8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 17:49:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
Congratulations, Mr. Clayton,

Greater Mauville Holdings is all the news these days. I must say, it’s quite refreshing to see such candid interviews.

I’m reaching out in regards to contracting Infinity Industries as a redundant power supplier for Silph Co.’s main office in Slateport.

We will not necessitate constant power but require an SLA that can promise a 99.998% uptime for flexible fallbacks. I will have the appropriate parties quantify our needs but, to put it bluntly, we will need to be able to rely on maximum output at all times.

Our cap is expected to be our standard output should we need to fallback.

If this is an endeavor Infinity Industries can meet, please let me know.

Regards,

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 2:31:01 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
IMAGINE LOGO HERE

Dear Mr. Silph,

This is an intriguing request, and I must admit my interest has been piqued. While normally what you require would be beyond our capabilities, you have caught us at a very convenient time.

We have been working on a project that could provide exactly what you are looking for, that is as long as you are alright with being a glorified beta tester.

If you are interested, I believe an arrangement could be easily reached. I can provide details through email or in person, whichever is your preference.

Sincerely,
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 2:47:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
Greetings, Mr. Clayton,

Consider that intrigue reciprocated.

Unfortunately, we value stability and consistency above all else. However, since this is a back up system we are willing to engage under the prospect that improvements will be made and updated accordingly.

I prefer e-mail for documentation but we can also discuss in person as well. I have no preference.

That being said, depending on basis of your project I believe we may be able to help. Silph Co. has entertained several ideas over the year during our engineering department’s free days. We lack the capabilities to fulfill these blueprints but it may be something Infinite Industries can complete in collaboration.

Here is my personal number: XXX-XXX-XXXX

I appreciate the prompt reply.

Regards,

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 4:21:28 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
*From the personal number of Oscar Clayton*

Hello Mr. Silph, this is Oscar Clayton. Thank you for providing me a number to contact, I will feel a lot better sharing information over more private channels. Tell me, what do you know about Infinity Energy?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 4:44:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
Mister Clayton.

Of course. Some matters are best discussed in real time, in private.

Just that it’s being underutilized. Unfortunately, Silph Co. does not have the expertise nor the resources to explore such an endeavor.

I mean, who better to entrust than the ones named after it?

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 5:05:54 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar

Very true, with that I will minimize the details. We have several choices to offer you, the first being our experimental Infinity Energy Generator. It's a technological marvel that harnesses the energy of Mega stones, providing an immense amount of power--though it isn't limitless like the name claims. The mega stones get used up easily, requiring constant refills. If that interests you, I'd be happy to loan you our prototype.

If you want something more reliable though, we would be happy to provide a private generator that would private standard electricity. You won't have to worry about the cost, but the energy will have to be sapped from another source to compensate. To do so would be quite immoral, but I am sure we can come to an arrangement that will make it easier on my conscience. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 5:19:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
Oh?

Ah.

Interesting.

You present a very difficult choice, Clayton. I’m almost tempted to ask for both.

Another source? I won’t pry… However, men of our position must uphold integrity, Clayton. And, thankfully, morality is in the eye of the beholder.

The more important and decisive question is, is it legal?

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 3:22:39 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Very legal, wouldn't dare step outside the boundaries of the law. A few routes will be harder to traverse at night is all, if I pick and choose the right ones it should go unnoticed for a while.

So it would seem the choice is between consistent but less powerful energy and powerful energy that is inconsistent.

Of course there is a third option, but I doubt it would be to your liking at all. Don't know why I even brought it up really.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 3:57:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
Good. I see no harm in it then. We are men of the law, after all.

If the only reason your prototype is inconsistent is because it runs out of power from Mega Stones then that won’t be an issue. If there are more complications then perhaps the later option would be better.

Oh, Clayton, are you trying to bait my interest?

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 17:15:09 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Beyond needing a steady supply, there shouldn't be any further complications. The prototype should fuel whatever you need effortlessly, just don't spread it out to other facilities across the region. It won't limit power but it'll strain the machine.

If you're mind is made up we can discuss the matter of payment, but since I brought it up I might as well share that third option.

When I acquired GMH I had to empty multiple warehouses that were no longer needed. Most of them were filled with useless quipment or scrap, but one or two had some failed experiments. One of these experiments seems to have been made in collaboration with their alien benefactors, a generator that doubled as a containment unit. When I came upon the unit, I had it opened to see what was inside. What I found was--disturbing, I resealed it immediately.

Long story short the 'pokemon' that is trapped within can apparently provide unlimited power at the expense of its comfort and health. I must admit that my mention of it was bred from curiosity, though perhaps it's best to let sleeping luxray lie. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 17, 2021 4:54:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
Of course, of course. I only intend to use it as a backup generator in Slateport should the need arise.

Ah. Interesting. An Ultra Beast, perhaps? There are several of them that roam Hoenn now.

Whatever you decide, handle with care. You may find them less impressive with time. The longer they’re exposed to our climate the less dramatized their power. At least in my opinion.

If you require assistance, taming such a Pokemon, do let me know. I fancy myself an expert in Ultra Beast domestication these days.

Hm…

We can discuss payment. Did you need some time reconvene with your sales department?

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 17:54:26 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Taming the creature is an interesting proposition, though personally I feel much safer with it locked up. I shall consider your offer however.

As for payment I don't require money. If you have anything of particular interest that you believe to be a fair exchange I would be more than happy to hear you out. If nothing comes to mind, we can discuss a monetary amount.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 18:08:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
Sounds good.

Hm… something of interest—actually, I do have something. It may not boast the raw power of Infinity Energy but it should be able to live up to its name.

The project from earlier is a perpetual motion machine used as an energy source. It works in theory but no one has ever been able to realize it.

The power required to get it started will be vastly inferior to the source. The drop off is so drastic that it isn’t practical to go through the trouble of making it in the first place—at least with the power sources we know of.

The second point of failure is that even if we found a suitable use case, the machine will break down long before the energy evaporates. Nothing we can construct will last forever. A life time, easily, but for eternity?

For infinity?

If that sounds suitable, I’ll have them dig up the blueprints and have a copy transferred over.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 18:31:43 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
More than suitable to be honest. I see a lot of potential in this project, even if it appears more than a bit challenging. We shall look over the blueprints and I will keep in touch on how this develops. I have to admit I am very intrigued.

A deal is struck then. I will review our conversation and write up a contract for you to sign. It should be faxed to you by the end of the week. Do you still use fax machines? Whatever we'll figure it out.

It's a pleasure doing business with you Mr. Silph, if you require anything else do not hesitate to contact me.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
ENERGY
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 18:46:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
I look forward to it, Clayton.

E-mail would be preferable, actually.

To a budding relationship then. I eagerly await our future endeavors.

Take care, Clayton.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights