awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 12:52:01 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
the coffee shop was a pretty quiet place, which was good. while he had invited his new little buddy along he also had work to do. even if he loved joy-con there was always a chance something shitty could happen to him while they traveled. that was why he needed to get a full download and backup of him again soon. but that was something that could wait until after he got his coffee and his free fucking cookie. "so what do you want? i need something with tons of sugar personally." espressos and sugar were his best friends when he needed to get into the zone after all.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 16:35:17 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Ah, this was better than the aquarium. Well, to be fair, that place had been, despite everything, more interesting to look at. But she had not quited like the uniforms one bit. Hence, she had felt a bit uncomfortable running around like that. Fortunately, the other had actually waited for her outside after all, which was nice. Vio already felt a lot better wearing a proper white dress of summer. It was a rather expensive piece,, but also clearly something she wore casually. Mostly out of necessity, though she liked to project that she did so because she could afford it.

And yet, she did waive that volunteering name tag anyway, hoping to get a free biscuit too. She wasn’t going to forsake that. She had earned it, after all! Well, kind of. Still, she followed the other in a calm, very proper way befitting of the role she liked to play in life. A finger briefly touched her cheek, thinking. “Hmm, I think I will take a cappuccino with some milk and a hint of sugar. Yes, that will be a good thing to cap off the day.” A brief smile followed, Vio putting on her best gentle persona for no real reason at all. She felt like it.

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2021 23:26:47 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
glitch couldn't exactly figure her out that well. it seemed like she was one of those people who put on different faces for different situations. which he could respect. but at the same time she really needed to learn to do it better. "sounds good. do you mind if we sit in the back there? i have some work to do while we talk." he didn't really wait for her answer as he ordered their drinks. he'd changed his mind at the last minute and got a fruity tea that had those real fruit chunks in it. it sounded refreshing after a day of totally hard work. the biscottis even came in a little cute bag when they were handed over, nice.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2021 18:02:04 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Work, eh? Interesting, given that they just technically skipped from precisely that. Though something told her that this was about a very different kind of work to begin with. Well, possibly not different from the work he had done so far, rather from what he had been supposed to.

And while he changed his order at the last second, she stuck to hers. Even got the biscottis after all. The day kept getting better. “No, I don’t mind at all,” she added, even though it was clearly superfluous. Still made at least a little difference, in her eyes.
Once they were seated, she would make it a point to be the first to start, however. “Well, you have seen my name tag and probably heard me say it, but a proper introduction is always nice, isn’t it? I am Violet Fairbanks, something akin to a professional traveller these days. Only no one pays me for that proper.” She chuckled at her own joke, because of course she did.

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 20:37:20 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
sitting down at the table made for two he plugged in the laptop he kept in his bag to the wall and pulled out a custom usb cord. "open wide." not that the porygon actually could. the cord more or less just attached to where its mouth should be to help with the data transfer. something about a connection to the actual computer or whatever. all he knew was that the information and feed from today was downloading smoothly now as he took a sip of his drink. "glitch maverick. it's a pleasure." even though he wasn't really sure if it was or not. "oh, you're looking for jobs that pay money?" interesting. money was a great motivator to get people to join rocket.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2021 19:19:24 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Heh. So what was a Porygon. She had heard of them and seen pictures, but a real one had never made its way to her eyes. Well, not that she’d noticed it at least. Violet could be quite single-minded in many regards. And not noticing things that she already considered to be ‘in the background’ was an easy thing to happen, really.

But this time, she noticed, while blowing on her coffee to cool it off a little. Then, she raised a brow. Odd name. But hey, maybe he chose it for himself. She had done much the same, just in a more conservative manner. “It is indeed,” she responded, though she would have done that whether it truly was or not. Came with the territory, really. “And I guess I am, sometimes. I have quite a bit myself and can usually just coast by with what guys give me for free.” It was an easy living sometimes, really. But there were dry spells. “I just like to feel productive sometimes. I was thinking of looking for something semi-steady, but no idea if I would truly be able to pull it off.”
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 13:08:37 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
if she was already scamming men for money then it was just a short hop to rocket anyways. after all you got to scam loads of people whenever you were in rocket. he did it all the time. "so you like doing dirty work then? the real fun stuff." he wasn't going to outright ask her if she wanted to join rocket yet. he needed to test the waters. though if he could bring her in that would be an absolute bonus to his score. he wanted to stand out and what stood out more than converting someone to rocket? "i have a little bit of expertise in that area." after all he wasn't dressed in an aquarium uniform for fun.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2021 16:45:03 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
“Hmm,” she started, pondering. Part of her wanted to crack wise at that. But part of her did understand and was actually giving it some thought for once. Honestly, this had all felt so natural, she hadn’t really made a conscious decision to become a con. She’d just wanted to reinvent herself and be the one she’d wanted to be. Lying came naturally with that.

But was that everything? Probably not. After all, there had been alternatives, too. She had quite obviously decided to not pursue them, even if she hadn’t really given it the proper thought it possibly deserved. “Well, I don’t really like grimy work. Stuff that is just a lot of manual labor and monotonous. This kind of stuff just comes rather easily to me.” Well, unless there is someone whom she actually has something reminiscent of feelings for. Then things become a bit more complex.
“I do any work that’s easy, really. If you have experience in that, you can probably understand. Plus, a little danger can go a long way to liven up stuff like that, too.”
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2021 13:22:17 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
instead of speaking out loud this time he casually grabbed a napkin and one of the pens he had stolen from the aquarium. after all you could never have enough pens. writing just one word he slid it across the table to her. the word being simple. 'rocket?' but if you looked at glitch it was as if nothing had even happened. not in the slightest and not at all as he sipped his drink and gave his porygon a loving pat on the head. "i'm sure there's lots of work out there like that. after all you're a pretty girl." and things came easy for pretty people.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 16:51:31 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Naturally, she took a look at the secret communique. How could she not? Even if it was a rude proposition or anything, she just had to look, because Glitch was being secretive. It was an itch that could not truly go unscratched, simple as that.

Though once she did, she seemed almost disappointed at first. Mostly, because it took her a few moments to realize what that actually meant. Then a few more for the implications. Vio was not slow, but she had so few interactions with these people that the name did not immediately ring a bell. Having stayed out of that war almost completely definitely helped, too.
Still, she got it. And hence, she put down the napkin. And replied. “Well, technically there is modelling, but I like to stay somewhat incognito, if you know what I mean. Fame is not necessarily my thing. There certainly is a lot of work for a pretty woman indeed, at least if you go look for it proper.” She paused, briefly, an indication that the next part was connected, but not solely part of that answer alone. “I have thought about joining up with others a few times, but there aren’t a lot of organizations for beautiful people. And I certainly have never really met any representatives to learn more.”
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 23:02:23 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
when she was done reading the message and put the napkin down glitch found himself accidentally nudging his drink over, spilling just enough that he scrambled to grab napkins. including the one he had written on to soak up the mess. "wow, i'm really clumsy today i guess. must have been all that hard work at the aquarium." even though he hadn't done jack shit really except for steal. "i can introduce you to some of my friends! lots of them are pretty and lots of them would love to work with a pretty girl like you. you seem to have the right attitude after all." he didn't mention that he himself was one of those people but he was pretty sure she was smart enough to get the hint.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 16:46:02 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
The way he immediately recovered the napkin made it pretty apparent that he was more closely involved. Few others would have reason to be this worried about word getting out and such.
Well, fine by her. She did not really have too much of a problem with that. She knew someone who did, but she found the whole conflict rather meaningless. Crime had always existed. Heck, it didn’t even have to have real victims as far as she was concerned.

Plus, she had told her friend that she couldn’t be trusted. No one could hold her responsible for living up to that. Could they? She honestly didn’t know. But maybe if she talked to these people, she could understand a bit better. Vio took a luxurious little sip. “Hmm, I am always up for making more friends, one way or another. If it opens up more business opportunities, all the better. Are they in this city? I am going to stay for at least another week, I think, but I could prolong that with the right incentive.”
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 18:50:26 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
he had at least her interest. so that was a good thing. he wasn't really nervous trying to recruit someone because it seemed pretty easy. you talk to people who needed or wanted an in and then boom bam! they joined and you looked even better in the organization. easy peasy. he was really good at talking to people anyways. "of course! just give me your number and we can all meet up and have a good time! show you around the city and all that." it was just a kind gesture towards a new friend after all.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 17:21:37 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Ah, well, no harm in giving away her number. Especially at this point in time. Not that she was particularly shy about doing that, she tended to change it every now and then anyway. Though, if she joined up with people on a more permanent basis, she probably couldn’t do that anymore. The benefits would probably still outweigh that minor inconvenience, though.

Violet nodded, before starting to write down numbers on her own napkin and sliding it over to him. Not that she needed to be particularly secretive about it. Vio just liked to join in on his antics there. “There you go. And I do hope that we can have a good time together. Nothing quite like meeting interesting, new and beautiful people, now is there?”
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
digital footprint [c/s]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 0:01:09 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
it was all working out as he closed his computer and took the paper. "of course, i'll make sure everyone's ready to greet you too." after all, he couldn't just let them wander into a recruitment without telling them. though he did wonder who he was going to bring along. "i'll see you later vio! i have some work elsewhere to take care of!" and with that he stood, tucking the number away and grabbing his porygon in his arms. this data needed to get back to the lab and he needed to make sure he was ready to go.