murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
You've Been Spelunk'd! [s]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2021 10:19:10 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

"It is time for Shoal Cave Experience!"
Michi exclaimed.

The older woman stood in the center of the cavern, fully decked out in what was clearly brand-new, designer-brand climbing gear. Her puffy black hair had been pulled back into a low ponytail, which was tickling the nose of one of the Snoms currently strapped to her back. The other Snom was strapped to her front, giving her the appearance of some kind of overgrown, icy-shelled clam.

While she was waiting for her carrot seeds to grow, Michi had resolved to explore the cavern from the bottom up. She hadn't been spelunking since before winter vacation (climbing Zac's tower didn't count) so it was exciting to be back in the caves with her supportive Snom friends!

"Sammie, check!"

<Snosnom!>

"Snommie, check!"

<Nom-snom!>

"HIYAAAAH!" Michiko hurled her grappling hook, catching it on a ledge. Inside the cave, her cry echoed magnificently, reaching her from a hundred different places. It is a good thing no one comes here, she assured herself, testing her weight against the line. And if they did, they could only be hobby gardeners or spelunkers like herself!

Surprisingly footsure, she began to climb.

@chloe

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2021 22:27:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Yep!” Chloe spoke cheerfully, not realizing that Michiko had been worried over what she said. Realizing that she may have used a poor choice of words she began to blush, “I mean they are just rumors.. so I doubt that anything dangerous would show up! Maybe just one that no one really sees.” She did her best to try and reassure Michi, and was a little relived when the topic changed, her expression brightening when she mentioned cooking. “Yeah I bet they would be tasty!” She chuckled blinking a little when Michi suddenly shouted that she’d be making a fence. “That’s a good idea!” Chloe grinned as she replied, nodding at Michi’s advice. “Will do! You be careful as well” Her phone began to buzz in her pocket and she briefly paused to take a look at the message she just received, a small frown appearing on her face. “Well work calls, so I’ll have to get going now. ” She said with a brief annoyed sigh, while she loved being a ranger the job does come with it’s inconveniences. Looking back towards Michiko her lips curled into a bright smile, “It was nice meeting you michi! Stay well!” Bowing her head respectfully, Chloe waved goodbye and slowly began to trek down shoal cave’s icy walls once more.
[break]
+ , finisher!

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 1:08:42 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

“Oh?!”
The sudden voice came from a neighboring ledge further up the cavern wall. Michi almost missed her next foothold in surprise. “Someone is there!”

She craned her head back, trying to catch a glimpse of the speaker, and saw a younger woman with light brown hair peeping back at her. “Hello! Oh, are you okay? I have extra rope!” she called back, waving frantically before resuming her ascent.

Michi had taken a cave-climbing class while she’d been on Safari, but they had never covered rescuing other climbers! That said, she had heroically rescued Snoms before, so she was confident she could handle it.

She adjusted her course, finding the cut end of the girl’s rope along the way. It looked like it had been frayed by one of the many sharp ice crystals which bristled from the Shoal Cave walls— she would have to be careful!

Deciding not to go any further, Michi stopped at a neighboring ledge and took out her extra rope. She coiled it up, starting to get nervous. Could she throw it from here?

“Oka~ay!” she called, taking careful aim. “Stand back, please! I am throwing now! One... two...”

Anyone who’d ever seen her legendary Pokeball throws knew Michi’s hand-eye coordination was terrible, so it was no surprise she hurled the rope wide, far to the right of the ledge where Chloe was waiting.

“THREEEEEE!”

@chloe

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 2:41:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Chloe’s eyes would widen seeing how the woman almost slipped because of her shout, it wasn’t her intention to alarm her. Thankfully it looked like she was alright, and she sighed feeling relieved. “I’m Okay! Just need a rope! ” She’d respond calmer now, her fears of being stranded now vanquished since Michiko was here to rescue her, she even had a spare rope - Chloe was so fortunate that Michiko was here.
[break][break]
Chloe couldn’t help but feel stupid, she was a ranger and here she was awaiting for rescue from a civilian - it was ironic in a sense. She watched the woman climb towards a neighboring ledge, impressed at how well she did so, she guessed that she was an experienced spelunker! Doing as told Chloe stepped back, mentally preparing herself to catch the spare rope that the woman was going to throw her way. Eagerly nodding as Michiko began a count down, Chloe couldn’t help but feel nervous as well. If she was In Michiko’s shoes she probably would mess the toss up badly.
[break][break]
Turns out there wasn’t a reason to be worried, as the rope made it across. There were small tears of joy welling in Chloe’s eyes, picking up the rope she turned to Michiko and waved happily. “You have a great throwing arm miss!” She yelled towards her - replacing her old torn rope with the new one. Michiko’s rope was a lot more hardy compared to the one she used earlier, she finished tying the rope up. “Thank you so much! Your my savior.” The woman was very happy and relived, turning her attention back to Shoal Cave’s icy walls for a brief moment - she was able to see the peak of the wall not to far up. “I’m heading up! be careful of the ice, they were able to break my rope rather easily!” Chloe figured that Michiko was also aiming to climb up towards the peak - that’s where she could properly thank her. Using her grappler, Chloe resumed her ascent, this time way more cautious of any ice that poked out from the walls.
[break]
+

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 3:21:29 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

Somehow, the rope had made it over. Her heart had lurched as she’d seen it sailing wide, but thankfully it managed to land right at the stranded girl’s feet. “Oh! I did it!” Michi exclaimed, hugging Snommie (who was around her front) and then attempting to do the same for Sammie on her back (with less success.)

”No-no, it’s no trouble!” The older woman called back to the other climber, relieved she’d been able to do something. It would have been terrible if she’d had to leave the cave to go get help— what if something had come along and eaten her carrots while she was away?

She had wondered what kind of carrots needed to be planted somewhere so strange, but gardening was very complicated. Maybe the soil of Shoal Cave was very acidic, or maybe the fruit would be sweeter when grown somewhere cold! She was hoping that a cute and interesting ice rabbit would be summoned, or maybe a Snom.

Flashing Chloe the universal ‘okay’ sign (a circle that she made with both arms around her own head) Michi sidled out along her ledge again to resume her climb up. She was at a more difficult angle now than the one she’d originally planned, but the apex of the cavern was still clearly visible. It would be a great place to meet up!

Michi reached the peak only slightly ahead of the other girl, and was waiting there to offer her a hand and help pull her up once she got there. “You did very well!” she exclaimed, “I am impressed! Were you waiting a long time? I am sorry, I did not see you sooner...”

@chloe

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 4:20:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Chloe took a brief pause, glancing back at Michiko only to laugh happily at the woman’s sign. It made her reminisce of her mother - in a way the older woman reminded Chloe a lot of her own mother who was back home. They were both radiated a bright and warm aura, it only expanded Chloe’s desire of becoming like them, woman like that were a inspiration to her. Michiko’s climbing speed was astonishing to witness, she was a lot faster compared to Chloe.
[break][break]
There was a bit of a competitive side to Chloe and there was a desire to not let michiko beat her to the peak, but since her rope got torn once before - the last thing she wanted was for it to happen again. That didn’t stop her from trying to get there quickly though! Chloe tried her best to match Michiko’s pace, only to be beaten at the end. Smiling, Chloe would grab her Michiko’s hand pulling herself up with her help. Wiping some sweat off her forehead with the swipe of her hand, “Thanks once again! ” She smiled, taking a few breaths to slow down her rapid heartbeat.
[break][break]
She would take notice to the adorable little snoms that were attached to Michiko’s back and front, her expression quickly changed as she fawned over the pokemon. “Oh they are so adorable!” Chloe exclaimed delightfully giving them an adored stare before attention going back over towards Michiko. “Thank you! and no I was here for twenty minutes or so! I came to plant some carrot seeds.. apparently they can only be grown here or mt.pyre..” Chloe would briefly explain, realizing that she’d never introduce herself “Oh! My names Chloe, thank you miss..” her words trailed, hoping that the woman would grace her with a name.
+

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 2:21:15 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

“Oh, do you like?” Michi exclaimed, delighted Chloe had taken interest in her Snom. She loved the two ice-types in particular, and she was always happy when people recognized how cute they were. “The boy is named Sammie, and the girl is named Snommie! Sammie is, mm, not my Pokemon, but I take care of him for my friend.”

Her friend was a younger girl she’d met on Safari whose parents were allergic to bug-type Pokemon, so Michi had offered to let Sammie stay at her house. The two still visited often, so it was always a fun time!

“And I’m Michiko Maeda, it is...exciting!... to meet you.” Michi laughed. It was not a standard introduction! “Please—call me Michi!”

It was every bit as exciting when Chloe mentioned the carrot seeds. Michiko gasped, then was quick to cover her mouth with her hands. “Carrot seeds? I also was planting them here!”

There had been so much excitement near the end of the festival— Michiko had been on her way back to her car for the night when she’d seen the magnificent plum tree break the skyline and the souls of departing spirits making their way towards the other side. It had been inspiring, and beautiful. 

And of course, she’d opened her purse and caught as many Carrot Seeds as she could!

“They are maybe very special seeds,” Michiko said. Now that they were at the peak of Shoal Cave she could look out at the full view. This was always her favorite part— the light from the entrance refracted cool blue off of the ice crystals throughout the cave. It was like they stood above a great galaxy. “I hope they make delicious carrots!”

@chloe

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 23:36:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Even more delighted upon hearing the two names, it suited both of them very well. “Snommie and Sammie? They both are quite adorable” a pleased smile painted on her face as she complimented the two, she always had a soft spot for cute little pokemon. Giving a nod when she explained that she was watching one for a friend. If someone capable like michiko was watching her pokemon, she’d be reassured.
[break][break]
Pleasure to meet you Michi!” Chloe was happy to call her by a nickname, usually having to address most adults by Mrs/Mr it was a nice change! Her head tilted a little confused by Michi’s sudden gasp, it was then Chloe realized that the two were both here for the same reasons. “What a coincidence” Chloe replied with lighthearted laughter, pulling out her own seeds to show them to Michi. “Yeah, I hope so too! ” Her voice was eager, and she’d look down an amazed look in her eyes - looking at shoal cave from such a high location made it look really pretty.
[break][break]
Though, I’ve heard rumors that a crazy pokemon will show up once they are full grown!
+

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 16:00:17 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

“A... crazy Pokemon?”

Michi had been feeling happy, but now she felt very worried. How crazy was this Pokemon? She had met some big, aggressive Pokemon before, but Zac and Matchan had been with her then. Usually Pokemon were drawn to berries, not vegetables— the carrots must be very, very special if Pokemon were interested!

“Oh,” she finally said, still taken aback. “Well, I hope it does not eat all the carrots. I wanted to put them in dinner for my husband.” She had read on the internet that carrots took 60-80 days to be ready, so by then she’d been hoping Mickey would be home from sabbadical and they could eat nikujaga and carrots together.

...Now it seemed silly!

“I will make a fence,” she decided out loud, then turned to Chloe earnestly. “Oh! Chloe, you also should be careful! A crazy Pokemon is... mm, not good, I think.” The older woman nodded, assured of her words, but then giggled. “...It is a little exciting, though,” she admitted shyly. Maybe she would like the Pokemon! As long as they both tried their best, she was sure they would succeed. 

@chloe

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 23:09:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Yep!” Chloe spoke cheerfully, not realizing that Michiko had been worried over what she said. Realizing that she may have used a poor choice of words she began to blush, “I mean they are just rumors.. so I doubt that anything dangerous would show up! Maybe just one that no one really sees.” She did her best to try and reassure Michi, and was a little relived when the topic changed, her expression brightening when she mentioned cooking. “Yeah I bet they would be tasty!” She chuckled blinking a little when Michi suddenly shouted that she’d be making a fence. “That’s a good idea!” Chloe grinned as she replied, nodding at Michi’s advice. “Will do! You be careful as well” Her phone began to buzz in her pocket and she briefly paused to take a look at the message she just received, a small frown appearing on her face. “Well work calls, so I’ll have to get going now. ” She said with a brief annoyed sigh, while she loved being a ranger the job does come with it’s inconveniences. Looking back towards Michiko her lips curled into a bright smile, “It was nice meeting you michi! Stay well!” Bowing her head respectfully, Chloe waved goodbye and slowly began to trek down shoal cave’s icy walls once more.
[break]
+ , finisher!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 6:59:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@chloe
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 21:53:21 GMT
shiv Avatar

CONGRATULATIONS!

REAP YOUR HARVEST!

YOUR HARVEST COMES EARLY. returning to this cold cave gifts you with more than just goosebumps. where the seeds were planted are iceroot carrots: chilled root vegetables with a cool blue flesh.

it comes as a surprise that these seeds have actually grown into something. despite their hardy nature, is such a place like this appropriate for the growing of produce? nevertheless, hoenn's land is fertile. perhaps, it is due to the tapu bulu's reawakening— or something else, like an aged bioenergy attempting to course through once dormant veins.

as you pluck the carrots, you can't help but feel like you're being watched.

to move on to the next step, you must create one more thread in SHOAL CAVE. you can participate with another character, should you so desire. once you (and your partner, if you have one) have posted, please post in MODERATION REQUESTS. afterward, will post what you must do.

@chloe