Haplis, Arno

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Haplis, Arno
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 22:45:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","freiwantt"]
[attr="class","freiwantt1"]
[attr="class","freiwantttop"]
[attr="class","freiwantttop1"]- □ x

YOU'RE ALL THAT I SEE

[attr="class","freiwanttimg"]

[attr="class","freiwanttinfo"]
ARNOArno Hapliss
pronounshe/him/his
agetwenty-seven
orientationpansexual
played bymechacake

[attr="class","freiwanttmid"]CHARACTER FACTION league

[attr="class","freiwanttmid"]CHARACTER RANK cadet

[attr="class","freiwanttmid"]FACE CLAIM rikuo uozui from sing yesterday for me

[attr="class","freiwantttop"]ABOUT THE CHARACTER

[attr="class","freiwanttbot"]

[break]
The steam from the teapot fogged up the glass wall of the greenhouse. The professor poured a cup for themselves, and then offered it to their company. With a simple gesture, Arno refused as the host took a sip.[break][break]

"So, Arno Haplis, was it? You're getting your first pokemon... pretty late, it seems?"[break][break]

Arno tried to hide his annoyance at the comment but the small grunt he gave in response probably told the Professor all he needed to hear. [break][break]

"Something like that. It's... a long story. Is it cool if I smoke in here, Doc?"[break][break]

"No, can't let you do that. If it's a long story I have time, that's why I called you here in the first place. I do these pre-screening interviews to make sure I'm giving my Pokemon to the right people. So, uh, tell me... why do you want to be a trainer, Arno?"[break][break]

Arno looked noticeably distressed at his lack of permission to smoke: it really calmed his nerves in these kind of situations, even if he rarely got the permission to do so. The dark-haired man stared into the ornate painted glass kettle the professor had poured from-- whatever was in their cup was a dark golden color. Well, he may as well try to relax.[break][break]

"Y'know what? I'll take a cup after all."[break][break]

The professor gestured toward Arno to speak as they poured the mysterious liquid into a matching painted glass cup.[break][break]

"Well, I've always wanted to be a trainer, ever since I was a kid. I grew up here in Mauville, and from pretty much the moment I learned to speak, I would chat up any passing trainers for advice or information. I desperately wanted to seem cool to them, and sometimes trainers would humor me and let me hang out with their Pokemon or let me guide them through the city. Back then, my parents ran like a Bodega that sold a bunch of useful stuff for trainers and locals. I think it was hard for my dad to let me go off and be a trainer, but when I was ten I finally convinced him to let me begin my journey on my next birthday."[break][break]

The professor placed the cup of tea in front of Arno, and he took a heavy sip of the liquid. It was warm, sweet, and oddly calming-- basically, it didn't taste like hot tea water which was a step above the rest in Arno's book.[break][break]

"Doc, what's in this--"[break][break]

"Ah, well, it's just my own concoction: Combee honey, a little bit of powdered Slowpoke Tail, and some dehydrated Oran Berry. Anyway, if you were going to set off on your journey the next year, then what happened?"[break][break]

Arno stared into the reflection in the marble table for a moment as his tone turned dour.[break][break]

"My mom died like a month before I turned eleven."[break][break]

The professor paused in mid-sip.[break][break]

"Oh."[break][break]

"Yeaaah, she was sick for like most of my life. It was always this thing that was looming but didn't seem to really affect her, at least on the outside. She always put a hundred and ten percent into being a good mom and being a good business owner. Obviously she wasn't perfect and I saw cracks every so often-- times when she got drunk and too emotional, times when she was cold to my dad, but I loved the hell out of her. And, y'know, my Dad was already overprotective..."[break][break]

"So your dad stopped you from being a trainer at a young age, then?"[break][break]

The professor paused, putting on a uncomfortable face. It appeared as if he had been more... direct than polite behavior should allow. Arno wasn't phased, though.[break][break]

"Kinda, sorta. It's not like he outright forbid it, but it was always this thing that was unspoken. He was having a hard time after my mom died so it's not like I could just leave. But after years and years, it felt like the mourning period never ended. A few years after my Mom died, he also lost his business and I always felt this need to support him however I could, even though I was only a kid. I studied hard and got a desk job in Rustboro City, working for one of the larger factories there. I made enough money to keep myself afloat and keep my dad well, so that was all that mattered to me at first..."[break][break]

"So what changed?"[break][break]

Arno scratched his head, trying to think of the best way to put things. [break][break]

"I- I wasn't happy. I thought I could be happy living for someone else for so long but I found out the means weren't worth it to me. I got really, really depressed and at some point, I kinda just hit rock bottom. I almost killed mysel-"[break][break]

Arno looked up, uncomfortable with the honesty of his words, but all the professor gave was a quiet, sympathetic look.[break][break]

"I'm sorry, am I oversharing?"[break][break]

"Share whatever you're comfortable with, I'm here to listen."[break][break]

Arno gave a weak smile and took a deep breath. [break][break]

"So, yeah. I almost killed myself-- I set everything up and I was gonna do it but instead I just broke down. I realized I needed to talk to someone about how I was feeling and I learned to take steps that would bring me actual happiness. I gave up on my dream so long ago, but I never even started, never even tried. Maybe I'm here later than I wanted to be, but I get the feeling it's never too late to take a first step, yeah?"[break][break]

Arno stared into the professor's eyes for some sort of acceptance or recognition, but he couldn't quite read them. The professor stood up, walked to the back of the greenhouse, and placed a small red and white ball onto the table.[break][break]

"Congratulations, Mr. Haplis. You pass."
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Pragati Narrow:400,700][googlefont=Inconsolata][googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.freiwantt]padding:9px;border:solid 1px #191919;background-color:#282828;text-align:justify;width:430px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantt1]background-color:#222222;padding:15px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantttop]background-color:#111111;color:#eeeeee;font:10px Inconsolata;letter-spacing:.3px;padding:15px;margin-bottom:5px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwantttop1]color:#dea02c;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttimg]padding:6px;border:solid 1px #191919;background-color:#1e1e1e;height:86px;width:86px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttimg img]height:86px;width:86px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttinfo]background-color:#1e1e1e;padding:14px;border:solid 1px #191919;margin-left:105px;height:70px;font:12px Quattrocento Sans;text-transform:lowercase;margin-bottom:5px;line-height:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttinfo b]color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttinfo table]margin:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttmid]border:solid 1px #191919;padding:14px;background-color:#1e1e1e;font:12px Inconsolata;margin-bottom:5px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttmid b]font:bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;color:#dea02c;padding-right:5px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttmid a]font:bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;color:#dddddd;padding-right:5px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttbot]border:solid 1px #191919;padding:24px;background-color:#1e1e1e;font:11px Inconsolata;letter-spacing:.3px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttbot b]font:bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freiwanttbot a]font:bold 11px Quattrocento Sans;color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Haplis, Arno
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2021 2:50:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WELCOME TO HOENN!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

congratulations on being accepted! ensure that you have read the site rules and view the getting started page should you require some guidance for the beginning of your journey. we hope you enjoy your stay in hoenn![break][break]

[break][break]
your character will begin with 50 pokedollars & 5 pokeballs,[break]which you can add to your personal computer (PC).

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]REMINDERS:

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks2"]FACE CLAIMS

MEMBER DIRECTORY

CREATE YOUR PC