Vivid Festivities (BB)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Vivid Festivities (BB)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 4:11:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,400i,700]

[newclass=.vagrantPost]--vagrantAccent:#fd5e53;[/newclass]

[attr="class","vagrantPost"]
[attr="class","vagrantHeader"]

[attr="class","vagrantBody"]

[break]

The festivals in Hoenn were different than the ones he'd been to in Galar. Not that he'd gone to too many there either. No, he'd been far to be busy studying most the time. Not being able to enjoy these types of things was a downsides of being born into his position. A fact that Marcellus had long since come to terms with. The responsibility was something he embraced - even if his father rather he not.[break][break]

Still, amid the brilliant lights, delicious aroma of food, and the cheerful cries of those around him. It was hard for Marcellus not to wish he'd spent more time enjoying himself. The teen frowned at the thought, "What am I thinking?" he muttered. This was exactly what his father was hoping for. That he'd get distracted and forget all about whatever game he was trying to play.[break][break]

His frown deepened and he leaned back against the bench he was sitting on. Galahad, his Furfrou, was sprawled across his lap with his eyes closed. Marcellus petted the Pokemon thoughtfully.[break][break]

"I'm stumped Galahad. We've met with Alethea but there's more to being here than just her. There has to be." what was he missing? It had to be something small, something right in front of his face that he just couldn't see.

[attr="class","vagrantNotes"]

long-time no see

[attr="class","vagrantCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.vagrantPost] width:500px; background-color:#f7f7f7; border-radius:5px; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantHeader] height:130px; overflow:hidden; background-color:var(--vagrantAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantHeader img] height:150px; width:150px; border-radius:100%; margin-top:-61px; padding:50px; background-color:rgba(255,255,255,.25); border:1px solid #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantBody div:nth-child(1)] text-align:justify; font:400 12px roboto; color:#7a7a7a; border-left:1px solid #ddd; border-right:1px solid #ddd; margin:50px 50px 25px 50px; padding:0px 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantBody b] color:var(--vagrantAccent); font:700 12px roboto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantBody i] border-bottom:1px dashed var(--vagrantAccent); color:#aaa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantNotes] padding:0px 50px 50px 50px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:space-between; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantNotes div:nth-child(1)] margin:0px; flex-grow:1; overflow:hidden; padding:0px 10px; border:0px; color:#aaa; font:400 11px roboto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantNotes a] font:700 11px roboto!important; display:inline-block; text-transform:uppercase; background-color:#ccc; background-color:var(--vagrantAccent); color:#fafafa!important; padding:5px 10px; margin-left:10px; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantCredit] font:700 7px roboto; margin-left:425px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantCredit a] font:700 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
mirror, mirror on the wall
45 height
45 height
IN THE PALACE OF VERSAILLES, BEFORE THE FALL
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
arthur finnian vanderbilt
Vivid Festivities (BB)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 4:34:50 GMT
arthur finnian vanderbilt Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=.vagrantsPost]--vagrantsAccent:#69eefe;[/newclass]

[attr="class","vagrantsPost"]

[attr="class","vagrantsHeader"]

[attr="class","vagrantsBody"]

The festivals in Hoenn were nothing like the ones in Galar, but the point of being on a vacation was to explore the unexpected. Or at least, that's what the Circhester prince thought as he walked through the streets of Lilycove, bubble tea beverage in hand. He had never had the drink before and he thought it was delicious, which was what he was texting to his sisters Lily and Nessa. Or well Lily, and through her, Nessa. At 13, Nessa still wasn't great at texting. At 17, however, Lily was a pro.

[break][break] Not really looking where he was going, Artie walked around the city plaza, scrolling through Instagram and seeing how many likes that he had gotten for his bubble tea photo. There were a couple of girls who sent him :heart_eyes: emojis and a few others that sent him :fire: emojis, so he liked their comments. Of course, there were a couple of missed phone calls from Mother, Father, and what he could only presume was the Butler's burner phone.

[break][break] In fact, the 20-year old was so busy not looking where he was walking that it was a surprise that he hadn't bumped into anyone — yet. At that exact moment, his shoulder bumped into what was @marcellus . At first, the expression on the Vanderbilt heir's face was annoyed at best - what civilian dared bumped into him - but his face brightened upon recognizing that all-too-familiar lock of red hair and grump-puss face.

[break][break] "Marcie!" he said in greeting, opening his arms in an attempt to catch the younger boy in an embrace.

[attr="class","vagrantsNotes"]

teehee

@marcellus

[attr="class","vagrantsCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.vagrantsIcon]filter:grayscale(10%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsPost] width:500px; background-color:#1c1b1b; color:#eee; border-radius:5px; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsHeader] height:130px; overflow:hidden; background-color:var(--vagrantsAccent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsHeader img] height:150px; width:150px; border-radius:100%; margin-top:-61px; padding:50px; background-color:rgba(255,255,255,.25); border:1px solid #fafafa; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsBody div:nth-child(1)] text-align:justify; font:400 12px roboto; color:#ccc; border-left:1px solid #ddd; border-right:1px solid #ddd; margin:50px 50px 25px 50px; padding:0px 25px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsBody b] color:var(--vagrantsAccent); font:700 12px roboto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsBody i] border-bottom:1px dashed var(--vagrantsAccent); color:#aaa; line-height:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsNotes] padding:0px 50px 50px 50px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:space-between; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsNotes div:nth-child(1)] margin:0px; flex-grow:1; overflow:hidden; padding:0px 10px; border:0px; color:#aaa; font:400 11px roboto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsNotes a] font:700 11px roboto!important; display:inline-block; text-transform:uppercase; background-color:#ccc; background-color:var(--vagrantsAccent); color:#fafafa!important; padding:5px 10px; margin-left:10px; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsCredit] font:700 7px roboto; margin-left:425px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsCredit a] font:700 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Vivid Festivities (BB)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 7:35:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

Leaving the bench he'd been so comfortably sitting in behind. Marcellus ventured into the more bustling sections of Lilycove, Galahad trailing loyally behind him. The young noble lacked a destination, but he took in the sights as he walked. A myriad of activities lined the city's street. Ring toss games, Magikarp fishing, Wack-a-Diglett, and they all looked fun.[break][break]

They had to be more fun than the nothing he was doing now at least[break][break]

The temptation to abandon his quest, if only for a moment, was strong. He felt his fingers clench as he toyed with the idea further. If not for the untimely bump against his shoulder, he might have actually gone through with it. His brow furrowed as he turned to address the one who had so rudely bumped into him. His mouth was already half-open to chastise the stranger when he realized who it was.[break][break]

Marcellus's visibly tensed at the nickname,"You." he said with slanted eyes. The teen stepped backward, dodging the attempted embrace. "I thought I told you not to call me that childish nickname." he'd never been fond of it. It was like nails on a chalkboard to him.[break][break]

He cleared this throat and straightened his posture. The sudden need to act more like the noble he was more prevalent now than before. "What are you doing here in Hoenn Arthur? Don't you have duties in Galar that you should be attending too?" he inquired, watching him closely in case he tried for another hug.

da boy is upsettie

[newclass=.vagrantPost] width:500px; background-color:#f7f7f7; border-radius:5px; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantHeader] height:130px; overflow:hidden; background-color:var(--vagrantAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantHeader img] height:150px; width:150px; border-radius:100%; margin-top:-61px; padding:50px; background-color:rgba(255,255,255,.25); border:1px solid #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantBody div:nth-child(1)] text-align:justify; font:400 12px roboto; color:#7a7a7a; border-left:1px solid #ddd; border-right:1px solid #ddd; margin:50px 50px 25px 50px; padding:0px 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantBody b] color:var(--vagrantAccent); font:700 12px roboto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantNotes] padding:0px 50px 50px 50px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:space-between; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantNotes div:nth-child(1)] margin:0px; flex-grow:1; overflow:hidden; padding:0px 10px; border:0px; color:#aaa; font:400 11px roboto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.vagrantNotes a] font:700 11px roboto!important; display:inline-block; text-transform:uppercase; background-color:#ccc; background-color:var(--vagrantAccent); color:#fafafa!important; padding:5px 10px; margin-left:10px; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
Vivid Festivities (BB)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 7:53:42 GMT
[nospaces]

His arms clutched at open air as @marcellus deftly dodged his attempt at a hug, nearly making him drop his precious bubble tea. "Oops," he said hastily, rolling easily on the balls of his feet to catch himself before he fell. He sipped at his drink cheerfully, chewing on the tapioca balls. Tasty.

[break][break] The Circhester Prince looked at the other Galarian noble, and despite the fact that the redhead seemed less than pleased to see him, the easygoing expression on his face never faltered. A laughter bubbled to his lips at the resentment for the childhood nickname -- it wasn't that Artie didn't know that Marcellus preferred to be called his given name. It was just that he chose to ignore it.

[break][break] However, at his name, Artie's nose wrinkled with distaste and his eyes narrowed slightly. "And I thought I told you not to call me that," he said with a huff. "It's Artie. Arthur's my dad. You know that." It looked like the two - as per usual, given their antics - had reached an impasse. The blond waved his hand in the air, a physical representation of wasting away that topic of conversation which, honestly, had no interest to him. In addition to Marcie's inquiries about what he was doing here.

[break][break] Artie was good at avoiding things. Including - no, especially his responsibilities.

[break][break] "Same thing you're doing," he said cheekily. "Enjoying the festival." He stepped forward, his long legs allowing him to invade Marcie's personal space in a single stride and - instead of hugging him again - pressed his bubble tea straw to the boy's lower lip. "Want a sip? It's tasty."

teehee

@marcellus

[newclass=.vagrantsPost] width:500px; background-color:#1c1b1b; color:#eee; border-radius:5px; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsHeader] height:130px; overflow:hidden; background-color:var(--vagrantsAccent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsHeader img] height:150px; width:150px; border-radius:100%; margin-top:-61px; padding:50px; background-color:rgba(255,255,255,.25); border:1px solid #fafafa; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsBody div:nth-child(1)] text-align:justify; font:400 12px roboto; color:#ccc; border-left:1px solid #ddd; border-right:1px solid #ddd; margin:50px 50px 25px 50px; padding:0px 25px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsBody b] color:var(--vagrantsAccent); font:700 12px roboto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsBody i] border-bottom:1px dashed var(--vagrantsAccent); color:#aaa; line-height:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsNotes] padding:0px 50px 50px 50px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:space-between; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsNotes div:nth-child(1)] margin:0px; flex-grow:1; overflow:hidden; padding:0px 10px; border:0px; color:#aaa; font:400 11px roboto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.vagrantsNotes a] font:700 11px roboto!important; display:inline-block; text-transform:uppercase; background-color:#ccc; background-color:var(--vagrantsAccent); color:#fafafa!important; padding:5px 10px; margin-left:10px; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Vivid Festivities (BB)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2021 8:37:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

If it had been possible for Marcellus to frown more than he already was, he would have. The other noble's nonchalant air was more than he could handle sometimes. He stomached it, however, like he always did. Admittedly, despite the childish nickname Artie insisted on calling Marcellus. It felt like he was the only one in Galar who treated him like an adult sometimes. Exactly why that was, he didn't know.[break][break]

Marcellus flinched when Artie stepped closer. He'd been ready to dodge another hug but was instead met with a straw against his lips. It was equally unamusing, something his tightly furrowed made quite clear. He still took a sip, however, wrapping his lips around the straw. He inhaled deeply, mouth-filling with a mixture of boba and tea as he spitefully drained a significant portion of the drink.[break][break]

He'd been a bit too overzealous, however. Almost choking as he attempted to swallow - he managed, but it was a bit embarrassing nonetheless. Marcellus wiped his mouth dry, "I'm not here for the festival." he admitted, coughing.[break][break]

"I've been exiled, shipped off to Hoenn to 'learn' as father put it." it still sounded ridiculous to him. "You know my father. He likes to play games, I'm certain this is just another one of them. I'll figure out what game he's trying to play. And once I do I'll be on the next boat back to Galar." and that couldn't come soon enough.[break][break]

"I don't believe you're here for the festival either...Artie." Marcellus narrowed his eyes. "You're always up to something. So what is it this time huh?"

da boy is upsettie

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
Vivid Festivities (BB)
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 18:30:57 GMT
[nospaces]

The face that @marcellus made at him, bottom lip pushed against the straw stubbornly against his lip, is hilarious. It is also adorable, and Artie has half a mind to capture it. In fact, he does.

[break][break] With his other hand, he is quick to snap a photo of the other just as Marcie drank the offending item and he laughed as he appraised the picture. He showed it back to the other, though careful to keep the phone a little high, just in case Marcie wanted to take it from his grip. "You're great at taking photos, you know, " he quips.

[break][break] Artie's brows pinch a bit with concern as the other coughs - it would have been awkward if he accidentally made the noble's son choke on bubble tea of all things. Definitely not the way he wanted to go. And plus, how was he supposed to explain such a thing to Dir Duhamel? Honestly not a conversation he wanted to have.

[break][break] The prince's expression is thoughtful as Marcie tells him why he's here, before his face brightens with glee. He aims to throw a arm around the other, perhaps leading him to a walk around the festivities. "That's great! We can play some games together," he says, as if he knows the first thing about festival games. Which he doesn't. At all.

[break][break] As expected, Artie is lofty in his next response. "What do you mean?" he says innocently. "I have no idea what you're talking about." His gaze, distracted, draws to his phone as he flicks through his photo album. Maybe if he posted the picture, Marcie wouldn't mind?

teehee

@marcellus