291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Sin
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 21:53:02 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
He was the wrong person for the job, but in terms of partners, there seemed like no one better aesthetically at the very least. De Luca, was a beartic of a man. Miles sips his beer a sole eye sizing up his figure as the two are led to the underground arena. Miles was chosen to be the overseer for the man, while he fought in the ring. If things got too out of hand, Miles would step in, but the organization wanted to test De Luca's potential to see if the sailor's muscles were for show, and to see if he had the machismo to finish jobs that'd be required of him. Gruesome stuff, but better him than any of the children he's seen running around the base.

The elevator slows revealing another bar-like area in the center is an arena where both man and pokemon fight side by side. "How do you feel De Luca?" His voice is colder than usual as he hones in on the den. There was a bar and seats surrounding the center stage where people would watch the fights take place. Individuals of all kinds socialites to thieves watched betting on the various fighters. If Sin was palpable one was sure to find it here.

"Of course I'll cover you if things get too rough, but largely this is a test, not one of my choice." Their booking agent is impatient and begins to walk them closer to the stage.

@danton
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sin
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 23:24:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[newclass=".pipostblock"]width:400px; margin:0 auto; word-wrap:normal; } .pipostpost img { width:100px; height:100px; border-radius:100%; margin: 10px 10px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #222; filter: grayscale(100%); } .pipostpost { font:10px Verdana; line-height:120%; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 40px 20px 40px; color:#999; } .pipostpost b { color:#716075; } .pipostpost a { color:#666; font:10px times; text-decoration:none; letter-spacing:1px; font-style:italic; } .pipostcreds { height:8px; width:400px; margin:0 auto; color:#1a1a1a; font:10px roboto; text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:900; text-align:right; margin-top:0px; } .pipostpost span { font:10px times; color:#666; letter-spacing:0.45px;[/newclass][nospaces][googlefont=Roboto:400,900]

[attr="class","pipostblock"]
[attr="class","pipostpost"]
Danton knew little of what to expect from this...outing. His overseer, one from Rocket's upper echelon, seemed to be sizing him up. Danton, too, peered down at his superior when he could steal the chance. The scientist didn't look like a high-ranking officer would in Danton's mind. But if the whispered rumors heard on his nightly sub patrols were true...Thankfully, the rumbling of the elevator's stop hid Danton's shudder.[break][break]

While the space looked nice, its onlookers made clear what sort of seedy locale this truly was. More refined individuals practically clung to the bar, whilst wily rabble-rousers fought over seats near the ring. Once his eyes met the arena, Danton stopped taking in the rest of the room. Barstools and jeers were shuffled out of his mind, replaced by the promise of an unforgettable fight. Too busy scanning the room for his opponent, Danton simply huffed and nodded at Miles' question.[break][break]

An announcer stepped up on the stage and began nonchalantly explaining the rules. "Good evening ladies, 'gents. Tonight's opening match will be a 2 on 2 brawl, wherein each human combatant will bring a pokemon partner into the ring! Last man standing wins! And remember, this is a brawl! Only physical and status moves are allowed!" With that, the announcer returned to the bar, seemingly awaiting someone.[break][break]

Hurried to the stage, Danton struggled to hear Miles over the drum of chatter in the room. What he couldn't catch by word alone, Miles' bored tone made clear- Danton was on his own. The grunt stood at attention, showing utmost respect for his superior. "Thank you, sir. I will exceed your expectations." Confidence abounding, Danton climbed onto the ring and called out Galleon. Together, steel-faced man and metagross glowered at their opponents.[break][break]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[break][break]

# [break]
i can't tell if it's a seedy bar or an upscale arena thing lololol. long post only cuz this is the opening, feel free to keep it short and simple. Helps me get more posts out hehehe

[attr="class","pipostcreds"]code by pie

close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
Sin
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 23:07:37 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar

The lumbering man's words are surprisingly respectful, it's not something the scientist isn't quite accustomed to, but he accepts them regardless he figures with his rise in rank it was something he'd have to get used to. Before Miles can respond appropriately, however, the man was ushered to the stage land so he gives De Luca a mild wave before making his way to the stands.

As he moves past the various tables each with its own assortment of clientele Miles gauges the grunt's odds keeping a light ear to the various conversations. By the sound of it perhaps for his physique alone his odds weren't too bad despite his status as a newcomer. If Miles had to judge from the crowd he was looking at a 40/60 split leaning the way of Danton's opposition.

---------------------------

Jace Wild was more portly but just as big as De Luca, His response to the Metagross on the field was a Rhyperior. He had to be in his mid-30s and judging by the way he moved and the no small assortment of scars on his person he was no fresh face to the battle hut.

"I'll grind ya bones boy. use 'em for tooth pics"

In response to the taunts, the rhyperior would aim its arm at the Metagross the mechanism on its palm ready to fire boulders at the rocket duo once given the signal. What they didn't make up for in their spryness they made up for with their power that much was certain upon judging the two.

After the standard preamble, the announcer would back away before initiating the combat with a final shout. The Rock-type user wasted no time having the Rhyperior fire its rock blast at the steel type a shot or two also aimed at De Luca while the trainer would begin his approach.

------------------

Miles watches from above casually nursing some cheap drink the bar offered. While De Luca's match was important Miles had secondary business at the ring and the fight made for good cover.