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofright"]width: 50px; height: 50px; border-right: 1px solid #e2e2e2; border-bottom: 1px solid #e2e2e2; float: right; margin-right: 50px; margin-top: -24px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; line-height: 20px; text-align: right; font-family: calibri; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #a4a4a4;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkiwofcredit a"]font-size: inherit; font-family: inherit; color: #A68585; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

Looking for a cure

for a callous heart

Billi was terrible at words most of the time, but he understood the others feelings. “oh...yeah I don’t know much about why she wanted a family,” he paused thinking deeply for a moment, taking a deep breath. “I think me and my sister were a mistake,” the blonde seemed solemn, “But she still loved us lots!” he nodded happily.[break][break]

“so who are you here visiting,” he changed the topic to try and revisit the previous subject matter. “I can see a tombstone for some pokemon?” he deducted from the obvious location the man was standing in. “i’m assuming you lost a pokemon,” which seemed fair because the man was...well old enough to be his father.

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 6:35:49 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"What? No no no!" Skids responded as he looked to Billi, putting a hand on their shoulder. "Having children isn't a mistake. It may not be in the plan for some people yet they have kids, and yet that doesn't make any child a mistake. You said your mother loved you and I'm certain she did, she left you videos and memories thanks to Razzberry, those will never fade like a normal video top, they'll remain forever. She treasured you and I'm positive she did the same for your sister, there was no mistake in Hermonie having the two of you."

Skids spoke with his normal high energy, and he had a kindness in it. But he was serious, he meant his words and he even gave a encouraging smile to the young man beside him. Skids doubted that Hermonie would ever regret having her two children...two...man. Did he just forget any mention of a daughter? If he did then that made him feel a bit stupid. That enthusiasm and smile faltered slightly at the question.

"huh...." Skids muttered as he pulled his hand off the young man.

Oh he heard the question the first time, there was no confusion over it. So when Billie added onto it, Skids glanced away. The smile gone and his energy level just depleted it seemed. His brows twitched and narrowed slightly as he hunched his shoulders slightly. Leaning more into the building's wall, he seemed to try and disappear into himself; but that coat of his even with it's fluffy neckline, wasn't enough to help him just disappear.

"Two really.....really old friends...." Skids answered, his voice was low and already his voice was shaky. "If you're...okay with it....Razzberry can...show you...I still had them for many...interactions with your mother.."

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 4:35:18 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar
[nospaces]

Looking for a cure

for a callous heart

Billi shook his head, it wasn’t that he thought he was a burden because that was never the case! Billi didn’t think that and he loved his mother, and she never regretted her choice to be a mother. That Billi knew, but the blonde felt that the man loved him to some degree. Or at least a memory of love or friendliness. “ha thanks!” he grinned before shaking his head once more.[break][break]

“No I won’t do that! Those moments arent fro me ya know! And clearly you’re the one who has the right to them! And uhh,” gave a meek, dorky smile, “I don’t know how to get rotom to do it. He’s under like...password lock. Where he only shows things based on the directions of my mother. So she must have ordered Razzberry to do it if he ever met you again!”

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 5:04:32 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
Skids smiled, happy to see that the young man didn't look upset by his words. Skids was a very friendly soul, he cared about other people and always wanted them to be happy. Yes that wasn't a logical thing to always be happy. So if he could at least cheer someone up for a short amount of time...he'd be happy. Sadly his smile still faltered swiftly as he sat there.

"The two...old friends wouldn't be in a special video....they'd be a memory if...anything..." Skids answered.

It was so hard to talk about this, his chest was hurting again and all his heart wanted to do was stop beating. Deep breathe..he had to take a deeper breathe in. A password? Well he didn't know what that would be then..

"Alright...you're a gym leader right? Do you know if here's a back log for elite four matches and if they would even record such a thing back then? I know it....would've been broadcasted live back in the day so...." Skids started, his face showing a great deal of confliction and discomfort. "Phones now a days can show...video right? Through the internet and all that? I"m old I know."

The last part was a attempt of humor but due to his current mindset, he didn't smile nor did it sound funny.

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 5:17:54 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar
[nospaces]

Looking for a cure

for a callous heart

“hahahaah I don’t know how to do that!” he laughed a bit, humoring the man some. “I’m a new gym leader, I don’t know nothing man! They kinda let me figure it out,” he then passed the man his phone, which Rotom was inside and it popped up. “PZZTT Hi!” it spoke through the phone, with a small waving video. “PPPZZZZZ friend! You...need psszzttttt?! video?” it asked the adult.[break][break]

“You can’t be that old?” he asked the man, and laughed kindly. “Surely you know how to use the internet!” he mentioned as Rotomphone opened the internet, “psszzttt did you want to google something?”

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 5:57:12 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"Ah....it's okay. It was just the first thing that popped into my head." Skids answered.

Accepting the phone, Skids glanced down to it. Looking at Rotom as they asked the question on if they needed something. How would he even go about finding it? The video was probably like...twenty years old or so.

"Yes but...I'm not even sure what it would be called..." Skids answered the pokemon. "Well...the video is probably twenty or so years old so...yeah I'm old."

A slightly stronger smile was on his face with his response to Billi. Once more, it was due to the younger man smiling and even that light laugh they had. Seeing the pokemon bring up the internet was...a interesting surprise. Man it was probably cringy that he was surprised by this.

"I have the basics down, granted I just...like to live outside of a phone. No offense meant Razzberry." Skids answered, making sure to address the pokemon. "Alright.... I suppose....the first way to phrase it is...Elite four match from twenty or more years ago?"

Finding the right video took...quite a while. Skids didn't want to give away the entire thing to Billi before finding.Was this the right way to do it? Probably not, but he couldn't bare to bring himself to say those words. Eventually, they found the right video. The video quality could for sure use a upgrade but it was still visible and you could make the entire thing out. A deep breathe left Skids as he offered the phone back with the video brought up. It was already partially loaded and skipped to the mid way point.

"It's at the...right part...or at least near enough to it..." Skids said. "I'm surprised this thing is even on the internet...."

If Billi clicked play, he'd be greeted by the a possibly retired; in this current age, Announcer. Their voice full of energy as he announced the next round and the camera panned to show a young man with dark brown hair, the same turquoise eyes that Skids sported. They had a slightly different get up, still consisting of browns and green but in different ways. Even back then, the announcer broadcasted him to the returning crowd as Skids Lawrence. Making the obvious connection between this video to the man next to him. The first few 'minutes' of the fight were fine, until a Blaziken was brought out. It already looked hurt.

For Skids, he could hear himself questioning the pokemon if they were sure they could handle the fight. The video would show the Blaziken giving a thumbs up to it's young trainer. Not a minute into the blaziken being out and actively in the battle...it all went downhill...the move from the enemy pokemon had done more damage than it should've, causing the hoeenn starter to be slammed into the arena walls. SKids visibly winced as the microphone attached to his younger voice picked it up.

"BLIIITZZZZ!!!" the younger voice screamed in the video.

"Folks we're gonna have to take a unscheduled break as the battle has just taken a very serious turn..." The announcer was saying as the camera followed the young man as they rushed onto the icy terrain, slipping even as they were more focused on reaching their injured pokemon as it slumped to the ground.

"Blitz?!! BLItz?!!" the younger skids yelled, their voice could be heard as the screen went black and the announcer tried to talk over them as they couldn't remotely turn of the young trainer's mic.

With Skids sitting there next to Billi, Skids shrank in on himself. Burying his face into his knees and putting his fingers into his silver hair. Digging his nails into the scalp of his head as he sat there, shaking...tears flooding his eyes as he could only see the brown color his pants and even then he closed his eyes. All that did was make him see the entire scene on it's own. The orange, creamish, and yellow feathers stained red and they were disturbed as some of the League officals tried to pull him away from the injuried pokemon. All his ears allowed him to hear was his childish sobbing, the memory of it all. For Billi, Skids was quiet as he sat there.

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 6:14:08 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar
[nospaces]

Looking for a cure

for a callous heart

The video played on, the horrific event, seemed desensitized to Billi already! It wasn’t to cheapen the man's feelings, but Billi had been through his own hardships that nearly matched the mans. So did he cry, did he sob over this...no. Did he empathize with the man? Sure did. His heart was weighed down on, but he could only assume after this event more laws were put in place for battles to prevent this from happening. “Oh…...that...ss hard,”[break][break]

Moving towards the man, he rubbed his shoulder, giving a comforting touch, the warm, aura from his body trying to support the man. “I get it….” he gulped some. “I’ve...seen people on hooks……..i’ve seen people crushed like pop cans,” he nodded holding back his terror from the memory, “I still shake,” mentioning his fear, “And I can’t eat meat any more...I get sick, deadly sick from it.”

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 6:30:16 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"He trusted me.....just how Jokester trusted me and they both ended up dead!!" Skids's muffled voice could be heard as he tried to curl in on himself more but he couldn't. "I couldn't...I couldn't buy anymore potions or revivies, nothing!! Earning money really only came from doing battles against trainers and it wasn't always much, even more so when you had to go through all the gyms and then four rounds of....bullshit themed hell.."

Skids pulled his head up, not looking at Billi as he shuddered. His hands were still firmly against his head as he shook.

"He wasn't up for it.....he was already hurt form the last fight, nothing was going to heal...nothing was going to fix him up....it was the stupid ice challenge..." Skids added. "I should....I should've...just...forfeited instead of going through to that round..."

For all the happy and high energy Skids had before, it was all gone. The problem with Skids is when his own problems arise, it's hard for him to ignore them. If they become a subject of conversation, it's near impossible. His mind was just swept up in the past at the moment. So calming him down was probably the best bet.

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 5:24:19 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar
[nospaces]

Looking for a cure

for a callous heart

The emotional distress the man had, wasn’t something Billi could comfort. There was something deeper he didn’t know and didn’t understand. Even if he tried he knew that somewhere, it’d be lost, so the best thing to do was sit beside the older man and rub his back, “it’s okay” he grinned until rotom popped out again. “PZZZTTTTRRTTT Access Granteeddzzzzzt” it buzzed out.[break][break]

As the image of the rotom shifted to a video, “Hello Skids,” the women before him, an adult woman, clearly later in her life, though looking frail as the disease took hold of her. Her leather jacket clinging to her body. “Soo much to fill you in on, but I can assume if you’re watching this, this meant you met my son, Billi,” Billi closely watched. “and that you’re….crying again..hahhaa” she laughed in humorous. “I’m not there to comfort you, and haven’t been, so I’m sorry friend……...but in my later years I can honestly say…” he grinned and huffed sadly, “That loss has followed us for years…..but as my time is coming….I can’t help but think, this crying, and anxiety is not worth it at our age,” [break][break]

The women crossed her legs in the opposite direction. “ you love a lot….and more than most people, a trait you, my son and me all share you know….and it makes loss hard. But accepting it helps mends the wounds, and scars always stay, it’s just showing them with wisdom and depth.,” she laughed and crossed her arms, letting her eyes avert from the rotom for a split second.[break][break]

The glass of alcohol in her left hand accenting the glaze in her eye. “He…..just needs a god father...as does my daughter, because I don’t have much time left……. Maybe a couple of months at most…. And they’ll need someone to take care of them, and continue to show that there’s more than agony….and disappointment. “ blue eyes looked down at her lap, “And what it’s like it have a positive guy in their life, cuz all they got is me….and you’re my closest friend i’ve had….so….i’m sorry I haven’t gotten in contact with you.”[break][break]

Turning her head, almost paranoid, “I got to keep...them away from someone...and spikemouth is the safest right now,”

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 21:29:40 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"How's it okay?! They....I couldn't..." Skids stammered, his words getting jumbled as his mind was just dragged into a darker spot.

As their trainer, you're meant to keep them alive, safe, and happy...you tend to their needs just like your own. Yes they will always be more powerful than a human, but pokemon were living things. He was suppose to protect them, he wanted to protect them...and he couldn't. The Rotom's words were hard to hear, the fuzzy static sound with them barely registered as he just fell deeper into his own mental abyss. That's when a different but familiar voice reached him.

"Hermonie....." Skids muttered, taking in how frail she looked.

It was a startling contrast to the woman he knew, the strong and vibrant woman. Wild like the mightyena's that thrived here, untamed in her own ways. It didn't stop the tears that rolled down his face. How could he never come back and visit? Not just his pokemon but his own friends? What happened to everyone else? All the people he met....were they even around? And now...now he couldn't ever make it up to her...a shaky smile showed on his face as he saw she could still smile.

"Got better at....hiding it at least..." Skids replied; knowing full well she wouldn't respond to him but at the same time, he couldn't help but comment back in regards to his own tears.

He had gotten better at forcing it down, thinking about other things. Focusing on helping his nephew grow up to the person they wanted to be...other things kept happening so he didn't think about it much. When he lost Jokester, it hurt greatly. The first wild pokemon he caught, that he raised...and had so many adventures with...and he lost them because someone was vinditive asshole. He almost recovered; in his mind. But then the elite four challenge came and he lost his starter, his first pokemon..the one that he got to pick from the punch and put so much thought into. Blitz and JOkester were close, and losing them both tore him apart.

His shaky smile faded as he sat there, listening to her words. Get over it....how? He tried to not think about the past, the event...how was he suppose to make amends for it? It was so hard to just keep his thoughts together when it came to it. A slow exhale left him, raising a hand and pushing it against his eyes. Trying to fight back the tears while still trying to focus on Hermonie's words. He pulled his hand away, looking up at her as she sat there. Course, he was surprised to hear the words that she said.

"God...father?" Skids asks, rather surprised by that news.

Sure he took care of his nephew but Billie here was old enough to take care of himself. If this was something she wanted did...did she just not have time to tell him? To send a letter? It's possible given how she looked and since he didn't know her illness, he couldn't rule it out as a factor. Though he tilted his head as he watched her look almost...paranoid? His tears stopped somewhat but his brows narrowed slightly.

"Who could make you afraid....?" Skids questioned quietly.

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 2:17:08 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar
[nospaces]

Looking for a cure

for a callous heart

The blonde noticed the confusion on the man's face, and stared at him, trying to think of how to make him understand his question, “She died over five years ago, so this would have been recorded before then,” he nodded but to was involved in this. Suddenly the video cut off with a smash, a familiar voice that SKIDS would remember, and particularly hating. “ So I guess my mom knew you,” he then stopped to think more.[break][break]

“I think she meant…..life is short. You’ve given it enough time, and it’s part of you. So like move on and accept it. And know it was their choice or something,” he nodded, “Or you know just...dont live depressed, it won’t make you feel any better just dwelling on it...and dying with regrets is something that would haunt you in the after life.”

close tab

played by

readlliea

Skids, Uncle
he/him
June 7
Fallabar Town
straight
unemployed at the moment
cadet
n/a
single
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skids
Skids Lawrence
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 2:29:22 GMT
Skids Lawrence Avatar
"Five years...." Skids remarked, surprised at the time that had passed. "It's alright to doubt things like that, she was a good woman."

Skids would've listened to Billie but then...a voice...followed by a smash. That voice. Skids was up on his feet on reflex.

"Razzberry! Play that sound again, right after the smash, can you do that for me?" Skids requested of the pokemon.

It couldn't be...and yet he knew that voice, he knew far too well for his liking. What was the word he was saying though when the camera's feed ended? What did they exactly say? If Razzberry was able to reply that sound, Skids would focus on it. Straining his ears and mind to try and figure out the voice. Sadly this meant that he was ignoring the good advice that Billi was trying to help his mother give him.

close tab

played by

Window

Billi
He/Him
Twenty-One
August 29th
Spikemouth, Galar
Gay
Journalist
Ex-Gym Leader
@oscar
Falling Hard
263 height
263 height
awards
618 posts
Billi Marsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @billi
Billi Marsh
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 23:34:30 GMT
Billi Marsh Avatar
[nospaces]

Looking for a cure

for a callous heart

When people were frantic, and in a crazy state of mind, there wasn’t something he could do. All he could do was sit there and list. Even if the voice on the recording set him off. “Pzzt?” the rotom rewound the audio and slow it down some, “hmm?” Billi listened closely and it appeared to be a sound of danger almost, as the cry of her pokemon was in the background before she returned. “Razzberry. Go. Home. Now.” a whisper from Billis mother before the recording ended again.