Alexei Ivanov
way too hot [wild, duo / zeke]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 16:07:21 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
pokemon

tag

words

notes
lookin' for Fire-types! He's got way too many on his list.

Now that he’d managed to find one of the Pokémon he was looking for, he was now making his way back and had to take the Fiery Path.

…maybe coming here was another mistake again, because holy shit it was way too hot to be comfortable!

If there was one thing Alexei wasn’t really comfortable with, it was the fact that he didn’t function too well in warmer weather. No wonder he preferred the secluded location of Mistralton back home in Unova; being nestled comfortably in the higher mountain ranges and not directly near the center of the world where the sun bore down relentlessly.

Much as he wanted to fly back to Fortree, the itch to search for some more companions overwhelmed the need for comfort and so here he was, entering the Fiery Path from the northern side. A sudden wall of hot air blasted into his face not a few steps in, and he began to wipe his forehead with the back of his right hand as he started to sweat.

“Ugh, why’s it so hot down here…” he groaned, looking around and squinting before eventually taking off his jacket and tying it around his waist. He still had his scarf on, though—but not for long, too. The heat seeping through from the floor was too much for him to take, and he was forced to eventually abandon the scarf as well, removing it with much reluctance and winding it around his arm.

Now, would he be able to find something of interest in the mawing darkness…?

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
did i close my fist around something delicate?
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 16:36:49 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
sweet beads on his forehead while he walks. the back of his hand comes up to graciously keep it from falling into his eyes, though he knows more will come. he's on the fiery path, searching for something.

there's supposed to be a hidden chamber deep in the path. rumors have spread far enough to reach him -- though, with his new connection to silph, things don't have to spread as far. darkness shrouds the steamy tunnel, the light of his glowing electabuzz enough to give him a general idea of his immediate surroundings. he's been in here for 9 minutes already, his form staying close to the edge of the tunnel to feel its cracks and crevices for ways to slip in deeper. 

staying in here too long would be suicide; already, his fingers pluck at the center of his shirt to air it out. a futile attempt to remain relatively comfortable seems to ease his mind. to leave without finding what he's looking for would be another failure he doesn't feeling like enduring the weight of, and so he searches on. 

"oh, hell yes." the wall before him is brittle, moreso than anywhere else. it feels hollow to the touch of his calloused fingers, and so he unleashes alm, his nidoking. "horn drill. right....here." his finger picks the point he thinks will bring the false wall down. it takes only a moment before the sound of crumbling rocks fills the dark space. 

zeke swells with pride until the glowing is interrupted by the sound of footsteps. "hello?" are they here to stop him?

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2018 16:13:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
a wild (confused) Alexei appeared!

Okay, maybe coming down here without a Fire-type was a bit of a mistake.

To be honest, that was what Alexei was here for in the first place! Squinting into the darkness, he allowed himself some time for his eyes to adjust to the reduced lighting conditions before he eventually picked out the figure of another man, accompanied by a large, hulking Pokémon who’d ripped a hole into one of the nearby walls.

“Oh! Uhm…” he began, suddenly flustered at being discovered. He could only hope that whoever he’d eventually bump into wasn’t someone who was on the opposite side of the law, otherwise he’d be in quite a bit of trouble.

As he approached, he gradually made out the outline of an Electabuzz that was giving off some light to whatever they were doing.

“I-I came down here… looking for Fire-types, hopefully…” he began, his words coming out a bit shaky as he then proceeded to fan himself because it was just so Arceus-damned hot down here. “But I-I haven’t found anything yet… at least, not until I accidentally found you out h-here,” he added a few moments later. “Are you… looking f-for something?”

[newclass=".alex"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 0:01:24 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
the figure that emerges from the darkness is not one of...intimidating stature. it's a grown man, but resembles something more like a boy in demeanor. zeke's tension releases, shoulders relaxing just a bit as he looks at him. "oh, fire types." he mutters, a hand on his forehead once again to clear it of the sweat. suddenly he returns alm to prevent the pokemon from overheating himself, leaving munich out alone.

upon the other guy's inquisition, zeke looks over his shoulder at the massive hole in the wall. a path lies beyond it, leading anyone lucky enough to stumble upon it into the hidden depths of the fiery path. it's aura is mystical, ominous, and alluring all at once, dark lines converging at the end of munich's light's reach. zeke hesitates for a moment before answering. "there's supposed to be some hidden chamber off the beaten path down here. i heard people talking about it in town, wanted to check it out myself..." whatever it holds for him, its not enough for zeke to try and scare the guy off.

"i'm sure there's some tougher fire types down this way, if you're interested. i could use an extra set of hands in case things get dicey." his head nods toward the cave, arms curling up to rest his hands on the back of his head. the sleeves of his undershirt, the last remaining layer between his bare skin and the humid air, bunch up.

"i'm zeke, by the way. you should come with me." now he turns, broad back facing the kiddish man as he makes his way into the darkness, giving the boy no time to rationalize the decision. come or don't come. no sweat off zeke's back.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2018 3:40:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD NUMEL APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / simple[break]
flame burst / double-edge / yawn / take down
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MAGMAR APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / flame body[break]
sunny day / feint attack / clear smog / flamethrower
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2018 16:41:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
MAGMAR :eyes:

“W-well, as long as there’s something down there…” he began, uncertainty in his voice as they stepped into the maw of darkness.

Thankfully, there was some source of light not too far ahead—before said source of light walked forward, looking absolutely pissed that it had been discovered. What really caught his attention was the fact that his PokéGear began beeping, alerting him to something—quickly raising his right hand and checking it before doing a double-take.

“Mind if I take this one?” he asked Zeke, gesturing at the Magmar. “Actually need something like him around,” before reaching into his pocket and unballing something—interesting. He thought he’d grabbed his Salamence’s Pokéball, but was extremely surprised to see that instead, he’d sent out his Riolu. Well, maybe it was a bit of a good thing because the Fighting-type was itching for a fight!

And it was here he remembered he’d not yet picked out a name for him.

Once the Fighting-type emerged from the flash of red light, the jackal ‘mon turned around to face him before pointing at the Magmar with another paw. “Yes, that’s right. I know you’re itching for a fight… I’m giving this one to you! You might want to—watch out, it’s coming! he called as the Fire-type then inhaled before releasing a familiar-looking blast of superheated flames; the Flamethrower coming to a near stop close to where the Fighting-type stood. “…and it wants a challenge. Alright, Vincent, go!”

The Fighting-type turned around again, tilting its head to one side before he pointed ahead again.

“Well? What are you waiting for? Go!” he added, encouraging the Fighting-type forward as another stream of flames headed its way. “Keep well out of the Flamethrower’s range, will you?” he added a few moments later, as the Riolu then sought to close the distance and began striking with a one-two Force Palm strike.

As the two Pokémon began to tussle, he then turned to his companion—okay, why did he find the other strangely appealing—before he realized what he was thinking of. An embarrassed noise escaped him, before he cleared his throat. “Oh, sorry. M-my name’s Alexei… I didn’t mean to stare, he added, quickly turning away and mentally screaming at himself for looking at the other man too long. Fighting down the embarrassing blush that had spread across his face, he looked up in time to hear a loud yipping noise coming from his Riolu as the Fighting-type continued to dash around, coming in for a quick Force Palm strike or two; but the Magmar was making things really difficult for the other.

He didn’t want to bring out one of his bigger guns, and decided to let the Riolu tackle this one himself. As the Fire-type shot out a Feint Attack the moment the other came too close, a fierce glint entered the Riolu’s eye. A sudden Counterattack then threw the Magmar off-balance, before the Fighting-type closed the distance again and slammed another one-two Force Palm strike under the Fire-type’s chin.

As the Fire-type was knocked off its feet, a series of Bullet Punches then came flying hard and fast form the Riolu, eventually knocking the Magmar over. Before it could hit the ground, though, Alexei had fished out an empty Pokéball before chucking it at the fallen Fire-type.

Capturing the Magmar! :eyes:

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2018 21:31:58 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
"it's all yours." the flickering flame that lights the path ahead of them illuminates the face of the magmar as they close in. zeke steps back to allow the kid to handle the situation, his electabuzz staying close to his trainer and out of the way.

flames erupt in the cavern, their strength quickly snuffed out by the hungry rock walls that encase the battle. zeke watches the riolu engage for a few moments, his gaze dancing between the two pokemon as a flamethrower reflects in his irises. the riolu is quicker and more precise, despite its battle style looking somewhat unpolished compared to 's lucario. a key counter decides the battle, tipping the scales in the kid's favor against the wild magmar.

as the pokeball leaves the kid's hand, zeke turns to find a numel hovering in the darkness behind him. it is timid, though perhaps interested in the group that had broken down the wall to reach the deeper part of fiery path. a battle plan runs through his mind, but mild pacifism keeps him from attack the pokemon that apparently has no interest in attacking him. zurich's arms, which had been up in front of him to defend himself from any sudden fire attacks, lower to his sides.

"i don't think you know anything about the depths of this place, but you can come with us if you'd like." it's an uncharacteristic way for zeke to make friends with pokemon, as a traditional battler. nevertheless, he sets his own spare pokeball down and allows the Numel to decide; its rounded nose presses against the capsule. white light swallows it and blinds the cavern's occupants for a moment before returning to the pokeball that shakes on the floor.

once it finishes shaking, zeke picks it up and summons the numel once again, an amused smirk on his face. "you're mikael now, okay?" the shared moment is brief but the message is received by the numel.

"Alexei," he finally turns his attention back to the kid. "nice to meet you. i'd be more offended if you didn't stare." a moment for a response lingers between them before zeke brushes by him, back down toward the end of the cavern. the electabuzz and numel walk beside him, the electric-type illuminating the path once again. zeke is now hyper-aware of the effect his body has on the guy before him, but refrains from taking his undershirt off for now.

a change in subject feels natural. "so the rumor is that these caves will start to branch and get smaller and smaller until we reach the end where it should open back up." already ahead he can see a path diverting from the one they walk now. "and apparently there's a hot spring beneath here, so things might get a little steamy. we'll just stick together and face whatever we come across together. fair enough?"

he pauses for a moment, giving alexei a chance to confirm that he will be sticking it out. "you don't mind if i take my shirt off, do you?" he feels like a douche bag but the words flow desperately in the muggy air.

captured numel! sending amoonguss back to the PC!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2018 1:42:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SLUGMA APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / flame body[break]
incinerate / clear smog / recover / ancient power
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD TORKOAL APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / white smoke[break]
iron defense / heat wave / curse / body slam
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2018 16:24:21 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
next!

Thankfully, the Magmar capture went off without a hitch, and just as he’d bent down to pick up the now-occupied Pokéball, his companion had made up his mind to just… suddenly strip off the top layer of his clothing.

…at least he had the decency to ask first!

Oh, crap. No, no, no, don’t stare too long if and when he takes his top off! He thought hurriedly, willing the blush on his face to go away—to no avail. His face was still a flush shade of red as he quickly rolled the occupied Pokéball his way and quickly dropped it down his jacket pocket—and then he realized just how stuffy and uncomfortably hot the entire place was.

Oh, shit.

When he suddenly remembered that the other would’ve been even more offended if he didn’t stare that long, the red blush on his cheeks intensified to the point that even his ears were now flushed red and he couldn’t hide the sheer embarrassment that was now spreading across his face. Sure, while his traveling doctor did have quite the set of pectorals…

“If—if it makes you feel much more comfortable, I don’t mind,” he breathed out, internally screaming and cursing at himself for the act—well, he’d already gotten himself into this mess; might as well ride the embarrassment out to the end, right?

Squinting down the passageway, he was debating on recalling the newly-captured Magmar he’d gotten, but knowing that it had been weakened due to the Riolu’s assault, he thought it better not to. Instead, the Fighting-type approached his companion cautiously and laid a paw on his shin—causing him to look down and scratch behind the Fighting-type’s ears.

“Oh, no, Vince, I’m—I’m fine. Yeah, I’m fine, he said a little too quickly, catching sight of the passageways that had presented themselves before the unlikely exploring duo. Before he could make a remark about how a hot spring could possibly exist in this area, a rumbling noise caught his attention—and two more Fire-types presented themselves to them, blocking off their progress deeper into the cavern system.

“Vince? Take the one you won’t have too much of a problem with,” he said, nudging the Riolu forward—before it made a break towards the Torkoal. The turtle-like Fire-type then breathed out a sudden burst of flame, and seeing the incoming fire the Fighting-type cut across as fast as he could manage—although the flames managed to lick one of its feet. Yipping an annoyed cry, the Riolu then closed the distance and then started the assault with a one-two Force Palm assault.

Back where Alexei stood, he then took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself before turning to face Zeke for the briefest of moments before quickly turning away because his mind was going a hundred miles an hour screaming all manner of irreverent, borderline indecent things at him! “Which way do we take, then?” he asked the other, willing himself not to look at him for as long as he could manage, diverting his gaze to the battle where his Riolu was currently doing a hit-and-dodge strategy with the Torkoal.

While the Fire-type had upped its Iron Defense, a precise two-point Force Palm strike slammed into one of the weak spots of its armor, causing it to tip over to one side. Not content that it had just flopped to one side and began wiggling its limbs uselessly in the air—before he could even tell the Riolu what to do—the Fighting-type had begun striking it with Bullet Punches, hitting fast and hard. Eventually it tipped over, flopping its limbs uselessly in the air before making its way back to his companion.

“Nicely done, you handled that good out there,” he said, crouching down and scratching behind the Riolu’s ears affectionately.

Passing on the Torkoal

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2018 18:57:29 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
alexei's discomfort does not pass by the attentive zeke; despite the heat in the cavern, he detects alexei's blushing. a chuckle is choked down, and when he is given the all clear, zeke allows the response to sit between them for an instant. part of him does not want to offer himself up for objectification...the other part is ridiculously overheated.

"right, thanks." off the shirt goes, revealing his bare chest to the flustered boy in front of him. "if you have any more, uh, issues, just let me know." he says it as a slight acknowledgement to alexei's attraction to him, perhaps as an attempt to clear the air. he walks on, allowing the riolu and its trainer to share a moment without zeke disturbing it. besides, he has somewhere he wants to be down in these depths -- he isn't truly here to put on a show for alexei, though the affection does make him feel good.

zeke doesn't get very far, watching as a slugma and a torkoal appear before them. the riolu bursts into action, taking on the torkoal with relative ease. zeke summons mother, his marowak. the bursting white light reveals the ground type. "mother, bonemerang followed by stomping tantrum!" the marowak grunts in agreement, launching the club in her hand at the slugma before rushing after it. the club moves too quickly for the slugma to dodge, passing through its lava body to go further down the way. mother quickly follows, stomping the slugma with the power of a ground-type pokemon.

after the attack lands, she leaps back, still boneless. another instant passes and the bone strikes slugma from behind again, knocking it out. the twirling bone returns to the marowak's hand, and zeke moves forward with three of his pokemon at his side.

"mikael, do you know the way down here by chance?" the numel has a good chance of being familiar with these parts, after all. he nods and walks out in front of zeke, leading them down the path that diverts from the main one. it is a little tighter than before.

zeke looks to alexei, rubbing the back of his head to shake some of the sweat off. "i'm ready to move on...how are you not dying of heat exhaustion?" he turns away from the boy and begins to follow the numel, giving alexei the chance to respond from behind him if he so chooses.

defeated slugma!

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2018 19:36:16 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD HEATMOR APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / flash fire[break]
incinerate / heat lash / stockpile / spit up
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD LARVESTA APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / flame body[break]
morning sun / string shot / bug buzz / flame wheel
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2018 16:15:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
I spy with my little eye a LARVESTA

How was he not dying of heat exhaustion?

To be honest, he was secretly thankful he wore a thin shirt underneath his jacket, but shit, he could already feel the sweat starting to stick to it. Thank the hell he’d also decided to wear a comfortable pair of hiking shorts so it wasn’t too hot where it mattered, but still…

“I slung my jacket down on my waist and even my scarf but hell, it’s way too hot down here… he grumbled, before Vincent approached him and patted him with a paw on his right leg. “Hm? Vince?” he said, looking down at the concerned Riolu, who yipped in his direction. “Oh, no, I—I’m fine, it’s just…” he continued, his gaze flickering to where Zeke was walking accompanied by his own Pokémon and catching sight of that chiseled chest before letting out another squeak.

“Maybe I’m not fine,” he muttered to himself, switching to his mother language for a few moments and hoping that the other didn’t notice. Now he was tempted to take his own shirt off, too. Because what the hell was with the steam coming out of the floor, the walls, the… basically everywhere? Following the Numel was a good idea, but at the same time maybe not so much.

…at least they had a reliable ‘local’ to lead them around.

His private parade of thoughts were interrupted by a sudden yip coming from the Riolu, who’d dashed forward—and the moment Alexei looked up his eyes widened.

There was a fucking Larvesta up ahead.

How did that end up all the way out here?! He thought, quickly recalling Vincent before the other could charge forward and try to smack the living daylights out of it. A split-second later, he grabbed another shrunken-down Pokéball at random and tossed it forward, hoping he’d at least called his Braviary forward…

…but was not expecting to see the angry, exasperated face of his Salamence emerge from the beam of red light. The Larvesta let out an alarmed noise before quickly charging forward with a Flame Wheel, intent on taking down the tyrant in front of it, but the Intimidation factor kicked in and it backed a few paces away. “Gabe. Fly,” was all he said, watching as the draconid roared and soared up—well, as high as the cave ceiling could afford anyway. A failed attempt at a Bug Buzz went unnoticed as the Salamence came crashing down a few moments later, the ferocity of the Flying-type attack knocking the Bug-type toward a nearby wall.

As the draconid roared and approached it with a Dragon Claw, the Larvesta continued to charge forward, breathing out a burst of Flame Wheel in an attempt to trap said draconid—to no avail. The Salamence flew straight through the vortex of fire and lashed out, knocking it backwards again and letting out a second roar that shook the nearby area.

“Gabe. Gabe! Calm the hell down, he shouted, looking over to where his companion was—and not realizing that his nose was already bleeding because holy shit those pectorals really did things to his thought processes as they began to wander through a dark forest all on their own. Shaking his head as he heard another loud roar shatter his naughty thoughts, the Salamence slammed himself into the Larvesta again, this time sending the Bug-type close to where Alexei stood.

“…thanks for alerting me,” he said in the draconid’s direction as he pulled out another blank Pokéball and dropped it atop the Larvesta’s head.

Catching the Larvesta :eyes:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago