She, her
October 3
Icirrus City
Bisexual
None yet
Cadet
17 height
17 height
Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack.
awards
42 posts
Ethel Irving DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ethel
Ethel Irving
Threat assessment
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2021 2:54:36 GMT
Ethel Irving Avatar

Ethel knelt in front of the small shrine to Shaymin.

It was fitting that it would be here, of all places on Hoenn. Fortree was a city that was uniquely in harmony with nature, where humankind did not steamroll over nature but rather built with it, preserving habitats for wild Pokemon and creating habitats for citizens. It might have just been Ethel's bias for places that were Pokemon-friendly, but she was in love with the place.

Shaymin was revered as a Pokemon that brought gratitude and preserved nature. How true this was in real life, it was hard to say. After all, people had been seen with Shaymin. But it was still nice to have something to express gratitude to.

The last year had not been kind to Hoenn as a whole. However, there were still things that Ethel was grateful for, and as the festivities continued, she and a few other quiet visitors reminisced.

close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
Threat assessment
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 3:45:16 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Hendrix quietly eyes the small ember burning away the wrapping of his cigarette – the lingering scent of tobacco easing his mind. His eyes are stuck against the clinging ash, knowing that it’ll scatter with the wind with a single nudge.

Without moving his hand, he leans it inwards, taking a large puff, causing the embers to burn away at a rapid pace. He holds the smoke within his lungs for a moment before exasperating a sigh, the entrapped smoke escaping from the confines of his lips.

It’s funny how smoking is permitted in a heavily forested city such as Fortree, but the people don’t seem to mind.

His attention is momentarily caught by the blonde woman kneeling and praying. He doubts the woman is a devout believer, but he’s not here to judge. He almost ignores her before coming to the quick realization that the woman seems suspiciously familiar – as if he’s seen her face somewhere before.

With an arched brow, he approaches her, leaning over from the side. ”Haven’t I seen you before?” he inquires with a scrutinizing gaze.

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Amelia Fisher
She, her
October 3
Icirrus City
Bisexual
None yet
Cadet
17 height
17 height
Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack.
awards
42 posts
Ethel Irving DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ethel
Ethel Irving
Threat assessment
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 17:46:33 GMT
Ethel Irving Avatar

The scent of smoke greeted Ethel before did, making Ethel wrinkle her nose. It wasn't that she was averse to people who smoked, but only that the scent felt unmistakably out of place in the shrine to Shaymin, a being of the environment and nature. Or perhaps it was just Fortree's atmosphere that it clashed with.

Either way, the sharp scent seemed to match the face of the man who approached her and demanded to know if he knew her. She looked up. After all, she was just about done.

She tried frantically and fruitlessly to calm her rapidly beating heart.

"No, I don't believe you have," replied Ethel, smiling politely. "Please excuse me."

And then, she stood up and began to leave.

She didn't run, or even power-walk. That'd make her look suspicious, of course. She should've known she couldn't escape notice from people for too long, but she didn't think that this random guy would be the first person to make her realize...

close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
Threat assessment
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 20:41:45 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Hendrix’s brow furrows and wrinkle close together when the woman looks up at him with a polite and courtly smile, further cementing his assertations about the blonde’s identity. She’s quick to leave and he’s quick to follow – the smell of tobacco never escaping.

”No, no, I do believe I have.” he curtly counters, thinking back to the reports he’s seen while working within Interpol. ”Aren’t you that one girl who’s face was all over the Harmonia Foundation back in Unova?”

His approach is blunt, but with purpose as he’s trying to gauge how the woman might react, especially since he’s blatantly calling her out.

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Amelia Fisher
She, her
October 3
Icirrus City
Bisexual
None yet
Cadet
17 height
17 height
awards
42 posts
Ethel Irving DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ethel
Ethel Irving
Threat assessment
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 21:06:16 GMT
Ethel Irving Avatar

insists, and Ethel cringed inwardly. He tails her, matching her pace and calling her out accurately and brutally. Yikes.

She really would need a better disguise than hair dye and a changed fashion sense. Maybe she should purchase some non-prescription glasses?

"The Harmonia Foundation?" Ethel continues to play dumb. "In Unova? The ones who were some hardcore Pokemon rights group, or something?" She'd done some investigation about what people thought of the scandal here in Hoenn, so far removed from the event, and she drew upon that knowledge now to fake her way out of this encounter.

"I read a news piece about them, a while ago," she said, shrugging. "I hardly remember anything about them now, though."

It was a weak defense, and probably one that'd be seen through quickly and easily if this guy really did know his stuff. Ethel was comforted by the weight of a couple of Pokeballs, but most notably Flavor's, in her pocket. The Salazzle had been curious to see the shrine to Shaymin, but Ethel had been cautious about allowing a poison-type to visit a shrine to a nature deity. It was unfortunate that she had to watch for that boundary, but small steps were the path to redemption, and Flavor had been okay with it.

Now, her Pokeball was vibrating gently. She was still watching, and ready to step in to help if needed.

close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
Threat assessment
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 17:48:23 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
His experience as an Interpol officer and as the Pokken Rider has given him nearly a second sense when trying to tell whether someone’s trying to deflect. As if pretending he didn’t hear her defense or even caring about it, Hendrix bluntly continues. ”Yeah, yeah. I remember. You had a darker hair color, but you were totally on their billboards and flyers.”

Reaching his hand out to stroke his chin, he slightly smiles. ”Speaking of, I recall that the Foundation did some unsavory things back in Unova. So what’re you doing in Hoenn then?” he asks, continuing to heckle the woman.

While Hendrix continues to follow after the girl, he does continue to maintain a fair distance to keep people from interfering with his questions.

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Amelia Fisher
She, her
October 3
Icirrus City
Bisexual
None yet
Cadet
17 height
17 height
awards
42 posts
Ethel Irving DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ethel
Ethel Irving
Threat assessment
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 18:04:48 GMT
Ethel Irving Avatar

Unfortunately, is ruthless and unrelenting, absolutely discarding any notion that he would have bought her lies. Well then. He's spot-on about the darker hair, the region, and the connection to the Harmonia Foundation.

And then he asks a question that makes Ethel's blood boil. What does he mean, "what are you doing?" The implication, especially right after he brings up the unsavory things that the Harmonia Foundation was up to, is not lost on Ethel.

She suppressed the urge to snap back before slowing her pace and turning around. "Nothing like that, I assure you," she says calmly.

And then realized that, despite her illusion that she was in control of the situation, she had just outed herself. Damn it.

Well, there was nothing for it now but to keep going. Where deception wouldn't work, the truth might.

"I didn't know about the unsavory things until the public did. I was intentionally kept in the dark." She doesn't say by whom, or how, or otherwise elaborate. wasn't a topic she was willing to think about at the moment.

"I'm here now because I want to help, to right the wrongs I was part of previously." Ethel stares defiantly back at the man, not glaring but not willing to be pushed around anymore, either.

close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
Threat assessment
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 18:13:26 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
His grin is filled with satisfaction as his expression slightly shifts in a GOT EM! kind of moment. He pulls away the cigarette from his lips, letting it hang between his fingers as he properly eyes the woman from top to bottom.

”So you admit it. You are her.” he tauntingly says as if his assumptions weren’t already a matter of the fact.

The former Interpol officer inwardly scoffs at the woman’s naivety and her admitted ignorance towards the trouble that the Foundation as caused throughout Unova. Quietly dropping the cigarette, he stomps it out before reaching down to pick it back up.

”Yeah? So what have you done to help then?” he retorts rather viciously. ”Hoenn still seems like a shit show considering. And the news network doesn't mention you.” he says, harping back to the chaos that’s ensued thus far.

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Amelia Fisher
She, her
October 3
Icirrus City
Bisexual
None yet
Cadet
17 height
17 height
awards
42 posts
Ethel Irving DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ethel
Ethel Irving
Threat assessment
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 19:11:33 GMT
Ethel Irving Avatar

The man's satisfaction is obvious on his face, and Ethel wants to punch it right off. But he's also taller than her and looks athletic, not to mention it would just be a terrible idea to deck a guy she barely knew.

She doesn't verbally confirm what he says. There's no point. Plus, who knew what was going on here. What if he was somehow recording audio? If a life of celebrity had taught Ethel anything, it was to always behave as if you were on camera, because often, she had been.

Ethel watches as the man drops his cigarette and stomps it out. She almost yelled, but then he picked it back up, which-- well. Not the impression she'd gotten from him, so far.

And then her view of him promptly drops back down as he directs his pointed questions at her. But she keeps her cool. No need to give this guy more ammunition than he already had.

For a moment, she wonders. What has she done to help? Is anything she does in Hoenn really going to match up to the evils she did in Unova, which had ramifications far beyond?

She might not have the answers. But she is confident enough that she's been doing something right since she arrived.

She isn't going to tell him about Lilycove. Better not to attract attention, but...

"Not every way to help is loud and flashy," she says, her calm demeanor still unbroken. "I've been attempting to raise awareness about the unethical treatment of Pokemon, intentional or not, and how to take steps towards remedying it."

She's aware of how this is ironic, but she can't find it in herself to care. It was bred into her to care about Pokemon and work to better their lives, and that's not something she'll ever give up.
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
Threat assessment
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 19:18:09 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
Seeing the woman’s genuine concern over his cigarette causes him to chuckle lightly. He slips it inside his jacket, planning on discarding it properly later. Her overall demeanor thus far paints a picture of a woman dissatisfied and disappointed by her previous affiliation, though he doesn’t fully buy into it.

But, seeing as how she’s interested in helping, he pulls out a business card and hands it over to her. ”Well, if you’re really keen on helping, pay me a visit.”

Hendrix Emmerson – Head Engineer of the Institute of Evol.

He passes her a grin. ”Now, I know it seems weird that an Engineer is requesting your help, but seeing as I was an Interpol officer, I do have my connections and getting a few insights on the Foundation might be useful for a few individuals I know.” he says, quietly referencing his alter-ego as the Pokken Rider.

He promptly gives her a wink as he takes off. ”Think on it!”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,879 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Threat assessment
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 0:08:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: