The great industrial city. (S)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 2:58:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=.derrick]font:11px roboto;--accent:#1979e6;[/newclass]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Derrick hummed a tune as he walked throughout the city, he had just finished shopping for new parts for his latest project. A grin formed on the mans face, just the thought of working on a projects made him happier. With one hand he swung around a bag filled with ingredients for tonight's dinner. He wasn't the type of guy to work on an empty stomach after all. As he walked down the ally way to his apartment, Derrick gave a friendly wave to his neighbors. 
[break]
In a way he was relieved that he was fortunate enough to find a place to live in Rustboro city. It reminded him much of the other city he called home in the Galar Region, Motostoke. Although he preferred Motostoke, but that was just his bias from growing up there. There was something about industrial cities that eased the soul. At least, that's how Derrick felt of course not everyone was gonna feel the same way. With a yawn Derrick raised his hands above his head, he leaned from side to side to stretch. Glancing behind him, he watched happily as his partner Daze approached carrying the needed materials. 
[break] 
"Alright, let's get to it shall we?" Slipping on his work goggles, now he was prepared. 

[break][break]

+ @utah

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.derrick b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 3:22:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@derrick
SOCIAL

“JAX!”

it was not uncommon to hear the name shouted ahead of her appearance to a scene. the boltund had taken off around the corner after a ratatat, picking up a blurring amount of speed.

“come back!”

she ran as fast as she could after him, but it was never fast enough. he kept her in shape. she turned the corner just in time to see him careen with another pokemon with its arms full. “LOOK OUT!” but it was too late.

her eyes went wide, and she ran over to check on the damage. the boltund, who had rolled off to the side post-impact, jumped back up and barked excitedly at her as though nothing had happened. “jax, stop.” she put a hand on his head, attempting to calm him as he squirmed. “i’m so sorry.” she looked mortified, and could only hope the two were friendly. she looked at the purple, mohawked pokemon. “are you okay?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 3:57:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Derrick wasn't one to really pay attention to his surroundings or just to listen to people around him. So when people began to shout at him to clear the way, he automatically assumed that they weren't talking to him. Derrick continued to walk forward but at a slow pace, so that Daze would be able to keep up. Though due to Derrick's carefree nature, he failed to even sense the accident that unfolded just behind him. He turned his head, glancing to see if Daze had been keeping up. Only to be shocked at what he saw. Daze was knocked over from the boltund that had rammed into him, although the pokemon seemed to not really care. It's only response was a simple grunt as it got up, picking up the fallen merchandise. Daze awkwardly stared at Utah, he roughly shaked his head unsure how else to respond.

[break][break]
Derrick rushed back towards them. Once he got there he glanced towards Daze, the pokemon seemed fine so there was no problem for Derrick. Looking over towards Utah and the boltund, from his judgement Utah seemed to be worried. Slipping his goggles back up Derrick flashed a warm smile towards her. "Oh don't worry, he's fine. Daze is pretty gentle despite how he looks." Derrick said with somewhat obnoxious laughter. Eyes then flickered over towards the Boltund, it's been a long time since he encountered one. "Well aren't you a energetic lil guy?" He spoke with a grin. "Try not to cause to much trouble for your trainer though!" Derrick said, laughing once again. He saw there to be no reason to be angry after all everyone seemed to be uninjured.

+ @utah

[newclass=.derrick .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 5:00:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@derrick
SOCIAL

utah stared back at the toxtricity, not knowing what it was, but hoping it was alright. it seemed to be.

the boltund barked, slipping out from under utah’s lax hand and going to jump towards the much larger man. while their hair was uncommonly similar, she was utterly dwarfed by him. for this reason, she was glad that he wasn’t angry. he was a bit intimidating. “you have no idea.” she gave a ‘heh’ under her breath and scratched her head briefly, still catching her breath a bit.

looking around at the parts that scattered for a moment around the ground, utah’s look of worry was replaced with a grin. “looks like you’re workin’ on something cool.” utah had that small-town ‘everyone’s a friend’ vibe—in large part, blissfully unaffected by the world, or stranger danger.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 5:20:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Derrick welcomed the boltund with open arms, when he was a child there were plenty of yamper and boltund running about. So he somewhat knew their temperament. With a grin Derrick scratched behind Jax's ears. If he remembered anything, it was that they enjoyed being scratched there. Glancing back towards Utah he grinned from ear to ear from what she had said. Utah had already left a pretty strong impression on Derrick; from her hair color, to her pokemon plus her interest in mechanics. He had felt very impressed. 
[break][break]
"That's right, I'm working on something very cool" Derrick responded with confidence and with a cheeky grin. He worked around to pick up the scattered parts, ensuring that every piece was back into the bag Daze had been carrying. "My names, Derrick. I'm a mechanical engineer!" He told Utah proudly and with great enthusiasm. Which caused onlookers to snicker in disbelief, around these parts Derrick's engineering skills were known to be less then mediocre. The mockery didn't seem to phase Derrick, his confidence didn't fade from his eyes. 

Although Daze didn't seem to be very happy. The Toxtricity ommited a low warning growl, which scared off onlookers. 

+ @utah

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 5:35:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@derrick
SOCIAL

utah’s smile only deepened in warmth at the man’s kindness to her dog. good people. jax’s tongue lolled out of the side of his mouth contentedly, and his sporadic movements were slowed for a few moments.

her eyes sparkled with curiosity at his response, hoping he would elaborate. when people nearby snickered at him, without hesitation, she threw up the forcefield of a middle finger without looking. small-town. thick skin, though. her smile remained. “i’m utah.” she presented a small, gloved hand to shake. “i work on helicopters.”

she paused, perhaps not long enough to process prying about a stranger’s projects, especially one that had elicited so many odd looks. “what’re’ya workin’ on?” she couldn’t help herself.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 7:25:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Derrick was glad to see that the Boltund seemed rather content with the ear scratching. He gently patted his head a few times, before looking up towards Utah. Her actions were a bit alarming to see, he did not expect her to have that sort of confidence. It caused him to laugh loudly "Heh, you've got  guts that's for sure." He gave her a warm praise then Glanced at the nearby onlookers they did not seem to pleased with Utah's behaviors they began walking away whispering amongst themselves. His laughter continued when he saw them walk away. "Try not to mind them to much, their a little rude at times but caring people." Focusing back onto Utah Derrick also extended his hand, firmly grasping hers. "Well Utah, Welcome to the city. Also It's amazing you work on helicopters. Quite impressive!" Derrick said with a nod, briefly putting some thought into her other question. "Well I'm working on a generator, but it's a little different from others. I think it's better for you to see it with your own eyes." He suggested towards her. Derrick was more then eager to show off his new project. It's been awhile since he'd talk to anyone about machines, most people weren't very interested in what he worked on after all. 

+ @utah

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 22:44:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@derrick
SOCIAL

guts. were his neighbors dangerous? her eyes shifted briefly over at them, unabashed enough to make eye contact. utah was fearless to an absolute fault.

“oh.” realizing they were friends, and perhaps he lived here, she went a little pink in the face. “hopefully they don’t mind me, then.” she smiled as though to try and make up for it, eventually flashing teeth in a guilty sort of way.

she beamed at him. “thanks! i’ve been here before, though. rustboro’s a good excuse to get out of lavaridge every once in a while, ya know? getting parts delivered is pretty damn expensive.” utah and her father were broke, so she typically took care of the transports herself.

having hoped he would offer, she responded maybe a little too quickly, “i’d love to, sure! the boltund seemed to mimic the young woman’s enthusiasm, and it was clear why they were such close companions.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 4:45:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Well, they tended to be a lot ruder then Derrick made out. Though Derrick didn't bother mentioning that part. When he first moved to the city he also was annoyed with the snickering but after some time living in the city he began getting used to it. They didn't pose any true threat after all, so the best response was just to show he didn't care. "Haha they may just start pointless gossip but that's about it." Derrick told Utah with an affirmative nod hoping that she wasn't the type to care about it. "If they say anything too stupid, don't worry I'll shut them up." Giving her a small wink and a thumbs up, reassuring that he would back her up. 
[break]

As Derrick listened to Utah he was able to relate to her. Living here was difficult but somehow he manages to scrape by. Nodding as he listened to her, he seemed very interested. Anything that dealt with machines made Derrick very eager to discuss. "Lavaride huh? never been there myself." Derrick said trying to imaging where it would be, he wasn't a native to hoenn so he wasn't very familiar with all the cities. 

[break]
Derrick grinned at Utah's eagerness. He also was very excited to show the lady what he had been working on, he even laughed at Jax's eagerness. The two of them seemed very alike. "My place isn't to much farther, just down this road." He slowly lead Utah down the road, it was in a rough area so you had to watch steps around here. "Careful as you come through, they don't treat the walkways over here to kindly." Derrick said with concern, and slight annoyance that the city failed to ensure simple things such as safety of walking paths. 

+ @utah

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 7:51:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@derrick
SOCIAL

“ugh, i hate that for you.” she had lived in a small town her whole life, and she knew about grapevines. to hear such a thing still went on in the big city was disappointing. she then grinned, tickled by the aggressiveness of his statement about the neighbors.

lavaridge was the florida of hoenn. “it’s really hot,” she explained, “and there’s a lot of old people.” she did like her hometown, but she was itching to get out of it more and more. the league would help with that, she hoped, somehow.

her cheeks puffed as she beamed and followed after him, careful to watch where she stepped on the uneven walkway. that was something they didn’t have to deal with in lavaridge. poor bastards didn’t even have concrete.

“what’s that accent?” she asked, looking high up at him as they walked, and consequently catching her toe, tripping just a step.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 6:27:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Derrick appreciated the support that came from Utah, being glad that they bumped into each other. It had been a very days since Derrick last talked to anyone, and he had began to feel lonely. Most people preferred to not interact with a guy that looked like a punk. Derrick tried to imagine what Lavaridge was like when Utah began to explain it to him. Although he didn't quite get the full image. "I hate the heat." Derrick said, just the thought of being hot made his head hurt. "Being surrounded by grannies and grandpas don't sound to bad tho." Derrick added on with a chuckle.
[break]
Derrick had been closely watching Utah, very concerned that she may fall and injure herself that he hadn't been paying attention in front of him. As he had eyes practically glued onto the girl he had tripped on the cracked concrete path. Realizing he had been falling, Derrick swung his arms around in a absurd like fashion though it didn't help much. Derrick had scrapped his knees during the fall luckily they weren't bleeding just scraped up. Pulling himself back up he scoffed in annoyance. "Feel like they have gotten worse since I came back" Dusting himself off he glanced back at Utah who had been more cautious then he had been.
[break]
He was caught off guard when Utah asked about the light galar accent he had. Derrick had been living in Hoenn for quite a while that most people didn't really pick up on it. "Oh I'm from Motostoke Galar! It's a lot like here." Derrick briefly explained a small blush flushing onto his face, for some reason he always felt embarrassed when people spoke of his accent.

[break]
The walk way came to a stop, and a old run down apartment complex came into view. "Well this is the building I live at." Leading Utah up the cracked stone stairways, he took out the keys to his door. After a brief moment of struggling, the door was unlocked and Derrick had held the door open for her. Despite it being a very small Derrick had renovated his room quite a bit. It had been neatly organized and pretty tidy. Despite a small amount trash that had been laying here and there.

[break]

"Daze, I'm homee!" He called out as they entered. Upon entry a stone goliath had approached the two of them, the Coalossal curiously looked at the women, grunting a greeting. "Utah, this is Daze. He's a Coalossal" He hoped that the brief explanation would be enough. 
@utah

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 0:25:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@derrick

SOCIAL

“it’s not bad.” she reasoned.

watching derrick trip, utah hissed through bared teeth. “oh no—you okay?” she went to put a hand out on his shoulder before he righted himself. his annoyance caused her to draw her hand away rather quickly. it went to briefly hold the other elbow, unsure of what to do before they kept walking.

his blush warmed her own face again. it didn’t take much. she was grinning once more. “cool!” she chirped. “we get parts from motostoke sometimes.” using ‘we’ as though he had any clue who else she might have been including in the statement. It didn’t seem to occur to her.

initially, she’d assumed they had been heading for a garage of some sort. despite her typical fearlessness, there was a brief wave of discomfort when they arrived at an apartment building. Jax was there, and she had two pokeballs of back-up in her pocket if anything happened. curiosity got the better of her, and she followed him in.

her mouth widened at the coalossal. a huge pokemon, it looked all the more intimidating inside an apartment of all places. “woah.” she grinned. “hi daze.” she looked around. “do you weld?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 22:43:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

The apartment wasn't his ideal location for a work space, he hasn't really been able to get any decent projects because of this issue. "Not what you were expecting huh? Sorry moneys been tight hopefully I'll be able to move out of this dump soon!" Derrick said hopefully, giving an approved look towards Daze. Being relieved he didn't wreck the place like he did last time when he went shopping. "Oh! I used to ages ago, haven't really gotten a chance to get back into it. You got a good eyes." He was surprised that she had asked, slightly wondering what brought up the topic Derrick noticed he hadn't properly put away  equipment after cleaning up the other day. 

[break][break]

Placing the bag of parts on a nearby counter he glanced back at the lady. "Right now I'm working  on a broken generator for a friend, though I kind of realized that I didn't have the right parts a bit late." Derrick said with a small laugh, scratching at his head. Leave it to him for forgetting basic necessities. "I renovated the bedroom to be my workspace, and sleep on the  ol couch." Pointing out the worn out and faded couch which was positioned near the windows of the apartment. 

[break][break] 
He wanted to know more about Utah, during the walk here Derrick assumed that Utah had a partner of some sorts when it came to building helicopters - she did mention another person when talking about the parts after all. "So, do you work solo on helicopters or you have someone helping you out?" He casually questioned, hoping that she wouldn't find the question strange. He also remembered that when they arrived Utah had been looking a little anxious, though it seemed to have subsided for now. He thought that it would be better to not bring it up for now, figuring he could find if she found him trustworthy. Though it did have him curious, for such a bright young women he wondered if there was a bad incident that she had gone through. He hoped that it was not the case and that he was being paranoid. 
[break][break]
"
Oh right, rooms this way if you follow me." He began walking a short distance to the other door. Opening it for Utah. The bedroom was about the same size as the living room, only slightly bigger. The room was also neatly organized and tidy but completely rearranged, having to be filled with large metal like drawers and cabinets filled with parts and tools. In the near center of the room there had been an older electric generator laying on the floor. It had pretty significant damage. "My buddy has a strange attachment to the thing, refuses to get a replacement. I've managed to fix it last few times, but I don't know if I can do it again." Derrick said with a chuckle. 

+ @utah

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 0:47:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@derrick
SOCIAL

Utah watched the Coalossal, walking up to it—it and smiling. “Hi.” Then, Derrick stole her attention once more and she abandoned the smoldering pokemon. When she was in a pinch, there was an old smith in Lavaridge that helped her with parts sometimes, who used a Coalossal for heating and shaping his metals. Being that it was the only other Coalossal she’d ever seen, she assumed it must have had a similar purpose under such an ownership, because that’s just how Utah’s brain worked.

“A generator, huh?” Utah handled starter generators in aircraft repair all the time, but it didn’t extend past removing and replacing a unit she had a pretty limited understanding of, beyond its primary function. Sick. I work with those. Wouldn’t begin to know how to fix one, though.”

“Hey, whatever works, right?”

Roaming aquamarine eyes were summoned back to his at the question about her own work. “Hm? Oh, I help my dad! He’s… not doing so well. But it’s just me and him, always been, and we make it work! Pretty consistent business. We’re the only ones around who do what we do and people are always getting stuck in the hills there, so there’s all sorts of rescue aircraft.” Especially for the elderly, who sometimes felt safer behind doors than riding a pokemon out of a scary situation.

She followed him into the room, looking at the generator on the floor. Crouching down near it, she craned in different directions to get a gander without touching. “Welp,” she said, looking up at him, “it’s a broken generator.” And not the kind that she had ever worked with, or installed.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 22:33:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Derrick had slipped on his work goggles and began to poke around at the generator as he listened to Utah speak. His tongue slightly struck out due to his concentration. He wanted to be careful not to damage it further then it already had. He had sat down on the ground to get a better angle of the generator and managed to get the old thing to generate a spark - the bad kind of spark. Out of alarm Derrick recoiled his arm back, it did manage to hit him but he only felt a small sting.
"That's awesome, I work by myself mainly but my pokemon help me out a ton. " Derrick had felt slightly envious of Utah. Never really being involved with his parents, wishing that he had a family who shared the love of working on machines like Utah and her father did.
[break][break]
He laughed at Utah's comment, it was indeed a broken generator. Derrick met people that would insist that their machines didn't need fixing and never brought it in till it was heavily damaged, making it more difficult for Derrick to work on them. At least Utah was different from those people. "Yeah, hopefully I'll get it to work again." Derrick gave the generator a gentle tap, careful not to let another spark happen. Derrick found it a little difficult to work with others around due to the pressure. He also didn't want to leave Utah standing around, as that'd be rude.
[break][break]
Rising back to his feet "You've had anything to eat yet?" He did just go buy groceries, but Derrick was a amature cook. He figured that it'd be better if they went to get food or just ordered delivery.

+ @utah