priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
saddle [m]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2021 18:14:01 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"are you a horse kinda guy elijah? you look like you would be."

the statement was made as soon as priam saw him on top of horseback. he asked him to teach him how to ride one after realizing one time that it would look cool if he got his arcanine or something a saddle. he doesn't have a horse pokemon yet, but maybe this experience will change it.

"can you wear this?"

priam takes off a cowboy hat from his head and hands it over to elijah. it looks the best on him, but priam can let elijah have a taste of what it's like to look good for once.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
saddle [m]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2021 20:27:00 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 elijah does not want to admit it, for the question implies some stereotype. some saddle of ideas and assumptions that say, 'because elijah is a horse guy he enjoys these things and acts this way.' but he can not hide his comfort atop a mudsdale.

"sure, you could say that." his ride is a farcry from the leafy comforts of his gogoat— but nothing disturbs the relative peace. until now. "what? why?"

he takes the hat and cringes at it. staring at priam, the hat dangling from the brim pinched between his fingertips, the apothecary showcases his most unimpressed look.

"does this hat belong to you?" elijah wonders if it's a costume rental.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
saddle [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 18:41:06 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he grins when elijah takes the hat from him. he hasn't worn it yet, which was a bummer, but it's something that he can work towards to.

"uh, because it would look good on you? just wear it!"

priam is as transparent as he can get. elijah looking good on a cowboy hat was the main reason why he'd prefer it to go on top of his head instead of priam's. besides, he already looks good with just a smile. no hat neeeded!

"won it at some carnival game before slateport got bombed two new years ago! you can honor the soul of the person who sold me that by making sure it gets appreciated, hehe!"

he's not sure how much more convincing he needs to give elijah before he gets convinced to wear a simple hat. he could've asked him to wear chaps too, but priam's already being considerate by limiting it to just the cowboy hat.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
saddle [m]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 4:00:21 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 a sigh is all it takes for the cowboy hat to go on his head. after all, elijah's already on top of a mudsdale. why not go all the way? this is why the apothecary does not give an inch if he can help it.

elijah takes no steps into birthday rooms. takes no stray glances at movie night screens. he keeps himself shut in his room like gray lint in the hidden corner of one's pocket.

"kind of fucked up, but sure." he continues to ride on with a steady four beat gait. "why'd you invite me anyway? couldn't find anyone else?"

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
saddle [m]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2021 15:55:07 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"like i said-- you're a horse kinda guy!" he answers him. "i can't think of anyone else on rocket that seemed like they can ride a horse properly."

everyone on his list are either city folks from the higher end of the spectrum, or city folks from the poorer end. if there was someone else that seemed outdoor-y, he forgot about them at that moment.

"now i'll just take a picture..."

priam whips up his phone and snaps a picture of elijah with a cowboy hat on top of a horse. it would've been better with him showing more skin, but priam knows to just take what he can and settle with the cowboy hat.

hopping onto his own ponyta, he looks back to elijah as if nothing happened. "okay, i'm ready to be taught how to properly ride a horse now please."

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
saddle [m]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 5:46:01 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "you serious about this?"

regardless of the answer, it's too late. they're already on horse pokemon; elijah just hopes the track they're on is short and sweet.

"posture's important." elijah sighs, relenting. "ear, hip and heel should be aligned."

the apothecary's usual slouch has disappeared, creating the illusion of having grown. yet, his height is visibly average— and he prefers it that way.

"if you wanna start moving, squeeze your butt." elijah points at his own body parts, finger hopping lower, "then your thigh. calf. when your ponyta moves, relax all of that shit."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
saddle [m]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 16:55:14 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"what do you mean?!" an accusatory tone riddles his words. "i'm always serious!"

as with anything priam says, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

contrary to the reputation he holds, priam listens intently on elijah's instructions. he seizes up as he told him to, hands holding onto the ponyta's reins. when he feels movement, he finally relaxes, and along with it, a snicker.

"hehe, butt..."

everything else seems to flow naturally afterwards. a smile grows on his expression as he gets into the hang of it, with the ponyta even galloping at a rhythmic pace. he turns to elijah as he rides his ponyta.

"oh, hey, he's moving!" he starts to move on circles with his pokemon. "i'm a cowboy now elijah! yeehaw!"

realization struck him soon.

"so, how do i get him to stop?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
saddle [m]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 5:10:40 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 at priam's blatant lie, elijah's lips thin and harden like eye gunk crust fortifying the waterline. but his unimpressed sculpture relaxes. the skin warms and softens as polymer clay. thankfully, priam is a fast learner.

maybe he should have the hat after all.

as elijah trods along with his mudsdale, the wind shifts quick and whistles through his hair. he holds his cowboy hat down to his scalp— and he quickly hates how he quickly assumes the stereotypical cowboy look.

"how to get him to stop?" elijah shrugs, blowing a raspberry in exasperation. "i don't know. guess you're stuck on that horse forever. don't even think about hopping off while the horse is moving. you'll die."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
saddle [m]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 17:22:28 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"what?!" he exclaims in denial. "i have hopes and dreams in life! i can't spend the rest of it on top of a horse! besides, how will i sleep or go to the bathroom?!"

as priam panics, the ponyta continues to trot in a circle, whose radius starts to get bigger as priam fails to get it under his control. he tries to do something with the reins, but all it does is get the ponyta to change directions.

"elly, you're an expert horse rider. you're supposed to know! please get me off of here."

the voice waves to reflect a legitimate fear. priam tries his best to stop the horse by pulling its reins all the way back, but the ponyta simply stood by its hind legs, almost knocking priam off its back, before it assumes its earlier stance. this time, it runs at a much faster pace.

"elijah, i don't wanna die... please!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
saddle [m]
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 7:52:17 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "figure it out!"

at first it's hilarious. watching this "kid" freak out atop of a flaming horse. the horse senses panic; its fiery mane flickers like the thrumming of an anxious heart.

however, elijah stops his horse. he sighs at the inevitable loss of his entertainment. as his feet hit the dirt, the curtains close.

elijah catches up with priam's ponyta and jogs lightly beside him.

"push your ass deeper into the saddle." the apothecary says. "stiffen yourself. close your legs just a tad and pull back on the reins. not too hard." he looks to priam, eyes scrutinizing expression for remnants of panic. of anger or resentment.

the ponyta would stop eventually.

"you've faced worse, priam. you're not gonna die from riding a fucking ponyta."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
saddle [m]
POSTED ON May 6, 2021 16:06:41 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"yeah, but i'll have broken bones and shit this time! those hurt and is, like, dying!"

his opinion on horses are exaggerated from watching youtube videos of people getting injuries from riding farm animals. those clips, of course, take the worst cases, and priam may have taken those as the norm.

following elijah's instructions, he slowly manages to get control back on his ponyta. it stops to a halt eventually, which then changes the anxiety in priam's expression to pure joy.

"oh shit... oh shit!" he exclaims excitedly. "i did it! i'm the best!"

he whips his head to elijah with the biggest grin to commemorate his success on not dying on a ponyta. priam shows too much excitement for something that doesn't warrant it.

"i did a good job, right? tell me i did a good job!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
saddle [m]
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 4:51:11 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "wow."

elijah's words cut flat like horseshoes. broad palms clap together as if the weight of his hands is slowing the act altogether.

"you did a very good job." elijah says. "you're the cowboy king now."

crowning the new ruler of horses, the apothecary finally rids himself of his ridiculous hat. with an unceremonious plunking, he drops the cowboy hat priam's head.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
saddle [m]
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 4:50:41 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"oh, shit! it's finally happening!"

priam fakes a falsetto scream of excitement, only to have his voice break because his growing teenage body doesn't allow him to reach higher octaves. he chokes and coughs after the failed attempt.

wiping drool off from his lips after coughing, he clappy claps as elijah bestows him the greatest honor.

"thank you all for this wonderful crowning achievement. i'd like to thank my mentor, elijah gardner, and this ponyta, horsey, for being with me."

he takes a bow, the cowboy hat almost falling, before he catches it and flatteens it back to his head. he turns upright all of a sudden, greeting elijah with a smile that wouldn't mean anything good.

"so, when will i learn how to lasso?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
saddle [m]
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 8:43:12 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 priam is a spectacle. the quintessential carwreck that remains deep in the gaze, long after the horseglue has dissolved between it and one's eyeballs. elijah finds the priam of today funny.

but he doesn't laugh, and if he were too, it would be mockery.

"just search it up on the internet." elijah says, his mudsdale passing by. "horsey thinks you should too."

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
saddle [m]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 10:08:12 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"oh, okay."

everything can be searched in the internet, including how to use a lasso. for someone who insists on traditional medicine over modern medicine, priam is surprised elijah advocates the use of technology.

"i'll enjoy my cowboy experience first though!"

using what he learned from elijah, he turns and guides his ponyta to greener pastures. "yeehaw!" he shouts as he rides the horse somewhere else.