awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
— learning is treasure no thief can touch
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 19:26:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Oh. That’s above me.” Responsibilities get muddled in bureaucracy. The anointment of Champion sits solely at the discretion of the Commissioner but only those without the power to do so recognize the chain of commands. It’s a mistake that happens more commonly than one would think.

But I understand your concerns.” This time he finishes the beer straight from the bottle. “I’m his best friend, after all.

Glug. Glug. Glug.

Fernando swallows at Light speed. He stomachs the bubble and slams the bottle back onto the counter top is resignation. “I visit him when I can.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 19:11:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#c199a7[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
THE EASTER LOPUNNY HAS ARRIVED! from its basket of eggs and gifts, it grants you the following item:[break]
[break]
(ooc: you do not need to engage with the lopunny icly).[break][break]

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 19:58:04 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"now-now, you need to be a good role model."

their relationship was unknown to the head scientist. but if he knew the truth zenji would know that the whole 'best friend' schtick was a lie. but he was allowed to be delusional for it was none of his concern. thus zenji had no reason to know or develop a opinion on the matter of whether what fernando said was true or not. but he'd better stop lying.

the head scientist would chuckle, "take it easy, i'd hate to have to call one of your secretaries late at this hour to bring you home." with that being said and done, zenji had to ask his next question. though he would await for to respond before doing so. had he nothing else to say or add, zenji would proceed, "so lopez is an avatar? funny," he dryly commented, "each of our respective avatars are all unique in personality. i don't think any of them have shown a proper way in carrying themselves. it's a wonder how any of them were chosen."

but if he had to signal out one that stood out to him. he would have to choose kyle, "something about that kid piques my interest." said zenji, uttering his thoughts allowed.

note: social, set after the aqua assembly.

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 21:49:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“My tolerance is second to none,” he chides with unreasonable confidence. A region without is a region that can no longer challenge him to a contest of alcoholic degeneracy. Just thinking about it sours his mood further, making Kyle that much more important. He’s the last link to Fernando’s initial push for Hoenn’s Elite Four.

They’re all good people. Just—” How does he put it? Bluntly? “—stupid in their own special ways. Maybe that’s why their Legendaries picked them, to steer them on course.

Fernando waves for another round before tilting his head toward Zenji.

Have you given the link between Avatars and Legendaries any thoughts? I have my own running theories but the sample size has been too small for our scientist to publish anything meaningful.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 17:04:35 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]a interesting hypothesis. zenji would jot it into a mental note.

"the link?" it has been a topic of interest for him. since learning about their discovery. zenji's interest had been piqued. though his time to devote studying them had been on pause. since his promotion he was now able to pursue more. especially since now he had even more access into the league's database than he ever did before.

"it's something i've been meaning to dive into since my promotion." his gaze would shift to the television, "i can't exactly formulate a theory just yet. first i would need to interview the chosen. learn how they came about meeting them, what occurred during their interaction, and when or how did they go about learning of their abilities." the task sounded daunting, but it was more fun for zenji. though he hated interacting with people that were bound to be a headache. their status as an avatar made the scientist able to push beyond his bubble.

"i'd like to hear those theories of yours."

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 17:39:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“The theory is simple: there are three reasons a Legendary may appoint an Avatar.

This is mostly theory, reinforced by his own observations, but he lacks the same depth that comes from meeting each Avatar. There are rumors, yes, but many prove baseless. There are still several such Avatars that just may prove his theory moot. But until then, his assumption is as such.

There are Legendaries who find humans that are most entuned with their ideals and personality. These become literal Avatars, representatives.

Then there are Legendaries who seek people who can aid them in their goal. It could be to maintain their dominance, or something else, but they award their powers to those best able to accomplish their goal. and Tapu Koko would be a prime example prior to the Three Day War.

And lastly, I have no doubt that some Legendaries grant their partnerships to those they owe. Whether it be a trainer who’s saved them or who has contributed greatly to their liveliness.

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 18:36:52 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]symbol.
purpose.
heart.

these served as a basis from what he understood by 's given theories. "each avatar has a different story, a different reason and outcome which led to the bond forged." zenji is unaware of the situation that each avatar faced. but they were all respectively chosen for a reason. his head would shift toward fernando, "for cooper to have gone through such an ordeal while serving as groudon's avatar for only a short period is troubling."

he pondered on what fernando had given him. the information was definitely a working theory. he was going to have to jot this down as well within his mental notes. zenji would take out his cellular device and began to write within his notes as the pair spoke.

"the autopsy has me worried about all of you. it's suggested that primal energy intoxication was the cause, but the fact that it went without notice." the lot of them were in need of an immediate physical, right along with a interview. "it's necessary that i learn of the origin for each representatives ascension into avatarhood, as well as for what they can do. most importantly you will all be needing a physical starting as of next week before we're deal with the upcoming excursions." and that's only one-fourth of his work. there was much needed to be done.

"are you able to open up your schedule for a checkup?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 18:48:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Perhaps.

Another set of bottles are brandished in front of them. Fernando takes no time in drowning out the mention of Bailey behind a fizzy gulp. Losing someone as valuable as her irks him in more ways than one — it’s wasteful.

Bailey was the first one to have been granted an Avatarship with a Legendary of such stature. While our own are quite impressive, I would say none hold a handle to Groudon.

He sits on Zenji’s request, half-tempted to refuse due to his own assortment of doctors. But then Fernando catches himself. This type of hesitance is what shackles the League from making progress, evident by his former colleagues.

I can. I’ve actually had a check-up not too long ago. I’m curious to see how I stack up.” He holds up his bottle. “To good health, God forgiving.

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 19:44:01 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"i'm not so sure about that."

zenji would come to finish the last drop of his drink. feeling the buzz just a tiny bit, considering he was a well-known lightweight, he'd look the councilman. "there's one account, or rather several, tracing back to the first appearance of primal energy." his memory of researching the league's database began to resurface.

in the middle of fernando's toast. zenji remained fastidious in expression. as if he were playing some form of mental chess game within his mind. trying to move one piece after the other to claim victory. "it wasn't exactly spoken by those involved, but there were accounts written in each statement about how it measured differently from mega evolution." of course the only difference is that the primal energy that was said to have invaded the specific pokemon's bodies that were involved seemed as if they were similar yet different from mega evolution that is seen today.

"for primal energy to have done that to her..." there had to be more to it. "...anyway, this will be more than just a 'health inspection'. you'll be out before your tenth assassination attempt is made." a jab thrown as a way to say that fernando was a very busy man who was wanted by all, and not for the right reasons.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 20:29:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Oh? You’ve been keeping track? Color me impressed.

He takes the jest in good spirit. It’s an unfortunate truth but one that honed him sharp enough to survive Rocket occupancy. Unfortunately, it’s a stark reminder that he’s long gone soft. Complacency turns fit men fat.

Should I avoid eating anything the day prior? Or did you have any other specialties I should be wary of?

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2021 20:59:52 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"i recommend coming in on an empty stomach."

it was bound to be a long process. so the last thing they need was any unwanted guests getting in the way. every second mattered, "first and foremost you'll be asked a series of questions while undergoing testing. some blood may be drawn, hair, urine, and among other things..." he paused upon thinking about it, "...you may want to wear something comfortable for movement as we won't be sitting down the whole time. or don't, we'll have stuff provided just in case. come in with whatever."

it was practically a upcoming field day for the scientists of league. "there may be no cause of concern that any of you will end up like her, but it doesn't hurt to reassure ourselves. can any of us really afford that sort of thinking after the amount of people the league has lost?" zenji was sure that had been aware that there was no need to recall names of the dearly departed.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 21:58:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Sounds quite thorough.

The fact that it sounds quite invasive leaves him to wonder how Zenji will coerce the others to do the same. Unlike them, he has nothing to hide. And, even if he did, he knows how to keep it well under wraps.

People like are not alone. If a mere Gym Leader is able to hide an important secret for two years because they don’t trust anyone within the League, who’s to say the other avatars won’t feel the same.

So, Fernando leads by example, despite his severed ties.

Indeed, we cannot. I’ll set up a date accordingly.

He sneers.

Good luck with the rest of them though. If you need a way to get them to cooperate, let me know.

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 22:35:32 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"i don't see any reason for them to reject."

were those of the league that ignorant? "for people who are made to protect this region. they sure sound as if they lack tasteful personalities." there was more at stake than their little feud. "to act as guides for the youth and leaders of this region, it's embarrassing." if there was one thing that crawled under zenji's skin was the hardheaded son/daughter/person of a bitch.

"if people are unable to understand the importance of everything that's at stake, then this faction is better off being wiped out." he didn't sign up to waste his precious time with children. "honestly," the alcohol was starting to him in the midst of showcasing his annoyance, "how did you work at a circus like this?" queue the clown music.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 22:44:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“There’s your first mistake, Jabami. You’re tackling this from a logical perspective.” Fernando laughs in resignation before drowning out his sorrows with another mouthful. The taste is horrid but it grows more tolerable the more he drinks. Straight beer has never been a favorite but it’s the easiest to settle down.

Most of them don’t trust the League without realizing they are the League.” He pours himself some sake to offset the imbalance. “They all think they’re the protagonist of this story without comprehending they’re sidelining their colleagues as side-characters.

That too goes down in one fell swoop.

How many times does Dahlia have to reiterate that there’s no repercussions for not signing? How many of them left still thinking they’d be in trouble for not signing?

He huffs.

With a hell of a lot of patience and bulldozing my way through by forcing them to acknowledge my results. All that Rocket speculation about me sure died down when I killed Silas. Same thing with every other issue we’ve faced.

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 1:06:38 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"just what the hell did i get myself into."

zenji then proceeded to pinch the bridge of his nose. all this talk about the chosen and circus entertainments of the league began to weigh him down. "you are a lot better than me, silph." standing from seating he would proceed to grab his coat. "i'm starting to feel a bit buzzed, so i'm going to head out." turning to face the councilman and look down, he'd say with a half-smile, "unless you wanna continue this conversation and join me back at my place for some fun." zenji teasingly poked.