thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
routine
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 10:27:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
If the kick had been the trigger, the sickening snap of bone is what pulls it. Cillian's left arm, marked with thin, jagged scars, pulls against his side. The man himself doesn't seem to notice, staring wide-eyed at the blood leaking onto the floor.

He feels nauseous, swallows down bile that burns his throat.

"My worth's in my brain." To his credit, he's remarkably stubborn. He looks Beckett in the eye. "You tell me to kill a man 'cause he crossed you and you think my loyalty's going to be a problem?" He laughs, again, a breathy and nervous sound. "I've not got a death wish, sir." Sir slips out too naturally to be intentional.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,335 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
routine
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 15:30:21 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"you still don't seem to understand."

a sigh escapes him. their back and forth grows painfully tiresome. it tests what little patience he has left and tempts him to simply reach for the gun and end things. but he takes a moment, pauses, then meets gavin in the eye.

"kill him or i kill you."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
routine
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 15:41:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Well, then.

Cillian stares back at Beckett, the whimpering of the hostage reduced to background noise over the blood rushing in his ears.

"You're not serious."

Yet in spite of calling Theo's bluff, there's a note of uncertainty in his voice.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,335 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
routine
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 16:00:46 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]life continues to drain from the bounded man, murky red slowly seeping through the cracks of the floorboards. the whimpering grows quieter, weaker, and yet it does little to ease the tension in the room. if anything, it adds to it.

"i am."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
routine
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 16:12:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
His throat is dry, and the room feels smaller than before.

His gaze shifts uncomfortably to the broken man on the floor. Can he truly smell the blood, or was the taste of iron in the back of his throat purely psychological? He can see bone through skin. His stomach turns.

He's dead anyway. If it's him or me—

"Give me your gun, then." He hadn't missed the gleam of metal at Theo's hip. There remains a spark of unchecked arrogance in the eyes of the youth. Theo wasn't much older than Gavin but he wore his years heavily in the vacancy of spirit.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,335 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
routine
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 16:22:24 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"why do you need a gun?"

almost tauntingly, he reaches a hand towards his hip and brushes against the ends of his blazer just enough to reveal the gun. he peers down at it, shrugs, then returns his gaze, crossing his arms over his chest with an air of indifference.

"use your hands or something."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
routine
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 16:44:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Because I'm a fucking scientist, not a Machamp!"

Stress sees the words tumble out sharp and bold. Like a dog backed into a corner, he shows his teeth not out of bravery but fear. Yet he's not whipped enough to cower in the aftermath, posture strong and gaze defiant.

They'd let him keep his knife. In retrospect, it wouldn't do much against a gun, so what did Rocket have to fear from one as green as Cillian? Or had they known, the second they allowed him across their threshold, that he would not be getting out?

Its blade is sharp, well-kept. It gleams in the pale light as it extends. Cillian is breathing heavily through his nostrils to fight back bile, his grip tight enough to turn knuckles white. Him or me. He knew what he was getting into. He knew—

But that doesn't make it easier to block out the screams.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,335 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
routine
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 16:56:07 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the screams gradually stop. he watches the pool form beneath them, following it along the lines of the floorboards before it hits the tip of his shoes. he doesn't move — instead, he reaches for the same pack of cigarettes. he doesn't offer one this time.

"good. don't make the next time as difficult."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
routine
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 17:03:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He's shaking. His chest is heaving. He's going to be fucking sick.

His hands are covered in blood, and he registers in the back of his mind that some of it is his own. Injured though he had been, survival instinct had seen his victim fight back as much as he could. His own knife had caught him in the struggle.

As it so often does with trauma, Cillian's mind settles on bizarre thought. I hope I don't fucking catch something.

"Fuck you," he snaps, with what heat he has left.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,335 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
routine
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 17:14:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"don't hate me just yet, merlino. you can do that on your own time."

he takes a long drag, silently savoring the expression on gavin's face. ash falls, scattering across pools of red.

"for now, you're officially one of us. congratulations."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
routine
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 17:23:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Merlino. Gavin. He's going to have to get used to that — and so much more.

A blood-coated blade retracts into its handle, and Gavin pockets the weapon with trembling fingers. It will be a long while before the shaking stops.

His anger seems to roll off Theo; the realization only serves to anger him more. He buries it deep, bitterly withholding whatever satisfaction his emotions might provide. You're not weak, are you, Cillian?

No, Gavin decides, I'm not.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
routine
POSTED ON May 5, 2021 4:26:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: