August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 22:03:29 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
Akame had finally made their way onto Mochi's lap, yawning slightly. It seemed the good amount of food was actually lulling them to sleep. That was good. It was nice to see Peony happy though Mochi's attention was still on the lovely flowers that were being offered to him. The laughter was malicious, Mochi could see that. Though the boy went another shade darker before he lightly smacked his hands against his cheeks, trying to get himself to stop blushing.

Though he ended up just holding his warm face as his face slowly lost some of the red, looking a little pink but that was at least a sign that he was snapping out of the reaction he was having to the kind gesture. His thin brows twitched above his eyes as he looked to Simone, listening to their words.

"It...it's just uh..." Mochi stammered, pulling his hands away from his face before shaking his head from side to side, still trying to get the deep blush to leave his face. "I..I know it's not a romantic gesture, I just...I just know that often it's...what flowers are given to someone for if not a get well thing....aaah sorry. I shouldn't...I shouldn't be a blushing mess, they're really pretty flowers."

Taking a deep breathe, he slowly exhaled. The normal color of his face finally returning despite him still feeling a little frazzled. His heart was pounding away in his chest though as he sat there. Why'd he react that way? He gave a smile to Simone, doing his best to not turn red in the face again.

"Th...thank you, I'll take them. Sorry about the...weird....reaction I had..." Mochi apologized.

@simone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 0:17:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Simone could relate to that feeling. Granted it had been a couple years since he's been in a serious relationship or someone gave him a gift of any sorts. Simone had been generally very happy to see Mochi react the way he did. It made him feel proud in his skills. He needed to give himself credit, taking care of plants was no easy task. The man smiled at Mochi, "Don't worry. I'm glad you think so." Sitting back at the table he figured if Mochi wasn't gonna leave anytime soon they could strike up a conversation.  
[break][break]
"So Mochi, any hobbies outside of working for the temple?" Simone asked, wondering what young people did now a days. Simone himself never really experienced the true wonders of youth. After high school he didn't bother going to college, instead he joined the league and ended up working for them for about 10 years or so. Not that he regrets his choice in working for the League. He just felt that he missed out on youthful days. 
close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 2:42:03 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
Mochi looked down at the flowers, taking in their beauty. They really did bloom well. No signs of wilting or damaged petals...they were pretty perfect flowers. It kept the smile on Mochi's face. Course he pulled his attention back to Simone when they asked the question.

"Oh...well honestly not that much I...I need to get better at doing things outside of the temple.." Mochi answered.

What would they think if he told them he sometimes put on a long haired wig and pretend to be someone else? To just roam around town feeling a little more free? Free from the great deal of uncertainty he felt and the gaping caverns in his memory? Truthfully..he didn't want to make Mr. Simone to think he was weird than..he already was.

"Uh what about you?" Mochi asks.

@simone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 20:26:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=.derrick]font:11px roboto;--accent:#1979e6;[/newclass]

[attr="class","derrick"]

He listened to Mochi, a little concerned with the levels of confidence that he displayed. Simone himself knew that confidence was something a person needed to work on, and wanted to give the young trainer a push in the right direction. "I see, you're not sure yet. Well if you'd like, maybe you can come and help me out at the shop whenever you have free time." Simone said with a kind nod. He didn't really need help, but it'd be nice to have a person that came to the shop every now and then. 

[break][break]

"Oh, I like to study botany on the side. Although the flower shop keeps me a little busier then I would like." Simone explained briefly. He figured that he should mention what he did beforehand as well, just to have something else to keep the conversation going. "Ah, before this I worked for the league as an officer." He briefly added on. 

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.derrick b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 22:16:05 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
"I just...I just haven't really thought on it. After all, the kids and baby pokemon in the daycare at the temple are very demanding but I do enjoy watching them. They just need someone to help them out and, I feel a bit more connected with them than others...I..I'm not sure why..." Mochi admitted, his thin eyebrows lowering in his uncertainty.

There was a lot of he didn't know. Taking a deep breathe, he slowly let it go. The offer to help out in the shop was something nice, though what could he really do? Mochi hadn't taken care of flowers so he wasn't sure on how good or bad his 'green thumb' was. So he didn't want to cause any issues for the good man's business.

"Understandable...sometimes it feels like the kids in the daycare are more chaotic than the baby pokemon. Thankfully they can't electrocute me or set anything on fire." Mochi said, a weak smile on his face. "O..Oh? Wh..what exactly did you do in the league?"

@simone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 6:39:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Just the thought of watching kids made Simone uneasy. He had never watched any kids so he knew it wouldn't be easy to do what Mochi did. "You do admirable work." Simone told Mochi, giving him a pat on the shoulder to try and cheer him up. Laughing at the comment that he made. "I agree. Kids can cause more trouble then small pokemon." He imagined Mochi being burnt and drenched by young pokemon and couldn't help but laugh louder. He didn't mean to come off rude, he just thought it was funny.
[break][break]
When asked about the league, Simone scratched at his hair. He didn't know exactly how to explain his duties, there was a lot he had to do. "Well I mainly helped out citizens and chased down some team rocket members. That's about it." He didn't exactly want to share the details why he's no longer in the league. Though if Mochi asked he wouldn't mind sharing it. 
[break][break]
Simone suddenly remembered that he hadn't told Mochi how to take care of the Morning Glories. "Oh those flowers are pretty tenacious, just make sure to give them sunlight and water them every week. If you need a watering can I can lend you one." Simone said with a nod. 

[newclass=.derrick .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.derrick .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 7:24:35 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
Mochi gave a small smile at Simone, grateful that he was understanding with it. Course he couldn't help but chuckle at the remark that chimed in with his words regarding the chaos between the two.

"Sometimes..I'd rather take the electric shock than my hair being pulled. Sometimes the latter hurts more than the former for some reason." mochi replied, laughing lightly though it faded. "Honestly though....I didn't like it. I didn't want to watch all the kids that everyone else decided to randomly pick someone to watch em. I was fine with just watching the baby pokemon...the kids did grow on me but...I don't know....it just hurts when I look at the kids after their parents entrust em to some scrawny oddball that was sent to em cause the other temples couldn't adopt him out..."

MOchi sank in his seat, feeling his shoulders bunching up as he sat there. The smile had quickly left him and he was glancing down at the table. He hadn't meant to say that...he shouldn't have said that. The children weren't at all responsible for his situation, for his lack of memory. None of it!! They were innocent in the whole thing!

"That sounds dangerous....were you ever scared...?" Mochi asked, glancing up weakly but he averted his eyes quickly.

He did pay attention to the man as they talked about how to care for the flowers. A nod leaving him as he sat there.

"Would them being on a windowsile be okay for them? In terms of sunlight?" Mochi asked. "I think there might be a watering can I can borrow in the temple but..if I can't use it I'll come back and get one from you."

@simone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 8:10:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

"Right! It's usually kids that cause more harm then baby pokemon." Simone exclaimed finding the conversation to be funny and easy going. He had never been good around kids. He was the awkward one out when it came to handling kids. Honestly he would just like to stay as far away from any children. Not that Simone disliked them, he never knew how to react. The brief times he interacted with kids, well you could say it hurt his self esteem. Many of them would stomp away from him calling him boring and weird. At least baby pokemon couldn't react that way. When the conversation suddenly turned dark, Simone frowned. It was clear that Mochi had been referring to himself here. He felt heartbroken for the boy - his parents must of been scum bags to just abandon him. Though Simone was glad that Mochi had turned out to be the way he was. A little awkward and lacking in confidence - but over all a kind and gentle young soul. He couldn't think of anything to say in the brief moment so he just placed a hand onto the boys head. "Well, If I was a parent I wouldn't mind if someone like you watched over my kid. You're a great guy." He hoped that Mochi wouldn't misunderstand him, Simone said it without thinking perhaps it would of been better to stay silent. Though it hurt to see how sad Mochi looked.

[break][break]

He didn't feel exactly comfortable talking about being an officer seeing how Mochi was at the moment, but Simone felt that sometimes things needed to be said. "Of course I was afraid, Its normal to feel scared or sad, you don't have to feel ashamed of yourself if you do." Simone spoke gently, directly looking at Mochi who had averted eyes. Being a little glad that he changed topics. "Yes, by the window would be a perfect setting for these little guys. Regarding the watering can, that sounds good." Simone said letting out a small sigh. The freckle faced man didn't know what else to say or bring up. He only watched Mochi hoping that he would feel better.

close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 9:09:45 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
"True...the way they learn about the world can be destructive at times." Mochi agreed, a weak nod leaving him.

But it was the only way kids that young knew how to learn. Yes it was up to adults to teach them and Mochi was doing his best to help them learn without having to stick everything in their mouth. But they were just that age. They weren't yet at the point where they could properly speak and form words, let alone put their questions into intelligible words. It would take time and he could only try to teach them. The hand on their head caused him to slowly look at the other though he found it hard to put faith in the words. He hadn't seen him in action....and sure some parents expressed their gratitude but...was it real? Or was he just the one tasked with watching kids without it meaning anything?

"I...I see...." Mochi answered in regards to the league subject.

No shame in it huh...then why did so many things feel bad? Mochi wasn't sure. Then again, there were so many things he didn't know how to feel about them. What could he feel about things he didn't feel comfortable asking anyone about or the quetions he already knew no one had answers to? Trying to smile, Mochi gave a nod.

"Thanks. I...I should be heading back. Maybe I can sneak in a small nap before it's time for everyone else to wake up.." Mochi admitted as he gently scooped Akame off his lap, holding them carefully in one arm so he could stand. "Thank you Mr. Simone, for...for more than just the flowers."

The smile grew a little more.

@simone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 9:29:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","derrick"]

Simone felt slightly guilty that the conversation ended the way it did, but he knew that Mochi was busy. He couldn't stop him from leaving, heck they just met today and they barely knew each other of course he didn't have the ability to make him stay. "I see, it was a pleasure meeting you Mochi." Simone smiled watching him as he carried the sleeping Pichu. 
[break][break]
He was relieved that he did somewhat manage to help Mochi with that terrible advice of his. Getting up from his chair, he walked Mochi to the door way opening it for him. As they left Simone waved towards them. "Thanks for your time! Be sure to stop on by again!" He shouted their direction, watching as they vanished from his view. 
[break]
What a morning it had been, now he was ready to open for business. He glanced back towards Peony with a smile. "Well that was a little unexpected, but they sure were kind weren't they." 

'Lili! lili!~" Peony cried, happily nodding. Simone huffed, glancing towards the clock. 
[break][break]
"Time to work Peony!" 

+
ooc: thread closure

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Humble sprouts (s)
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 0:24:17 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@simone