twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
trash
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 10:47:55 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"sumi, i'll admit — i've never done this before..."

like a magikarp out of water, danny stands by the water with his feet already half-buried in the sand. he carries a trash bag in one gloved-hand while the other remains empty.

"so we have to clean all of it? the entire beach?"

[attr="class","noodles"]@sumi // [x]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trash
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 12:15:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont=Lato:300|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","sumi1"]
[attr="class","sumi3"]
, Katsumi's Outfit
[attr="class","sumi2"] Somehow Katsumi had managed to not only wake up extremely early, but she managed to make it here while getting all of her responsibilities in order before she left home. She was pretty proud of herself. That and the fact that she managed to convince a friend to take this volunteer gig with her. Even if it meant waking up at sunrise.

She knew a lot of people weren't morning people like her, but since they were working on the beach she figured it would be best to get the bulk of the work done before it got really hot and miserable for them later. So, to ask forgiveness she packed homemade bento's for the both of them to have once they were ready.

"Sumi, I'll admit — I've never done this before..." Danny spoke up beside her, pulling Katsumi from her train of thoughts. She chuckled as she glanced back at him. "What? Never picked up trash before? You'll be fine," she reassured as she bent down to pick up a piece of trash that she couldn't grab with the trash pin.

"So we have to clean all of it? The entire beach?" Dan asked her, sounding a bit hopeless as he did so. Standing up she shook her head as a sudden gust of cool wind blew her brown hair in her face. "No silly. We work in shifts. We do as much as we can and then when our times up someone else will take over." She said as she brushed her hair from her face just for the wind to blow it back. With a frustrated huff, Katsumi pulled a scrunchie from her wrist and began to tie her hair up in a ponytail.

"But don't think I'm gonna let you slack off now that you know that!" She said with a mocking glare pointed his way. She gestured to him with two fingers pointing at her eyes then his. As if to say, 'I'm watching you,' before dropping the serious facial expression for a more relaxed one. She was just teasing after all.

"If we don't think about it, we'll be done in no time!" Katsumi encouraged him before reaching in her pocket and summoning her Raboot to her side. "Besides we have some helpers." she said with a grin. "Oz, think you can help out? I've got a treat with your name on it if you do." she said as she watched Oz yawn before huffing in response.

"Oh!" she exclaimed before reaching back in her pocket for her phone. "I can play some music if that'll help pass the time." She offered Dan her phone. "Music always helps chores go by faster." she added with a bright smile flashed his way. It's true, whenever she was cleaning she would get lost in the music and before she knew it, her task would be finished.

--

LIFE'S A BEACH (M) | xtra notes: (1/5)
RED LIPS, WET SKIN ON,
- t h e - p o r c e l a i n -
dandy ♫

[newclass=.sumi1]float:left;margin-top:-25px;background-image:url(https://pile.randimg.net/3/10/190070/Katsumi%20Post.png);width:250px;height:450px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2]margin-left:12px;width:230px;height:355px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:9px Verdana;color:#EEE;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px!important;background-color:#999!important;border:0px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px!important;background-color:#932f44!important;border:0px;important;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2::-webkit-scrollbar-track]border-left:2px solid #15151a;border-right:2px solid #15151a;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi3]z-index:10;position:relative;float:left;margin-top:363px;margin-left:-240px;opacity:0;background-color:rgba(25,25,25,0.8);width:150px;padding:10px;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass][newclass=div:hover .sumi3]opacity:1;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
trash
POSTED ON May 19, 2021 14:00:29 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]the fact that danny is even awake right now is something to be celebrated. he is not a morning person, not in the slightest, and it's evident by how slow he is with everything he does. still, he tries his best, and follows her lead for most of it.

"and how long is our shift? like an hour?" there's desperation in the way he asks because deep down he knows it won't be an hour. he sighs, then bends down to pick up trash.

"slack? me? that's mad! sumi, i would never," he says as he literally stops for a break. but he meets her tease with a chuckle, shrugging it off.

he greets the little raboot with a friendly wave, then reaches over to take her phone. he taps, sifting through it, and plays the first song he finds on a random playlist. he extends it back over after.

"how often do you do this again? not this specifically, but volunteer work, i suppose.""

[attr="class","noodles"]@sumi
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trash
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 8:57:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","sumi1"]
[attr="class","sumi3"]
, Katsumi's Outfit
[attr="class","sumi2"]Katsumi didn't need to answer Danny with words, a look would suffice when he asked about how long the shift would be. Considering it was 7 in the morning for them currently, they wouldn't be done till at least 10 in the morning. Which was a quick 3 hour shift. But 3 hours nonetheless. It seemed he understood as he continued on to 'assure' her he would be working hard.

She didn't have many doubts that he would do the job well. But sometimes even the best people need a little push or some encouragement every now and then. "Considering Lunch is on me as a treat, I surely hop so." she responded to the jest. "After all, only hard workers eat lunch." she added with a joke of her own.

After flipping through her phone for a moment before he decided on a song or playlist he felt like listening to, he handed her phone back and she nodded. Turning up the volume on the device before hooking it to a clip that was looped on the belt of her shorts. "how often do you do this again? not this specifically, but volunteer work, i suppose." he asked her as she continued to quickly comb through her side of the beach.

"Hmmm, that's a toughie," Katsumi said as both she and her Raboot added some more trash to their bag. With a sheepish smile she shrugged, "It's honestly probably easier to ask when am I not volunteering." she said with a chuckle. "I just like to help people. It keeps me busy, makes me feel useful." she said before she paused to think, "It's part of the reason why I joined the Ranger's I suppose." Katsumi added with a chuckle.

That wasn't far from the truth, she had several reasons for joining up with the Rangers but feeling needed usually was the base reason for why she did anything. Sure she might be exhausted later from just running on go at all times, but that's when she knew she had a good day that was truly productive. Or maybe she was just a masochist in disguise, with a dash of workaholic sprinkled in somewhere.

"I appreciate the help though Danny." Katsumi thanked him sweetly. It was true, just because this was something she regularly did, didn't mean that was his thing. But he was here, early in the morning, putting up with her antics for some gods known reason. She really appreciated that.

--

LIFE'S A BEACH (M) | xtra notes: (2/5)
RED LIPS, WET SKIN ON,
dandy ♫

[newclass=.sumi1]float:left;margin-top:-25px;background-image:url(https://pile.randimg.net/3/10/190070/Katsumi%20Post.png);width:250px;height:450px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2]margin-left:12px;width:230px;height:355px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:9px Verdana;color:#EEE;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px!important;background-color:#999!important;border:0px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px!important;background-color:#932f44!important;border:0px;important;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi2::-webkit-scrollbar-track]border-left:2px solid #15151a;border-right:2px solid #15151a;[/newclass][newclass=.sumi3]z-index:10;position:relative;float:left;margin-top:363px;margin-left:-240px;opacity:0;background-color:rgba(25,25,25,0.8);width:150px;padding:10px;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass][newclass=div:hover .sumi3]opacity:1;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
trash
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 17:39:57 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"man, you're so cool, sumi! volunteering, joining the rangers..." he trails off, thoughts drifting elsewhere for a brief moment before returning right as she thanks him. he can't help the involuntary blush that appears on his cheeks.

"of course! it was about time my lazy ass got up and did something. i have you to thank for that. otherwise i'd still probably be asleep right now."

he doesn't know why he said probably — to save face, maybe? — but he would definitely be asleep. the thought has him smiling as he reaches down to scoop a few empty cans into the trash bag.

"oh i forgot to ask. what's for lunch?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trash
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 11:34:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","sumi1"]
[attr="class","sumi3"]
, Katsumi's Outfit
[attr="class","sumi2"]"of course! it was about time my lazy ass got up and did something. i have you to thank for that. otherwise i'd still probably be asleep right now." Danny replied to her earlier thanks. She was sure he meant well but she still felt bad about calling him to work at this hour. Especially since he confirmed her fears, that he wasn't an early riser. Ah well, you live and you learn. It was something she would take into consideration next time.

"Glad you don't hate me for it," she said with a shy chuckle. A few beats of silence passed as they worked on the task ahead of them. Katsumi hummed along to the music Danny had chosen while she worked. Things were going relatively smoothly for the first bit. They were working pretty steadily, and while there was still a mountain of work to be done, at least she was slowly beginning to see some progress.

"oh i forgot to ask. what's for lunch?" Katsumi paused from her work for a little bit as she pondered whether to keep it a secret or tell him. She hadn't really considered his taste in food. She just woke up early today to make them lunch. Now that she thought about it, what if Danny didn't like it. Katsumi grew nervous for a moment as she glanced over at him with a slight blush on her cheeks.

"I uh..." she began as she turned her gaze down to her feet. "I made things from the cuisine back home. But I have now realized you might not like it." She said softly as she glanced back to where they had left their things. "I'm not sure you'll know what it is, but I guess I can tell you anyway." she thought out loud before glancing back at him. "I made a bento with gomoku gohan as a main dish. I have kinpira gobo and curried lamb karaage as main side dishes. For the additional side dishes I made simmered sweet potatoes with lemon and harusame salad."

Since she had woken up so early today, even earlier than her normal, it would seem she slipped back into old habits. She hadn't done that in a while but to prepare Johto cuisine for someone who wasn't used to it, that was a big flop. She felt embarrassed now that she managed to make such a mistake. Some people here in Hoenn found it hard enough to barely pronounce her name correctly, who knew how they would receive her food.

She quickly waved her hands at him. "I said a lot of things, it's probably confusing. We can just end early and I can treat you to a meal somewhere you're more comfortable." she quickly added. Scratching the back of her head, Oz complained beside her, his little arms filled with trash that he'd been waiting to deposit into the trash bag but Katsumi had been distracted. "Oh, I'm sorry Oz." she said as she quickly opened it up for him.

--

LIFE'S A BEACH (M) | xtra notes: (3/5) excuse the billion of links to recipes I put in here. I figured it would help explain what I envisioned. (And I wanted something to come back to so I could make these myself mwahaha) xD
RED LIPS, WET SKIN ON,
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
trash
POSTED ON May 22, 2021 14:35:03 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]his head nods to the beat of the music and though he barely knows the lyrics, he tries his best anyways, and softly sings along to whatever song that comes on. he doesn't know the one that currently plays, but he's still humming along as he continues to pick up trash.

he stops for a moment to give sumi his full attention. she lists out various dishes she made and by he practically gasps by the end of it.

"oh i had no idea you cooked for us! sumi that all sounds amazing! i don't know half of them but if they're cooked by you then i'm sure i'll love it."

he shakes his head when she suggests treating him to a meal elsewhere.

"no, no! i'm really looking forward to the bento you made. so much that i'll even stop complaining for the rest of the shift."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trash
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 17:38:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","sumi1"]
[attr="class","sumi3"]
, Katsumi's Outfit
[attr="class","sumi2"]"oh i had no idea you cooked for us! sumi that all sounds amazing! i don't know half of them but if they're cooked by you then i'm sure i'll love it." Danny exclaims and Sumi's eyes grow wide before she feels her face heat up uncontrollably. She quickly tears her gaze from her friend and waves her hand. "No no it's no big deal. I-I'm sure it won't even be that good." she lied but suddenly she felt extremely embarrassed about this whole ordeal.

"no, no! i'm really looking forward to the bento you made. so much that i'll even stop complaining for the rest of the shift." he continued before smiling at her. Katsumi pressed her lips into a thin line and nodded before quickly turning to get to work. Katsumi didn't say much, just listened to the music that was playing on her phone. Why was she so embarrassed. It was just food right?

Ah well, she couldn't control her emotionally outbursts when they happened nor did she understand them. The shift went by quickly after that. They combed the beach and since it was so early they didn't really run into any encounters with wild pokémon. Before she knew it, it was time to pack it up and switch shifts which meant they could finally break to eat their lunch.

Sumi sighed before looking up at the sky, shielding her eyes from the sun. "Good work today Danny!" she said with a smile. They actually worked pretty efficiently and quickly. Good thing they did too because it was starting to warm up. She felt bad for the people that got the shift after her. Hopefully they were prepared.

Katsumi went over to where they had left their things. "So did you want to eat now?" she called out to him as she held the two neatly wrapped bento's in her hand. "Oh, and I think I brought some tea with me too." she said as she turned to look back at her bag before pulling the thermos out and waving it at him with a big grin.

--

LIFE'S A BEACH (M) | xtra notes: (4/5)
RED LIPS, WET SKIN ON,
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
trash
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 10:03:20 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]danny's exhausted by the time their shift ends. it's a mixture of waking up early and being out in the sun for so long that just ends him. he's practically stumbling back to where they had left their stuff when she compliments him on a job well done.

"yeah! good work. nice work. loved it."

his words are rushed, tired, and as soon as their stuff comes into sight, he rushes on ahead and plops down by it. he turns to lie on his back, then stretches his arms out wide as if it would help make him less tired.

"eat? oh! now would be lovely."

the thought of food has him springing right up. he sits up, then extends his hands out, ready to accept the bento box.

"i've been looking forward to this all morning. thank you again, sumi, for cooking!"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
trash
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 16:19:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","sumi1"]
[attr="class","sumi3"]
, Katsumi's Outfit
[attr="class","sumi2"]The speed in which Danny went from exhaustion on the verge of dying to perking up ready to chow down left Katsumi dying of laughter. It was just so funny to see, but she could totally understand where he was coming from. He held his hands out ready to receive his bento with eagerness and Sumi nodded.

"i've been looking forward to this all morning. thank you again, sumi, for cooking!" Sumi handed him his wrapped bento before rustling around in her bag once more. "No problem. It's the least I could do since you helped me out so much." she said with a bright smile back at him. She held up two forms of utensils for him. He had the option to choose forks or chopsticks. She figured it would be nice to give him some options just in case he wasn't used to using chopsticks. "Here, pick whichever one you want to use."

Once he picked Sumi grabbed her own pair of chopsticks and began to unwrap her bento. She made them the same, but gave Danny a larger portion since she figured guys ate a lot more. When she opened the top of her box she smiled. It still looked gorgeous and presentable the way she packed it. It almost looked to nice to eat. Too bad she was starving so that was going out the window.

But not before she napped a quick picture to share later. "Dig in, and let me know what you think." she said with a smile before picking up a piece of the fried lamb and popping it in her mouth. Crispy, succulent, but most of all juicy. Damn she was good. "Mmm," she hummed as she savored the food.

--

LIFE'S A BEACH (M) | xtra notes: (5/5) We should be able to close this here unless you wanted to post once more!
RED LIPS, WET SKIN ON,
dandy ♫

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
trash
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 6:00:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@sumi