awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
don't [burn] the kitchen down [s][c]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 0:37:58 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

If there was something Lars wasn’t expecting to get, it was this.

There was a message from one of the extended family—sitting there in his inbox, flashing at him. Waiting to be read. He wondered if it was from someone who knew where his asshat of a dad was.

…surprisingly, it wasn’t. However it was also something much more concerning, considering that—

“They did—what?” he groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose before rereading the message again to ensure he didn’t get it wrong.

Why would they leave her alone in the region?! What the hell?! He thought to himself, quickly getting dressed and warping out of his small place in Verdanturf, back—back to Oldale, where the recently-concluded Vital Spirit festival had left a huge-ass living ‘shrine’ in its wake.

Once he’d appeared via Teleport shenanigans thanks to Gareth, he quickly recalled the Pokémon before fishing out his phone and looking at the message again.

“Okay, shouldn’t be too far away from here…” he muttered as he began the trek.

Hopefully the house was still standing by the time he got there.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
We've got the time to take the world and make it better than it ever was
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 14:42:04 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
freedom in living
a fragile heart renewed
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]
[attr="class","bang"]theme!
[attr="class","bang"]adulting 101

[attr="class","Revolution"][attr="class",rise"]
Being an adult is hard - It is through experience that Lumia is able to arrive at this conclusion and oh, are those experiences ones that she will never be able to forget. From trimming the plants on display to dusting the shelves, she's probably bitten a little more than she can chew with the ever daunting task of taking care of the floral shop while her parents are away.

But it's nothing that she can't handle right? Gingerly sweeping up the remnants of a broken pot, she's most definitely learnt her lesson of picking ceramic shards with her bare hands, numerous bandaids slapped onto her fingers as the contents of a first aid kit remain scattered across the cashier counter. It's just like operating the shop on any other day! Except this time without supervision! As long as she believes in herself, she's got this in the bag!

"Mono, do you still have the seedling with you?" Raising her voice slightly, Lumia is answered by an excitable call from the backroom, an axew waddling towards her with a tiny sprout in hand. He grins with the widest possible smile he can muster, pride dripping from his very posture as he lifts up and offers his prized possession. And she's quick to return his greeting in kind, patting his head as she takes hold of it. After she plants this poor plant back into the soil, she should have the day's work done!

Well, most of it at the very least. Nearly stumbling over the dirt-filled dustpan and its ceramic galore, Lumia makes her way over to the cabinet in the furthest ends of the shop, a keen eye scouring the shelves for any suitable pot. Even then, her mind rolls through a checklist of things she should have done, constantly searching for anything she may have forgotten...
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW
[attr="class","hanapoke"]
[attr="class","hanaparty"]

[newclass=.Revolution]width:240px;height:280px; overflow: auto; font: 10px Open Sans; text-align: justify; color: #f5f5f5; float: right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.impress]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #b19cd9; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg'); float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all ease; transition-delay: 1s; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #ffffff; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg");filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all-ease; -webkit-transition: 0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover .me]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass][googlefont=Monteserrat][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[newclass=.me]background-color:rgba(69, 69, 69, 0.8); font: bold 8px calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: left; color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:270px;width:160px;transition:1s; height: 270px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang]width: 120px; background-color: #242424; border: 1px solid #9e9e9e; float: center; margin: 10px; padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang a]font:bold 7pt calibri[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 5px;background-color: #b19cd9;border:solid 2px #535353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b19cd9;border: 5px solid #b19cd9;[/newclass][newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 21:57:44 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

There was this increasing sense of worry building inside him.

He knew, from the stories he would hear from relatives at those family gatherings, that—

Well, shit.

It was best for him to hurry up as possible. Checking the email message once again for the address, it didn’t take too long for him to find the—that was nice.

The address led him to a flower shop tucked away in one of the more wooded corners of Oldale. How nice. The smell of flowers practically assaulted him as he drew closer to the premises, and he knew he’d found the place.

Well, at least the place is standing. That’s good, but—why would they leave her alone without supervision?! He continued to think in the back of his head as he approached, before knocking on the glass doors of the establishment. He wondered if the place was open, to say the least.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 7:46:00 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
freedom in living
a fragile heart renewed
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

When life gives you lemons, nurture a lemon tree for the future generations - Or so the saying goes in this family. Retrieving a new flower pot is a rather simple task, a new scoop of soil placed before burying the seedling back into its rightful home. It's a comforting thing to be surrounded the scent of earth, to ensure life continues to flourish under her care. All she needs now is to place the seedling in a place with plenty of sunlight and give it just enough wate-

She jumps at the sudden knock on the door, a quiet scream leaving her lips as she loosens her grip on the potted plant. Thankfully, Mono has learnt from the mistakes of his trainer, swift in his waddling as he rushes over to catch it before it shatters once more. Of all the times that customers have visited, she's never had anyone knock on the door before. Has she forgotten to put up the open sign this time?

Gently patting the axew on his head, Lumia carefully makes her way over to the door, almost gracelessly tripping and stumbling over her loose shoelace as she pulls it open. "Oh! Hey! Uhm… Lars!" Her fingers snap repeatedly as she struggles to match a name to the face. Heaven knows her father's side of the family is way too large for her to remember, but she can try anyways. "What are yo-"

Before she can even finish her thought, a screech and a loud alarm erupts from the kitchen, a sharp whistle cutting through the air before suddenly falling into dead silence. Sparing a quick glance over her shoulder, Lumia stiffens at the very possibilities that cross her mind, a sheepish smile plastered across her lips as she turns back to Lars.

"Uhm… yeah so as I was saying, what are you doing here?"
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

[newclass=.Revolution]width:240px;height:280px; overflow: auto; font: 10px Open Sans; text-align: justify; color: #f5f5f5; float: right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.impress]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #b19cd9; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg'); float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all ease; transition-delay: 1s; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #ffffff; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg");filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all-ease; -webkit-transition: 0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover .me]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass][googlefont=Monteserrat][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[newclass=.me]background-color:rgba(69, 69, 69, 0.8); font: bold 8px calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: left; color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:270px;width:160px;transition:1s; height: 270px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang]width: 120px; background-color: #242424; border: 1px solid #9e9e9e; float: center; margin: 10px; padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 5px;background-color: #b19cd9;border:solid 2px #535353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b19cd9;border: 5px solid #b19cd9;[/newclass][newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 2:22:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The glass door is slid open, mercifully, and the first thing he heard was the—

Well, shit.

“Was that the fire alarm?” he inquired, looking beyond where she stood and taking a sniff of the air. Oh, if there was something that was completely unplanned it was this—

Two people who shouldn’t be in a kitchen, actually being in the kitchen and trying not to set the entire place on fire.

Whoops.

“I came by because I was left a message,” he backtracked, reaching for his phone in his pocket and waving it her way. “You were left alone without any other companions here? Are—are you alright?

Man, it had been way too fucking long and he was not ready to coordinate with dealing a kitchen disaster. He was more on ‘instant meals’ and ‘takeaway trays’ from the nearby convenience stores down in Verdanturf, himself.

A distinctly acrid, burnt smell reached his nose.

“Okay, what did you leave burning this time?”

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 8:29:12 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
freedom in living
a fragile heart renewed
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Though she's often been told that she can't be left home alone, Lumia has never had the chance to let those words sink in as deeply as now. "Uhm… Maybe?" Her cheeks burn with a vivid pink, her gaze weakly averted as she stumbles over her words. Truth be told, she's probably feeling a little grateful that her parents remembered to contact her relatives before their departure, always ensuring she has ways to obtain help without much hassle. "I can handle myself!"

Most times, she forgets to add.

"Mono is here, Ren is somewhere… and so is Rita…" Speaking of Rita, Lumia distinctly remembers putting her in charge of watching the kitchen. Dread floods her being visibly, worry threaded upon her lips as she breaks away from the interaction to run for the kitchen. Oh, is the sight that greets her one to behold - A tiny Noibat soundlessly screeching as she repeatedly slams a fire alarm against the counter, ignorant to the glares of a Dragapult as he shoves a pot of fire right into the sink, smoke rising at the contents sizzle

"We were trying to make some soup but uh…" Clearly things didn't quite work out, Ren soon directing his glare towards her as she flinches away. "The keyword is trying."
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 17:01:33 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars could only blink at the—what had caused Lumia to bolt?

He sighed, before scuffing his boots on the rug outside the door before walking inside. He’d take care of taking his boots off later as he followed her to the kitchen to be greeted with the sight of—

If the situation wasn’t so damned-ass funny he would’ve burst out laughing at the sight of a tiny little Noibat repeatedly slamming something on the kitchen counter.

A few moments later he spies a pot and… holy shit was it on fire?!

“Whoa!” he exclaimed as the strange dual-type had proceeded to turn its glare on her.

“No need to be so snappy,” he said in what he guessed was a Dragapult’s direction; but his eyes were still drawn to the literally smoking pot. The flames were still pouring out of it.

“Did you leave the fire on too high?” he asked, trying to gain sense of what the fucking hell happened in here. The acrid stench of something burnt was much, much stronger in this room.

“Where’s your fire extinguisher?”

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 6:44:30 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
freedom in living
a fragile heart renewed
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Ren isn't quite amused by the company that Lumia brings, a nod given to acknowledge the comment but no actions taken to follow up on then. After all, Lars isn't exactly the caretaker of this household of certified walking disasters. Sighing, the Dragapult creeps over to Rita, his tail gently latching onto and pulling the fire alarm from the Noibat's grasp before promptly chucking it into the garbage can with the other mutilated corpses of its predecessors.

On the other hand, Lumia is trying her best to come up with answers for Lars' questions. "I didn't think it was that high…" While cookbooks do give an exact temperature with ovens and induction cookers, one doesn't simply control the temperature of a gas stove. Besides, she could have sworn that the can said it was non-combustible or something... "Uhm… fire extinguisher…"

Didn't that get thrown out by Rita a few weeks ago?

Nervous laughter is the only thing she can provide, idle fingers gingerly sweeping loose strands of hair from her face as she stumbles over her words.

"Yeah uh… about that…"

BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 7:37:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The sound of nervous laughter was less than reassuring.

He silently watched as the Dragapult proceeded to snatch the loud, screeching fire alarm from the Noibat’s hold (who was still trying to kill the damned thing, with the way it was making such a racket) before chucking it into the trash cab.

The sound was still going, but it wasn’t as loud as it was earlier.

“Please don’t tell me you don’t have a fire extinguisher…” he said with the slightest hint of a groan as he pinched the bridge of his nose for a few moments.

Walking past her, he strode into the kitchen, heading straight for the garbage can where the fire alarm had been so recently yeeted into.

…only for him to see that there wasn’t just one fire alarm; the smashed remains of what looked like several more fire alarms lay within.

Turning to Lumia again, he sighed.

“How many fire alarms have you trashed so far?” he asked.

All this, while the soup pot was still on fire in the sink!

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 12:20:38 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
freedom in living
a fragile heart renewed
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

We have one!" She insists, "It's just... uhm... somewhere..." But insistence can only be as convincing as she tries to make it seem. Aversion to meeting his gaze reveals the child that doesn't deal well under pressure, a shift of her body allowing her to sweep the Noibat up into open arms as she cuddles the tiny dragon.

"I didn't cause all of it." Humming softly as she admits to partial responsibility of the murder scene, Lumia reaches towards Ren with hopes of patting his head, only to earn herself a soft growl before he curls around her shoulders. Such is to be expected from the self-proclaimed parent of the batch, weariness mixed in with a healthy dose of resignation as chaos continues to reign in the household.

"The last time I counted, there were about 15."

Not too bad considering the one time she'd accidentally set an entire campsite on fire... Ah, but Lars wouldn't have heard about that from her schoolmates! Hopefully...

BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 11:12:49 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The words ‘murder scene’ couldn’t have fit any better with the current… situation inside the waste disposal unit.

“Fifteen?!” was all Lars managed to gawk out before pinching the bridge of his nose once again. It was like his soul was taking critical hit damage for what was going on.

“You—you do know—” he continued, taking another deep breath before examining the ‘crime scene’ once more, completely and totally ignoring the pot that was still on fire in the sink. “…you know how expensive those are, right?”

He felt ready to ascend—or descend—into another level of reality altogether. It really depended on what would unfold next.

That’s so fucking many, he thought to himself.

As for the fire extinguisher?

“Can you—can you go get the fire extinguisher? Please,” he begged as he remembered that there was something on fire in the sink and he wasn’t going to risk extinguishing it with just water from the faucet.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 15:19:28 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
freedom in living
a fragile heart renewed
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Were fire extinguishers really that expensive? And was that really the main problem Lars saw in all this? Perhaps, he was in a rather good mood today...

"Uncle Hendy usually fixes them up in exchange for me helping out in his garden." To be oblivious to the woes of a poor man, Lumia believes there is always some form of light in the darkest of places. It is with the blessing of nature that she thrives, aiding people in gardening and floral matters in exchange for favours around these parts.

Alas, her talent doesn't quite extend to the game of hide and seek, the girl nervously shifting at Lars' question as begins to swallow her words.

"About that... yeah uhm... we have sand in the garden instead...?"

BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 20:40:56 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Sand…?

If looks could kill, Lars would’ve blown more than just a vein at that very moment. Instead, he settled for an internal kind of screaming, despite the fact that his features was in perpetual ‘resting bitch face’ mode.

“Lumie,” he said at last after considering what he wanted to say. “Sand isn’t the be-all, end-all to everything,” he continued with a sigh.

“It might make the fire only worse…” he added as his own nose crinkled at the smell of what reminded him of welded metal. “Don’t do anything stupid, I’ll be right back.”

Time to be the ‘responsible adult’ in this situation, he surmised, as he began his search around the nearby area for any signs or traces of a fire extinguisher.

If worse came to worse, he’d have to go out and buy one from nearby Petalburg, but that also ran the risk of leaving her alone and the flames spreading, which was obviously a bad idea… Arceus, why was this situation so hard?

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:03:21 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
freedom in living
a fragile heart renewed
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

She knows sand isn't always the solution, but it's the only one she has on hand!

Just... don't let Lars know that.

Or maybe do, considering the look that Ren gives her.

The Dragapult sighs, pulling the Noibat by her ear until she begins to fly on her own. And with a low growl, he seems to convey a message, sending her out of the kitchen before turning to the flaming pot himself. Now, there isn't much he can do but he sure as hell will try his best to make do.

Slamming a lid over the fire, he watches as smoke continues to leak from the gaps but the flames remain contained. If anything, at least he stops his trainer from choking on the noxious gas.

BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 17:41:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Meanwhile Lars was looking for the fire extinguisher—only to turn up absolutely nothing.

Now if I was a fire extinguisher, where the hell would I hide? He thought as he came to a stop, hands on his waist as he looked around.

Surely there was a fire extinguisher around here somewhere, right?

In the time it took for him searching for said apparatus, when he got back to the kitchen the fire—well, there was now smoke pouring out of the pot instead of flames.

“Lumie. What—what did you do?” he began, eyeing the pot suspiciously.