Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
remorse & recuperation [s]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2021 1:48:53 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Thought resources were what ya didn't have." Replied the youth with a snort.

Hah! Gawt 'em.

"That sounds about right." He said, not quite managing to sound as happy as he felt he should've. It was hard to speak fondly of Chryssa and not think about how she was burnt and unconscious less than a hundred meters in the very same building. "Hah."

The youth slumped on his seat, face blank. At Angelo's question however...

"Oh, she got me expelled from school." He said, matter-of-factly, not offering any context for the man. "Where's my nurse anyway?"

Apparently, they weren't going into the subject unless Angelo asked.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 18:50:36 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
You had an education?” It drops into the melancholic air between them naturally, like a barked curse when you stump your toe on a chair leg. A teasing, fond quip at the other’s expense fired on automatic – not unlike what a brother would do. “Huh… Wow. Guess you do learn something new every day.” [break][break]

Angelo opts to ignore the request for the nurse, still sipping at his coffee.[break][break]

So is Chryssa from Kanto, too?” He asks in part assumption and part curiosity. After all, since he’d known Doug the Bug Catcher had managed to acquire an impressive array of titles; each time that Angelo had encountered him, he’d seemed to attach a new one to his belt like pokemon in their glossy capsules. [break][break]

Bug Association member, League Officer, Cave Tour Guide… Student. There was no way he could fit all that in around an education. Maybe that was how he got kicked out of school. [break][break]

Getting expelled though, got to be a hell of a story…” Prying gently, Angelo leans forwards in genuine interest, elbows on his knees and hands curled around his nearly finished vending machine coffee. He takes another mouthful, shadowed blue eyes watching the teenager carefully for signs of defensive walls or warning signs that it was a subject best left unexplored.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]
+ pre autograph & autopsy

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.angelo]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a1b6d7[/newclass]

[newclass=.angelo b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2021 2:16:20 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Hahaha." Doug intoned dryly, squinting at Angelo. He was lucky his hands were useless. There was plenty of ammo within arm's reach. "I'll have you know, even after gettin' expelled I still got a highschool diploma."

By cheating, but whatever.

As for Chryssa?

"Dunno. I was bein' educated 'ere until recently. I've got no clue what prison the empress crawled out of." He said with a snort, remembering how had reacted to the police during their first meeting. It all melted into a smile after a while. "She's got a pretty sweet Viridian accent, I'll give'er that."

He craned his head back until it hung off his seat, humming in response to Angelo's next words. It was indeed- and luckily for Angelo, nothing Doug was unwilling to share.

"Well, since yer clearly interested." He said, snapping forward to lean in dramatically, looking around furtively... Before speaking in a gruff, southerner voice. "So there I was, minding my own redneck ass business, skipping class and goin' for some Ice cream."

It had been a wonderful day to skip class. All teachers were present and there was really no excuse he could give. As with every single time he skipped, he had been hoping it would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

"Was actually quiet far from the ice cream shop, actually. No idea why I was on the docks that day..." He said, pursing his lips in thought. "Oh well. So there I was, when suddenly... Some 5-foot nothing dancer stepped in my way."

Dramatic pause.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 22:14:47 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Angelo almost sprays a mouthful of cheap coffee in the teenager’s direction at the prison comment, if only because he can’t help but think the image is a scarily accurate one for the chaotic presence masquerading as an adolescent. Although, he thinks it's less of a crawl and more of a jail break… [break][break]

The comment on Chryssa’s accent and the accompanying smile is also not missed, although there is no outward sign that Angelo had picked up on it; save for a soft, knowing curl to his lips hidden behind the edge of his plastic cup. [break][break]

And?” [break][break]

He’s leaned forward, on the edge of his seat – physically and mentally – and turning the now empty container in his hand, waiting for the next part of the story in ‘The Grand Adventures of Douglas and Chryssa: The Origin Story’. Angelo caught up enough in the tale Doug weaves, that it’s easy for him to momentarily forget the weariness sitting heavy under his eyes and the way the dawn light creeps in through the windows. A new day rolling in.[break][break]

The pocket-size dancer challenged you to a showdown and you said: ‘No thank you, friend. I need to go back to school and study hard, I have dreams of going to college, someday. That calculus isn’t going to teach itself.’ Right?” His voice takes on a higher pitch, about as playfully mocking as it was a purposefully inaccurate impersonation.

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

[newclass=.angelo .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.angelo .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 17:51:13 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"I should've known those wingulls by the pier were too focused to just be vermin." He 'muttered' loud enough for Angelo to hear, looking off to the side where his Accelgor troops hid, dramatically.

Beat.

"Nah, she offered to teach me to dance on this cool, isolated corner where no one would be able to hear me scream... No reason, just thought she should let me know." He said with a hum, embellishing the story quite a bit. "I already know how to dance, but she said there were free crepes too."

The youth paused.

"I didn't know what a crepe really was other than food, but hey- free food. That's both dope and hip. Positively gnarly, even." He said, almost managing to not giggle.

He was too tired to resist, however. Darn the weakness of his flesh.

"... Calculus though, really?" Doug said after a moment, laughing, going back to Angelo's little joke. Felt more like a jab, the more he thought about it. "Ya know how dumb I am? I suck at math."

He shook his head with a smile, before humming.

"So there I was, followin' behind this short so called dancer." He said, still embellishing. Chryssa had only stood about 2 inches shorter than him then. "She was silent the whole way there. It was almost suspicious how far in and convoluted the way into the harbor was, but I could dig it, dancin' is somethin' that needs a bit of privacy... Even if it was weird to hold out free dancing lessons on a pier."

The youth scratched at his chin in thought, brows coming together in an overdramatized fashion. How in the world had he fallen for that again?

"... You'll understand my surprise- no, my shock when the betrayal of the inherent, fire-forged trust between two complete strangers was broken suddenly, and savagely." He said deeply, dramatically, holding his chest. "I could only think as she spun on her heel and pulled out her pokeballs-"

"Am I gettin' mugged by this 5 foot nothing girl?" He said, dropping all dramatization to give Angelo his most dry, disbelieving and genuine delivery, his first meeting with Chryssa remembered so vividly and held so dearly he could practically pull back the emotions from then on command.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 22:54:45 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Vermin? I’ll have you know that Carl is a very sweet, affectionate Wingull with only sixty percent evil in his heart.” He fires back, a hand coming to rest over his chest. “His wife – Patricia – is always going on about how he has the gentlest beak when snatching fries from their unsuspecting victims.” Despite a portion of Wingull turning into pesky scavengers upon Hoenn’s tourist beach hotspots, Angelo still had a particular fondness for them. [break][break]

Perhaps he just had a soft spot for aggressive, greedy opportunists. [break][break]

Dope. Hip. Gnarly. Angelo can’t resist the scoffed laugh that rumbles out of his throat, shaking his head at the teenager who had somehow made the words sound like he was an awkward fifty-year-old. Somehow, while sleep deprived and running low on fumes, it all seemed that much funnier. [break][break]

Positively,” he mimics on a dry, snarky tone; fondness peeking through on a lopsided smile. “You’re not dumb, Doug. Don’t be an idiot.” Angelo makes to stand then, empty coffee cup in hand as he searches for a trashcan. “Doubt you’d need it but I’m alright with math, if you ever need a tutor. I’ll give you a discount.” [break][break]

As Doug continues with his story, Angelo finds the trashcan and throws his plastic container towards it from a distance. Missing completely. It bounces off a magazine rack and clatters to the ground noisily – along with a few pieces of reading material. [break][break]

Angelo keeps an eye on Doug, drawn fully into the story, as he picks his mess up. [break][break]

So a silent, suspicious stranger cuts you off in the middle of the street? She then leads you off to a secluded area where nobody can hear you scream and she still gets the drop on you?” His lips curl, as if taking a strange sense of pride in Chryssa's cunning eccentricity while all the while feeling a prickle of amused, eye-rolling mock-dismay for Doug falling for it.  “Kind of deserved it then, Doug.”[break][break]

The courier pauses and then, he asks the most important question of all: “Did you get your free crepes?

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 0:21:43 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Discount? I live in a tent! Teach me for free, ya cheapskate!" Doug said while blowing a raspberry at the older man. He would have given a thumbs down too, but you know... hands.

Moving on.

"She's pretty and acts good, sue me." He said dryly. "And no. We did get pizza later, though."

Though he was the one inviting there... technically.

"Last time I ever tasted the school's cafeteria pizza." He said with dreamy delight, leaning back. Great as its crusty, lukewarm cheeseeyness had been, he would not miss it.

"... Oh, but that's for later. A n y w a y." He said, prolonging each syllable as he scooted back onto his seat and readjusted himself before leaning forward, his pitch dropping back down to storyteller mode.

"So there I was, cornered against the unblocked, unimpeded exit, utterly incapable of escape as she ripped off her disguise and revealed her true self!" The youth stood up dramatically, his face drawing into a smirk that seemed almost too on point with 's own.

"The Empress of the Seas appeared before me, challenging me to battle!" He said, pitching his voice high and feminine as he spoke next. "You want to dance? You have to get through me. Ha! Double battle, you gullible fool!"

He threw back his head and laughed, the 'ohoho's tumbling out of his throat with almost too much practiced ease.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2021 22:33:20 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
…?” [break][break]

Cheapskate? Angelo pauses, almost dropping a barely perused angler magazine that’s probably ten years out of date, as a strained expression is shot towards the teenager. Weary, exhausted eyes do not make it easy for him to slip on the calm, smiling mask as he usually prefers to wear – it makes his blue gaze look unintentionally darker, too – leaving the courier to regard Doug with a harmlessly annoyed scowl. [break][break]

Hey, wait! I live in a tent too, you know.” Part-time but that was beside the point. But that’s younger brothers, for you; picking up on the unsavoury truth and rubbing it in your face. “Maybe if you made your pretty opponent’s pay their crepe-dues and not get suckered into buying them pizza, you wouldn’t need free math lessons.” Would've stayed in school, too, apparently.[break][break]

Returning the rest of the magazines back into a messy pile on a small chair-side table, not having the patience to stack them, Angelo stands just as Doug does. Watching with a lopsided smirk and his hands in his pockets as the Bug Catcher retells his and Chryssa’s story with theatrics that would not be misplaced in a pantomime.[break][break]

Empress of the Seas, huh? Thought she crawled out of a high security prison?” Angelo’s lips curl, as if an amused thought had rolled through his mind about a quirky Sea Empress and a formidable Captain. That or he’s just delirious. “Unless the prison was a top secret facility, hidden away in the middle of the ocean... That could work.” [break][break]

It’s at this point in the story – when Doug lets out an uproarious ohohoho – that another visitor attempts to come into the break room, only to turn around as quickly as they had arrived. [break][break]

They go unnoticed. [break][break]

…. Chryssa won. Didn’t she?

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 17:17:29 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug squinted at Angelo, still in his well practiced, standard oujo pose. After a moment, he sighed.

"We really are screwed, huh?" He said. He hadn't thought Angelo lived on the streets as well. The guy looked better put together than most of the people in the Tent City of Slateport.

He had met the guy in his camp, now that he thought about it... he had simply thought the man was camping.

"I didn't buy 'er a pizza; it was the School Cafeteria's!" The youth said with a theatric huff. "Plus I owed her one after the fight..."

He said, and anyone hearing that might be inclined to believe he had lost... BUT!

"Heck no! I won! Technically! Sorta!" Doug said... before blowing another raspberry at Angelo. "We, uh... got distracted screaming at each other from cross the battlefield. Our Pokemon sort of did all the fighting on their own. Kama's invincible, naturally, so I technically won."

He gave this offhanded statement as an undeniable fact of life, as casually as saying the sky was blue. What? His Scyther was awesome. Deal with it!

The man coming and going into the room was utterly ignored by the youth, who suddenly looked sheepish as he scratched the back of his head.

"But, ah... she was the only one able to walk out of the harbor." He said lowly, looking away. "I, uh... Tripped on my Joltik's Electro Web while taunting her and got paralyzed from the waist down."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 15:47:28 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Sounds like you ‘technically’ and ‘sorta’ lost.” He mimics Doug’s voice, pronouncing them with an inflated southern drawl, undeterred by the raspberry that is blown his way. If anything, it simply makes Angelo’s grin pull wider, pushing him to prod and poke at the teenager all the more, fuel added to the fire. A spark amidst the soggy bonfire that resembled his weariness.[break][break]

And what did Kama get for being the true victor of the day? Not free pizza and crepes, I bet.”[break][break]

It’s then that a rattling sound could be heard beyond the door from the depths of the sterile, blank corridor, snagging onto Angelo’s attention and urging the courier to flicker a look beyond the break room threshold. [break][break]

Stopping just outside, dear ol' hospital worker Valerie (or so was the name emblazoned boldly on her nametag) pulled up with her food trolley, on her way to delivering the patients breakfasts. Rows of trays were stacked neatly on the wheeled catering cart, along with carefully balanced jugs of orange juice and pots filled with an assortment of general breakfast condiments. [break][break]

There’s also a holder filled with straws in plastic wrapping. Not very good for the environment but hey, it’s a straw.[break][break]

Angelo slips out of the door, approaching the attendant with a frank request for a straw and reappearing a moment later with his prize, tactics left a mystery.
[break][break]
Easier than walking out of a harbour,” he hums with intentional cheek, ripping the plastic wrapper off with his teeth before going for Doug’s can of coke and cracking the tab with a satisfying psssh-pop. “Go on then. I'll bite. How did you get back to school, anyway?” [break][break]

He balances the coke on the low couch-side table. Doug no doubt having to hunch to reach it.
[break][break]

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2021 14:22:13 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug's maw snatched around the straw as he glared up at the cheeky man, harrumphing.

"Kama got the glory, shush. And we'll get to school in due time!" He huffed after slurping some coke. "Now where was I, 'fore yer ass interrupted me?"

His brows came together in an exaggerated fashion, 'deep' in thought for a moment before nodding.

"Ah, yeah! So anyway, through my gracious silver tongue and not at all the Empress' kindness or grace, I managed to gain a ride upon her land-steed, Arran. My charm even got me some Combee-lemon cough drops. Evil laughter is hard on the throat, ya know?" The youth said with closed eyes and a smug smile, straw still in mouth.

"So there we were, riding upon Arran the Probopass at the unfathomable speed of roomba, detaining peasants and stopping traffic... Regular Ocean Empress stuff." He said casually, slurping some more of his sweet, delicious, not-drug coke for a moment and smacking his lips before setting his gaze back on Angelo. "And then... they found her."

Dramatic pause.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 20:19:51 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Straw snatched out of his grip, Angelo shoots the teenage Bug Catcher an arched brow and a grin that very nearly looks like its bordering on forming some choice, playful curse words. Whether he restrains himself by will or can't get them out because of fatigue, is up in the air. [break][break]

Plopping himself back down in his assigned chair, slumping against the backrest, Angelo listens as Doug continues to regale him with his story. He’d be tempted to close his eyes, his lids heavy like a weight is pulling them down that's made worse by the seat – no doubt the cheapest one money could by – suddenly making him feel like he’s reclined in the clouds. [break][break]

However, despite the way he nonchalantly grabs the packet of crisps and rustles them, he is quite interested in where this tale will go… [break][break]

Angelo chews purposefully noisily through the dramatic pause. Taking his time to finish off his potato chip, even running his tongue over his teeth – irritatingly slow – before raising a brow, an annoying grin on his lips.[break][break]

Who? Fuchsia City Ninja? The Galarian Queen?

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 18:42:34 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug's cheeks slowly puffed up the longer Angelo's UNJUSTIFIABLE aloof behavior continued, the youth's eyes slowly narrowing playfully at the man.

"The police, you butt." He said dryly, before huffing. "I can just shut up if yer bored."

He would have crossed his arms, but... you know, hands.

"Keh, whatever. Anyway, Police shows up. A Probopass roomba is many things; quick ain't one of 'em. We slowed down the traffic so hard while crossing the sidewalk a police took after us."

That was funny, in retrospective. Not as funny as what happened next, though.

"What does the Empress do the moment she hears the sirens?" Doug asked rhetorically.

He made a face.

"'Oh no. Not again.'" He quoted word per word, before staring at Angelo dramatically. "I'll... let you handle this one."

He flopped onto his side upon the rows of seats seconds later, releasing a series of fake snores.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 18:37:08 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","angelo"]
Mff no’ bor’” Angelo insists with his mouth full, potato chips sticking to the roof of his mouth and fragmenting his words as Doug puffs up his cheeks like an angry Dedenne. He chews some more, grinning to himself as he takes his time until he swallows and only then rephrasing his earlier protest. “Stop stalling and tell me the rest of the story.” [break][break]

Angelo wonders how quickly a Probopass could float and whether the police had needed to give chase after the ‘reckless’ teenagers via vehicle. Or whether they’d just needed to casually stroll after them to catch up with the traffic-jamming-criminals as they attempted a 'speedy' getaway. It’s an amusing image, at least. [break][break]

You think that’s why she took the housesitting job with me? To lie low from the cops?” He muses, considering it a high possibility that has been – or someday will be – a girl on the run from the law. [break][break]

A potato chip is flicked at Doug as he pretended to snooze. [break][break]

How neither of them have crashed into unconsciousness where they sat, he’ll never know…

[break][break]

+ [break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 1:32:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"It'll be a hot day in Freezington when the Empress 'lies low'."

He couldn't imagine her doing anything inconspicuously. Her idea of a secret gathering was air dropping flyers blaring out the venue and subject for the meeting on population centers.

"I don't know why I bother." Doug huffed, shaking his head like a wet dog to throw off a potato chip on his cheek, glaring at Angelo while sticking his tongue out at him. "Ya have no appreciation for my talents!"

A moment of wiggling his torso later, he held out his arms to his brother.

"Help me up. I can't use my hands." He said without an ounce of shame. "Anyway." The youth resumes casually, still laying on the seats.

"The Police man was all 'Right, what's all this, then?', and the Empress was fake asleep, sooo... I lied as a breathed." He said, kicking his legs.

"Oh, Police Officer,"I'm... invalid! Lost the ability to walk when my home collapsed on me during the UB Invasion. Doctors said I would probably never walk again." Doug said, doing his best impression of... himself.

Somehow, he managed to sound like someone who had never heard him speak in their lives.

"I had proof, too! My legs were like jello then. Would've crumpled like a cracker if he had asked for a demonstration." He said with a laugh.

He then snorted.

"I also said the Empress was helpin' me around, ferrying me on her Probopass and whatnot. Ironically... Arran had a handicap sticker on it. So he didn't buy my story."