August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
Get past fears, try something new [dW}
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 4:42:10 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
"I...I don't know....this feels like a bad idea..." Mochi muttered, his face paling as he looked at the large cave mouth.

Now Mochi knew he had to....try some new things. Honestly a part of him wondered if he should've just stayed home rather than try this. Yatsuhashi folded her arms, a rough voice leaving the pokemon as they seemed to be lecturing him to a degree, a shake left the kangaskahn's head before they pointed at him.

"Kangaskahn, skahn." Yatsuhashi continued and then she pointed at the cave mouth with a clawed digit. "Kanga."

He knew what she was doing, she was basically telling him to go. Treating him like a child which was a part of her nature when it came to him being afraid or nervous. Mochi slowly glanced to the intimidating cave opening. His lips quivered lightly and he still debated, wanting to come up with a reason for going home. But...with Yatsuhashi out of her ball already, he knew that was impossible...and he was the one who let her out in order to give him the confidence to do this..a sigh left him as he stood there.

"Slow and steady at least?" Mochi asks as he glances at the normal type.

Strong arms were folded and a look came to the kangaskahn's face before they nodded in agreement. Very well, at least she wasn't going to force him to try and speed run through this place. Letting another breathe go, Mochi slowly walked into the cave's mouth. His pokemon following behind him; to ensure he didn't try to immediately run out.
@luna@rose

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 7:20:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","lovegood"]
The past few days had been an absolute whirlwind! First, Luna left home with Bear. Then they went south to Petalburg, hung out for a minute, got on a boat, got seasick because apparently that was something Luna had in her blood (even though she was oddly excited about that), and found herself in Dewford, where, surprise surprise, she heard of a brilliant little cave nearby.

Now, the normal person would hear dark spooky cave and walk the other way without a second thought, but Luna felt the fire light inside of her. "Okay Bear! Our first Pokemon! Are you ready?!" she was ecstatic, grinning at her bagged fire mouse, whose giant nose was poking out.

A squeak echoed back, and with a toothy grin, the blue-haired beauty quickly raced in the sand, with honest effort due to how different sand was from solid ground.

By the point she made it to the mouth of the cave, Luna was physically exhausted. With a few pants and moments to catch her breath, she looked up only to see the back of a Kangaskhan. And just like that, Luna felt something she hadn't in awhile. A surfacing memory of a dark spooky person at night, entering her home. Tall. Giant. With it came the most guttural shriek she could muster, echoing off the walls of the cave, the acoustics enough to add to the sheer level of terror. The volume was loud enough to freak Ghost Pokemon out, surely!

Luna was on the ground, pupils dialated, as she placed her hands over her head. Her whole body was shaking with such visceral, raw fear. Hopefully, no one else witnessed the pure terror in her voice.

Well, Bear did, and he immediately, attempted nuzzling into the back of her neck from his bagged position.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".lovegood"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".lovegood b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#32CD32; [/newclass]
[newclass=".lovegood i"]font-style:italic;color:#00FF7F; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 7:27:33 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
The shriek behind him caused his eyes to go wide before he too screamed. Why was someone screaming in here?!!! WHY did he even come here?!!! Jumping out of his skin almost, Mochi spun round to see a girl. Now his kangashakn was just as shocked as he was but she didn't let a sound leave her. Instead the more tough love mother pokemon spun round, seeing the girl and her pokemon. At his shrieking though, a pokeball opened on it's own and a chansey appeared.

Landing on his rear, Mochi looked pale as he shuddered there. The chansey tilted her head and looked to survey the scene, a lower voice interjected into the strange situation and the Kangaskan looked to their comrade. The two pokemon started to have a conversation before seeming to switch spots, the khangaskan went over to Mochi. Looking over before a firm slap was applied to his cheek.

"Hey!" Mochi responded quickly though he cringed slightly as the normal type glared at him.

The chansey on the other hand took a few steps toward Luna, a gentle voice leaving it as it seemed to be trying to inquire if she was okay. As the round pink pokemon tried to find a way to console the female trainer without getting closer; personal bubble and all. Mochi came to his senses more and took notice of what was happening. A small sigh left him as he rubbed his cheek and stood up.

"Uh...you....you okay m...Miss?" Mochi stammered out.

@luna
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 7:57:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Suddenly, she saw pink. Her vision taken away from the Kangaskhan, to a rounder, shorter, and pinker Chansey. The lass would blink, gazing back up and forth for a moment, before the master of these two piped up, with a small stutter.

All tension and fear deflated like a dry soufflé, and her heart rate was slowly returning to normal. Bear's nuzzling helped too.

"Sorry! I don't... know what happened." she looked away, a tad worried. Maybe her parents were right about the need for therapy... as she got herself up, brushing off the lack of composure, she gave a quick cough, and with a moment's reprieve, her excited composure made a comeback.

The excitement was shaky at first, her head craning up and down with the new Pokemon in sight. "Wow, you have such lovely Pokemon!" she exclaimed, a warm voice getting her back on track. That would help the stuttering brunette calm his nerves!

"My name is Luna, by the way! And this-" she opened her bag, and scooped up Bear, the tiny fire mouse squeaking as she held it in front of herself like a stuffed animal "-is Bear!" she finished.

Bouncing on her heels, she didn't pay even a notice at all to their surroundings...

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 23:12:45 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
"Maybe I'm not overracting with the whole 'it's a day scary cave, I don't want to go in'?" Mochi respods as he looks to his kangaskhan, the normal type folded her arms as she narrowed her gaze at her human.

"Kanga, skhan an." Yatsuhashi commented, whatever she said made Mochi straighten somewhat and fiddle with his fingers.

"Thanks. This is Yatsuhashi." the young man pointed to the kangaskahn. "And this is Sakuramochi."

With the second name, he pointed to the chansey. Sakuramochi gave a smile, happy to see that the young lady was doing much better now; having overcome whatever it was that made them scream. Mochi was surprised by how fast she changed gears but he knew better than to point that out. When she showed off the fire pokemon, Mochi's eyes lit up slightly.

"Oh! I know this one!! It's uh...uh..." Mochi started though he was blanking on the species name. "Oh I know this...it's the fire starter from Jhoto..."

Sadly he couldn't figure out the name and he sighed, giving up slightly with a weak shrug.

"I'm Mochi, it's very nice to meet both of you." Mochi answered.

@luna
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 3:15:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD COPPERAJAH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHEER FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEAVY SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DIG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRENGTH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] & @luna

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MUDBRAY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STAMINA
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUPERPOWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEGA KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]IRON DEFENSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAVY SLAM

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 4:41:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Now that there was nothing to worry about, Luna could enjoy talking quietly to this boy, his Kangaskhan, named Yatsuhashi, and his Chansey, named Sakuramochi. There was a reflective smile from pink to blue, as Luna's lips curved up, but when she held up Bear, it stumped the boy.

A small giggle, and Luna responded. "Oh, he's a Cyndaquil." Bear responded with a flourish, all four legs outstretched.

With Mochi's name, that was all the introductions. So Luna would ask, without even missing a beat. "It's wonderful to meet you too! Say, do you mind if we hang with you for a little? It would make this dark spooky cave just a little brighter!" Her emerald eyes blinked behind her blue bangs, her slightly shiny lips curved in that permanent smile that only grew after seeing Sakuramochi's. Bear squeaked in approval, no longer having to worry about Luna if with such a capable young man and the imposing giants he had around him.

Two shadows appeared from behind Mochi. Luna caught a glimpse, and while the big one seemed a staggering nine feet tall, her gaze was focused on something a third of its size.

"Ooooh! Mochi look!"

With it she pointed behind them, and quickly walked towards the shorter of the two, not paying much mind to the elephant Pokemon and more focused on the donkey Pokemon. And the little donkey would give off a "Hee-haw" of its own, excited to have attention on her. Luna was starry-eyed, as knelt down and looked over the donkey.

"Oh she is so pretty... I'm naming you Applejacks! You want to be my first catch?!" The bright blue sunny girl called out, a toothy grin on her face, plastered with joy. As she got up, and set Bear down, Bear got in position, shooting flames from his back. The two had never battled before!

The Mudbray returned with a confident "Heeee-haw!"

Things went downhill when the Mudbray Mega-Kick'd Bear into the wall of the cave, Luna's brain not even registering how fast the Cyndaquil got bopped. When she blinked, and turned around, she almost cried out. "Bear? You okay?"

Bear was shaking it off. A weak, hurt little squeak hung in the air, and Luna regained her composure with shaken confidence.

"Okay... right, first battle. I got this! Bear... um... Flame Wheel!" Another Mega Kick came their way, this time from the hindlegs of the Mudbray, but Bear was quick to it this time, ducking underneath the legs and beginning to ignite the flame on his back again, a direct hit, as Bear rolled forward. It wasn't that effective, but Luna didn't know that!

"... hm. Okay! New plan! Bear, Smokescreen her face!" It was as quick as that, as Luna watched Bear jump up and puff that smokescreen from his back and hitting the Mudbray square between the eyes.

While it was blind, Luna took out a Pokeball, and flung it at the little donkey. "Gotcha!"

Her gaze was fixated on Mochi's own endeavors... if the elephant was more his speed!

(edit: Attempting to catch Mudbray!)

close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2021 5:35:50 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
"Right! Sorry, not sure why that escaped me for so long." Mochi replied. "I ended up looking up all the starter pokemon when I was little trying to learn more about Yokan. Only reason why I know your friend Bear, normally originates in Johto."

The offer to team up to deal with the cave was a good idea. His kangaskhan shook her head slightly, somewhat disappointed that Mochi wasn't going to end up doing this on his own; to a degree. Welp, so much for a self confidence exercise. Sakuramochi went over to the other pokemon, gently patting them on shoulder to soothe their partner.

"Yes, that would be great." mochi agreed. "This place is creepy..."

Swiftly enough, things kicked off as Luna pointed excitedly to something behind him. Mochi turned though his eyes went wide as he spotted the large elephant pokemon rather than the small donkey Luna had been pointing out. The large trunk of the elephant pokemon swung it's trunk as it let out a mighty bellow.

"Oh inscense sticks..." Mochi muttered nervously as the color left his face.

Course, Sakuramochi was quick to pounce over to her trainer and pull him to the side. A might swing of the Copperajah's trunk just missing him due to that. His heart sped up as this was also his first pokemon battle. It wasn't something he partook in a lot, so...now he was just terrified.

"KANGA!!" Yatsuhashi yelled as she rushed over, gesturing with her head at the large elephant to try and get him to focus.

"Uh....righ..right!" mochi stammered as he shook his head, trying to get his head on straight. "Double hit just...just becareful!!"

Yatsuhashi adjusted their stance before they rushed the elephant pokemon. It let out another loud bellow as it noticed the kangaskhan approach it. It reared up onto it's large hind legs, using HEAVY SLAM to try and crush this opponent. Yatsuhashi. thankfully noticed the adjustment in it's own stance and moved to the side. The ground cracking underneath the pure steele type as it hit the ground. With her tail glowing, the kangaskhan swung her tail once. The blow hitting the pokemon's face and swung a second time, once more hitting it's face. A normal type move wouldn't do much. However the elephant found itself stuck; as it's leg had broken through the ground.

Sakuramochi tugged on her trainer's coat and pulled out a empty pokeball for her trainer. Taking the item, Mochi had a pale face still as he glanced at the large pokemon. Watching it raise it's trunk to prepare a second attack. Not knowing what else to do, Mochi threw it at the large beast.

@luna
Notes:
attempting to catch Copperajah
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 1:41:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DURANT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWARM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUG BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]IRON HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]X-SCISSOR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY CUTTER

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAGNETON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TRI ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLASH CANNON
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL SOUND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LOCK-ON

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 2:42:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The smoke cleared before too long. As Bear shakily splayed out on the ground of the cave, Luna was fixated with raw determination, as if even her will to want this little donkey would change the result. But as the smoke cleared... only the Pokeball remained. Not a shake to be had.

An audible gasp and a squee, as she rushed to pick the small red ball up, holding it in her hand. Her face reflected glee, as she held it up. "We did it! We caught her! Bear! Mochi!"

Luna scooped up the small Cyndaquil and raced to Mochi, not even thinking about the elephant Pokemon that disappeared, as she bounced up and down, excitement and stars in her eyes. "We caught a Pokemon!"

She couldn't stop bouncing, not for a second, too laser-focused on Mochi, his Pokemon, Bear, and the new Pokeball in her hands the little donkey Applejack was now inside of. She was over the moon, and beyond.

(Skipping)

close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2021 2:46:54 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
A few blinks left him as Mochi stood there. His kangaskhan scooped up the pokeball and brought it over to him, smiling with pride. As if she just watched a baby kangaskhan leave the pouch on it's own for the first time. Timidly, he accepted the pokeball and held it in his hand. It felt no different...granted he knew there was a pokemon in there. The happy sounds from his chansey reached him and he looked to see her bouncing about; just like how Luna was doing. Slowly, Mochi got over his shock of the whole situation. Taking note that Luna caught her own pokemon.

"Congrats." mochi told her, giving a smile.

Though he noticed the two new pokemon glaring at the two teens. Their sleep was probably disturbed, so Mochi went over to Luna, and tried to tap her on the shoulder.

"We...we should probably keep going...just in case." Mochi whispered to her and with that he'd slowly start to go further in.

Taking his time in order for Luna to catch up.

@luna
notes:
Skipping as well
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 3:26:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RHYPERIOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SOLID ROCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEGAHORN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STONE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HORN ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK WRECKER

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SANDILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INTIMIDATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWAGGER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DIG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SANDSTORM

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 11:01:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Further in? Luna made a slight chuckle, but when she spun around to face the sight of a steel ant eyeing them down, Luna felt herself quickly doing just that, following Mochi quietly deeper into Granite Cave, hoping they wouldn't find something too problematic. Maybe it was better to call it quits?

But NOTHING prepared her for the heavy tremors she felt before them, as Luna grabbed Mochi's wrist and stopped the boy before he walked too far. Her face was slightly sweating before pulling him behind a rock quickly.

"Mochi!" she whisper-yelled, very quietly attempting to call out to him. "Look!" she peered over a rock, to notice the giant persona of a Rhyperior quickly stepping hard through the tunnel. Her heart rate was going through the roof. Luna was hopefuly to stay out of this big lug's way, because if she were honest, if it came to step on them, it easily could.

"We should just wait for it to pass, right?"

(SKIPPING AGAIN!)

close tab

played by

readlliea

he/him
August 13
Kanto
undetermined
templeworker/daycare
cadet
single
13 height
13 height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mochi
Mochi Watanabe
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 23:37:29 GMT
Mochi Watanabe Avatar
They could end it here...that wouldn't be a bad thing. After all, Mochi finally caught something that was outside of the temple; even if it terrified him in the process. Though, he wasn't sure if Luna would be up for just leaving immedeatly after only catching one. But when the ground started to shake as something walked around, he tensed up again. Was it another cooperajah? That large of a pokemon would make anything shake.

Luna's voice reached him and he did look to see where she was pointing. Oh no...oh dear no. He scooted over to where Luna was and hide behind the large rock.

"yes, let's just let it go by and then..m..maybe we should leave? Unless...unless you want to keep going once the coast is more clear?" MOchi asked.

@luna
notes: skipping too

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 6:41:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
There was a moment to think. Looking at the bipedal rhino constantly walking with that tremor, and thinking about it for a moment... Bear had gotten pretty hurt by Applejack, and it would be in their best interest to leave as soon as possible...

They both a new partner here... grabbing his hand, Luna made a smile.

"Let's go while it's busy! We can always talk outside!" she made a pleasant smile to him, before hopefully pulling him up to run like hell out of the cave, and far and enough away from the big rhino.

One Pokemon caught. That was good enough for Luna!