ARTHUR FINNIAN [break] VANDERBILT

[attr="class","lyric"]
BITE MY TONGUE

[attr="class","sublyric"]
i want your heart between my teeth

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]
"Mocking you?" Artie gave a little bit of a gasp. "I would never."

[break][break] And the thing is, he wouldn't. At least not intentionally. Hardly anything Artie did was ever intentional.

[break][break] Reaching up with an arm, the plastic bag sliding down his arm to his elbow, he flicked a piece of meat into his mouth and licked his finger. It was really good. The shop had been small but quaint, and had definitely had the makings of what was surely authentic Hoenn cuisine.

[break][break] With his other, he still held the bun out to . "If you're worried about feeling bad, don't be. I have a bunch in my bag over here." He raised the aforementioned bag up, jiggling a little bit as if to show that he plenty of things to eat after.

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

[newclass=.prince] width:490px; background:#2B2B2B; padding:30px 30px 0px 30px; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius:10px; margin:0px auto; position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.prince] --accent:#91f4ff; --speech:#91f4ff;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .textbox b] color:var(--speech); font-size:13px; text-shadow:1px 1px #222;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .textbox i] color:var(--speech); text-shadow:1px 1px #222;[/newclass][newclass=.prince:hover .top] transition:2s all;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .top] background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d6/72/98/d672981e4f5e10566ccbed5292287efe.jpg); opacity:0.95; filter:contrast(130%); height:250px; padding-top:20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 25%; position:relative; overflow:hidden; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .top .lyricbox] position:absolute; width:430px; right:25px; bottom:25px; z-index:5;[/newclass][newclass=.prince:hover .top .lyric] transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .top .lyric] color:#000; text-transform:uppercase; font:italic 35px roboto; line-height:30px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #52f6ff, 1px -1px 0 #fff, -1px 1px 0 #fff, 1px 1px 0 #fff; letter-spacing:5px; font-weight:bold; margin-bottom:5px; transition:1s all; text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .top .lyric .span] transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .top .sublyric] font:15px poppins; line-height:14px; font-weight:bold; color:#000; background:var(--accent); text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; padding:5px 20px;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .top .sublyric span] transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.prince:hover .top .sublyric span] transition:1s all; color:var(--speech);[/newclass][newclass=.prince .title] background:var(--accent); color:#222; font:bold 17px roboto; line-height:15px; margin-top:8px; letter-spacing:-1px; padding-bottom:1px; margin-bottom:10px; width:90px; padding:50px 25px 50px 30px; box-shadow:5px 5px #fff; border-radius:100px; position:relative; top:-50px; left:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .title span] padding-bottom:1px; border-bottom:10px solid #fff;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .main] font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; padding:20px; color:#fff; border-image:slice; border-bottom: 10px solid; border-image-slice: 1; border-width: 5px; border-image-source: linear-gradient(to left, var(--accent), #fff); position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .main::first-line] color:var(--speech); font:14px playfair display;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .textbox] padding:0px 50px; border-left: 1px solid var(--accent); border-right: 1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.prince .pkmntab] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .pkmntab img] filter:grayscale(100%); background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5); border-radius:100px; padding-bottom:10px; position:relative; z-index:99; transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .pkmntab img:hover] filter:none; transition:1s all; background:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.prince .flower] background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); height:450px; width:450px; right:0px; bottom:0px; position:absolute; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Inconsolata|Poppins|Montserrat|Lobster|Playfair+Display|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
silently judging everything
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
hard times [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 18:10:02 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

Looking in a dictionary would normally have Adam’s face there as the definition of ‘petty’, however this—

This was definitely taking the cake!

“It sure sounds like you are,” he grumbled as he looked away. Anything to avoid looking at those meat buns, because honestly he would kill a man just to have one.

And admit weakness in front of him? Hell no! he thought angrily before resisting the urge to roll his eyes skyward at the notion.

It was like the dictionary definition had changed—in Adam’s head at least. Instead of his picture, instead there was a picture of this ‘Artie’ there, and—

He then remembered what he’d chased this insufferable—this man for,

“The old man at the noodle stand asked me to return the money you paid, it was way too much.”

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
mirror, mirror on the wall
45 height
45 height
IN THE PALACE OF VERSAILLES, BEFORE THE FALL
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
arthur finnian vanderbilt
hard times [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 18:22:16 GMT
arthur finnian vanderbilt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prince"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","iconicon"]

[attr="class","lyricbox"]
[attr="class","title"]

[attr="class","lyric"]
BITE MY TONGUE

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]
The other still hadn't taken Artie's offered pastry. Honestly, it was getting to be a little weird. Was he not hungry? No, impossible. There was no way those atrocious noodles had satiated the man's appetite —

Oh. Was he one of those?

[break][break] Those no-homo bros who didn't want to share food with another man? Aw man. He liked his new friend, but that was kind of in poor taste.

[break][break] Artie blinked in surprise as the blond mentioned the "real" reason that he had been chased down. "Oh!" he said, pushing the bun into his mouth and taking another hearty bite. Beef spilled a little bit out of the edges, the delicious meaty juices running across Artie's bottom lip. He licked his lips. "That' fine, man," he said, waving him off. "It was a tip! You can give it back." Artie paused. "Or, you can keep it yourself if you want."

[break][break] This time, he offered his bag of treats to Adam. If the other looked inside, he would find countless treats — meat buns, sandwiches, even some sushi! Oh, and a few shiny trinkets as well. "Here, if you want your own."

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

[newclass=.prince] width:490px; background:#2B2B2B; padding:30px 30px 0px 30px; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius:10px; margin:0px auto; position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.prince] --accent:#91f4ff; --speech:#91f4ff;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .textbox b] color:var(--speech); font-size:13px; text-shadow:1px 1px #222;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .textbox i] color:var(--speech); text-shadow:1px 1px #222;[/newclass][newclass=.prince:hover .top] transition:2s all;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .top] background:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d6/72/98/d672981e4f5e10566ccbed5292287efe.jpg); opacity:0.95; filter:contrast(130%); height:250px; padding-top:20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 25%; position:relative; overflow:hidden; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .top .lyricbox] position:absolute; width:430px; right:25px; bottom:25px; z-index:5;[/newclass][newclass=.prince:hover .top .lyric] transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .top .lyric] color:#000; text-transform:uppercase; font:italic 35px roboto; line-height:30px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #52f6ff, 1px -1px 0 #fff, -1px 1px 0 #fff, 1px 1px 0 #fff; letter-spacing:5px; font-weight:bold; margin-bottom:5px; transition:1s all; text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .top .lyric .span] transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .top .sublyric] font:15px poppins; line-height:14px; font-weight:bold; color:#000; background:var(--accent); text-align:right; text-transform:uppercase; padding:5px 20px;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .top .sublyric span] transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.prince:hover .top .sublyric span] transition:1s all; color:var(--speech);[/newclass][newclass=.prince .title] background:var(--accent); color:#222; font:bold 17px roboto; line-height:15px; margin-top:8px; letter-spacing:-1px; padding-bottom:1px; margin-bottom:10px; width:90px; padding:50px 25px 50px 30px; box-shadow:5px 5px #fff; border-radius:100px; position:relative; top:-50px; left:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .title span] padding-bottom:1px; border-bottom:10px solid #fff;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .main] font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; padding:20px; color:#fff; border-image:slice; border-bottom: 10px solid; border-image-slice: 1; border-width: 5px; border-image-source: linear-gradient(to left, var(--accent), #fff); position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .main::first-line] color:var(--speech); font:14px playfair display;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .textbox] padding:0px 50px; border-left: 1px solid var(--accent); border-right: 1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.prince .pkmntab] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; padding-bottom:20px;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .pkmntab img] filter:grayscale(100%); background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5); border-radius:100px; padding-bottom:10px; position:relative; z-index:99; transition:1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.prince .pkmntab img:hover] filter:none; transition:1s all; background:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.prince .flower] background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); height:450px; width:450px; right:0px; bottom:0px; position:absolute; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Inconsolata|Poppins|Montserrat|Lobster|Playfair+Display|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
hard times [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 18:51:08 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

He was so—flippant at the reaction about the money.

Holy shit.

Did he not care at all?

Well, that settles it, he thought to himself as he shrugged. “Well, since you’re not going to take the money back—might as well keep it. Need it for next month’s rent. Bloody-ass expensive renting a one-room apartment here in Lilycove,” he grumbled.

Geez, could this day get any more—worse?!

I am not a charity case! He screamed in the back of his mind… as the smell of those buns tempted him again.

“You’re not going to stop, are you,” he muttered—mostly to himself, before quickly grabbing the offered bag and turning around to examine its contents.

close tab

played by

milky

artie, finn, finch
he/him
august 13
CIRCHESTER, GALAR
pansexual
prince
cadet
mirror, mirror on the wall
45 height
45 height
IN THE PALACE OF VERSAILLES, BEFORE THE FALL
awards
110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @arthur
arthur finnian vanderbilt
hard times [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 5:37:52 GMT
arthur finnian vanderbilt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prince"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","iconicon"]

[attr="class","lyricbox"]
[attr="class","title"]

[attr="class","lyric"]
BITE MY TONGUE

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]
Just as with everything else, Artie doesn't seem to take the hint. As the other grumbles on about purchases and money, fortunes that Artie has never had the privileges to worry about, he continues to munch on his bun until it completely devoured. He licks his fingers and sucks on them before releasing them with a pop just as the last of 's words echoes in his ears.

[break][break] "Hm?" he says, with a tilt of his head. "Did you want me to?"

[break][break] Though, for the world of him, Artie had no idea what he was talking about.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmntab"]

[attr="class","flower"]

close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
hard times [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 17:20:43 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar

He had gotten so fed up with looking through the contents of the bag the next words flew over his head completely. Not until he’d managed to extract a… bun that was absolutely crammed with beef did he realize that the other was still talking to him.

“Say what?” was all he remarked, holding a bun—which he then took an incredibly big bite out of. Geez, what a chatty case he had with him.

Either way—now that the other had quieted down, he could enjoy this bun in peace. It was… quite good, apparently. He then took another big bite before finding his voice again after a while.

“Did you say something? Missed what you said last.”