Centra City, Pasio
Homosexual
Thief
Grunt
Chu-e Choi
Boyfriend
26 height
26 height
It's a little cold in paradise, tonight.
awards
116 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leon
Leon Vercetti
The One With The Apothecary Table [S/C]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 0:52:51 GMT
Leon Vercetti Avatar

A deep inhale proceeded the exhale of cigarette smoke upwards into the air, Leon watching as it was carried away by the brisk morning breeze. “There's something about fresh morning air that just really makes me sick.” Leon lamented as he pushed off the building he was loitering near, adjusting the collar of his shirt as the cigarette hung loosely from his lip. Oldale Town wasn’t exactly his idea of a good time, however there was a purpose to him being all the way out here in the rural town. Elijah Gardner was purportedly around this area at the moment, another grunt in Team Rocket much like himself. He’d heard that they practiced a dying profession that most would have supplemented by the use of Pokémon, however Leon found their choice not only noble but particularly interesting. Without a doubt, for the entirely wrong reasons.

With only a description to discern the identity of the apothecary, Leon found himself aimlessly wandering the streets and outskirts of the town, taking a moment to inspect each and every face that came by. “Where the fuck is this guy?” He imagined that the business Elijah was here for lay in the flowers and herbs that grew in the nearby forests, perhaps it would be best to start having a look outside his comfort zone. Wandering out into the forest with his cigarette burning low, he could only pray to Arceus that he didn’t step in anything unsavory that could ruin his shoes. “Elijaaaaaah, come out and plaaaaay.” Impatient as he was, the blonde began calling out into the trees for his fellow grunt, wondering how far his voice would carry along through the forest.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2021 20:40:32 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "i'm right here."

a voice calls out cold. it cuts through the bouquet of heat from cigarette and smoke. an old gogoat trods forth, carrying elijah on its green back. there is no saddle. just the loose fabric of his clothes.

"do i know you?" elijah's eyes remain narrow. judging discs that cut across the verticality of the wood. he rubs the back of his neck to massage it, his loose sleeve pooling underneath a sturdy forearm. "i was going to ignore you, but your voice carries too much.

close tab

played by

Banished

He/Him/His
March 20th
Centra City, Pasio
Homosexual
Thief
Grunt
Chu-e Choi
Boyfriend
26 height
26 height
awards
116 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leon
Leon Vercetti
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 4:23:35 GMT
Leon Vercetti Avatar

“You don’t know me…” Leon began as he spotted the target of his search, his tone playful yet seductive. “...but i’d like to know you.” Plucking the cigarette from his mouth, it dropped to the earth only to be crushed by his boot. “We’re the same, if you know what I mean.” Saying they both belonged to Team Rocket was a risky endeavor, one that Leon wasn’t willing to take in a strange location where his voice could carry through the elms that lined this particular forest.

“You’re the only man I know that continues your ancient profession.” It wasn’t long before Leon caught up with Elijah, eyeing him from head to toe with interest that crossed the professional into the personal. “I was hoping that you could show me some of what you can do, if you’d be obliged.” Presented before Elijah was a handful of Pokedollars, a courteous smile on the face of the obligant. “Maybe we can be friends?”

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 9:19:38 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 the corner of his lip sharpens at the sight of leon's litter. it's sickly sweet. the scent of smoke, that is. elijah can swear he can hear the soil seething in pain— but it is the whine of burning being snuffed.

elijah gouges him with his glare— but he isn't offended. it is the product of scrutiny. eyes sharpen to scythes: "i'm getting mixed signals," he dismounts his gogoat, "you always talk like this?"

a wooden basket dangles from one of his gogoat's horns.

his fingertips grab the tips of leon's bills. elijah leans forth, eyes falling upon the other's face. "tell me what you want and i'll tell you if this is enough."

close tab

played by

Banished

He/Him/His
March 20th
Centra City, Pasio
Homosexual
Thief
Grunt
Chu-e Choi
Boyfriend
26 height
26 height
awards
116 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leon
Leon Vercetti
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 5:36:04 GMT
Leon Vercetti Avatar

“Mixed signals? Have you never heard of flirting before?” Leon grinned as he looked up towards the mounted apothecary, taking a step backwards and watching as they climbed down from the Gogoat. “I suppose it’s something of a trademark of mine.” Elijah would take the bait just as he’d planned, scooping up the money with the greedy intent he’d expected from any member of Team Rocket. “I was hoping you’d be looking for a business partner.” He’d take a careful step forward and reach a hand out to gently stroke the mane of their Pokemon, though not missing a beat in his proposition.

“I’m new to Hoenn, only starting to make some money through your usual larceny and burglary…” Leon explained, taking a peek inside the wooden basket to see what he’d gathered, though not knowing much about the content. “...but I want to expand. I hear you’re the best around at making medicinal remedies. There is quite a few people out there that are desperate for herbal cures as an affordable alternative to Pokémon healing, and those looking for more legally complicated substances.” Tilting his head to the side, he eyed Elijah up and down with a hunger that was equal parts business and pleasure. “Interested?”

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 4:59:24 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 his gogoat does not stir. instead, the pokemon remains stoic, hooves planted firmly on the ground. perhaps, it does not like the stranger's sudden touch— but it remains still, like a glass bottle filled with bees.

elijah is no stranger to flirtation. at least, to be on the receiving end of it. he pockets the bills before bringing his arms together in a stern cross. "new to hoenn? you'd purposefully come to this shithole to expand?"

the apothecary's gaze is in lock step with the other's. every shift of their eyes is a rally altogether defensive and testing. in his bag, various herbs and shrooms peek out from their shaded microcosm of the wood.

"but sure. i'll bite." elijah's brow rises. "you have a name?"

close tab

played by

Banished

He/Him/His
March 20th
Centra City, Pasio
Homosexual
Thief
Grunt
Chu-e Choi
Boyfriend
26 height
26 height
awards
116 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leon
Leon Vercetti
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 1:11:12 GMT
Leon Vercetti Avatar

“Wasn’t on purpose, carino.” Leon reached into his pocket and produced a pack of cigarettes, offering the container towards Elijah before taking one for himself. “Got ran out of Pasio and ended up here because it was the first ship I could steal a boarding pass onto.” He flicked at the lighter in his hand until it sprung to life, igniting the end of his cigarette to allow a deep inhale of the smoke. “Lucky me, right?” Leon blew the smoke upwards, so that he wouldn’t offend Elijah or his Pokemon inadvertently. “Wasn’t even Rocket before I ended up here, you all were just kind enough to take this in this handsome orphan."

A smile crossed his lips as they seemed receptive to the idea, offering a slightly exaggerated bow that was in perfect sync with his boisterous personality. “Leon Vercetti, at your service.” Leon took another drag of the cigarette, stepping over so he could lean against a nearby tree. “Plan isn’t too complicated, I’ve already got the contacts worked out. My fence knows a man who works in the medical community, makes referrals of the less-than-legal variety to patients that can’t afford legitimate medical care.” He ashed the cigarette into the dirt once before continuing. “You get desperate clients, kick some money to me, I kick some to my fence and my fence kicks up to him. Easy enough, no?”

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2021 5:25:51 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 the plan seems too easy. too clean. but the story leon weaves becomes entangled with elijah's bitter hostilities. any mention of the league's medical institutions renders his saliva vile, like oil coagulating with sawdust. that enough hooks elijah in.

"fine." he winces when the cigarette whines, caught between sole and soil. "but i'd appreciate it if you didn't litter in my wood."

elijah runs a claw across his bare chest. a contemplative itch. a prelude for his ego.

"why me, though?"

there are others like him— and he is rarely anyone's first choice.

close tab

played by

Banished

He/Him/His
March 20th
Centra City, Pasio
Homosexual
Thief
Grunt
Chu-e Choi
Boyfriend
26 height
26 height
awards
116 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leon
Leon Vercetti
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 21:40:08 GMT
Leon Vercetti Avatar

“Apologies, amico.” Leon bent down and removed the cigarette bud from the ground, slipping the extinguished cylinder into his shirt pocket for the time being to appease ‘s sensibilities. “I am pleased to hear you are amenable though.” Lips slowly curled upwards into a smile, tilting his head to the side at their question.

“You have a trustworthy reputation. I can hardly expect these other snakes in Team Rocket to not backstab me at a moment's notice.” He stepped around Elijah, giving him a look over once more with searching eyes, curious if he carried weapons with him or was simply that naive. “From what I know, you are an honest man who simply wants to do his work. I may not be honest, but I want money and whoever facilitates that desire has my unquestioning loyalty.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 5:31:55 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 no weapons. just old threads and an old soul. his tough exterior becomes more malleable as the cigarette is retrieved. against the fabric of his robe, his hand rests warmly and against his chest.

"alright."

elijah says. for once, he has heard exactly what he has wanted to hear. silvertongued people were myths, elijah thought— and he hopes they are for he desires affirmation without seedy, inauthentic intent.

"good answer." elijah's gogoat seems relaxed too. it grazes grasses nearby. "thing is, i don't really know you well."

his eyes skirt around leon's own scanning gaze.

"you look like a heartbreaker. someone who has too much fun. that right?"