Transparency

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Transparency
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 10:17:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Finding himself to be settling in a lot better then he hoped, Dakota took a stroll around Fallarbor. One advantage to this town was that there was a volcano nearby, no one gave him disapproving looks whenever he lit a cigarette. Pressing the cigar to his lips a puff of smoke emerged from his mouth. He coughed on the exhale - was it a good idea for someone in poor health to continue smoking? No.  He knew that he had to stop smoking, but all his attempts ended in failure. 
[break][break]
A brief sigh as he glanced around the small town. There were a number of obvious differences comparing Circhester and Fallarbor, but Fallarbor was more scientifically advanced, making his work easier. A familiar silhouette caught Dakota's eye, putting out his cigarette he tossed it into the nearby trash can and approached Alek. 
[break][break]
It had been a few years since Dakota last saw him. Ever since Alek had been  fired and Dakota going to Galar for work made things difficult to talk to an old colleague. "Been awhile, Alek" 

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
Transparency
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 11:48:07 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar
it gets harder just to breathe
feel like the walls are closin' in

PARTY

Currently at Fallarbor, Alek intended to examine the area. It had been long since he had visited the town, not since he had worked for Devon to examine the craters. Recent events and unearthed secrets had drawn him back for newer purpose. For now, however, he roamed the town in search for a store to get his daily dose of caffeine.

He didn't wear his mask, yet, as he knew it would've drawn much unwanted attention on such a crowded area. Amongst the crowd, however, was a familiar face. Oh how he wished for his face to be concealed after all.

"Oh?" He raised a brow. "Dakota, was it?" Alek asked as he craned his head off to the side, not quite sure whether he was right or not. A while was an understatement, he could barely remember the man despite only being a few months since his release from Devon. He knew well that he was one of his old co-workers for who else would've known him.

"Should've expected for an old co-worker to pop up here." He sighed with a weary smile. "Off to witness the excavation?"

[ OOC ] @dakota

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Transparency
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 19:16:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Dakota felt disappointed when Alek didn't remember him. "Correct, Dakota." He responded with a nod. Not really blaming Alek for not remembering him, Dakota only knew of Alek because he heard that Alek was quite problematic - getting into trouble for his unusual methods when it came to science. Dakota was a stickler for rules, but he had admired Alek's innovative way of thinking.

"I didn't know there was an excavation. " He only recently came back to Hoenn and was still settling in before he continued his work. Though the sound of an excavation made Dakota interested, it made him wonder if there had been any new discovers in Hoenn while he was away. I've been in Galar for the last few years. " He explained, glancing at the cafe that was close by.
[break][break]
He thought it'd be nice to catch up with Alek, ask him how things were and such. Pointing towards the cafe building "I go there quite often, care to join me for a chat?" He hoped that Alek would accept Dakota had been curious to know what old colleagues were doing now a days.

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
Transparency
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 12:42:01 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

"Galar." He echoed. "What for?" Alek pried. Quite interesting indeed. It would've been for his own best interest to know just what his ex-colleague was up to on a far off region. Something he could look into, perhaps?

"I wouldn't mind." He shrugged, it was where he's headed after all. "I've left Devon not too long ago now" He stated as they head towards the cafe, returning readily available information of his own whereabouts so as to not be rude. "A few weeks ago. The new ownership had not been too kind." He added. Though it would've been far too obvious for someone like Devon, who knew of his little projects and methods, as to why he had been laid off.

As alek entered the rustic cafe, fresh aroma of ground coffee filled his nostrils; a soothing fragrance coupled with a comfy setting. Alek went straight towards the counter, leaning forward to view the menu. "Espresso and two lemon bars for me, and for my friend here..." He trailed off as he looked back at Dakota in hopes that he'd tell the barista of his preference.

[ OOC ] @dakota

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Transparency
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 8:14:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Oh, they asked for my help in researching the prehistoric life there. Galar's pokemon are fascinating. Dakota had visited Galar on and off a few times, but he never had an opportunity to research pokemon. It was a great experience, and was the primary reason why Dakota's goal was to visit each region sometime, and conduct research.
[break][break]
The aroma of the small cafe was pleasant. Dakota wasn't too fond of coffee, but he always enjoyed the smell of fresh ground coffee beans. Noticing that Alek had been in a rush to get his caffeine. Blue eyes scouring the somewhat small menu, he glanced towards the cashier. "Chai Tea for me please." He said giving a polite grin, and handing the cashier enough money for both orders. [break][break]
The cafe was quiet, there were a few individuals other then Alek or Dakota who sat quite a few distance from one another. Dakota led Alek towards a table near the edge of the cafe, taking off the jacket he used the chair as a makeshift coat hanger. Dakota then sat down, eyeing Alek curiously at what he said earlier. "I see, so you have left Devon" Dakota repeated after Alek, questioning the reasoning. "Unfortunate, any luck in finding work?" He knew that Alek had some unruly ways of practicing and conducting research, but it made Dakota doubt that it was the sole reason why he'd left Devon.
[break][break]
The barista approached with their order, placing it nicely in front of the two men. "Thank you" Dakota acknowledged with a smile and nod. Lifting up the delicate tea cup, he slowly took a sip from it. The chai tea tasted amazing, it's heat helped soothe Dakota's throat. Gently placing the tea cup back, he resumed the conversation. "Are you still doing those tests?" His question was pretty vague, but Dakota assumed that Alek would know what he was talking about. A huff escaped from him,
[break][break]
"I admire you for your innovative ways, but one must know what the limits are."

close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
Transparency
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 6:05:54 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

"I've pursued a more independent research career." He replied, expounding no further to avoid any unwanted slip ups to his current endeavors. With that said, Alek took his cup of coffee and listened to what else Dakota had to say. A grimaced formed on his face as he heard his last few words.

"Worry not." Alek sighed. "I've shown some restraint as of late." Each and every statement had been a lie, each delivered with a monotonous tone and a deadpan look.

"I couldn't exactly do those test without my methods." Alek took as sip off of his beverage as he took the seat across Dakota. "If I can't see what effects it'll do to human subjects then what's it for?" A calm yet somewhat menacing aura enveloped Alek; his piercing gaze enough to deter even the most curious of souls from prying even further. "The next step towards human improvement is halted, I'm afraid." Or is it?

"In any case, I've gone forward with other projects. Classified, sadly; I hope you'd understand."

[ OOC ] @dakota

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Transparency
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2021 9:04:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Dakota remained silent, regretting that he bothered to ask. Sipping his tea to try and come up with a response to what Alek had just told him, his mind was completely blank on what to say. Clearing his throat and readjusting the collar of his shirt, Alek probably picked up that Dakota was a little embarrassed to have asked such a question. Closing his eyes to regain some composure he stiffly nodded "Yes.. yes I understand" For some reason Dakota's eyes weren't able to look at Alek - who suddenly seemed a lot more intimidating, compared to the start of the conversation. His gaze wandered to the tea cup, lifting it for a final sip.
[break][break]
Dakota felt a little anxious when Alek mentioned human subjects. His mind remembering all the strange rumors that had been circulating around Alek, though he was never one to believe in such things. The teacup hit the table with a louder clatter then Dakota intended for it too. Once again he awkwardly cleared his throat, scouring his head for a response. "How unfortunate he said in a meekly tone. Fiddling with his thumbs he nodded once more trying to display that he understood, when in reality Dakota was a little concerned with what Alek had been doing. Something told him not to pry any further.
[break][break]
The cafe was strangely quiet, as other patrons exited with minimal sound. Briefly glancing around Dakota noticed that even the barista had gone off somewhere. Pushing his chair back, Dakota stood up grabbing his coat and putting it back on figuring now was a good time to leave if any. Dark blue eyes wandered toward Alek who seemed to remain quiet, "Well.. It was a pleasure seeing you again. I hate to leave suddenly but I have work that needs to be done. " He told a small lie, but figured that Alek would buy into it.
[break][break]
Reaching into his coat's pocket, Dakota pulled out a small card that contained his contact information, seeing little problems that would result in giving a phone number and email away."Feel free to contact me here, have a good evening Alek. " Leaving the card on top of the table, Dakota waved goodbye before exiting the cafe - quickly lighting a cigarette when he did so.
[break][break]ooc: closure

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,789 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Transparency
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2021 5:32:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@dakota