Humble sprouts (s)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 3:24:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The sun's rise had just begun, but Simone Fox already found himself well-awake. Simone was a hard working individual who ran a flower shop with his pokemon. He had recently opened up the shop, so business wasn't going great and things haven't easy. But Simon still kept a cheerful and optimistic attitude. Simone's home was the upper level of the shop, so it didn't take too long for him to prepare things since he also lightly prepped the night before. 
[break][break]
He was about to finish, just one last task he needed to do- that being watering the newly fresh sprouts. Grabbing his dainty watering-can, Simone had began to gentle sprinkle water over them. A smile formed on his face as he did so, it was always so exciting to watch plants grow. Taking a brief pause when he heard movement in the shop. Simone's graceful Lilligant had approached enveloping the room with the aroma of flowers. Simone grinned, stroking the Lilligant."Why, Good morning Peony." He spoke in a soft tone, before walking towards the shop's entrance. He still had to water the flowers outside, then he would be prepared to open. "Peony, if you could please just clean up a little darling." Simone called over. 
[break]

Simone had been somewhat distracted, and when he heard the bell of his door give off a pleasant ring he was a little surprised.
"Oh good morning, I'm still not prepared to open yet." 
close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 3:37:00 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
"AKAME!!!" Mochi called as he chased after the pichu.

The small electric rodent let out a happy squeak, running through the calm streets that weren't crowded due to how early it was. Honestly, Mochi had to haphazardly get ready in order to chase the small pokemon. Some mornings, Akame was up before they were and other times they slept in the longest. This just happened to be the one day where they woke up EXTRA early.

"Stop! WAIT A MINUTE!!!" Mochi yelled as the small pokemon took a fast turn, causing him to stumble as he tried to stop quickly.

Giving several pants, Mochi had to take a moment to recover before racing after them again. The pichu arrived at the door to the flowershop, normally a small pokemon like that wouldn't be able to open the door alone. However Mochi was the one that caused it to open. He leaned against the door to try and rest while reaching for the rodent. But when it started to open, Akame rushed through the small gap and Mochi gave a blink before his balance gave and he tumbled into the shop.

"Chu pi!!!" Akame giggled out, stopping a little ahead of where Mochi fell.

A groan left Mochi as he laid there, he had to watch the kids today...and he already felt tired. Oh dear. However the voice came to his ears and the femmine like male looked up. A nervous expression on his face as he started to push himself up to his knees.

"Ah sorry about that, I was just trying to catch this rascal who for some reason, decided to escape the bedroom." Mochi explained, giving a look to the small pokemon. "Akame please...come here..."

"Pichu!" Akame replied before bouncing off, deciding that they were gonna look around rather than come back to their trainer.

Asigh left Mochi as he picked himself up the floor, lightly dusting his pant legs off.

"Sorry about the barge in, I didn't think the door was unlocked and that it was a push door.." Mochi added to his explanation.

@simone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 4:15:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Simone blinked with the sudden appearance of pichu. He was about to ask the pichu where his trainer was, only to surprised once again. Taking a few steps back from the alarm, he saw a young boy tumble into the shop right after the stray Pichu. Simone met eye contact with the young boy, and a gentle smile washed onto his pale face. Extending his hand to try and stop the boy from panicking any further Simon nodded his head, showing that he understood. "No need to worry, that door is a little broken and somedays it has trouble locking." Simone said reassuring him. It was something that he himself needed to get fixed, but thievery wasn't really an issue around these parts so he never really considered to getting a fix. 
[break]
Simone glanced over towards the Pichu, he was able to tell that Akame had no intentions of returning with the boy anytime soon.
"Well, you're welcome to stay here until the pichu calms down." Simone didn't mind, by looking at Mochi he had a feeling he wasn't the type to cause trouble. Simone's lilligant peaked her head from a door to see what the commotion was all about. The pokemon blinked a few times as she watched the pichu stumble about the store, leaving footprints in it's wake. 
[break][break]
Simone glanced outside the stores window, and began to see some of the house lights flicker on as people prepared for their day.
"I'm Simone, and her name is Peony." Using his hand to point at the unhappy Lilligant as it used a broom to sweep away tiny foot prints. Causing Simone to have a little laugh. "Still pretty early for someone your age to be up, had you eaten yet?"

close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 4:34:14 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
With the hand held out to him, Mochi fell silent. Not sure on what to say in response or do. Mochi gave a small smile before he tried to adjust his wrinkled coat, tugging gently on the sleeve to try and fix it.

"Oh...okay." Mochi responded, trying to have his heart slow down a little.

Akame was quick to already start inspecting the various plants, sniffing them and once in a while, a little sneeze would leave them. Their ears twitched and perked as they took in the surrounding environment. The pichu noticed the grass type pokemon and gave a friendly wave to them. For all their mischief, they at least weren't...rude when meeting others. They were just a bit troublesome.

"Thank you, I don't really know why he's up so much earlier than normal. Usually it be a little later in the morning that he wakes up, that's his normal waking up early." Mochi explained. "Oh I'm Mochi and he's Akame. It's very nice to meet both of you."

Mochi gave a kind smile to Peony, wishing he could apologize to the pokemon for barging in but he didn't want to start rambling. Oh boy, this was going to be a odd morning. Seeing Peony unhappy did make him lose his smile a little, though Akame took the sweeping of his footprints as a game. Thus they did a little run around Peony, leaving a circle of footprints before rushing off. A excited sound leaving them.

"Yeah, normally it' be a little longer before I'd be up to help in the temple.." Mochi explained. "Ah...n..no I haven't. I had to throw all this on just to give chase to that one."

He gestured to Akame, whom of which was smelling another flower. Mochi thankfully had gotten a pair of pants on, though he was wearing wooden sandals. His wrinkled coat wasn't even zipped up all the way so one could see the bunched up kimono that he must've been sleeping in and when he had to hapharzdly get something to wear, he just shoved the loose ends of the fabric into the coat to try and save it from getting torn or dirty.

@simone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 4:53:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Simone nodded as he listened to Mochi, the boy's name did strike Simone as different, so he figured that he wasn't from this region. Simone wasn't the type of guy who judged by names or looks either. "Well Mochi, sounds like you've been having an interesting morning." The blonde man stated with a light chuckle. Noticing the boys smile waver, Simone's eyes flickered over towards Peony, who had still been busy attempting to clean up the tiny paw prints. "Ah don't fret, Peony enjoys cleaning. Her attitude as she does it is a little confusing though." He gave Mochi a reassuring smile, looking towards Akame who had been curiously looking at all the plants. Simone's expression lit up at the mention of the temple from Mochi. "Ah! mind me asking what temple you are at? I frequently visited temples in my youth with my grandparents." Simone smiled reminiscing about the past. 

[break][break]
When Mochi said he hadn't eaten yet, Simone had a small frown. His eyes furrowed, "Well that's no good, breakfast is very important." He started walking towards the staircase, but before he went upstairs he pulled out a chair inviting Mochi to sit in it. "Luckily, me and Peony were just about to eat. You're more then welcome to join us, I just need to go upstairs for a brief moment. If you would excuse me." With that said, Simone headed up the stairs. 
Scrambling about to prepare for the morning meal. 
close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 5:18:28 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
"Yeah, much more hectic than usual." Mochi replied. "Ah I see.."

Strange how she looked displeased to a small degree with having to clean up the pawprints but..if he was sure she wasn't actually upset, okay then. Mochi was surprised to see how interested the man became when he mentioned the temple. At the moment, Simone wasn't looking familiar, although...maybe he'd seen them in passing?

"Well when I was really little I was at one of the temples in Sootopolis but I was eventually moved around until I ended up landing in a temple here in Oldale. I watch the children and baby pokemon so I usually...wasn't really out in the main areas." Mochi explained.

The matter soon went to the food and Mochi knew that breakfast was important. However..he didn't know what to say in response. Truthfully, his worry for Akame rushing off blinded him to grabbing something to eat.Akame was a pichu, they were a baby pokemon. Not defenseless true but even with thunder shock known...they had issues with their electrical attacks.

"Are you sure? I don't wish to impose on you..." Mochi asks.

@simone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 5:40:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Well him not being in main areas, might have explained why Simone didn't see him when he was younger. Though he did find it a little strange, considering that he basically lived his entire life out here and never met Mochi until now. The ding that came from upstairs alerted Simone that the food was prepared. "No trouble at all." He reassured, going upstairs once more to fetch breakfast. 

Simone returned, slowly coming down the stairs with a handful of food and side dishes. He placed them down onto the table in a neat and organized manner. "
I'm a bit of a mediocre cook, and always make extra servings." Simone explained his cheeks slightly flushing with a blush. Clearing his throat he also laid out three bowls on the floor for the pokemon. Filling them with nutritious food. Clapping his hands twice, he called for Peony and Cake. 
The Lilligant gracefully emerged, eating her breakfast in a calm and elegant manner. 

[break]
Simone's other pokemon had appeared from upstairs, a strawberry cream alcremie made it's to the food bowl, not even bothering to acknowledge the other boy or pichu. She ate the food in complete and utter silence. 

Simone laughed a little turning his attention back to Mochi. "
You'll have to excuse her, she's slightly badly tempered. Tends to stay away from others." He briefly explained before glancing back at the food. Before eating he clasped his hands in prayer, silently mumbling prayer to himself. He realized that he may seem rude to his guest. "Ah, sorry." He scratched at his scalp blushing once again. "Bad habit of mine, feel free to dig in." 
close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 6:22:08 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
"There's nothing wrong with making additional food, even more so when there's pokemon around. Akame always likes to steal some extra food when I'm tasked with making food at the temple." Mochi replied. "I'm not a good cook at all though, probably why I just tend to do the simplier things."

Cooking was a stressful thing in his opinion. It created a mess always and you had to keep so many things in mind. Thus he just made simple things that may only need a couple of minutes to cook. Probably wasn't the best thing but....to be honest he only had to cook sometimes for the older kids in the daycare. When the bowls gently clattered to the ground, Akame's ears perked and twitched. Their little nose frequently twitching before they swiftly came over to the extra bowl and started to dive in.

"Ah it's okay, Yokan used to not eat whenever Akame was in the same room when I first took them in. I had to feed them in different rooms for a little while." Mochi says. "Granted, Akame wasn't able to control their electricity and was letting sparks fly at the tinest emotion. They've gotten a lot better at that."

A nervous smile was on his face as he finished that sentence, though he put his hands together and nervously fidgeted as he tried to remove that nervous expression. The prayer was nice, he couldn't hear it but he saw nothing wrong with that. That helped his nervousness fade and he gave a kind smile.

"I don't see how doing a prayer is a bad habit, it's something you do and something you believe in. Plus this your place,you should be able to do that if you wish." Mochi responded, trying to show that he wasn't offended at all.

@simone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 8:00:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Simone felt quite flustered at Mochi's comments, they weren't really compliments but Simone felt glad to hear them. He stirred around a sugar cube in his tea cup, before gently pressing the cup to his lips. Drinking the steaming tea with relative ease. Drinking piping hot tea wasn't really a skill all it took was practice and some patience, the same applied to cooking.
[break]
Simone thought it would be nice to further explain the origins of his pokemon, "I see, well partly it is because Cake here was a rescue. Wasn't sure of her circumstances before. The only thing they bothered to tell me was that it was a pretty bad situation for her to be in." Simone's tone was a little bitter, he never understood why or how people could mistreat innocent pokemon. Sighing briefly, he continued. "Peony was abandoned which is why she has some trust issues." with that all said, Simone was just glad that he was able to give the two pokemon better lives then they had before. 
[break]
Simone smiled at Mochi's reassurance, "
Well not all my guests are not as kind hearted like yourself. Some are against religious traditions and found my prayers uncomfortable." He said with a small shrug, Simone also believed prayer wasn't a problem. All his prayers were just being thankful or good health. He had just finished his meal as he said that to Mochi and began to piling the dishes together. "you're more then welcome to stay once you finish eating, the shop hasn't been very busy." Simone said with a small sigh, slightly hoping he would accept. He had Cake and Peony here with him, but staying here with little people interaction was a lot more lonely then he imagined. 
close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 23:02:35 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
"I'm sorry to hear that..." Mochi started, a saddened expression coming to his face as he sat there.

What could he say to follow up that? Sometimes injured pokemon were brought in or a abandoned pokemon was found, but they were often just healed up and sent on their way. Mochi never dealt with those ones, he dealt with the newly hatched pokemon or the ones that were in the baby pokemon classification. Thankfully the conversation shifted to the prayer and Mochi felt his nervousness going away some as he listened to the man.

"I see what you mean." Mochi replied. "Please, don't feel like you can't do those things with me around."

He gave a kind smile up to the older man, wanting them to feel at ease and comfortable with a aspect of themself. Some people were religious and there wasn't anything wrong with it. Yes Mochi did know that sometimes it could be taken too far, but a simple prayer over a meal wasn't too far. That was normal and that was good.

"Are you sure?" Mochi asks. "I don't wish to impose when you open the doors for business today."

Granted, he would have to get back to the temple in order to do his duties in a couple of hours. Part of Mochi was tempted to try and go back to sleep. Though he wasn't sure on how well that would work now with Akame being all energized.

@simone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 1:40:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Simone's smile brightened. "Noted, thank you." His intention was not to panic the young boy. If anything he had gone on a bit of a ramble, he had been feeling frustrated recently. Due to oldale being a rural area many trainers often dumped their pokemon here without hesitation. He wished that he was able to do something about it, but he was powerless. "Ah don't worry, haven't gotten many customers for the past few days. You're no imposing one bit." Simone glanced towards the clock, only to see that it had been time to open the shop up. He gave a nod towards Peony, who then walked towards the door and flipped around the closed sign to open. 
[break]
"
So mochi, you like flowers of any kind? I don't mind offering flowers to the temple." Simone said with a smile. The flowers in the shop had all been well taken care for, most of them blooming beautifully. "I know you must be busy, so feel free to leave whenever you would like." The blonde haired man added on. 

close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 2:43:25 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
"No problem." Mochi replied, his smile growing a little bigger.

Akame had finished their food, looking very pleased and they heard the sound of Mochi putting some food onto their own plate. Causing the small rodent to go over to their trainer and tugging onto their pant leg. Causing them to look down at them.

"I think you've already had a big breakfast Akame, better let that settle before you go in for seconds." Mochi suggested, the pichu narrowed their gaze though. "Last time I gave you a second helping immediately you got sick. You're stomach is sensitive to amounts it seems."

"Pichu..." Akame grumbled, folding their little arms and Mochi gave them a kind smile.

Course he was pulled back into the conversation with Simon.

"Oh there's quite a few I like, I can ask the heads of the temple if they need any flowers for future events?" Mochi offered. "I know some celebrations they've lacked some but they also are very cautious due to the amount of pokemon there. SOme flowers aren't good to have with humans or pokemon around sadly."

Thankfully, he never had to deal with a scare of a pokemon eating a flower that was hazardous to them. Same with human children. It was sort of sad though, the daycare area only able to have artificial ones out of paranoia to keep infants of both kinds safe from any arm.

"Morning glories are rather pretty. Funny enough though, I do like dandelions, I know they're not...technically a flower and they're a dime a dozen in any lawn." Mochi added.

@simone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 3:46:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Simone let out a chuckle, finding the gluttonous was simply adorable. The tall man crouched down, giving the small pokemon a gentle rub between it's ears. "Mochi's right about that, though you two are always welcome back to eat. I'm happy you enjoyed the food." Standing back up, he dusted off the small amount of dirt that had clung onto the faded jeans. Simone was rather happy when Mochi mentioned that the temple could use flowers for potential events in the future. Understanding the risks Simone nodded understanding. "Well be sure to let me know if they need anything specific.
[break]
When Mochi mentioned the flower Morning Glory, his eyes beamed. "
The morning glory is certainly a very pretty flower. Luckily the one's I have been keeping bloomed rather beautifully. One moment. Simone told him, walking towards the other side of the shop to grab the flowers. He remained out of sight for a few moments. 
[break]
Meanwhile Peony had finished her meal, the flowering pokemon curiously glanced towards Mochi. A happy coo came from the pokemon's throat. Extending it's leaf like hand towards the young trainer. The aroma the pokemon had, was pleasant, it filled the entire shop.  The properties of a Lilligants aroma eased the nerves of other pokemon and trainers. 
[break]
Returning back, Simone brought carried some magnificent morning glories. The color was a mixture of a midnight purple. "
These are for you." Simone stated in a cheerful tone. 
close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 4:32:54 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
Akame accepted the attention; since they knew Mochi was going to keep to their words about no more food until what they just ate was more digested. So attention was the next best thing in their mind. Mochi's smile grew a little more, happy to see Akame was at least behaving for the moment.

"I'll let you know as soon as possible, I'll probably ask them once I get back if anyone else is awake." Mochi agreed.

If he could help Simone get some business and help the temple out, it was a good thing to do. After all, he had listened to some of the priests about how the temple used to be decorated from head to toe in festive floral a few years back. He wasn't sure why it stopped. Perhaps it was due to the temple's priorities changing? Using it's empty rooms to house pokemon in need of aid or raising as well as children of their loyal staff members that needed watching. Perhaps.

The gentle coo from Peony drew his attention toward the pokemon as Simone got up.The leafy appendage was held to him and he kept his kind smile to the pokemon. There was a very lovely aroma in the shop but due to his lack of knowledge of various pokemon, the young man just figured the shop had such a sweet aroma due to the variety of flowers within it's doors.

"Hello, Peony right?" Mochi greeted warmly.

Hearing the floorboards creak gently as Simone returned, Mochi adjusted his position so he could look at the man without a issue. Course he wasn't prepared for what was happening. Yes Simone had mentioned the bloom of their morning glories but that didn't mean Mochi was expecting them to be given to him with such a happy person holding them. The young trainer's face went a deep red and it wasn't contained to just their cheeks. Oh no, his entire face was a deep blush as he wasn't at all prepared for this.
"They.....uh...." Mochi stammered, his mind frazzled once more but at least it wasn't due to nervousness. "Are you....s...uh...."

In all honesty, no one had given him something like this. Yes he received one of his pokemon through the kindness of one of his mentors. But this was different. The only time he really knew of people giving others flowers was the more...romantic variety. And honestly, Mochi never got anything like that before. The lad was aware that this wasn't a romantic gesture as well and yet his heart and head decided to freak out on him. The flowers were very beatufiul. Truthfully, he just never had received something like this before. He was just a blushing mess now.

@simone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 7:27:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Peony had nodded slowly, she was still cautious of Mochi unsure if he could be trusted or not. She cooed once again, this time a lot happier. Gently swaying side to side with happiness. Peony was filled with happiness that Mochi called her name, as no one other then Simone called her Peony. Meanwhile Cake the alcremie side glanced at Mochi and Peony. Still expressing no interest, she returned upstairs without sound. 

[break]
Simone was annoyed that the floorboard had yet again creaked. Last week he spent a good few hours trying to fix the problem, though it didn't seem to be completely resolved. He figured he would need to call in a professional of some shorts, wasn't to certain who could help him out though. Upon seeing Mochi's reaction Simone was slightly confused. It didn't help that Mochi stuttered as he spoke. Scratching his ear, wondering what the problem was. Simone realized that he was blushing. Laughter escaped from the blonde haired man and gave Mochi a confident nod. "Why of course, I didn't think you would be so happy over flowers though." Simone said with a beam, he was very glad that Mochi seemed to enjoy the flowers. He always was overjoyed to see the happiness of customers when they saw blooming flowers. 
[break]
Seeing that Mochi still seemed a little hesitant, Simone assumed that no one really gave the boy a present or it wasn't very often. It disheartened Simone when he realized it. He nudged the flowers closer towards to Mochi, "You know, not many people get so happy when they recieve my flowers. I'd be very happy if you took them."