thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
night terrors [m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2021 8:47:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He's relaxing in the baths, hot water sluiced over old scars and new bruises, when a rattling groan echoes through the vents above and sends a shiver down his spine.

His amber eyes snap open, long fingers reaching up to brush damp hair back from his forehead. The hell was that? After the recent incidents involving Genesect, the underboss was more than a little jumpy about every strange noise that occurred on-board. Especially if that noise, however coincidentally, sounded as if it had travelled through the vents.

Rising from the water, he wraps a towel around his waist and casts his gaze around to find the only other person in the room.

"Did you hear that, too?"

Though he'd never met , he certainly didn't seem at all abashed about approaching him bare-chested and dripping water.
close tab

played by

Banished

He/Him/His
March 20th
Centra City, Pasio
Homosexual
Thief
Grunt
Chu-e Choi
Boyfriend
26 height
26 height
It's a little cold in paradise, tonight.
awards
116 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leon
Leon Vercetti
night terrors [m]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 3:41:36 GMT
Leon Vercetti Avatar

There were many negatives to living on the submarine, thankfully he was able to spend the evening submerged in one of the positive aspects. Unlimited access to a complimentary bath house was one thing that he most certainly would miss when he eventually returned to dry land, assuming he could gather the funds to leave. “Ahh…” Sinking the lower half of his head below the surface of the water, he surveyed the room for other patrons with the eyes of a hunter, finding only disappointment in the face of Gavin Merlino. Even to someone new such as Leon, it was well known that the underboss was in a committed relationship, meaning that any advances would only be ill-received.

Boring.

Errant thoughts drifted towards another underboss, wondering if they were available again tonight for some more fun. “Huh?” Bubbles drifted up from his mouth as Gavin approached him, raising a brow towards his superior. “Hear what?” Leon questioned audibly now as his mouth was now once again above the surface of the water, not having heard anything with his head half-submerged. “Wait.” Pulling himself out of the water, without a towel much to Gavin’s potential dismay, his head craned towards the vents that ran above the room. “Yeah, what the fuck is that?” This vessel was so mind-numbingly boring that he’d mentally catalogued every natural sound it made, and this one wasn’t natural. “I really don’t want another hole getting punched in this thing.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
night terrors [m]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 5:49:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin seems wholly unbothered by 's indecency, brows lifting in what could be taken for amusement before his expression settles back into its stoic default.

"No, nor do I."

It had been stressful enough the first time. Though he felt more assured of his own survival since the original incident, thanks in part to the legendary who now shared his thoughts, that said nothing of how Rocket or their submarine would fare against another Genesect-shaped hole in the hull. Not to mention the stress of explaining it to Walsh, again.

He sighs.

"We're going to investigate." It's not a question. "Unless you're comfortable showing yourself to the whole of Rocket in the middle of the night, I'd grab a towel."
close tab

played by

Banished

He/Him/His
March 20th
Centra City, Pasio
Homosexual
Thief
Grunt
Chu-e Choi
Boyfriend
26 height
26 height
awards
116 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leon
Leon Vercetti
night terrors [m]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 4:06:52 GMT
Leon Vercetti Avatar

“Comfortable? I have nothing to be ashamed of.” Leon offered a wink towards the underboss, grabbing one of the nearby towels anyways out some misguided sense of formality. “I suppose not everyone wants to see the goods, though I feel sorry for them.” After all, there was another underboss that seemed to enjoy them just fine. “I do agree though, an investigation is likely a good idea. Who knows what lurks in this miserable submarine?” Leon reached towards his belongings and produced a Pokeball, tossing it onto the tile surface and releasing the Electivire that was contained within. “Couldn’t hurt to have some backup, right?”

Stomping forward, electricity crackled through the fur of his Pokemon, using the field as some sort of radar to locate the source of this noise. “We should be able to follow him, and he’ll lead us to whatever this is.” There was a sense of Leon that wanted to make a good impression on this underboss, considering he couldn’t simply slip into their bed much like he’d done to the other. “Unless you’re scared?” Leon smirked softly and followed after his Electivire, knowing that he couldn’t show his hand too early.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
night terrors [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 15:20:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin appears unamused, greeting 's wink with a raised brow, but the lack of admonishment is telling for those that know Merlino's decorum: he doesn't care.

A soft huff escapes him at the word miserable; he'd thought as much of their underwater HQ, once. Amazing what a partnership with the Guardian of the Seas could do for a man's confidence.

"I fought Necrozma during the Blackout," Gavin deadpans, already turning to follow the Electivire. "Trust me, very little else compares to that."

He makes no mention of the fact that the breach in the submarine's hull had been just as terrifying; no one knew of that fear, and he intended to keep it that way.

As they pass by the clothes neatly folded next to one of the pools, Gavin crouches down to retrieve two pokeballs from his belt. One is a beast ball, heavy in his palm, while the other luxury ball is opened to reveal a crystal-fanged Eelektross. Unbothered by the current produced by its fellow electric-type, the shadow Pokémon levitates through the air as if swimming, sparks curling around its lithe form.
close tab

played by

Banished

He/Him/His
March 20th
Centra City, Pasio
Homosexual
Thief
Grunt
Chu-e Choi
Boyfriend
26 height
26 height
awards
116 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leon
Leon Vercetti
night terrors [m]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 6:04:44 GMT
Leon Vercetti Avatar

“I’d be impressed, but I have no idea what Necrozma or the Blackout is.” Leon responded with a soft shrug, unaware of the events that Team Rocket had been through before his arrival to Hoenn from Pasio. “I’ll take your word for it though, boss.” He’d offer a small wink drive his point home, stepping through the metallic corridors with his Pokémon. “Could just be some dumbass Pokémon that slipped through one of the intake ports, crawling around the ventilation because it can’t find a way out.”

Theories were distracted by the Eelektross that floated barely ahead of them, its appearance vastly different than his own. “Is that one of those Shadow Pokémon? Doesn’t look like my Eelektross at all.” Leon raised a brow, wanting to inspect closer but remembering that Pokémon who were shadowed often were more aggressive and less concerned with who they harmed. “I’m Leon, by the way. I’m pretty new to all this clandestine organization shit, I was just a master thief in Pasio before I was forced to move over here.” He downplayed the renown he’d held in the region in favor of comedic effect, crossing his arms over his chest to peer over at his semi-nude accomplice. “You’re Gavin Merlino, right?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
night terrors [m]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 22:04:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Necrozma I understand," for even he hadn't known the name of the Light Devourer before Walsh had told him of discussions with Cotillard, "but not even the Blackout? You're greener than I realised." A pause, then, "Fortunate, really. It was rough business."

Hell of an understatement, that. Dozens of deaths with no graves to mark them, his beloved Lucario and Crobat among the fallen.

"HNN did a piece on it, but only those who were there know what happened."

The subject of shadow Pokémon is one far better received, though Gavin chuckles. "Funny about that; was Necrozma that made her like this." In addition to her teeth, black crystals adorn her back like the spine of a dragon. "But yes, she's a shadow Pokémon. And, yes, I'm Gavin."

Another rattle echoes through the vents, setting his teeth on edge.