June 15th
Orre
Bisexual
Tutor
Shejiu
Shuckle
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
16 posts
Jim Kirk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spaceman
Jim Kirk
School Daze [Dahlia]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 9:25:21 GMT
Jim Kirk Avatar
That... had been a tough one. One of the larger groups he had to teach this semester, and a lot of young trainers who were the kids of other trainers. Snot nosed little brats that thought because they know type advantages they were 8 gyms away from becoming the new Champion of the Pokemon League. Admittedly, a few of them actually seemed to show a fair bit of potential, but there were always diamonds in the rough. You could almost always tell who would drop out the running when things got tough, and he liked to think he had quite a good eye for that kind of thing after nearly two decades of this.

He even kept up to date with a few of the ones that had, whether surprisingly or not, managed to do exceedingly well. Like any teacher, he had no lack of pride for his students, even the snooty little rapscallions that some of the richer parents foisted on him to get rid of them for a few hours. Between them and the war, he wasn't surprised that Pythia seemed to suffer from PTSD. Hopefully when she looked into the future, she saw classes of innovative kids that listened and didn't talk back when he was teaching them. He barked out a short laugh at the thought. He'd be more likely to meet a Legendary Pokemon.

At least he could find some solace up here. He was standing on the roof of the Rustboro academy, smoke coiling around his head before being blown away. A cherry red glow came from the cigarette, the nicotine flooding through his veins to give him some relief from the torturous existance that being a teacher entailed. Technically no one was allowed up here, only a select few had the keys to get up. But you didn't really need keys when you had a Psychic bird that could teleport as a friend, did you?

He was enjoying the sunshine, after being stuck in a classroom for the last four hours. The breeze continued to blow, but a shadow was cast over the day. He glanced up, and a cloud had blocked the sun. He snuck a suspicious look at Pythia. There were no Absols hanging around, but still.

"This better not be an omen..." He muttered.
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
School Daze [Dahlia]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 0:30:51 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 the stone of rustboro is hard on the feet. although picturesque, the tall buildings of the main districts hide the aging seaport. wingull roost there without fear. they haven't moved for years.

behind jim, an old lock clicks open. the jingling of keys scatter brightly across dahlia's palm as her mr. rime taps its way past her to hold the heavy door open.

"i was told i could find you here." dahlia says. "mr. kirk! long time no see."

in the distance, wingull caw as several pelipper return from the mainland.

"don't worry. i won't tell the kids about your habit." she gestures to the cigarette, teasingly of course. after she steps out onto the roof, her mr. rime lets the door close with a heavy clunk.

[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon mr-rime"]

close tab

played by

Spaceman

Jim
He/Him
June 15th
Orre
Bisexual
Tutor
Shejiu
Shuckle
0 height
0 height
awards
16 posts
Jim Kirk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spaceman
Jim Kirk
School Daze [Dahlia]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 3:21:13 GMT
Jim Kirk Avatar
He froze for a second when he heard the noise. A jingle, followed by the clattering of the lock, and the creaking of the door. Normally sounds that wouldn't raise a brow, but up here, in the serence peace of the afternoon, they were as loud as alarm bells. He moved to put his cigarette out, cursing, when he heard a familiar voice. He turned, leaning his back against the railing, a fond smile on his face.

"If it isn't my most troublesome student. It's good to see you again Dahlia." He nodded to the Mr. Rime, greeting the ever present aide. "And you too, Rory."

Pythia came out of her daze and hopped off the railing, flying up and circling the duo. Spotting the perfect target, she banked around, before fluttering down landing on top of Mr. Rimes hat, chirping out a content 'tuuu' at her new seat.

"Surprised they haven't figured it out yet. Took your class about a week." He barked out a short laugh, before puting the cigarette out, leaving it in an ashtray he had brought out here that had seen significant use over the years. "If there's a new group of Cadets you want put through the ringer, they might have to wait a while. Still training up the last batch."
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
School Daze [Dahlia]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 5:06:47 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 having been remembered, dahlia's mr. rime begins to dance. the clacking of its shoes taps against the roof's old flooring with a celebratory jubilance.

"most troublesome?" dahlia pouts. a hint of laughter still tickles her lip. "i wasn't that bad."

the natu lands on the mr. rime's bowler-shaped head and coos much to its chagrin. with a strained expression, it taps away, tapping faster as if to gently throw the bird off.

"there's no rush." dahlia walks up to him and peers past the edge. "i understand that learning takes time. you already know that, however." as she leans against the rail, she faces kirk, head perched on her hand and propped elbow.

"how have you been? has hoenn been treating you nicely?"

[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon mr-rime"]