8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 6:45:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Professor Jabami."

A quiet knock echoes against the door pane as Fernando awaits for permission before entering. He comes today with both a request and new subject matter. After his discussion with , the only other person he can reliably consort with in regards to the unknown is the new Head Scientist. That and his own team of researchers and scientists back at Silph Co. Given that he's already explored that avenue, he opts to use the League as his second pair of eyes as he delves deeper into the world of Pokemon.

"Do you have a moment? I brought you something interesting if you're free."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 7:11:57 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"mm, that's right. is acting head in my absence. if you need anything, she has the capability to provide you with whatever you may need." on the verge of ending one call. a knock on his door would alert him to another.

"same to you."

setting his phone down. he'd look toward the door, ushering for them to come in. to his surprise it was none other than councilman , "councilman," zenji would retake his seat, "if it's something as interesting as the ruins, i'm always free to lend my aid." but did he really have a choice in the matter? he'd let out a slight chuckle.

"forgive me, it's my job now. you have a right to ask for my assistance whenever it's needed, councilman." elbows rested atop of his desk. fingers intertwined to serve as a seat for his chin, he'd ask, "how can i help? does it have something to do with the ancient ruins?" he really hoped 's sudden visit didn't involve him joining a rescue party to save the hoenn explorers.

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 7:26:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Ah." Fernando graces the Head Scientist with a polite smile as he takes his offer on intruding on both the lab space and the Professor's time. "Not quite as interesting as the ruins but interesting to me none-the-less."

He remains standing despite the other taking a seat. From his coat pocket, he reveals a blue disk, a small portion of it covered by a protective electronic chip. "We found these underground. I've done some preliminary investigation of my own and it seems like these are related to PROJECT:BEAST KILLER."

On paper, the fact they work together doesn't necessarily mean they're intertwined. It could be sheer coincidence but why put that thought into the other's head? Let him think, explore, and reveal the juicy results of his labor.

"Are you familiar with the term? Beast Killer?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 8:24:33 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"not that i'm aware of."

zenji had only just settled in. there was an assortment of documented cases he had to shift through. "i haven't had the chance to familiarize myself with everything i should and should not be aware of." at this time such a name was the first of him ever hearing about it. maybe it's because he only recently became an employee of league, so he was still out of the loop.

"but from the name alone one can only assume it was made to kill the unkillable?" every name had a reasoning. for to have brought it up it must be important. "is this some secret league project? are you all planning to hunt the wormhole creatures?"

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 8:47:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Hm."

Fernando knows better than most to temper expectations. Still, to hear that Zenji is unaware of such a title proves disappointing. It makes sense in the grand scheme of things but finding a shortcut onto uncovering more is always a welcome exception. That means his only real lead is , , and . That and the Type:Null still on the loose.

"I actually have no idea. I acquired my Beast Killer from someone else." His admission is met with the tap of a Pokeball. His Silvally, nicknamed Silvy because it's easier to spell, immediate takes a sitting position by his side. The Pokemon seems fraught with discipline, more afraid of Fernando's 'reeducation' more than anything else.

"I suppose the only ones who know are its creators."

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 2:16:05 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]unveiled before him was something that looked genetically modified. it had the body of what one would call a "chimera" pokemon. zenji would take his time examining it from afar. remaining where he sat, he'd stand in order to call out his porygon.

"porygon, initiate protocol: 'pk-iat002', trace on."

as porygon hovered atop of zenji's desk. a visual scan was conducted by the modified porygon; simultaneously, zenji would begin to work on his computer while spoke. a click here, there, and typing everywhere. there was no record of the creature. there was little data on it. wherever this pokemon emerged from, it was unknown.

zenji would then proceed to examine all of what porygon captured and transitioned onto zenji's desktop. "setting the chimeric appearance aside, i'll have to run some tests on it." there was one thing that stood out to him though, but zenji would get into that in a bit. "this is a pokemon that's never been seen nor head of. there's practically no record on it anywhere. " and that wasn't all.

"my biggest worry is that, with little information, there's no way to know on how to combat something like this." removing himself from behind the desk, he'd come to crouch before the silvally. examining it up close and personal with his own eyes. "and you acquired from someone, who? its creator?" zenji would ask curiously. his eyes remaining on the beast killer.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 10:49:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed."

Fernando leaves Zenji to work on his own accord as he hovers behind him, curious and just a wee bit too nosey. "We've several recorded instances of them existing between select trainers. From what little I've discovered between each of them, we're compiling a Pokedex entry back at Silph Co."

When Zenji comes too close to Silvy it starts to shake uncomfortably. It takes a strong amount of restraint to stop itself from lashing out. And, as if to piggyback on its discipline, Fernando snaps at it with a grunt. "Yeuh!" It stop immediately and its eyes dim a bit as it calms down.

"I acquired it from an anonymous trainer on the Global Trade. Paid a small fortune for it too but I couldn't pass up on a Pokemon that's pretty much undiscovered." Fernando places a hand against the fins protruding from its head and coaxes it into relaxing. "The most we know about it are some of its attacks and that it's a normal type."

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 21:19:26 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]his ability to shape pokemon weren't just superficial, they were remarkable. "for this pokemon to have been manmade..." he'd examine the side of its head. "this just shows there are more threats out there than just the rocket," zenji muttered, "thankfully they're gone, but who would go so far as to make something so fascinating yet odious..." and then there were several of them roaming about.

"the beast killer..." he'd examine the pokemon's side once more, "...on the side of its head there's a metallic drive, can that be opened?" he'd try to remain a great feet from the pokemon in order to respect its space, but in doing so he'd search for a button. "first ultra beast, now chimera pokemon formed to eliminate beast? this region sure does have its hands full." it almost made zenji desire to smile. humanity just didn't know when to quit.

"i'd recommend leaving it with me, but i don't think it wishes to separate from its master." the pokemon seemed to be very tethered to fernando. he wondered what sort of training did he put the poor chimera through to get such a result.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 6:45:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed." Where Zenji shows an appropriate and respectful amount of caution, Fernando feels confident to treat it like any other mutt. He's earned that right in showing just what happens to those that disobey. " discovered that these can be opened to slot in certain MEMORY discs. These MEMORIES alter the Pokemon's type and color."

Fernando runs his hand against the metallic surface of the Pokemon. Doing so seems to soothe it despite Fernando's mild scowl. After a few strokes, he gives it a command. "Memory swap, water."

The Pokemon's top dorsal fin turns an aquatic blue alongside its tail fin. It's eyes flash as if to recognize the change before returning to normal. "I have yet to teach it an attack known as 'MULTI-ATTACK' but I'm working on that as well."

A cursory glance at his watch reexamines the time and Fernando pauses.

"I wouldn't mind however Silvy has been known to lash out and show increased aggression without my direct supervision." Once upon a time, it had even turned on him. Fortunately, Silph knows better than to allow such behavior to go unpunished. Sparing the rod only spoils the Pokemon.

"However, I have several other objects of interest I wish for you to work on. I can stop by periodically for you to conduct your studies." He pauses, looking around the lab. "If you don't mind the intrusion, I can also take my breaks and naps here as well to prolong exposure and give you a larger window to work with."

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 7:45:54 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]zenji's expression slightly lit up with glee. what a unique pokemon silvally was. he could tell it was in good hands. "i'm not much of a battler, so this silvally was lucky to fall into such hands as yours." would then speak of another interest that caught zenji's ear, "in exchange for goodies? i'll have a blanket and a pillow ready for you."

especially if it he brought an interesting treat. it was a fair exchange. something to fulfill his mundane time. it was always nice to have a side project every now and then. if there was one thing he appreciated the league for it was their constant amassment of projects.

"if i can add one more thing to our agreement," he'd begin to walk back to his desk, "bring your silvally with you. let's have a test run sometime with a battle. i've the perfect pokemon to aid in its training." plus, he could help with adding onto the data himself. the best way to gain results was to mine for it with your own two hands. "besides, when do you ever find the chance to place it into action?" we wouldn't the poor chimera growing rusty.

while discussing of silvally. enji would remember to keep those goodies fernando mentioned in the back of his mind for now. he wondered what else the councilman possessed. "oh, and by the way, i'll do my best to keep my eye out for any drives that may come up. the excavation team have a knack for finding unique items during their digs."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 8:07:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Perhaps." It's good to remain humble and Fernando shrugs off the compliment as nothing more than flattery. Anything to minimize the truth that his greed knows no bounds. While sharing isn't out of the question, keeping these Pokemon out of the hands of trainers that would squander their attention is something he cannot affront. "But nothing more than a lucky coincident for me."

Zenji's enthusiasm behind his offer almost makes Fernando want to rescind it. Something about eccentric scientist warn him against trusting them too much. It reminds him of Anya to a degree but he stomachs his gut feeling under the understanding that it's nothing more than an ill informed instinct. "Indeed."

His interest in seeing Zenji's 'perfect' Pokemon arouses his curiosity but he wait to let the scientist surprise him.

"Actually, I let it feature in some of my Gym battles. It might be a bit frowned upon but teaching it that it's us against the world, that other have no qualms with harming it and that I'm the only one it can rely on has done wonders for its domestication." He continues to pet the Pokemon, primed to the school of thought that physical comfort also furthers their bond as well.

"Ah." The mention of MEMORIES is met with a grateful nod and smile. "Thank you. I hope we can pool them together to discover their origins and power. Among the Silvys that I'm familiar with mine should be the most tamed; , , , and should own the others."

He doesn't bat an eye at the mention of Annie Mei. He cares little for inconsequential children. "And the one that's on the loose in Slateport."

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 9:39:34 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]porygon remained vigilant. watching intently as everything, making an insightful note for later. "head ranger, elite, and councilman." well they were all definitely in the right hands. he had little to worry about then. "i trust in them to do what's needed, so i hold little worry." his job wasn't needed then. there was little he needed to uncover.

"the only thing i can tell you is that, being an artifical pokemon, i don't think silvally is capable of mega evolution." that was just an assumption based on observation and research. "but that's just mere assumption due to what we know so far about mega evolution." looking back to the silvally, he'd add, "but i think anything's possible, and silvally is living proof of that." a manmade pokemon? it was still unfathomable.

"what else do you have for me, anything earthshattering besides a chimera pokemon?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RKS
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 10:45:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Agreed." Fernando finds nothing wrong with his assessment. From what they know about Mega Evolution, even the inorganic Pokemon that can transform have been well documented as being existent long before the first anomaly based Pokemon. At least for now.

"I've actually been looking into that," Fernando passes casually. "I've been interested to see if we could coerce any Pokemon into Mega Evolving. I've explored the possibility with Porygon myself but have came up short every time."

With the other Head Scientist, all of them have proved either too neurotic or anti-social to prove a liability. The only exception is , who Fernando regards with a modicum of caution when trying to squeeze information out of. Zenji, until now, proves to be in the same boat. He's too 'normal', rather sociable, to not share his research. How much can he give him?

For now, the answer is very little.

"I have several other odd Pokemon I've come to collect over time. Silph Co. is doing its own research—I would love your input but such matters are confidential." He pauses, smiling. "Have you uncovered anything new in regards the Megalopolan's Poipole or the Heatran that have recently been discovered?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights