291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Genesect: East Wing
POSTED ON May 7, 2021 23:12:21 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

The training rooms were generally a den of activity, but as the day grew later they aired and emptied, now in the dead of night only Miles remained. It was one of the many nights the man found himself unable to sleep. generally he’d move to the labs on nights like this and let his brain run wild with technology distracting himself with formulas and problems whose solutions were based in hard logic. Tonight he’s chosen the gym to work out his frustrations.

He’s ignored the warnings concerning the insect weapon because they’re ludicrous. if a genesect truly existed on the ship it would have drowned the lot of them ages ago. Still if only because the nature of his new life he’s armed himself with an assortment of pokeballs. What he doesn’t expect however, is a short blue haired grunt far younger than he to appear within the corridors along the way.

“It’s rare to catch anyone out of their rooms this late.” He can’t remember her name, but he’s seen the girl roaming a time or two.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 11:30:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronelight"]

tag
notes

- Words; 162

Robbin hated one human need more than any other, sleep. It wasted time, the world outside didn't stop when someone closed their eyes. There was a whole night of life she wanted to enjoy.

Tonight was no different as Robbin silently drifted through rocket HQ, however, not in the mood to go out she wanted to practice her mental map of the HQ. Plus, after the meeting she had with Merlino she wasn't about to dream.

A voice brought her back to reality, her eyes sharpening and refocusing on reality after gazing off into nothing. Brushing something out of her face she looked up at the man and smiled.

“Oh, hey!” She stretched her arms out, analyzing the man. She had a vague idea he was above her but she wasn’t sure how far.

“My name’s Robbin, I tend to wander when I get tired. Is it the same for you?” She asked, trying to gauge where her feet had led her.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 14:01:08 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

To unload even a fraction of his worries on this bright-eyed child would have been cruel, though she in a sense was one of the said concerns. A girl like this should have been preparing for school tomorrow morning, or on some journey around the region pokemon in tow. She shouldn't have been here leagues under the sea in a den of criminals and cheats regardless of how well-intentioned some of them may have been. And so when she waves he can't bring himself to offer a smile, still offering a response, his middle ground.

"That's a way of looking at it I suppose." Seeing the girl wander reminds him to bring up a motion about curfews for underage grunts at the next board meeting, though it was certainly something that'd get laughed out by Chu-e and most of if not all others on the board.

"Your name and station?" He's curter than he intends, a byproduct of his weariness. "The manufactured gardens serve as a better place to wander in the night." An attempt to backpedal, at least somewhat.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 21:24:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes

- Words; 346
Robbin giggled behind a raised hand when the man asked for her name right after she had given it. “Robbin.” She repeated herself, “R-o-b-B-i-n Blue,” pausing, she thought for a moment, and then finished “and egg is not my middle name.”

She didn't blame the man for not listening, she talked so much to everyone she expected people to tune out certain things.

“I’m a grunt," a hint of embarrassment flushing her cheeks, "and aren’t you a scientist?” She asked, trying to keep her own voice perky and upbeat as she could see that weariness was gnawing at his attitude. While aimlessly wandering before she was now piqued with interest and wide awake.

“I’ve been there a lot, the gardens,” it was a nice suggestion, “I needed something different, even if it’s the blank hallways.”

"What're you doing up anyways," Robbin asked after a short silence.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 13:54:17 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

His weariness had clearly gotten to him, and the girl notices it. It's in the way he moves, in the way he speaks. How sloppy. He makes a note to sharpen his focus sliding a hand through his hair all the while, an idiosyncrasy he'd developed in college. She emphasizes her name "Robbin" and he plays it back a time or two.

"My apologies, long day, Robbin." And it promised to be an even longer night judging by the looks of his own muddled mind. "I suppose I am for better or for worse." His response to her comment concerning his profession. He cares too little to bring up his own rank or accolades at the moment. As far as the young Ms. Robbin was concerned he was just that some wandering scientist.

She asks what he's doing up, and he has no real answer. His brain was built to spin and spin until it couldn't anymore, and only then was he granted rest. Of course, certain factors were able to work outside the callous machine. Stormy for one always had a way to put the man at ease; one of her many talents and conversations with his longtime ally, Eliz also helped the man find rest following a talk or two.

He relates to her take. As scenic as the gardens could be at times, 'scenic' wasn't always what was needed. Tonight the barren hallways took their place the drab empty blacks and greys of the sub if nothing else helped clear mental space. What it lacked in color and beauty it made up for in emptiness, less to focus on externally meant less to distract internally.

"Aren't we curious." His only response warding the girl's question away. He had yet to come up with an answer and so he had no intention of answering. Thankfully, rattling occurs in the vents above, loud enough to disrupt any flow the conversation had built.

Eyes focus on the shaking and skittering above as the vents lead down a corner. There was no exit, but whatever small pokemon that'd gotten caught in there could cause damage if it wasn't dealt with in some capacity. A task Miles could accomplish.

"I suppose that is why I'm up now." As he begins to walk. He doesn't expect the girl to follow, but if she were he'd have no intent to stop her.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 12:36:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes

- Words; 213
Robbin’s heart might’ve flown out of her nostril if she had been more spooked by the sudden sound of rumbling vents above them.

Rigid in a moment with a finger lingering on her, her eyes wide and frantic as she was trying to process a threat. It had been so quiet and calm it seemed to pull her back into reality quite forcefully.

Her shoulders started to slouch as she realized there wasn’t an immediate threat. Her eyes, which lingered on Miles nervously, switched and watched as the unknown entity cornered itself.

“I’ll help!” She chirped to Miles as he decided to deal with it, following close behind him.

“I was way more tired than I thought,” She said, almost embarrassed. Her stance had relaxed considerably and her eyes were locked where she assumed the pokemon was.

“Anything pokemon related I am in,” She purred, though there was a pang of disappointment as she had no spare ball she could have used to try and steal it.

“What do you think it is? Actually, what do you hope it’s not? Worst nightmare situation, minus like.. giratina because no way it fits in the vent.” She stood acting like she was sizing the legendary pokemon giratina and comparing it to vent with her hands.