he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,406 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
The Operation: Hideo Kino [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 16:03:57 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

The group charged into the warehouse as quickly as they could, forgoing the subtlety they so closely stuck to up to this point. Hideo knew Grapple had taken the shot, but they couldn’t waste any time if there was a miss.

Only further emphasized as he heard someone shout behind them.

Rocky was ready to charge at them, and Elga was ready to toss them all with a Psychic blast. Hideo reached for that (hopefully fake) gun he’d been given - only to fumble and drop it on the ground. “Shit!” he muttered under his breath, ready to just take cover instead.

Until the horn blared, and the woman that briefed him announced his success. Even as the guards lowered their guns, Rocky was still on guard, though Elga went back to help his trainer retrieve his fake firearm.

Hideo was still on edge, even as he was given back his weapon. All the other noises - from the car doors opening, to the Growlithes getting smacked with the rocks Rocky hid earlier - just blurred together. It wasn’t until his Grapploct found its way back to the group and embraced him that Hideo was finally able to take in that he won!

It was only then that he could finally start to relax - and notice that his heart was racing. He couldn’t resist giggling as his victory sank in, wrapping his arms around Grapple’s as he soon evolved into joyous laughter. “We did it! We did it!” Not exactly in-character for someone who just got a person “killed”, but screw it, he won!

Hideo barely even noticed the soldier approach him until he spoke, with Hideo offering a nod. Elga and Rocky got close, so they’d be included in the teleport as well.

The office they’d been brought to sounded pretty impressive. A little messy, there was a ton of room with plenty of lighting and nice views. The latter two aspects wouldn’t matter much to Hideo himself, but Elga assured him they looked very nice.

But that wasn’t what had Hideo’s attention. He recognized that voice immediately, and was at a loss for words for a moment, his mouth agape. But he soon reasoned that maybe, Doug was also helping the gym leader out. This was a military base, after all. Would make sense that’s how Doug got him in this.

Hideo would continue playing along and not try to make Doug break character. Not until after the whole debriefing was done. Maybe he’d get to meet the gym leader after this part.

Thank you,” was the first thing Hideo said, though it was for more than just the praise. Thank you for giving me this chance, thank you for believing in me. “It wasn’t easy, but my Pokemon were all a big help! I couldn’t have done it without all of them.

The next question wouldn’t even be that hard to answer.

Nope!” Short, sweet, to the point. But he soon realized (courtesy of Elga) that maybe he should elaborate more. “I made sure to be careful with my approach, and I made sure my Pokemon didn’t take any unnecessary risks. And when I had to have one of them take a big risk-” Grapple going into the “castle” alone, “-I made sure he was prepared for it.” Which was integral to their success; Grapple probably wouldn’t have ‘survived’ that Arcanine without that smokebomb. “If I had to redo it all again, I probably wouldn’t change how I went in.

Except maybe not get distracted by the Spamhouse. But he didn’t want to say that and embarrass Rocky.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,858 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 1:33:57 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Cpt. Douglas reached over and flicked Hideo lightly on the forehead.

"You were surrounded from all sides inside an enemy camp, silly. You sure you would change nothing?" Cpt. Douglas said bluntly, before ruffling Hideo's hair.

A moment later, the young man simply chuckled, shaking his head.

"Well, that is the simply reality of real battle. You can make all the correct choices... And still die." Accomplishing the mission and surviving the battle rarely went hand in hand.

Fortune might favor the bold, but she was still fickle at the best of times.

"But... that doesn't mean one should simply throw all caution and good sense to the wind and embrace foolhardiness." He said, brow setting as he thought of the many who had lost limbs, pokemon, family, their own lives to moments of panic or furious passion during the Kantonian War.

"Keeping a cool head; choosing one's battles wisely; knowing when to run; when to stand your ground. Good judgement is instrumental to your survival, as well as that of your loved ones'." He said, producing a badge from within his sleeve.

"This badge, Hideo, is not a reward for infallible judgement. Whether you succeeded or not was not important. I was not looking at what you did." He said, slowly walking around the table towards the young boy. "I was looking for why you did it."

Standing before Hideo, the young captain lowered his gaze to level with the youth's blind own.

"As Mauville City's officially appointed Gym Leader, I offer you my congratulations, Challenger Hideo." He said, before holding out the badge towards the kid, pressing it gently onto his palm. "Mission Accomplished."

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,406 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 0:37:40 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

Hideo, brimming with confidence, tilted his head forward a little when Elga told him Doug was reaching over to him. Hideo and his team were expecting a congratulatory hair-ruffle, strange as it may be for a Captain to give his “soldier”.

Which was why he was so caught off-guard when he got a forehead-flick instead. It wasn’t that bad - Hideo had received far rougher flicks from his siblings - but he didn’t see it coming from Doug. Even Rocky and Elga were taken aback for a second. Hideo was left speechless, wordlessly listening to Doug’s scolding.

They settled down after receiving the actual hair-ruffle.

I...guess I could’ve been more careful about an escape route,” Hideo said. Even if escaping after the “assassination” wasn’t one of the requirements. “I also could’ve sent someone as backup for Grapple. So someone could take care of that Arcanine while Grapple shot down the boss guy before he alerted everyone.

Granted, that would have left him alone with Elga. Who wasn’t exactly incapable, but it put his only source of “sight” and main coordinator at risk. But Hideo did have a gun - which he never used. Though chances were it would’ve been loud enough to alert the base.

Hideo took the rest of Doug’s speech in stride, nodding along as Doug spoke.

He nearly jumped for joy the moment he heard Doug mention the badge. He grinned his biggest grin yet, fidgeting in anticipation. He didn’t need Elga to tell him where Doug was standing in front of him, only to open his hand as Doug pressed it onto his palm. It barely even registered to him that Doug outright admitted to being the gym leader.

It was small. Hideo hadn’t ever touched a badge before. He didn’t know what to expect as he ran his thumb over it, feeling the smooth metal. It was still warm from when Doug was holding it. And as Elga told him, it looked very colorful.

Hideo would just stand there for a moment, just feeling the thing.

A torrent of emotions all hit him at once. He wanted to say something; he wanted to thank Doug for giving it to him, for giving him his first badge. But when he opened his mouth, no sound came out. He wanted to laugh, but he just couldn’t.

With the badge held in his palm, he rushed forward, trying to wrap his arms around Doug. If he couldn’t speak his gratitude, he was going to show it and hug Doug as tightly as he could.

He didn’t want Doug to see him start crying, even if it was out of joy rather than sadness.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2021 0:24:16 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: