thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
mentality
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 5:41:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"It would," Gavin says of their cause, "but it's not without risk."

Behind survival, power was his motivation — and throughout his life, he has paid its cost. Rocket had taken everything that he was and hammered him into a tool to suit their purpose, sharpened that tool into a weapon when its purpose needed change.

He glances at the bruise on his arm, slides fingers over tender flesh.

We own you. Your time is our time. Orders are orders.

"All Pokemon exist for the glory of Team Rocket." He speaks the familiar mantra with a humorless quirk of his lip. "Legendaries are Pokemon, too."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,309 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
mentality
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 9:26:40 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i tend not to dwell on risks. besides, i doubt i'd have much of a choice if it was offered."

he knows little of merlino's avatarship, nor flint's, but he knows rocket. if they were to offer him power only for him to turn it down — he tenses at the thought, mind briefly wondering about what merlino had to go through. he decides to ask.

"how did you receive yours?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
mentality
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 10:03:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"It wasn't Rocket who chose me; it was Lugia."

Lugia hadn't asked with words, and he hadn't answered with them. But Gavin had been open to its power, and the settling of its dark influence over his soul had felt as natural as breathing. He can't remember how he'd felt without it. It didn't matter.

"It was Walsh who entrusted Lugia to me. When he came over from Kanto to take over for Cadis, there was a meeting held in the submarine. And it was Walsh's device that did — whatever it did, for Lugia. It couldn't speak, before, and there was just — anger. But it knew everything that had happened to it. It remembers." There's a brief flicker of melancholy, quick to dart behind his mask. "It remembered I was good to it."

He closes his eyes a moment as he recalls the dizzying rush of power. His lips form the ghost of a smile before his eyes reopen.

"But I'd have said yes, either way."

Even if he'd known the price.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,309 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
mentality
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 15:32:25 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"ah."

though quick, the flicker of emotion is noticed behind it's masked. it isn't difficult to find subtleties in something so familiar. if anything, those subtleties are what stand out now. his eyes drift away and a nod follows, acknowleding.

"then lugia is yours. no one can take it away, not even rocket."

and though it goes unsaid, certain implications lie behind his words.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
mentality
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 15:45:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin shakes his head.

"No. I belong to Lugia."

A small clarification, but an important one. He feels the possessive legend's satisfaction with the words. Gavin doesn't seem bothered by the notion; rather, the ghost of a smile plays upon his lips.

"But the end result is the same: they will not separate us, not without force."

He understands the implication, acknowledges it with the intensity of his gaze.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,309 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
mentality
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 15:51:30 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]a final nod is giving, acknowleding what is unsaid.

"we have work to do, but we'll get there."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
mentality
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 15:58:48 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
We.

It feels good to know is on their side — his side.

"We will." A pause, then, "Your rank may have been stripped from you, Beckett, but mine grants a good deal of sway. Blatant favoritism is out of the question, but if you were to settle quick enough..."

He trails off, lets the implication click on its own.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,309 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
mentality
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 16:02:25 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i understand."

his phone buzzes in his pocket. he pulls it out, reads the little notification, then sighs.

"choi's calling for me."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
mentality
POSTED ON May 20, 2021 16:11:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin tilts his head, as if curious, then nods toward the door.

"Best you see what he wants, then."
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
mentality
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 1:21:44 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: