3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 23:00:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Everything happened so fast. Her life was somewhat in order. There was a veil of happiness pulled around her that blocked out all the terrible signs of what was to come. The resulting League press conference ripped the veil away, tearing it part and throwing the tattered mess aside. Now, she would never see the world the same.

In all honesty, she wasn’t quite sure how to feel. Pain, anger, and anxiety fought for control. The wave of emotions made her irrational and unpredictable, even more so than usual. In a blind demand for justice, she had re-enlisted in the Hoenn army without a second thought, leaving her career as a Ranger behind. But underneath it all there was a deep sense of despair. The resurgence of Rocket awakened the trauma from her past that lay dormant. Regardless, Eva’s sense of duty triumphed over the fear.

After a series of life altering decision, she found herself here in Oldale Town, standing at a distance from @simone’s flower shop. Just watching. She didn’t know how long she had been standing there, the seconds quickly turned into minutes.

Eva knew why she was there. She was seeking some semblance of normalcy and comfort in Simone’s arms. Her hesitation stemmed from the implications that came with her new duties. Eva knew all too well the life of a soldier and what that meant for loved ones. The doctor refused to rest that burden on anyone’s shoulders but her own.

Eventually she knocked, three light taps on the flower shop door. Simone knew she was coming, she sent him a text to make sure it was alright.

On the other side of the door Simone would find a strange and unfamiliar Eva. Her emerald eyes would be void of their normally cheerful gleam, replaced with a sense of emptiness exaggerated by the subtle evidence of previously cried tears. He may notice a degree of tension in her posture, as if she was fighting to keep something bottled up. Overall she seemed dull, a bruised and broken woman whose world just got immensely more complicated.

@simone

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2021 23:40:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]
It was just another normal day for Simone. Business had been a little slower then usual, so he found time in tidying up the small shop; sweeping, dusting, organizing, opening up the windows for the sun to shine through. It was a routine of sorts and without doing it Simone would feel a little strange as he grew accustomed to it. His day was a little dull.. nothing really special had happened so when an unexpected text from Miss Eva arrived Simone was extremely pleased.
Eva: I want to see you, mind If I stop by?
Simone: Absolutely, Miss Eva. I've been wanting to see you as well! Have a safe commute and see you soon. ^-^
[break][break]

He found it a little strange that Eva didn't respond, she was pretty quick when it came to texting but he figured that it was because she had been on the way. Simone gently hummed, giving Peony a gentle wave as she came down the steps. "Miss Eva will be visiting, splendid huh Peony?" Simone was clearly happy - wearing a big bright grin as he asked the Lilligant. Peony nodded back, also delighted that Eva would be returning.
[break][break]
Simone barely heard the gentle knocks on the door. He found it a little strange, if it was Eva normally she'd just open the door. He figured that it was a customer, "Yees! coming.." Upon opening the door he was shocked at the sight, it had been Eva but she was completely different from the usual cheerful doctor. His heart lurched at how broken Eva looked all he wanted to do was embrace her in a gentle warm hug. "Eva, I'm glad you made it.. come lets sit and chat" Simone spoke gently, swinging the door open. For now the best thing was to find out why Eva was so broken.

[newclass=.echo]width:82px;height:82px;-webkit-transition:all 0.7s ease;transition:all 0.7s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.echo:hover]-webkit-transform: scale(0.9, 0.9);transform: scale(0.9, 0.9)-webkit-transition:all 0.7s ease;transition:all 0.7s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 0:55:10 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

When the door opened she was hit with the calming, familiar scent of the flower shop. She inhaled deeply, turning her eyes up at him, “Hi Simone,” she greeted. There was a half-forced smile that tugged at her lips. Seeing him did make her happy. There was an understandably concerned look in his brilliant blue eyes, but Eva relished in their soft gaze.

Eva entered the flower shop and took a quick look around. Her eyes fell on Peony who she greeted with a small smile and nod of her head, “Looks nice in here,” she commented softly, an attempt to avoid a painful silence and keep herself distracted, “How has business been?” she asked casually, turning to look back over at Simone.

As hard as she tried, she wasn’t going to be able to mask the pain in her eyes. She knew why she was here. She knew what she wanted to, no, had to talk about but she wanted to delay it as long as she could. She didn’t know how Simone would take her news, “What, no hug hello?” she was half joking, evident by the small smirk on her lips. The other half of the tone was desperate for his warm embrace. Half the reason she came here was in a frantic search for comfort.

@simone

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 2:13:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]
A little slow.. He commented briefly with a small sigh, scratching his hair with a hand. He spoke softly and slowly giving the doctor another concerned look, unsure if she had a bad day at work or if there was something bigger going on.. in any case, he just needed to be there for her whatever the reason may be. Simone blinked at Eva’s comment he laughed softly at her small joke, he was unsure why there was hesitation in the beginning - maybe just the sight of Eva looking so broken startled him more then he thought. “How silly of me” Simone said, quickly moving over to embrace Eva in a compassionate gentle hug.
[break][break]
There was a small lump in his throat as he asked “What’s on your mind?” He wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to be so direct, as he had no idea what to expect.

[newclass=.echo]width:82px;height:82px;-webkit-transition:all 0.7s ease;transition:all 0.7s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.echo:hover]-webkit-transform: scale(0.9, 0.9);transform: scale(0.9, 0.9)-webkit-transition:all 0.7s ease;transition:all 0.7s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2021 15:24:29 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Business may have been slow, but the shop looked beautiful. Fresh flowers really did bring a sense of joy and beauty to life. Hell, it was even working a bit for Eva. She admired the blossoms around them with a soft smile before Simone chuckled and approach her with a bug.

Eva sank into his warm embrace, settling her head on his chest while wrapping her arms around his waist. She already felt a bit better with his arms wrapped around her. It was amazing what a little human contact could do.

Simone would feel a heavy sigh once he asked his question. That was a loaded question, there were a lot of things on her mind, “The world’s goin to shit, Simone,” she whispered to really sum it all up. Eva pulled back to look up at him, “Did you see the end of that press conference?” just thinking about the fallacies presented about Kanto by that smug Rocket character made her heart rate spike and anger creep back in.

@simone

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 4:38:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]
As he held Eva in his arms he gently stroked Eva’s hair, Simone tried his best to comfort her with his touch. Listening to her as she spoke, there was a brief moment where Simone looked confused. Unsure what she had been to referring to, not until she mentioned the press conference. Simone had pushed the press conference to the back of his mind; telling himself not to worry about it, that the league would keep their word to protect hoenn. He had been convincing himself that things will turn out fine.
[break][break]
“Yes.. I did” Simone responded slowly, he could understand why Eva was upset but he wanted to reassure her that everything will be fine. “I have my faith in the league.. That they will fight to protect us all.” Simone wasn’t sure if his words would provide comfort to Eva, it almost seemed as if that there was another reason why Eva seemed so angry, one that Simone didn’t know.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2021 16:11:28 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva desperately wishes she had the will power and confidence to not be bother by it all. As an employee of The League she should have the utmost confidence in them. Unfortunately, past experiences with Rocket carved deep scars into her and they were hard to just push aside. Simone’s blind faith in The League was understandable, but Eva’s history had taught her otherwise.

But why wasn’t he upset. Hell, why wasn’t everyone upset? She felt like she was the only damn one in Hoenn that was having an appropriate reaction, “Yea, well, that wasn’t enough in Kanto,” she bitterly responded, pulling away from Simone and turning away with her arms crossed.

There was moment of silence while she collected herself, “There’s a war coming, Simone. Guarantee it.”

@simone

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 8:37:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]
Simone struggled to say anything to make Eva feel better. Her sudden bitterness made him flinch, finding this new side of her to be shocking. When she abruptly pulled away, Simone’s gaze drifted elsewhere. He stared at the window; the sun made him slightly more eased.
[break][break]
With a deep inhale he looked back at Eva. After hearing the words come from her mouth, Simone’s eyes displayed a small panicked look. For a few moments he was silent, his eyes once again drifting away.
[break][break]
He never told Eva this but Simone served when Hoenn was at war. Those days were utter Hell. Would the league really get involved with another one..? Simone wasn’t sure why Eva seemed so convinced that there would be another war, it made him upset.“I’m sure that things will work out... I strongly doubt that there will be a war.. The league will stop them.”

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 23:52:37 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva was lost in her own world, eyes fixed on the floor below her feet. The doctor had no idea her words could be so triggering for the shop keeper. He had never shared his history, so there was no way of knowing. Ignorant to the fact that he had his own reasons for his hesitation, Eva still couldn’t help but feel the pinch of annoyance claw at her.

”Your faith is admirable . . . I wish I felt the same way,” the words proceeded a heavy sigh. Her shoulders sank, curling in on themselves while a hand raised to press against her forehead.

“Unfortunately, life experience tells me otherwise,” Eva finally sat down. She sank into the chair and leaned against the table with her chin in her palm, “Kanto severely underestimated them,” she admitted. That was probably the most frustrating part of her story. With more preparation, and proper insight, Kanto may still be the Kanto she remembered and loved. Instead, it was a hostile place under the oppressive rule of a dictatorship.

“I – I can’t loss Hoenn too,” there was a tremble in her voice, the threat of tears in her eyes when looked back up at Simone.

@simone

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 4:51:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]
Lost in thought, Simone blinked upon hearing Eva’s words. He only trusted the league as he felt they were more capable.Despite all the backlash against them, he had a feeling that they were dependable.

Maybe he was being too faithful, but he didn’t want to fall into despair; not yet at least. There was a heavy sigh, Eva’s fears were understandable, “We won’t lose Hoenn.” He stated confidently, giving her a firm pat.

The people in this region are a lot more stubborn then you think.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 20:35:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

The way she looked up at @simone faded into a bit of surprise. A silence where she found herself at a loss of words. It wasn’t just the blind faith that surprised her. She was sitting here, on the verge of tears, and the best he could do was a firm pat?

She sharply exhaled in a way that hid a small grunt of frustration for this whole situation, “Well, I hope that’s the case,” the words ended in a sigh as she gathered the words she came her to tell him. Better to just rip off the bandage, right?

“I enlisted . . . again,” Simone knew enough about her history to know what that meant, “I couldn’t live with myself if I didn’t,” she didn’t necessarily want to fight Rocket again . . . she needed to. She’d pour everything into the protection of Hoenn, “They made me a Captain,” she was surprised by the initially high rank, though not entirely considering her history.

@simone

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 2:46:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]

He felt guilt for not being able to do more for her, but didn't know how to console her. He was hesitant; with his words and actions. Simone sighed as well giving the blonde a small confident nod, he was sure that Hoenn would be fine. The region had dealt with far worse. His lips parted a little upon hearing the words escape from Eva's lips, blue eyes widened out of disbelief.

"O-oh" He stated still unsure how to take the news. Though in a way he expected it, after all the doctor was the most courageous person he knew. There was a temptation to persuade her in leaving, but deep down he understood that he wouldn't be able to convince her. "Captain.." Simone repeated it hadn't been surprising, she deserved the rank.

"Your brave Eva, more courageous then I'll ever be." He remarked gently his lips forming a soft smile. "How soon till you depart?" Simone couldn't stop himself from asking, knowing that it would be difficult to meet after she leaves.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 22:59:17 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Simone was right to think there was no talking her out of this. It’s where the belonged, what she was good at. It was disappointing to jump back into her previous lifestyle but at the same time, it felt right. There was something missing, a void she tried to fill with adrenaline. None of it was ever enough.

Eva scoffed lightly at the comment, a subtle shake of her head. Many described her as ‘brave’. But was it really bravery? Or was it actually stupidity? Sure, there may be a degree of bravery to it. When it was numbed by the constant search for a thrill, it didn’t quite feel like that anymore. It just felt normal. And that’s how she needed it to feel. There couldn’t be a second hesitation when faced with any degree of danger. Staying in small town Hoenn would steal that from her, give her the sweet taste of a humble, satisfying life.

“Soon . . . very soon, I’m moving to Ever Grande in the next few days,” They had grander plans for her that included a shiny new lab and fancy new title she was unaware of at the moment, “I’m sorry, Simone,” she whispered, her gaze focusing on her fidgeting fingers. Anyone with half a brain knew what this all implied. She wasn’t going to drag him into her unsustainable lifestyle.

@simone

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 5:37:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","echo"]

"You don't need to apologize.." Simone tells her softly, he leans in for a warm embrace. He's sad to know that she's putting herself at risk, he wanted Eva to live normally. It's what she deserved. "I'm the one who should apologize" He releases a small sigh scratching at his head. "Sorry for not being able to comfort you.. I just was surprised." It wasn't an excuse but he hoped that she would forgive him.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Bruised and Broken [s|c]
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 19:49:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva happily met his warm embrace, the weight of the news she held lifted off her with his acceptance, “You don’t need to apologize either, it was . . . unexpected,” for them both, she was sure. Eva leaned back from the embrace to study him for a moment. She’d certainly miss those soft blue eyes, “Thank you,” she whisper before placing a gentle kiss on his cheek.

“I really should be going, though,” she didn’t want to linger too long, a nervous laugh attempted to make it more lighthearted, “I’ve got a lot of packing to do,”

Slowly, she moved towards the door, reluctant to leave Simone behind but the call to duty was irresistible, “Call me if you’re ever in Ever Grande. I’ll have you over for breakfast,” she promised with a light smile, “Can’t promise it’ll be as good as yours though,”

@simone