passing out pieces

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 20:13:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He’s nervous, which is a given. Anyone in his position would be, especially if their life had been as mundane and deflated as his own had been even up until this point.

Meeting someone new? Not only that but someone you’ve never really spoken to. Someone who is apart of an entirely different world than yours. Someone who could have dubious intentions for you because they know they can get a quick buck off of you. Someone who can be an entirely different person than what they’ve described. Nervousness had turned to skittishness and skittishness to pure terror.

It was obvious to anyone who viewed him that all was not well with him, his expression sullen and face seeming paler than than his complexion should allow. He was a sight to behold in the afternoon sun.

But soon enough, after much scouting and unneeded overthinking, he ducks into an alleyway, heart beating a mile a minute as he continued down it.

Is this alright? Am I in the right place? Should I turn around now? I can still turn around. Just turn around right now. Stop walking forward, turn around now.

Despite the pleas from that little voice in the back of his head, he persist forward, eventually coming upon the woman he had messaged to meet. Upon reaching his destination, he simply stares, stone faced and calm, the outward appearance betraying everything he had currently felt inside.

...” He stands in silence, looking at the woman with both hand to their respective sides, not completely sure if this was the person he had been set to meet, but too disheartened to ask if it was.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 19:10:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Today was such a productive day for the ever-busy Genevieve, all her appointments were kept and on time, and she even got to pick up some of her favorite flowers to place in her work apartment. Her day would almost be complete and she would have the rest of it to herself, but she had one more appointment to attend. Sipping a cup of coffee with enough milk and sugar to make it taste more like hot chocolate she found herself looking over the file she had built for a man named Eliz. He was referred to her by another customer of hers and so she decided to give this person a chance so that they could get a feel for each other. Yes, it was true she a peddler of not particularly legal medicinal wares, and with that understood she felt that there should be some sort of basic understanding between a dealer and her customer. Not everyone was meant for each other and she needed to make sure what she had was something he wanted.

" Mam, it looks like your six o'clock is here a hour early, do you want me to let him up?. "

A voice would pull her out of her own thoughts and she quickly pressed the button to the intercom letting the voice know that he was ok to come up. Genevieve was impressed and made a mental note of her possible new sheep. She liked punctuality but to come a whole hour early made things much smoother for her. Without missing a beat she glided from behind her oak desk and retrieved two gift bags filled with a few special goodies. One was for if this arrangement went well and the other was for if they were to part ways and never do business at all. Setting those two aside she place out a plate of fresh cookies and set up the flowers she picked up, a bundle of black, purple, and blue Roselia flowers. Their scent filled the room and it was wonderful and it even hit her with it's relaxing effects.

Dani folded her arms and leaned against the brick wall. Her job was never hard as she was only to make sure the right people got upstairs to her boss. It was easy work for generous pay so she did her job well and never got a complaint. She had a list of all who were suppose to arrive and the times so when a tall dark man came into the alleyway she already knew who it was. "You're a little early. Boss's waiting for you upstairs. Follow me." Leading the way the tall and rather muscular woman walked up to a door a little further down the alleyway and punched in a few numbers into the keypad before it opened up to revel an elevator. Stepping inside one could see it was clean and completely made of glass. This would be the door that would led Eliz to a new world if he chose to follow the women inside, something that was completely up to him.

@eliz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 20:41:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He takes a gulp then steps forward, mentally preparing himself as the elevator rose higher and higher, his focus on the door and not to the person that had led him.

If he didn’t look at her she wouldn’t do anything to him right? That had to be how it worked. It’s like how you never show your teeth or look a Lycanroc in the eye unless you want to fight it, if he just used that knowledge in this situation then it would end fine for him. Not that he was comparing this woman to a pokemon or anything, that would be rude, he would never do that… It’s not like she could even hear his thoughts anyways… right?

In his silence he looks over his shoulder slightly before turning his attention towards the door once more. He thinks, attempting to communicate to the woman and test if she had some sort of sixth sense. “Can you hear me?” The only question on his mind as they moved closer to their destination.

Whether or not she had responded to his thoughts- Eliz making the assumption that it was obvious she could not hear him- he would take a step off the elevator and into the apartment.

In an instant, his senses were overwhelmed, Eliz coming to a stop and blinking a few times as to adapt to his new environment. The pleasant smells that had welcomed him were a far cry from what he had become accustomed to during his route here, the night market an unamiable source of smells and sounds that could easily put one on edge as well as a sour taste in the mouth. To be greeted by the comfort that the apartment had radiated was an instant settler to his mood. He could not help but question her intentions for only a moment before he once more fell into a sense of calm.

Though mentally cautious, Eliz would move forward calmly, the stone face presented further backing up the bluff that he was a fully functional person and not at all out of his element. Upon reaching her, he comes to a stop, looking over her whether she had been seated or standing and offered his hand for a handshake.

Eliz.” He says smoothly, awaiting interception.

Wait… is this how you introduce yourself to drug dealers? Is he doing this right?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 21:26:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar

It wouldn't take long for her guest to enter the apartment and she would be ready to greet him when he did. Standing in a dark blue dress with gold accents and a pair of white high heels that made a pleasant " click " when she walked on the marble floor of her apartment, Genevieve was someone who was a dream to look at. Her warm smile and kind eyes connected with Eliz's and she didn't break that contact when she walked from behind her desk and reached for his hands with both of hers.

It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Genevieve and that strapping young woman behind you is Dani. She's a treat don't let her fool you, a big teddy bear that one is. But please have a seat, have a cookie have a few cookies. would you like anything to drink? coffee? tea? water? Liquor? I have a wonderful rum if you'd like to try that.

Genevieve spoke with ease as she found her seat behind her desk, the plush dark chair in front of her would be empty until Eliz found his own body into it. She didn't know how much time the man had but she had plenty and she wanted him to be as comfortable as possible while he was in her presence. It wouldn't do if he was uncomfortable and on edge, especially for the purpose of his intended visit.

@eliz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 22:44:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The sudden friendliness she expresses is a shock to his stimuli, Eliz’s expression stifling for a millisecond as she takes his hand and begins her onslaught of offers. It’s slightly off putting but he is swiftly grounded by the charm that she exudes, unable to feel anything but welcomed by her presence.

...I’m okay. Thank you.

Is the only thing he can bring himself to say, forfeiting a response to anything she had said prior to her offers of inebriation. The only offer he would partake in would be the offer of the seat, Eliz stepping towards it carefully before finally taking his place on the plush padded throne.

He remains silent, hands idly fiddling with each other as he struggled to find the right words to say.

/Easy Liz, you know what you came here for and so does she. No need to be on edge- Those cookies look good, she said you can take one- Ooooh but what if it’s a test and she’s just seeing if you’re easy enough to take the bait. Better not to just to be careful./

He reaches for a cookie, taking a bite out of it and looking into the treat.

/YOU DUMMY, WHY DID TAKE ONE ANYWAYS?! Oh. Wait.... they’re pretty good. Even if it’s a trap they’re kinda worth it. Give her a compliment./

Mmm.” He hums with a calm and comforting smile. “Did you make these or are they store bought?

/That wasn’t a compliment./

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 0:44:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar

It was amusing to see this man go from stone-faced to smiling and content, all with a cookie. Though amused she was also pleased because now it was time to get down to the nitty-gritty of what they were both here for. Sitting back in her chair she could only chuckle at his question. The cookies were baked by hers truly but she could see how one could think otherwise. She got her love of baking from her mother and her mother use to be a well-known baker in her hometown before retiring, passing those skills down to her in hopes that she wouldn't follow her father's path. That of course did not work but it was still a great skill to possess.

I baked them myself, it sounded like you liked it, I'm happy. Those small moments make it worth it when I create something. Not needing to hear a word of praise but having it come from genuine feelings that can be shown in small ways.

It filled her with great pride that anyone could like anything she created. That's why she did what she did, she got high off of the gratification of others though of course, that's not the only way she had gotten high.

Well I'm sure you are a very busy man and I'd hate to keep you long though I really wish I could. Now let's start with the fact that what I sell you is one hundred percent natural. It won't hurt you, it'll do no damage to any part of your body, but I won't sit here and say it's not highly addictive because it is, still illegal as all hell. I have something for everyone and something to tackle most ails, and if I don't have it I'll make every attempt to make it.

She paused briefly to let those words sink in, she was serious about her business because it was something she enjoyed doing. She didn't particularly need the money but it was a nice bonus. Pulling a purple Roselia Rose from the vase she carefully swirled it around, letting the calming scent waft near her.

So what ails you? Anxiety? Muscle pains? Running away from some sort of trauma? Or do you just want to enjoy yourself? You don't have to tell me, though it does help with me giving you recommendations of my product. You coming to me probably means you've already used some sort of drugs at some point or another so if you want you could also tell me what you want or I can have you try everything. You'll be with me for a few days but I'm almost certain you'll find what you're looking for.

A smile played on her lips once more, this one less warming and more smug, more predatory. She was weaving her web, the one that caught many before. It wouldn't matter if he left here her customer or not because she was almost certain that no matter what happened here today he would leave with something that would lead him right back her.

@eliz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 5:02:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
They’re very good.” He states in response, wishing he had continued with more words of praise in which she would likely roll her eyes in response.

But his silence was something short regretted, especially when she was so sudden to switch into her business face.

It was endearing but also intimidating the way she had spoken, Eliz reverting to his stony exterior upon finishing off the cookie, hands placed onto his thighs as his attention had been called to her.

She was long winded, but every word she spoke sounded as if it was perfectly placed, Eliz in awe of her verbal acuity. He was utterly enamored in this moment, listening as intently as she had spoken.

...” His lips slightly purse together upon the woman finishing her spiel, the stone face persisting and seeming to continue portraying the facade he appeared to keep- though really he was just at a loss for words.

Of course he should answer her, but the intimidation he felt in succeeding her was akin to hopping over a bottomless chasm. He was absolutely choked up.

Forgive me, ma’am.” He states calmly before releasing an Indeedee, the pokemon promptly focusing its energy into a Calm Mind before grabbing the man’s hand, Synchronizing with the man’s mental state.

His eyes close as he takes a breath in- /inhale/-… and a breath out -/exhale/- he was calmed. Eyes open slowly after he had caught his breath, Eliz looking over at the Indeedee and nodding before it shifted over to the side, politely bowing its head and staying nearby the man.

It’s far from my intentions to make a scene in front of you; This is a side of mine that I’d rather keep to myself and my therapist after all, but flare ups like this do happen from time to time- which is exactly why I have my partner here.

Catching himself, he takes another breath, the Indeedee, standing idly by with a kind smile on her lips.

I have a severe case of anxiety. It’s manageable in most situations but every so often there comes a bump that causes my mind to overthink even more than it already does. As I said before, in most cases I can manage, but sometimes there's a crack too deep for me to step over, which is where my partner comes into play.

He gestures over to the Indeedee, the pokemon waving to Genevieve.

This Indeedee was given to me in order to help sort out my episodes when they flare up as well as being a constant balancer during my everyday life. But as of late I feel like I’ve been putting too much work on her shoulders.

Hands grip his knees to cope with the unease he presently felt.

..which is why I came to you. I want something that can even me out so I can put less weight on Zahra’s shoulders.

Eliz did not mean to share his life story with a complete stranger, but at this moment- where he was emotionally and physically vulnerable- he could not help but divulge such information.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 1:41:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She never knew what to expect when it came to meeting new potential customers and because of that, she learned to accept anything that came her way. So it wasn't a surprise to her when Eliz let out a pokemon and did what she could only assume was something to calm himself down, something she soon realized she would be right about as he spoke. It seemed her dear customer had a horrible case of anxiety, which was one of the things she listed off because it wasn't uncommon ail to have. The interesting thing was how he went about curing himself, she had never seen someone use a pokemon to take on the burden of something that could be so mentally debilitating. To say that she was impressed by his ingenuity was an understatement.

Hmm, Dani put on a pot of water, please. And turn on some music, you like jazz?

Looking from Eliz to his Indeedee and back to Eliz, she nodded her head before standing up and walking out of the main living room area and disappearing down a hall into one of the rooms off to the side. Not one of her customers would ever see this room, no matter how close they thought they were to her. The only person who had ever stepped foot in this room was her and she would keep it that way seeing as it held every single thing she would ever sell to her customers.

Grabbing a small gold and green decorative gift box she began walking around the room, opening chests and drawers and filling up the box with the contents she pulled out. Smooth jazz began to fill her as she walked out of the room, locking the door behind her and moving to the kitchen. From the cabinets, she pulled out a jar of her own personal special blended tea. This tea had dried roses of Roselia, lemon zest, lavender, and just a few spores from the Parasect mushroom. Pulling out a glass cup she poured the water in and steeped the tea, adding a bit of honey before returning to the room.

You've caused no scene here I assure you. You've only helped me further in aiding you so I really should be thanking you for making this so easy for me.

Placing the tea down in front of him along with the green and gold gift box, she returned to her seat. The smell of the tea filled the air between the two which was just as effective as drinking it. She was proud of that blend and what it was made to do and she was even more proud when she started to explain exactly what it would do for Eliz. Leaning back in her chair and folding one leg over the other she got real comfortable, picking up the rose she held before, twirling it around as she really did love those roses.

Please drink some of the tea. It's a special blend that I've created myself. It greatly reduces and depending on how strong I make it, eliminates the symptoms of anxiety altogether and keeps them away for about three to four hours I'd say. It has the added effect of being delicious in my opinion.

Now as for the box, it's filled with a few goodies to do what the tea does but they have some other added side effects. I've also added some of the tea in there in the form of teabags. There are pills, cookies, things that look like small square papers that you place on your tongue, and I even added a stress ball that releases a scent to calm you down, I can make that one better if you are willing to give me a bit of your DNA but it does its job on it own.

Every item in that box will help you and every item has instructions on how to use them and my phone number in case you have any questions. Though I'm sure you have some now so you can fire away at any time

Her smile returned, nice, warm, and fuzzy. He wouldn't be needing that therapist too much longer if she had anything to do with it, and she would make sure she had everything to do with that. Her whole demeanor radiated warmth, someone who wanted to help, someone who cared, she was a person and a place that one could be safe with, and soon he would realize that if he hadn't already She didn't stop weaving her web, not even for a second.

@eliz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2021 23:39:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
At the question of musical predilection, Eliz would simply nod, words unspoken as she moves from her seat and out of sight.

When she returns she places down the tea and a box, the scent of both pungent and effective enough to lessen the feeling of unease that had persisted upon her return.

Okay…” He says passively to drinking the tea, taking the cup and slowly bringing it to his mouth, a couple of sips taken quietly.

The taste is… nice. It’s not bitter, it's not overpowering, it's just right. It made him feel nice and warm inside, a flush forming in his darkened cheeks. He could only assume the effects were not instant, but he could not fight the feeling of comfort the drink gave him- that she gave him. Its likely the bait she used for many a consumer before but he could see why anyone would fall prey to the trap she had so delicately laid out.

As his mind wandered, so did his hands, gently picking into the box and eyeing the goodies within, spotting them as they were listed off. The way she easily arranged these… Eliz could only wonder how long she had been doing this; if any care went into it at all or if it was a matter of assessment and deduction. In any case he was astounded by the speed in which she had prepared the box.

How much?

Is the only question he raised, the stone faced exterior persisting through and through.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 16:24:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar

And here they were, nearly at the end of their transaction, the payment. In reality, none of her customers could afford what she gave them. When she first started her business she realized that, and very soon after would adjust the price and the product on a case by case basis. As time went on she did away with a monetary payment and went for something more practical for both her and her clients. Shaking her head she wondered if Eliz would be the kind of man to insist on paying with money rather than what she would accept.

It's been a few years now but I don't accept money as payment anymore. The first batch is free, but if you come again and we make this arrangement a little more permanent...

The price for my goods and services comes in the form of favors of varying degrees. Maybe one day I need you to drive me around or perhaps accompany me to a meeting, oh I could ask for any number of things and it might not make sense or be particularly safe but I think it's a good trade-off in the end. I may even save favors and ask nothing of you for a good while, before popping up and cashing them all in.

This payment is what caused her to gain many customers in a very short amount of time, so much so that she's able to pick and choose who she wants to serve. To her, Eliz was a very interesting person and they had just met. She wanted to see more of him but she knew it was up to him to seek her out. She found herself entertained that he didn't even question what side effects came with the other pieces she put in his bag but it didn't matter because none of them were negative so he would have fun finding out on his own. She looked forward to that day of course but stayed quiet to give him the floor once again.

@eliz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2021 14:51:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A chill runs up his spine, the terrible thoughts that he had imagined before even walking into the building coming to fruition. This was debt.

There is no mistake in his hearing, he is sure of that, the woman plainly stating what she had as clear as day- but for intrusive thoughts to become reality? It was a hard pill to swallow to say the least.

Never having expected to even get close to dealing with the shady sort as this, Eliz was once more at a loss for words, hands gripping the teacup’s handle tightly, threatening to shatter it off within his palm. So he sets the cup down onto the desk that separates them, hands once more resting in his lap as he takes a breath.

...I understand.

He says plainly, eyeing the box before them before slowly moving to grab it with both hands.

I…” He bites his tongue, feeling as if voicing his emotions at this moment would be seen as unprofessional considering his most recent outburst. He was already asking too much of her as is, the victim thinks.

Thank you for this, Miss Genevieve.

He stands with a half bow.

Saying he hopes the two of them can meet again would be a lie, for he knows the fate that befalls him if they do.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 13:55:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar

This had to be the smoothest and easiest transaction she had to date. Her new customer wasn't combative, asked too many questions, it was almost too easy. She almost felt like she was taking advantage of the guy and she was but this felt a little different. Shrugging off her feelings she looked at the clock on the wall above the elevator that led out of the apartment. They had been here for a while now and it was time to end it here. Plucking one of the gift bags from under her chair she placed it in front of Eliz. Since he chose to stay there were more goodies for him to have and she was happy to give him more of them.

Before you go I just want to give you this thank you gift bag for taking time out of your day to see me. There are some gift cards for various restaurants and shops, a few more baked " goodies ", teas, and three special tickets that will allow you to either see me without an appointment or trade one in as payment instead of doing a favor for me. Dani will escort you out and even drive you to your destination if you need. Have a good day and I hope to see you again.

With that, she would wave him goodbye once he got up from his seat. Yes this was truly another productive day.

@eliz

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 20:25:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#c199a7[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
THE EASTER LOPUNNY HAS ARRIVED! from its basket of eggs and gifts, it grants you the following item:[break]
[break]
(ooc: you do not need to engage with the lopunny icly).[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
passing out pieces
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 3:20:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@eliz