verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
history girl [c]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 16:29:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it's been a while since he last worked with her. he supposed this was the season to get advice from her again.

he had sent her a text message that announces a visit from him. while he did specify that it wasn't urgent, kyle figures that the historian probably needs more interaction after being cooped up in her place.

on his hand was a paper cup carrier holding two cups of coffee, one for each of them. it's a gesture of hospitality for barging in on her. he got her what he thought she had last time they have met, although he's willing to give up his just in case: plain iced black coffee.

kyle sends her another text message that announces is arrival instead of ringing a doorbell. it's in a similar logic on how awkward kids would rather have their friends fetch them from a meeting place to their home in case they got the address wrong.

@gina
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
history girl [c]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 1:58:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Having been in the middle of reading a book, Gina hadn't been expecting to receive a message. When she saw that the message was from Kyle, she was a little surprised. They haven't spoken for awhile, but she figured it would be nice to catch up again. She sent him a message saying that she'll see him soon and resumed her reading.
[break][break]
It wasn't long until till the next message came, to her surprise he already arrived. Her eyebrows raised as she wondered why he couldn't just ring the doorbell, but she closed the book and walked towards the front door, opening to let him in. "Kyle.." She greets with a small nod, allowing him to enter.
[break][break]
She was quick to get to the point. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
history girl [c]
POSTED ON May 1, 2021 3:33:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he gives her a meek smiles when she opens the door for him. he didn't get the same remedial lessons about public appearances as his predecessor, but he figured he should still try whenever he remembers to do so.

"i brought a gift."

he holds up the cup holder and shows the cups of coffee for them. he takes one and lets gina take the other before folding the holder with a single hand.

"you heard about the aqua initiative stuff?" he prefaces.

it's the latest buzz word of the region, especially those who have access with the inner workings of the league. as controversial as it is, opinions on the matter differ greatly despite the apparent advantages for those signed up on it.

@gina
[/quote]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
history girl [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 13:23:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Gina glances down at the gifts that Kyle had brought. "Thanks, saved me a trip to the coffee shop." She smiles while reaching for the cup from its carrier. Allowing a small sip she was pleased to find out it was just how she liked her coffee.

She looked up when aqua initiative was mentioned, laughing lightly, Gina nods. "Somewhat" She has yet to read whats it all about in full, but it had become a hot topic for the region. She motioned for Kyle to follow her, leading him towards her office.

She would then take a seat, waiting for him to do the same. "Is this about groudon?" It was an assumption, since she figured that would be the only reason that he would come to talk with her.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
history girl [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 5:57:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he smiles when gina quickly guesses what he came for. it meant less explaining on his part and that they can move on quickly to more relevant parts of the conversation. he follows her inside and takes a seat as he is invited to.

"yup, you got it."

he takes a sip of coffee before starting his piece.

"well, i guess it is about groudon since i'm about to ask questions about the primal energy thing." groudon's avatar was the first account of someone harnessing it and it cannot be mere coincidence since stories have supported the connection between groundon and the energy as well. "do you know what it does exactly to a person?"

the meeting had explained part of it in terms that makes it easier to understand as a phenomenon. kyle wanted to see if there were stories about it that, although vague, will give him a better perspective to it.

@gina
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
history girl [c]
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 16:39:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She liked how Kyle quickly got to the point. a pet peeve of gina’s was when people dragged things out. Head slightly tilting to the side as he spoke of primal energy, Gina stood back up and walked over to the nearby bookshelf. Uttering quietly to herself while searching for the book, after a few moments of browsing Gina pulled out a hefty sized book from it’s shelf. She returned to the table, placing the book onto the wooden surface.

I don’t know.” Gina sighs, sitting back into her office chair. She reaches for the book, it’s looks to be very old but well cared for and loved. She flipped towards a specific page, filled with detailed information about Groudon, Kyogre, and primal energy. She taps at the paragraph mentioning primal reversion, “primal reversion, a transformation. Our understanding is it restores a Pokémon’s true capabilities.

Her finger lowers and points at the illustration of kyogre and groudon. “These two are the only ones known to go through such a transformation, and it’s only possible when they are in possession of the blue or red orb.” Her finger retracts from the book as she gives Kyle an uncertain glance, hoping her brief explanation made sense. “it’s strange how it’s being found inside people.” She returns to his earlier question, an eyebrow raised out of curiosity. “are there other people who have it in their bodies, outside of cooper?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
history girl [c]
POSTED ON May 9, 2021 15:30:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the words 'restore a pokemon's true capabilities' resonate to what was demonstrated. relating it with a legendary pokemon's avatar makes it sound like a power up for some sorts, which he then connects to the people that got affected with it during the aqua initiative meeting.

as much as he wants to share it with gina, however, his adherence to the protocol forces him otherwise.

"that's confidential information that i can't disclose, unfortunately," kyle mentions with a sigh. he's not sure if he's allowed to mention it to anyone outside of thee names signed on the contract. "but i'm sure whatever you assume based from the fact i went to you for this is logical."

he takes another sip of his coffee.

"from what i'm getting, it just needs an energy source and a legendary pokemon. would it make more sense if we see these people as a legendary's substitute or something?"

@gina

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
history girl [c]
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 12:59:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar

There wasn’t any point in prying for further information, she’s satisfied with the information even if it’s limited. “Its fine, I understand.” Giving him a small nod, she considered his next words. Slightly tilting her head giving it some thought. “It’s reasonable I’d say, avatars have aided in humanity’s protection for millennia” Substitute was the best way to describe the role, as avatars stepped in during the absence of legendary pokemon.

I think the safest option would be to limit powers if primal energy is found in one’s body. ” She recalls how the ancient tribes used the power to enhance their abilities, it ended up taking away their lives. “The power comes with a price

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
history girl [c]
POSTED ON May 15, 2021 1:16:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
everything checks out then.

"guess that's how kyogre and groudon laid dormant, huh?" he adds to the conversation. he doesn't know much about their respective tales, but that's how the common themes of their stories usually end.

"that price is pretty obvious for those that can't contain it then."

it's the only possible ending he can get to given the information he has. self-destruction for a short-term burst of power wasn't uncommon in the realm of pokemon battles, and finding it on any other applications wouldn't be surprising.

"welp, that's about it. just wanted some confirmation on things."

kyle prepares to stand up from his seat before promptly returning.

"oh yeah, one last thing: do you know anything exciting about latias?"

@gina
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
history girl [c]
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 15:52:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Correct” She responds to the question, closing the book and storing it into a lower drawer of her desk. Gina nods towards the statement, a small frown set on her lips.
“Hope I was able to help somewhat” She smiles again, preparing to stand as well to see him off. “It was nice seeing you again kyle.”

Gina stops when he mentions Latias, scratching her head as she gave it some thought.
“Nothing really exciting.. she's able to transform into a girl and turn invisible.” She chuckles lighty. Slightly curious what prompted him to ask such a thing, “Did you see one? If so it would be a very rare occurrence.”

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
history girl [c]
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 11:45:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, kinda," he answers. he doesn't specify when or where, trying to respect the wishes of its caretaker.

the idea of having the avatar power of being a magical girl somehow excites kyle, especially if it includes a magical girl outfit in the transformation sequence. he knows a good cosplay tailor to recommend to him if it doesn't though.

"if they're not big playmakers, then i guess i shouldn't worry about it." it was a good way to drop the subject, he thought.

he's about to exit the premise, but remembers another thing.

"so, latios gets to be a magical boy, then? do they do cool stuff once they're together?"

@gina
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
history girl [c]
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 10:42:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
His guess isn’t far off, even though it was a bit strange to compare a legendary as a ‘magical boy’. “they are known to transform into boys, yes.” Gina doesn’t answer his other question right away, “ I can’t say for certain, I’ll do some more research.”The legendary duo were important but didn’t pose much of a threat compared to others, she didn’t think it was worth stressing over at least in the moment.

I’ll contact you once I find something, let me know if you need anything else.” She waves goodbye once he exits and returns to her office, searching for more information about primal energy and the legendary duo.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
history girl [c]
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 22:32:15 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@gina