193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
— learning is treasure no thief can touch
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 5:20:10 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]with the assembly coming to a end. zenji had a lot to prepare for. he had a lot to go over. but for now he needed a bit of rest. some nice relaxation to be exact. he stood outside of a bar on his way home. a beige trench coat hung over his right forearm. a drink to wind down his evening after an explosive meeting sounded like it was worth his time.

opening the door that led into the bar. zenji made his way over to a stool. ordering one sex on the beach, he awaited for the bartender to finish up his order.

note: social, set after the aqua assembly.

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2021 7:46:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“

Fernando lets out a heavy exhale as he enters into the bar. He leaves his grievances at the door.

Although liquor had been provided during the conference Fernando refrains from drinking on the job. Only after, when his mind has clocked out, does he entertain drowning today’s stress in a fit of cocktails and shots.

Much to his surprise, the Head Scientist, Zenji, is also in attendance. “Jabami,” he greets, taking up a seat next to him. “Here to unwind everything we had to process?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 0:27:39 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"what a surprise!"

zenji hadn't expected to see the councilman of all people here. a half smile donned his expression, "yes, after the metaphorical eruption followed by a sudden bomb being released. i think a well-deserved drink has been earned, haha." he'd then turn to the drink he'd been brought, "it's never a dull moment within the league it would seem." which led him to wondering, "what's your overall review of it?"

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 1:40:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Indeed. I didn’t expect anyone else to go drinking when the League provided refreshments.

Perhaps Zenji was also a man of principle. Fernando doesn’t dwell too long on the assumption, well verse in knowing just how quirky these scientist can be. Trying to read them can be as complicated as their subject matter, grounded in facts yet fulfilled without rhyme or reason.

But, a welcome one nonetheless. Mind if I join you?” He gives the bartender a wave, waiting for them to finish with another customer.

About par the course for this type of work. The only thing worse than a full scale invasion is planetary destruction.” Sarcasm drips from his spitefulness. “I suppose I’ll be joining you in the hunt; I expect many mysteries to unveil themselves during this excursion.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 2:53:45 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"it provided everything but alochol."

zenji gestured for the man to take a seat. "by all means," he invited the councilman. his mind trailed off once made a comment on the excursion that was soon to take place. "ah, that. hopefully the excursion doesn't become too much of a nuisance. anything involving action isn't something i'm too eager to partake in." that life was left behind him. plus, it was a drag to get into skirmishes that may result in potential. he never participated in something that assured a low percentage of success; then again that was just an excuse to not participate.

"speaking of which, what was that whole ordeal with thomas pointing out rocket and their being a possible mole?" zenji was severely out of the loop on this. was their some breach he wasn't informed about?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 4:56:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“You should know that everything thrust upon us becomes a nuisance with time. Welcome to the League,” he pairs with a hearty, facetious laugh.

The topic of Rocket comes up and Fernando sighs. “Everyone’s worried about Rocket—not without reason, but their paranoia extends to every faucet of their life.” Before he can elaborate further, the bartender makes it over to them, leaning in to hear their request. Fernando’s request is typical, his signature Sake and Kantonese beer, specifically asking for two sets of glasses.

No one trusts each other and blames the League for their issues despite being a part of the very organization they distrust. I’m sure a good amount of them even think I’m Rocket despite my history.

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 5:09:13 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]there was no trust and yet there was a meeting had? zenji took a sip from his drink. pondering on what fernando had informed him. "well, that's disappointing." zenji replied, only to add with a smile, "but that also sounds exciting." it was like a game, "so there's an infestation in the league, eh?" he'd take another sip of his drink.

"if this were a game i'd have to call it 'among us', the objective?" he would look to fernando, "find the imposter(s)." it wasn't zenji's job to hunt down said 'imposter(s)' though. in fact he was curious about something pertaining to it, "why haven't the league dealt with this accusation if several of them believe there are imposters among them?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 5:20:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Because the accusations are baseless.” Fernando pours the Sake into each ceramic shot cup before doling one out for his colleague.

Professor Jabami wouldn’t sit down and spend five hours explaining why we can’t just use STOMP to help push the Earth out of the way? Must be because he wants the world to be destroyed cause he’s a Rocket,” Fernando whispers to him mockingly.

Professor Jabami wants to find the hidden Team Rocket members that’ve infiltrated the League? Must be because he wants us to stop having excuses to blame being unable to do our jobs properly. Typical Rocket behavior,” Fernando urges again, pouring beer into both of their glasses.

He raises his shot glass to toast him before dumping the contents into the larger scotch glass.

To our mutual colleagues, Professor.

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 5:34:05 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]that was a lot to unpack. clearly zenji had much to learn about each individual within the league. there was more than meets the eye. he could no longer just go off what was written in their personal records. "this organization is quite the rollercoaster of entertainment."

upon raising his glass, he would ask the following, "so, the only way rocket could learn about the fragments is if those who stayed behind for the second half of the meeting informed them? and if it were none of them then that would mean someone from the mossdeep center could be their mole?" a elbow was propped up atop of the bar. a simple sigh would escape him, "either way, if we were to root out a mole. who's to say there aren't more? it's better if we just even the playing field. toss one of our own into their ranks."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 5:49:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Depends on the timeframe of their discovery,” Fernando clarifies. “Someone can leak it to someone else who ends up leaking it to Team Rocket. It’s a really bad game of telephone that’s almost pandemic. Which is why certain matters should be left confidential.

He pours another and goes through the means to make sure Zenji’s is filled as well.

As interesting of a proposition as that is, you need a good candidate for such endeavors.

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 10:25:09 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]he's slowly starting to regret joining the league with each newfound information. the incompetency and professionalism found within the organization surprised him. were their no other candidates suited for half of these positions?

"i can think of someone."

zenji responded with a simple gaze. there was only one person who came to mind, "why not you?" if people were going to find him to be a potential suspect then, "why not play the role you've been given by your comrades." he grinned. "besides you could use the vacation, couldn't you?" it must be exhausting being surrounded by those who suspect you of something that lacked evidence.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 10:30:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“I’ve tried.

Fernando shuffles between a laugh and a grimace. “Couldn’t get close even with a ten foot pole. They’re all too cautious around me to entertain the thought.” He drinks again, throwing it back, before looking to pour another—a constant stream. “Team Rocket knows better than to let me in and some League members think I’m nothing but.

Fun times, no?

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 10:36:15 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"an outcast? i'm jealous."

if many people kept arms length. that means they wanted nothing to do with him. "it must be nice to be hated, no one ever wants to bother you or deal with you." a dream come true for zenji. being bothered by the migraines is the last thing he needed. "why not just start your own faction then? i'd join it if it promised peace, quiet, and competent people."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 1:50:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ah. Not quite—” He cuts his statement short, revisiting his next words in contemplation. “You would think that but reality is rarely that simple. Not here, anyway.

He clicks his tongue as he mentally checks off every member of the League’s upper echelon. “They might hate me but they still end up bothering me one way or another. Imagine not trusting someone but having to go to them because you know they get things done.” He laughs.

As ambitious as that sounds, Jabami, I am but a simple man. The League would kill me for poaching such talent.” Whatever pause that comes after it quickly interrupted. “But if you ever quit for an unrelated reason, let me know.

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 18:28:34 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"]"well, if it is any consolation; the league is lucky to have you."

little did zenji know. he was no longer a member of the league, or rather apart of the council. such a new development would remain unknown to the head scientist. for how long? it wasn't for zenji to decide. "though you leaving would be quite the major loss." such a thought brought him to the attention of the newly appointed champion: .

"are you tossing everything onto him?" he subtly referred to the new champion. "he's young, very talented, but has a long way to go before he can lead anyone. felt bad for the kid. he doesn't seem like the type to wanna be in the spot." that was his assumption, plus he had a strong soft spot for those younger than him. he had this strange sense of wanting to act as an older brother. "to be appointed champion and being burdened with responsibility you never asked for must be hard."

he didn't know much about kyle, but it was never wrong to hold concern for the younger generation that stood as future leaders. "you should make sure to check on the kid every now and then. stress is a common factor found in the youth." he would take another sip of his beverage.