Back In Hoenn

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 8:09:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The plane ride back to Hoenn was long and exhausting, Dakota's entire body felt sore after sitting inside a cramped airplane for eight hours. He took a moment to briefly stretch out his shoulders and neck. He had been hoping to get some rest after the flight, but since he had always been diligent in his field Dakota figured it would be easiest to set up a few days prior before  he actually got back to work. 
[break][break] Normally Dakota would be very eager to be back in Hoenn, he had been away for a good three years after all. But he knew that the region was still in a war like state, and it made him worry how the future of his home would turn out. Another reason why he wasn't all to eager was because of the difference in the weather. He spent a majority of his time in Circhester, - one of the coldest places in Galar. It would take some time for Dakota to adjust to Fallabors hot temperatures. 
[break][break]
He finally spotted out building he would be staying at over the next few days. It was fortunate for Dakota that he had good connections with in the scientific community, they always provided housing and well pay. Picking up his light brief case with his right hand, he beckoned vulpix with his left. Dakota glanced back, and wasn't surprised that the alolan vulpix was moving a lot slower then she used to. While she could easily cool herself off, the vulpix still needed some time adjusting to the heat of Fallabor. Though Dakota was taken by surprise when he noticed how Vulpix suddenly had energy to sprint off towards another person. Dakota quickly followed after his vulpix, sweating and panting immensely as he did so. After finally managing to catch up, he saw that his vulpix had lovingly rubbed up against a strangers legs. Her eyes filled with immeasurable joy stared towards very happy to be reunited. 
[break][break] 
"Sorry about her.. I don't know why she got so excited suddenly.." Dakota panted out towards Arthur, slowly meeting his gaze and then realizing who it had been. He didn't believe his eyes, and involuntary spoke out. "Arthur?!"

+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
mirror, mirror on the wall
45 height
45 height
IN THE PALACE OF VERSAILLES, BEFORE THE FALL
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
arthur finnian vanderbilt
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 6:06:12 GMT
arthur finnian vanderbilt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

Don't ask him how he knew, he just did.

[break][break] He was Arthur Finnian Vanderbilt. He had connections.

[break][break] The blond smiled brightly as the Vulpix ran towards him and he dropped to his knees as the fox pokemon rubbed herself adoringly against his ankles. He reached over and ruffled her between the ears, an affectionate gesture. He didn't have one of these himself, though they did have one as part of the family collection. When he'd left, he thought about stealing one, but he knew Mother would have noticed.

[break][break] "Arthur?!"

[break][break] "How many times do I have to tell you, Kota? Arthur is my dad." He huffed, pushing himself to his feet. "It's Artie," he said empathetically, hand on his hips.

[break][break] So what if Artie had broken his way into the room @dakota was staying at. It wasn't like it was hard.

[break][break]

+

[newclass=.artie]font:11px roboto;--accent:#69eefe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.artie]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 9:31:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He could tell that Arthur was enjoying teasing him, Dakota never was able to handle Arthur, some of the things he said and did were so surprising to Dakota that he'd always feel flustered. He recalled the times where Arthur had him finish his homework for him, he was never good at saying no. "Heh.. I've known you for a while now so.." He told Arthur with a chuckle. Looking over towards the vulpix who's tail gently swayed back and forth.
[break][break]
Dakota felt slightly irritated at Arthurs words, but decided to let it go. His vein twitching at the sound of Arthur calling him Kota once again. Still, he ignored it. "Well, I would of If I had your number." Normally Dakota had been fine flying in economy, though remembering the screaming kids on the flight changed his stance on that.
[break][break]
Noticing how Arthur grew silent upon mentioning his family, Dakota gave him a solemn look. He knew that Arthur had always been pressured being the sole male to the throne, he was able to understand the need of a vacation. Letting out a sigh, Dakota wondered if he should have said anything. "I understand, just.." The memory of Arthur's worried mother flashed into his head. "just try and contact more." He finished curtly. And changed the topic, "In any case.. it's good to see you again. " He gave a sincere smile, just relieved to know he was okay. That's what mattered after all. "I'm surprised you came to Hoenn of all places." Considering all of the regions problems, he was surprised that Arthur chose to run off to here.

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 14:46:16 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

"What do you meaaan?" The Circhester prince whined, looking rather undignified. "I heard you were in Hoenn, so I came to visit. Simple as that."

[break][break] And perhaps, if he wasn't Arthur Finnian Vanderbilt, things might have been as simple as that.

[break][break] Ignoring quite the metaphorical elephant in the room, the blond turned around and surveyed the space that @dakota was now going to occupy. Honestly, it wasn't too bad — though, it was nothing like the palace, but it was still pretty good, all things considered.

[break][break] He plopped himself on a nearby armchair, throwing his legs onto the stool. "How was your flight? Did you fly business?" Frankly, Artie figured that was a step down. When he'd come, he'd at least been able to charter the family plane.

[break][break]

+

[newclass=.artie .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.artie .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 19:03:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"That's unexpected coming from you" Dakota's cheeks got rosy.He abruptly turned his head to conceal his blush. Though he still doubted that it was the sole case of his sudden visit. Dakota didn't even know how Arthur found out when he was coming and where he would be staying. Clearing his throat Dakota responded to his question "I flew in economy entire way. " As for the flight, well Dakota preferred not to speak about the screaming kids the entire way here, he couldn't get a single wink of sleep.

[break][break]

"Why are you in Hoenn?" He was only curious to know what made Arthur leave Circhester, not that Dakota could do anything to force him back. "They miss you. " He added, glancing at the vulpix who still lovingly rubbed herself against Arthur.

+

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 19:53:14 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

Part of why he liked @dakota so much was because he was so fun to tease. The blush rose to the other man's cheeks, and Artie couldn't help but smile. Though, this wasn't something he was going to tell him. At least not yet.

[break][break] "Aw," he said, resting his elbows on his knees and looking up at the other with fluttering lashes. "You think you know me that well, Ko - Dakota?" He'd called him Finn before, so trying was the least he could do.

[break][break] The blond gave a gasp as the other said the most sinful thing ever. "Economy?" He clicked his tongue in disapproval, shaking his head as he sat up again and then leaned over to pick up the Vulpix and place it in his lap. "A shame. I thought better of you, Kota." Oops. Oh well. "You could've given me a call. I'd of given you my card." Well not his card, but the family card, but it was all the same difference anyway.

[break][break] His fingertips ran through the fox's soft fur, but then stilled.

[break][break] "They miss you. "

[break][break] He paused. Ten texts from his Mother just in the last week. Twenty from Father, and another hundred from the family Butler.

[break][break] "I miss them too," he quipped back a second later and then inclined his head to the side before looking at @dakota . "But I needed a vacation. You get that, right?"

+

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 21:04:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Dakota had always struggled when it came to dealing with Arthur. He had trouble saying no to things, and when Arthur asked him to do stuff, he often complied. Just like the time where Dakota had to finish Arthur's homework, even though he was suppose to teach the material. Noticing that he was having fun teasing him, Dakota let out a frenzy of coughs trying to switch the topic. "Ah.. I really need to stop smoking." He tried to play the coughing off with the excuse of him smoking all the time.
[break][break]
"Heh.. That's what I'd like to believe, known you for a while now." He responded with a nervous chuckle, giving the vulpix a look to see what she was doing. Dakota never understood why vulpix was so fond of Arthur, but figured it was due to his charm. Dakota felt irritation rising throughout his body upon hearing Arthur's words. He began to angrily chuckle upon hearing Arthur call him Kota again. "Well, please forgive me as I did not have your contact saved." Normally he was okay with flying economy, but the screaming kids made him consider other wise.
[break][break]
Upon seeing Arthur pause, Dakota grew silent. He had been worried for Arthur once his mother told him that he went missing. But Dakota figured it was only natural, he was under a lot of pressure being the sole male heir for the kingdom after all. Maybe they pushed him beyond his limits. "I understand just.." The image of Arthur's worried mother flashed into his mind. "Just contact them more." He finished with a sigh. Dakota wondered why Arthur would come to Hoenn of all places for a vacation. The vulpix noticed that Arthur seemed to be upset and gave him a few licks on his chin to try and comfort him.
[break][break]
In any case, Dakota was glad that Arthur was fine. "It's good to see you again, but.. how the heck did you get in here."

+

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 21:25:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

"Yeah, you should." Artie nodded empathetically to the other's plight, when he brought up smoking. His fingers ran through the Vulpix's fur, absently. "I probably should too." Did Dakota know he smoked? He couldn't remember. Then again, he probably didn't — most of the royal family didn't know, and his mother certainly didn't know. Or maybe it was like with most things, that the Queen just preferred to look the other way.

[break][break] "Not that I'm going to," he said, with a trademark grin. "It's way too fun."

[break][break] Like a lot of things were too fun. God, a smoke did sound pretty good right about then.

[break][break] But nah, Artie had other things to deal with. Like the fact that Dakota didn't have his number! He gasped a little, and then clicked his tongue again in disapproval. Demandingly, he placed his hand palm-up to the other, fingers curling in "come hither" motion. "That's blasphemous. Give me your phone. I'll put it in." He couldn't do without not having Dakota's number. Who was he going to send memes to at 3AM? Well, there was .

[break][break] Absently, as he typed in his number, Artie was distracted by the other's words but then he looked up. He blinked. Then he slid his phone towards the other, watching it spin across the wooden countertop. "I contact them plenty. Look yourself, I just responded to Lily and Nessie less than an hour ago. Plus, they follow me on Insta too. " He talked to his little sisters all the time. Mother and Father? Well... unimportant, as far as Artie was concerned. If they really needed him, they knew how to contact him. He wouldn't have had a choice in the matter, and Artie was well aware of it.

[break][break] The Vulpix reached up to lick his cheek to comfort him, and it worked. He calmed down, and leaned back in the chair, giving a big sigh. "So, I guess, you saw those articles?" He huffed. "And they couldn't even get my good side! Those pictures are from weeks ago." He looked at @dakota with a pout. "I got new shoes."

[break][break] As if to make a point, he lifted one of his Louis Vuitton shoes at the researcher. They shimmered beneath the room's translucent light, having recently been shined. He set them back down again, and then sat up in the chair, cuddling the Vulpix against his breast. "Hm?" he said, and then blinked. Man, for such a smart guy, Kota could sometimes be so dense.

[break][break] He blinked owlishly. "I walked in the door, of course."

[break][break] Well, maybe that wasn't the entire story but as far as Arthur Finnian Vanderbilt was concerned... hardly relevant to the matter at hand.

+

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 22:17:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Since when have you been smoking.." Dakota glared towards Arthur, giving him a questionable look. He didn't smoke for fun, he had addiction problems but if that was the case for Arthur it should be easier for him to stop. Dakota's gaze wandered he hadn't look to Arthur so didn't know that he'd demand for his phone. Upon noticing that he was wanting something from him, Dakota blinked a few times. "I'm not giving you a cigarette.. " He clenched at his jean pocket, thinking that somehow Arthur would manage to nab them.
[break][break]
He later realized that Arthur wanted his phone not a smoke. Feeling stupid from the misunderstanding, he fumbled around and placed the phone into his hand. Grumbling to himself, he didn't really want Arthur's contact but he knew that he wasn't one to let up so easily. Blinking a couple times as he watched Arthur type in his number, Dakota felt a little panicked when he slid the phone onto the table carelessly. Luckily Dakota managed to catch the phone before it fell onto the floor. He scratched his chin at Arthur's response, "Ohh, I - I see.. " He stammered with an anxious laugh. Glancing towards the series of interesting text messages that Arthur sent to his sisters.
[break][break]
Staring at the number Arthur just put in, he tucked away his phone and looked back to Arthur when he mentioned the articles. "Oh yes I did see them.. I wouldn't worry to much though media companies always tend to.." Dakota thought that Arthur was angry because the articles had lots of false information, so he was a little shocked when Arthur was actually mad about the photographers not catching his good side. Dakota nodded slowly, "They sure did you an injustice." Taking a look at the new shoes Arthur had mentioned he once again sheepishly laughed.
[break][break]
As for how he came into his room, well that wasn't the answer Dakota had been expecting. "Oh oh! oh!" He repeated a few times, his face reddening. "I see I see. Yes, I see." He cleared his throat, glancing around the room in a daze. He beckoned for the vulpix to come and sit by him instead of Arthur, but the vulpix simply turned away her head - outright refusing to leave Arthur.

"... Anyways... I succeeded in reviving a arctozolt"

+

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 7:18:06 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

Artie hummed.

[break][break] "Maybe a few years ago?" His head tilted to the side. "I was, like seventeen. And Thomas — Tommy, you remember him? We went to your lab together once." Thomas Bennett — a nobleman's son, equally as cocky and self-entitled as Artie himself, with none of the worth to prove it. He was a few years older than Artie in school, but had been kept back a year - maybe multiple - because he couldn't pass his exams. Now, Artie wasn't the type to judge — but you had to be a certain kind of stupid to not pass your exams.

[break][break] Well, he had his uses.

[break][break] "He taught me. At first, I thought it was gross — " His nose wrinkled at the memory. "But, you know me, I got the hang of it eventually." He winked at @dakota .

[break][break] The other's flustered nature went unnoticed by Artie, at least momentarily as he occupied himself with tapping his number in the other's phone, also going as far to quickly download Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook, just in case the other didn't have it, and made sure that he followed Artie and on all said platforms. Kota was pretty smart, but something told him, he was stupid when it came to these things.

[break][break] "Maybe I can ask you to take a photo," Artie said, pausing, as he returned his phone back to the other. "You good with a camera?" Though, it wouldn't really matter. Artie knew that he would shine — how could he not?

[break][break] The blond laughed as the other grew red in the face at his joke. It was so fun teasing him, how could he not? "What would you do without me?" he said, leaning his face into his palm again, gazing at the other affectionately. However, Artie leaned back with surprise as the other mentioned a... "An act of what?" His brows knitted together in confusion, head cocked to the side.

+

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 20:57:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Tommy..." Dakota said in distaste, he remembered the kiddo well. Him and Arthur combined, well it wasn't easy dealing with two kids who were royalty. Dakota wasn't really fond of Tommy anyway, he always thought that he was on top of the world. The same thing could be said about Arthur, but at least Arthur was somewhat kinder. "Well.. " He blinked, not sure what else to say. "Uh well.. don't do it to often." He advised a little unsure of the advice he gave Arthur. Staring blankly as Arthur continued to snoop through his phone, Dakota honestly didn't mind since he didn't have anything to hide. And he didn't really use the phone in the first place.
[break][break]
He scoffed as he grabbed his phone once, more. "Of course I can take a photo, it's simple." He told Arthur confidently, taking a few seconds to pull up the camera. He held the phone out at Arthur, clicking on the capture button. Dakota realized that he failed to swap the camera to look at Arthur, he took a photo of himself instead. "Whoops, I took a photo of myself by accident. " He said with a chuckle, fidgeting with the phone again. "3, 2, 1. smile. " He said in a deadpan voice, a flash onto Arthur as he took the photo.
[break][break]
He quickly tossed the phone back to Arthur, failing to notice that the photo of Arthur was incredibly blurry. "Simple" He responded his confidence growing. He was a little surprised when Arthur accused him of being incapable of doing anything. "Huuuh? I can do plenty without your help." Dakota stammered out, and didn't sound to convincing. He was a little confused when Arthur mentioned an act, Dakota never said anything about acts.. "I never said anything about acts.. I said I got an arctozolt" He figured that Arthur misunderstood him like usual.
[break][break]
He pulled out it's pokeball and released it. Emerging from the pokeball was a large dinosaur like pokemon, who glanced around in a daze. "It's not very smart, but still a fascinating pokemon."

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 7:00:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

It was a little bit hypocritical, one might think, to give Artie such advise that Dakota couldn't even bother to follow himself. After all, the younger Jambini's smoking addiction was no secret. Or at least, Artie didn't think so.

[break][break] He decided he was going to be nice today and let it go. Instead, he saved the information for some other time, where he could push the other's buttons.

[break][break] Artie laughed as @dakota took the phone and they did a mini photoshoot. The boy was sure to use all different poses as well — crossing his legs, tilting his head and smiling, and even throwing up a piece sign at one of them. Of course, none of these poses amounted to anything because, as Dakota returned the phone to him to show, it was all very blurry.

[break][break] Perhaps the prince might have commented on it, but instead, the conversation shifted to some thing called an Arctozolt?

[break][break] "An arctowhat?" Artie blinked. It sounded stupid, and not at all like the cool pokemon that the researcher made it out to be. As Dakota released the pokemon into the air, and it materialized into view, Artie was even less convinced.

[break][break] "It looks..." He searched his brain for vocabulary to describe what he saw. Stupid? Broken? Messed up? He looked like Lily's first drawing of him, and Lily could be forgiven for that, since she had only been three at the time. "Stupid. It looks stupid." He frowned, and then sighed. "Let me show you something actually cool. I was in the market the other day, and found a really awesome paperweight. Well, it's more like a rock, but I think it would make a great paperweight."

[break][break] The blond shuffled into his bag, which was on the table and leaning against the wall, before pulling out what @dakota woul recognize as a Aerodactyl fossil. Ignorant as ever, Artie grinned. "Cool, isn't it?"

+

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 1:13:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Arthur's reaction was expected. In all honesty, the acrozolt wasn't the smartest pokemon to have existed but Dakota still found it fascinating. "An Actrozolt" Dakota repeated, extending his hand at the pokemon for it to curiously sniff at. "Went extinct long ago, because it's movements were very slow. Without help it wont live for long " He began to ramble a little, unsure how this all sounded to Arthur. Whenever he talked about fossils Dakota often kept talking until the persons ear fell off. One thing that is truly fascinating is the way it generates electricity.. I haven't met a pokemon that classified as both Ice, and electric." He continued softly stroking it's head. "Galar fossils are very unique very different from hoenns - huh?" As he spoke he didn't really pay attention to Arthur, Dakota could care less about the paper weight he had found.
[break][break]
However when Arthur placed it down onto the table, Dakota's eyes widened at the sight of it. "Oh wow! An Old Amber Fossil?" Dakota blinked cowering down to get a closer look at it. The fossil seemed to be in decent shape, it made Dakota want to try and revive the pokemon. "This isn't any paper weight, it's a fossil." He told Arthur lifting it up to try and inspect it more. An Aerodactyl to be exact, I didn't think you'd find them in Hoenn.. very very fascinating."
[break][break]
The arctozolt stumbled towards Arthur, giving the human a curious blink. Being a little courageous then usual, lowering it's massive head he sniffed at Arthur and gave him a little nudge against the neck. Dakota glanced over and watched the pokemon interact with Arthur with great interest, Dakota quickly wandered over towards his brief case and pulled out a notebook. Quickly writing down the observed behavior of the pokemon, "Very interesting, arctozolt never really showed any interest in me before.. " Dakota mentioned a little bit depressed. Both his vulpix and arctozolt seemed to favor Arthur over him, ahh it was all too depressing.

[break][break]
"Oh yeah! About the fossil, leave it with me Arthur. If all goes well I may be able to revive an aerodactyl for you." Calling him Arthur was unintentional and Dakota didn't even realize he called him by the name again. "Do you know what an aerodactyl is?" He figured that Arthur would know, he wasn't completely stupid after all.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
45 height
45 height
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 2:53:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]

@dakota rambled, and as per usual, Artie barely listened to him. He'd grown used to it, having spent many hours in the other man's lab as a teenager, trying to get out of homework at any possible chance. That being said, as he leaned into his hands to listen to him, he had to admit that he was sort of cute. In an incredibly nerdy way, of course.

[break][break] It was a good thing that there was no quiz at the end of this lecture, 'cause Artie would not have done well.

[break][break] He blinked, however, as Kota leaned in close and suddenly exclaimed that his very cool paperweight was not a paperweight but a dumb fossil. His brows knitted together. "Uh," he said, frowning. "You sure? I'm pretttty sure it's just a rock."

[break][break] The Vanderbilt heir yelped when he felt something cold against his neck. He jumped out of his chair, bringing the Vulpix along with it and then hid behind Dakota. "Um," he said. It wasn't often that he felt flustered. "You can have his interest, thank you very much." He ran his fingers through the Vulpix fur to soothe himself more than anything.

[break][break] Artie wanted nothing to do with that weird, ugly pokemon.

[break][break] That's why he was grateful for the distraction. "Huh? Oh no, this is my paperweight," he said, trying to pull the fossil from the other's grasp. "It doesn't matter how much I like you, Kota, I'm not gonna let you steal it."

+

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Back In Hoenn
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 8:14:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Dakota pondered how Arthur got his hands onto this valuable fossil, it wasn't an everyday thing for a kanto pokemon to be found all the way in hoenn. not unusual but not very common. Looking at the fossil from multiple angles Dakota was able to tell that it was pretty well preserved, it should easily be able to be revived. How does this look like a paper weight?! At least to Dakota he easily determined that it was a an old amber due to the glossy look. He somewhat understood why Arthur took a liking to it. He tilted his head when Arthur suddenly ducked behind him, "Arthur how can you be so afraid of it. I think its cuter than vulpix" Dakota responded to him with a sigh and small shake of his head. He extended his hand for the pokemon to sniff, and it did so snorting out a breath of freezing air. "See, it's perfectly harmless." Dakota said with bright grin, he was glad that the pokemon beginning to get used to humans.
[break][break]
While the arctozolt acknowledged Dakota, it seemed to be more interested in Arthur and tried to go around Dakota to get closer to the heir once more. "Oh how interesting, it seems to have taking quite a liking to you. " Dakota said with a nod quickly writing it down in his notebook. He only looked back at Arthur when he tried to take the fossil. Dakota kept the fossil out of reach from Arthur, it helped that Arthur was pretty short even though Dakota only was four inches above him.
[break][break]
After a few moments Dakota sighed and gave the fossil back to Arthur. "You sure are stubborn, like I said it's a paper weight." He walked towards the arctozolt pointing at it with a pokeball to get it to return. He didn't want it to bother Arthur any longer, also it was getting a bit cold with it staying in the room.
[break][break]
"Take it to the lab here, they'll tell you the same." He sat back down giving Arthur a unpleased look. "If they succeed with it's revival, you'll be getting an aerodactyl" Dakota slightly shivered at the thought of Arthur having the pokemon for a moment, in history they were quite aggressive and he wasn't sure if Arthur would be able to handle an aggressive pokemon.