[attr="class","hanaparty"]

[attr="class","hanahold"]
[attr="class","hanaunder"]
[attr="class","hanalyrics"]icy caverns
[attr="class","hanadisappear"]
[attr="class","hanalyrics2"]and carrot seeds?
[attr="class","hanaflavourtext"]❝呼べよ、花の名前を❞

[attr="class","hanatext"]What does it mean when you can't quite understand an object related to your own profession? As a young botanist who's gained experience and knowledge from many regions, Lilith figures that she might be able to decipher the meaning behind the carrots seeds she had received from the Vital Spirit Festival. But so far, she's draw blanks on how to nurture it, recognised that normal soil and conditions required for the growth of regular carrots doesn't quite allow it to flourish.

So what's next? It's obvious that she lacks something in terms of sprouting conditions and the only option she's left with is to explore the extreme regions and scout around for clues. While the volcanic ashes Mount Pyre may do good for nutritionally needy agriculture, she's much more inclined to try her luck in the frigid expanse of Shoal Cave before subjecting herself to the smouldering atmosphere.

"It's nice, isn't it?" Her voice comes out in wispy breaths, her gaze sweeping over the crystalline surfaces of the cavern as she listens to the skittering footsteps of her Vulpix up ahead. Just like her previous visit to this location, she's somewhat underprepared for the chill that gnaws at her bones, exposed fingers gently curling into her palm as she rubs her knuckles against her other hand. "Try not to stray too far, okay?"
[attr="class","hanatags"] || fragile fantasy
𝄞

[googlefont=Cedarville+Cursive][googlefont=Roboto+Condensed][googlefont=Roboto+Slab][googlefont=Noto+Serif+JP][newclass=.hanahold]position:relative;height:400px;width:210px;border:15px solid #d4d4d4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanalyrics]writing-mode:vertical-rl;transform: scale(-1, -1);text-align:right;height:250px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-right:5px;font-family:Cedarville Cursive;font-size:25px;color:#000;margin:0px 250px 0px 0px[/newclass][newclass=.hanadisappear]width:210px;height:400px;opacity:0;transition: 1s ease;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)), url(https://i.imgur.com/yW2jmPu.jpg);position:absolute;top:0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanadisappear:hover]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaunder]width:210px;height:400px;position:absolute;top:0;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)), url(https://i.imgur.com/yW2jmPu.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanalyrics2]padding:5px;font-family:courier new;font-size:14px;color:#fff;margin:375px 0px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaflavourtext]font-family:Noto Serif JP[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatext]text-align:justify;font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:12px;color:#000[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatext a]font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:12px[/newclass][newclass= .hanatext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#9983a0;border-left:solid 2px #ffffff;border-right:solid 2px #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass= .hanatext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color:#9983a0;border-left:1px solid #9983a0;border-right:1px solid #9983a0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatags]text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;color:#000[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatags a]text-transform:uppercase;font-size:9px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 23:12:03 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

So, thankfully, Lars was making his way back from the depths of Shoal Cave—after having unsuccessfully tried to search for the remaining Ice-types he was looking for.

The universe keeps throwing me a bone. Most times the bone, I already have. This is stupid… he thought to himself as he happened to wander by the same place where he’d planted the strange carrot that only seemed to like growing in extremely cold conditions.

He remembered how he’d encountered and down here previously, bickering about carrot size, and about whose carrot looked better at the time.

Snorting softly, he continued his trek back to the entrance—

At least until he came across someone who was looking around the place.

Thankfully he hadn’t stripped his shirt off otherwise he would look really improper! Plus he had some secrets to keep.

Anyway…

What really caught his attention was the white-colored Vulpix who was sniffing around, looking for something—well, it could be anything at this point.

“Uhh… ‘scuse me, Miss?” he began, waving over as the Vulpix then made to where he was standing, before looking down at it and wondering what was going on.

“This your Pokémon?”

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
Brighter than tomorrow and yesterday
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 12:34:05 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar
[attr="class","hanapoke"]

[attr="class","hanatext"]Despite her initial assumptions, Lilith realises the cave can get much colder than it already is. The introduction of a stranger's voice and the question they pose bring her nothing but a deep sense of dread as she locks up. Adrenaline pours through her veins but she's actively trying to swallow the fears that dare to creep upon her tongue, trying so hard to keep the air in her lungs just to ensure that she doesn't stumble should she need to run.

There's an attempt made to sound out a confirmation of Yule's companionship. However, the lack of sound that leaves her lips forces her to resort to a nod instead, open arms patiently awaiting the return of the Vulpix. And the mischief-maker is quick to oblige to unspoken requests, bounding straight over to Lilith and pawing at her ankles until she's picked up from the chilly ground.

"I- is something the matter?" It is with the warmth of her pokemon kept tight against her chest that she finds her voice again, senses sharpened once more with a steady mind as she gives the stranger a once over.
𝄞

[googlefont=Cedarville+Cursive][googlefont=Roboto+Condensed][googlefont=Roboto+Slab][googlefont=Noto+Serif+JP][newclass=.hanahold]position:relative;height:400px;width:210px;border:15px solid #d4d4d4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanalyrics]writing-mode:vertical-rl;transform: scale(-1, -1);text-align:right;height:250px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-right:5px;font-family:Cedarville Cursive;font-size:25px;color:#000;margin:0px 250px 0px 0px[/newclass][newclass=.hanadisappear]width:210px;height:400px;opacity:0;transition: 1s ease;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)), url(https://i.imgur.com/yW2jmPu.jpg);position:absolute;top:0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaunder]width:210px;height:400px;position:absolute;top:0;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1)), url(https://i.imgur.com/yW2jmPu.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanalyrics2]padding:5px;font-family:courier new;font-size:14px;color:#fff;margin:375px 0px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatext]text-align:justify;font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:12px;color:#000[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatext a]font-family:Roboto Slab;font-size:12px[/newclass][newclass= .hanatext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#9983a0;border-left:solid 2px #ffffff;border-right:solid 2px #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass= .hanatext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color:#9983a0;border-left:1px solid #9983a0;border-right:1px solid #9983a0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatags]text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;color:#000[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanatags a]text-transform:uppercase;font-size:9px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 11:44:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“They’re a rare sight around here, white Vulpix,” he remarked.

He knew this, because in all the time he’d spent prowling around Shoal Cave like a stalker out on a mission, he had yet to encounter one of the white Vulpix in his searching in the wild out here.

It was mostly Ice-types that he already had he usually encountered.

“What—what brings you out here?” he asked a few moments later. Hell, he was still awkward around other people he wasn’t comfortable with. Well, maybe this was a time for him to practice those rusty ‘social’ skills?

“Are you looking for an Ice-type? Or do you just want to look around the place?” he went on, wondering just what had brought the young lady all the way out here by herself.

Unless she had those weird seeds of her own to plant… but then again, that was just conjecture at this point.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 5:47:48 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]"Well... they're not exactly native to Hoenn... so that could be a reason why..." The explanation is the only one she can come up with off the top of her head, a quiet hum filling the silence in between as she scratches behind Yule's ears. "As for why I'm here... ecological research?"

There's no point in lying about her motives here. After all, what kind of crazy would someone have to be just to rob her of some carrot seeds? Reaching into her pocket, Lilith pulls out a small packet containing two of the numerous carrot seeds she has, raising it up to the stranger as Yule lets out an excited bark.

"Haven't been able to grow these under normal conditions... so I've been trying my luck in non-conventional areas..."
𝄞

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 17:10:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of the seeds, his eyebrows went up for a few moments.

His suspicions were revealed the moment the packet was shown his way—he understood just what she was looking for right then and there.

“Would—would it sound strange to you,” he began as he scratched the back of his head hoping that the young lady didn’t freak out, “…should I tell you that I know where to plant those?”

He wondered if she would wait for an explanation.

Letting the silence lapse between them for a few moments, he then continued.

“I had those seeds until—until pretty recently. And… if you wouldn’t mind, I—I know a place where you can plant them, if you’re alright with me showing you?”

The offer was on the table.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 8:45:50 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]Far from strange, the very fact that this man knows where to plant the seeds comes across as a rather pleasant surprise, albeit a little suspicious considering the circumstances. As Yule gently swishes her tail against the fabric of her jacket, Lilith's words remain as placid as ever.

"And what do you want in return for that?"

She's willing to take whatever information she can get but not without knowing the price of the words she receives.
𝄞

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 17:40:12 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Oh, me?” he blinked when she mentioned that he wanted something in exchange.

“Nothing, really. I mean it,” he went on with a grave nod. “No strings attached to the offer. I’ve been in your shoes previously, and I also asked around how and where to plant the seeds. I just want to help out other people who have the same questions about the seeds.”

He wondered what had made her ask that. To be fair, it wasn’t every day that there was someone who always frequented Shoal Cave like he did, and knew a lot of its secrets.

Well, not all the secrets, but the sentiment was there.

He knew that there was another place where the seeds could be planted, at least if that’s what the rumors said. However, they were here, and this was where it—would happen.

Unless she changed her mind, or something?

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 6:01:05 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]An offer without a price. The notion unnerves her but the signs say otherwise - An unchanging gaze, no fidgeting nor traces of deceit. Reading others has become a necessity, a skill so engrained into her nature that she wonders if she ever lacked it to begin with.

A gentle nod, an unspoken request for him to lead the way. Gently placing Yule onto the ground, Lilith searches through her memories for any information on this stranger. Perhaps, he's some great figurehead in the country but not one that seems to tap into the network. Authority means wide connections both above and underground, a vast expanse of information at your fingertips if you simply know the right price for each piece.

Given his lack of recognition and aggression, she can safely assume that he's not out here to collect a bounty but rather, play the role of a kindly samaritan. Those who have far too much to spare are fools when it comes to giving but she can't quite complain if such gifts benefit her in the end.

"Do you know what it does?" Curiosity begs for the mystery to be unravelled. "The carrot seeds must be relatively special to grow in this climate."
𝄞

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 17:14:58 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“How about—I show you what it can summon,” he offered.

There were things that had to be seen, to be believed. This just happened to be one of them.

Now, how was he going to not freak the young lady out when he would make his return riding the frozen equine…

“A fair word of warning: you might want to hang onto those seeds. They’re crazy for them,” he said cryptically before turning to face the darkness.

“Wait right here, I’ll be right back. Shouldn’t take too long.”

Normally, people would expect one to head back to the Pokémon Center to retrieve any other Pokémon they would want to bring along, however Lars took a different tack—he went straight down into the darkness of the cave, clicking his tongue softly.

‘Are you serious?’ came the snarky voice in his head.

“Nothing to lose, nothing to gain! I believe that this is best shown, not explained,” he muttered back to the snarker that was trying their best not to roll their eyes at him.

‘I swear if you get into trouble I’m not going to get your ass out of it.’

“Relax,” he continued. “She’s not like Razz. Or Sky. Or Angelo. You know, those three.”

‘Fine.’

Close to fifteen minutes would pass before the clip-clopping of hooves would announce his return.

Back he came, astride a—

“Whoa. Hey, don’t go straight for the—” he exclaimed as the equine Pokémon trotted forward, heading straight for the young lady and sniffing her curiously.

“…sorry about that,” he apologized.

“The seeds you have there. Grows into carrots. I don’t know how, I don’t know why, but they can grow in the most inhospitable of conditions. Like here, in Shoal Cave,” he said, taking one of his hands off the frozen reins and gesturing around the area.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 18:36:22 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]Cryptic, slightly concerning and somewhat suspicious - Everything that he speaks carries an air of oddity, even if he means it sincerely. And yet, Lilith doesn't quite find herself thrown off by his actions, her hands tucking into her pockets as she leans her weight onto one foot. So the carrots end up attracting some creature of sorts... Logically speaking, it would be a herbivore - Rabbits... squirrels... equines?

Even as the stranger disappears into the shadows, Lilith's still lingering on the unanswered questions, picking at her memory as she tries to understand what she may be dealing with. And she doesn't fall too short of the answer, a majestic horse trotting right up to her and earning itself a prompt bout of yipping from the tiny Vulpix.

"A Galarian legend..."

One known to have terrorised the residents of Crown Tundra until it had been defeated and tamed. Now that she sees it standing before her, she can't help but recall the words that had been struck into her mind all those years ago -

The gods have fallen. Those who humans once prayed to are now to be preyed upon.

"They're resilient. It's less so the carrots that surprise me and more so the fact that Glastrier would be here of all places... That means that the other..." She stops there, remaining perfectly at ease and allowing the horse to take in her scent before reaching out to pat its muzzle as it nudges her. What use would it be to question the actions of beings that never sought to have themselves understood? Gathering her wits, Lilith refocuses her attention on the important things, ignoring the way the Glastrier looks at her carrot-scented hands as she moves to comfort Yule.

"So, you said you know the place where they grow?"
𝄞

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 16:19:51 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“There’s another place, but seeing as you’re already here, allow me,” he remarked as he slid off the back of the horse, still holding the reins like it was nothing.

Wait, it was nothing to him.

“You called them—wait, they have a name?” he inquired, pulling the reins slightly as he led the way into the deeper reaches of the cave.

“Glastrier, huh.”

It didn’t take too long for him to find the same patch of ground where until recently, a bunch of dead, icicle-like carrots had been planted. The ground was freshly disturbed—he wondered if the troublemaker couple had already gotten their hands on the equine.

“You can plant the seeds right there,” he gestured to the disturbed ground.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 1:13:09 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]"Yes, they have a name. There will always be those who put a label to things before you do." She's blunt but not quite rude just yet. This is someone who's willing to help her pursue the trails of a legend, after all. As they move through the cave, she's keeping her eye on her surroundings for any signs of movement, whatever threats that may lurk in the dark.

"But more importantly, the fact that you can hold its rein without flinching." Even after pulling her hand away from the horse, Lilith still spies her reddened palm, a nasty chill emanating off it as she gingerly clenches and flexes her fist.

"Who…? No. What are you?"
𝄞

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 16:41:24 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Of course it had entirely slipped his mind that he wasn’t travelling with the three Stooges (, , and ) so he forgot to act ‘normal’ around everyone else who wasn’t aware that he was—well, that.

Either way…

“What?” he said, turning around to look at her, still holding the frosty reins in hand.

“It’s nothing to me…” he continued—and then he realized…

Oh shit.

Looking around, he was pretty certain that there was nobody else within the caves, but—

“I’m used to it.”

At least that was not an outright lie.

close tab

played by

myriascope

lil
no preference
november 25
unknown
undetermined
botanist
cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lilith
lilith eirwin
Botanical Mystery || C
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 13:25:26 GMT
lilith eirwin Avatar

[attr="class","hanatext"]"Liar."

Quiet, cold - Her Vulpix flinches at the tone that she uses.

"Being around Glastrier is one thing, being used to frostbites is another."

Lilith notes the way he looks around his surroundings, as if trying to keep something hidden under wraps. Just in case, she's reaching into her jacket, her fingers loosely curling around a knife as she tenses.

"I'll ask again, what are you?"
𝄞