twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
stray kids
POSTED ON May 21, 2021 17:48:25 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]the night market! he remembers coming here when he was still a wee kid. it's definitely changed a whole lot, but as he spends a moment to glance around at the various stalls, he swears he sees a few familiar faces. they fill him with nostalgia at the very least. he approaches one of them, practically skipping over.

"hey! we would like four, please."

it's then that he feels a slight shock against his neck from dedenne's NUZZLE. he quickly corrects himself.

"sorry! i meant six — six takoyaki please."

he should've known better, and though he can't see dee on his shoulder, he can practically feel her glare. so he distracts himself and focuses on the passing faces. he stops on one in particular.

"ruby? ruby!"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
stray kids
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 3:28:28 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rolling-contain"]
[attr="class","rolling-header"]
[attr="class","rolling-team"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]Ruby hadn't really traveled through the night market since that fateful night over a year ago, not just for a casual stroll anyways. Whenever she did walk through, there was always some goal in mind. Helping someone, finding food quickly and leaving, or going somewhere else beyond. Most people in Slateport already knew who she was, there wasn't really any sort of vanishing into the crowd to be done. And yet, she found herself braving the past nerves and just pushing through. She had no goal, no immediate call for action, nothing more than overcoming her own nerves and attempting to enjoy the sights and sounds of the city.[break][break]

It was relatively peaceful, all things considered. People and Pokemon were just having a good time, and it was all she could have really hoped for. With a soft smile on her face, Ruby continued to walk through the markets. That is until someone calling out her name suddenly stopped her in her tracks. She was used to being recognized in public, but something about that voice sounded familiar... [break][break]

Ruby would have been fairly young meeting the young man, but she never forgot a friendly face from back home. Her smile immediately widened as recollection dawned on her face. "Hey," She called out in response, slowly approaching over towards him with a few careful steps through the crowd. "I didn't know you were in Hoenn, Danny! When did you arrive? Goodness, I haven't seen you since I was small." [break][break]

She paused, only to look down at herself and chuckle softly. "Well, smaller than I still am, I suppose."

[break][break]
[attr="class","rolling-divide"]
[break]

notes N/A

[break]
[attr="class","rolling-tag"]
</>

[newclass=.ruby .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread b]font-weight:bold;color:#B8D9EC;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
stray kids
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 4:31:21 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"yeah it's been a while, hasn't it! i didn't know you were here either! i got back a few weeks ago."

he chuckles at the mention of her height, more friendly than anything. he's about to make a joke before he feels a NUZZLE against his neck that zaps him quiet. on his shoulder, rubbing against his neck, is his dedenne. dee offers ruby a wave as it hops a little in excitement.

"where are my manners? ruby, you remember dee."

the little dedenne waves its arms in the air in an attempt to communicate. surprisingly, danny understands, and lifts a hand up so dee can hop on.

"she wants to give you a hug."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
stray kids
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 6:39:11 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]He didn't know she was here? It wasn't that unsurprising, she couldn't really expect everyone from back home to read Hoenn news. That said, if he hung around in Slateport Ruby had a sneaking suspicion that it wouldn't be too difficult to hear about the Saint. [break][break]

Regardless, before she can really comment on it his Dedenee seemed incredibly affectionate. With a soft smile, Ruby held out her arm to allow Dee to climb across to her and give her a hug. "Of course I do, as if I'd forget such a cutie? Get over here precious." She wouldn't hesitate to give the electric mouse affection in return, giggling quietly. [break][break]

"I'd bring out Whisper for a proper re-introduction as well, but uh, well, you know." Her soft smile grew sheepish as she spoke. Especially several years ago, Whisper the Hatterene wasn't the most friendly Pokemon to others. It was only within the last year that she seemed to be comfortable in cities at all, but idle chitchat really was never her thing. [break][break]

"Either way, I've been in Hoenn for a while! Over a year, actually." She'd pause and look around for a few seconds at all the other people walking by before speaking again. "Would you like to find a place to sit for a bit?"

[break][break]
[break]

notes N/A

[break]
</>

[newclass=.ruby .rolling-contain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-header]width:375px;height:160px;overflow:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team]width:405px;margin-left:-380px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-team:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-thread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;font-weight:700;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-tag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby .rolling-divide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
stray kids
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 17:22:52 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"yes...i do know..."

though his voice lowers to a whisper, he speaks in jest and he makes sure to break into a soft chuckle after. at the mention of finding seats, he nods, then remembers what they had been waiting for.

"sure thing! but one second i don't think dee would ever forgive me if we left without food."

he turns back to the vendor who's just about finished their order of six balls of takoyaki. after a quick exchange, he turns back to ruby and dee, then nods.

"right! let's go."

it doesn't take them long to find a place to sit: there's a small area set up in the market with tables and chairs for people to sit, eat, talk, and relax. they take up one of the tables.

danny places the tray of takoyaki onto the table and hands a stick over to ruby.

"i don't know if you've ever had these but they're really good! they're really popular in johto. oh but we have to make sure dee gets at least two."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
stray kids
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 17:49:31 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"]
As he whispered for a second, Ruby couldn't help but simply smile back in return. It was honestly really nice to meet an old friend, they seemed unfortunately incredibly scarce here in Hoenn. Really, it wasn't as if she could expect all the childhood friends to just follow her wherever she went, but it sure would have been nice.[break][break]

When Danny got his food, Ruby was quick to follow along and sit down beside him. She wasn't expecting to be handed a stick of his own food though. Smiling, she took the stick and nodded her head politely. "I have, actually. You can't imagine the amount of foreign food they have just, everywhere here. Back in the Galar Region, our obsession with curries seem a bit strange to me now. Regardless, thanks! I'll have to repay you back sometime."[break][break]

She took a bite of the food, grinning ear to ear. Making sure to finish her mouthful first, Ruby eventually spoke up again. "So where have you been staying? Or, perhaps more honestly I should ask where you live? I for one, have been surviving out of my tent and a few motels for quite a while. It's honestly really fun, moving around from place to place." Exhausting too, but absolutely worth it.

[break][break]
[break]

notes N/A

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
stray kids
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 10:04:32 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"your tent? motels?"

his eyes widen when she talks about living out of tents and motels, more surprised than anything. he could never imagine himself doing the same. which is why he's amazed and impressed.

"ruby that sounds mad fun. a bit scary, too — like i could never do it, but it's so cool that you are!"

he settles back down when it's his turn to share.

"i'm still living with my parents back in oldale, sadly. i'm thinking about moving out soon, though! i just don't know where. or even what i'd do."

he thinks briefly of .

"i'm thinking of trying out...modeling...maybe. actually i don't know why i said maybe. it's why i'm in slateport. i have a shoot in a few days."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
stray kids
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 9:33:32 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

[attr="class","rolling-thread"][attr="class,"faction"] His surprise at her lifestyle only encouraged a sheepish grin to spread across her face. It certainly wasn't for everyone, but at least for now, she enjoyed it rather extremely. At some point, she needed to settle down, but she still had plenty of time to do that.

She never had met his parents, but Oldale certainly wasn't a terrible place to live. The beautiful greenery all around appealed to her quite extremely. Still, moving out didn't sound like a terrible idea. Everyone had to grow up and move on eventually, people just moved at different paces.

"Modeling, huh?" Ruby paused, giving him a soft smile. "Why, that sounds lovely! I bet you'd make a killing, I'm sure! I'll admit, I make most of my own money through battling other trainers. A bit risky, but I've become quite good at it."

She hummed quietly, gently rubbing her chin as she continued. "Haven't really thought about what career I really want to settle down and commit to yet, I suppose. I've been thinking, but nothing really seems to cry out, you know?"

[break][break]
[break]

notes N/A

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
stray kids
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 13:22:19 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]ruby's belief in him flusters him a little. he quickly laughs it off, brushing over it. again, his eyes widen in surprise — the realization's only hitting him now of just how little he actually knows ruby. he'll have to change that.

"you could always go down the trainer route! i hear they're making quite good money now, given how popular streams are nowadays."

he jabs into a takoyaki, raising it to his mouth.

"have you challenged any of the gyms here yet?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
stray kids
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2021 14:13:22 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

Streams? As in, streaming Pokemon Battles to people online? It certainly made sense, but she had never really thought of that before. Now that it was brought up, she could certainly understand the appeal. All social media could be used to build a platform... a reminder to dust off her blog and type up another entry.
[break][break]

However, as he spoke about gyms, Ruby paused for a second. Awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck, a quiet laugh escaped her lips. "Yeah, uh... I've challenged a few. I have been here for over a year, after all." It was one thing to just, show off her badge case to random people she didn't know super well, but bragging to people who actually knew her? Definitely a more difficult feat. She hadn't even told her parents how many badges she had!
[break][break]

"I have, you know, done a little more than just that." Sheepishly staring down at her food, with a nervous smile on her face, Ruby continued. "I, kind of challenged the E4, a little bit, already. Just a tiny bit."
[break][break]

She'd slowly take a bite of her food, looking away as a pink blush slowly began to spread across her cheeks.
[break][break]
[break]

notes N/A

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
stray kids
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 9:36:35 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]he's struggling to eat his one takoyaki as is due to the intense heat it releases after he bites into it, but the nail in the coffin is when he hears the mention of the elite four. he chokes, quicky swallowing, then coughs.

"the elite four? ruby? THE ELITE FOUR?"

he drops his stick, leans forward, thoroughly engaged.

"did you win? tell me everything."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
stray kids
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2021 11:17:02 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

She expected a reaction, but she definitely didn't expect him to literally choke on his food. She was quick to give him a look of concern, ready to get out of her chair to help him when he finally swallowed and spoke again. [break][break]

"Yeah, the Elite Four. Listen, I told you I had gotten pretty good at this, huh?" She can't help but chuckle ever so quietly despite the furious blush on her cheeks, once again rubbing the back of her neck. "It was months ago, really. I challenged the current champion, back when he was still only Elite Four. I haven't really bothered to try again since then."[break][break]

Almost instinctively, Ruby placed a hand on top of Whisper's Pokeball where it rested at her side. It was simply a comforting gesture. "And no, I didn't win. 's strategy was incredibly sound. It was only with a bit of luck that I managed to even make it a close battle at all. Neither of us had super-effective moves against one another, so I tried to force it with Magic Powder. Still, my Z-Move Black Hole Eclipse wasn't enough to compare to the damage already done, and my Pokemon eventually fainted."[break][break]

She paused for a few seconds, waiting to judge his reaction before continuing. "You... can always watch me battle sometime, if you want?"

[break][break]
[break]

notes N/A

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
stray kids
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 9:56:59 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]his reaction is nothing short of astounded, impressed — the man's literally in awe at her story. to think he'd sit next to someone so capable, someone who battled the current champion and gave him a close battle?

"still! ruby that's so impressive. and YES i would love to watch you battle sometime."

he jabs the stick back into another takoyaki, splits it into a small enough piece before lifting it up for dee on his shoulder. the dedenne blows on it a little before chomping down.

"whenever you're free, i'm there."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
stray kids
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 0:02:26 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]

His praise certainly encouraged her blush to grow deeper. Still, it was certainly a bit of a boost to her confidence. For so long, she had been surrounded by other incredibly impressive people, mingling with gym leaders and rangers and other people of importance that it seemed like her feats of skill were almost, not as impressive as some of the things they've been up to. [break][break]

Regardless, a soft smile forms on her face as she watches Dee eat their own food. How utterly adorable. [break][break]

"Well, you know the Hoenn Star Tournament starts soon! I was debating on participating a little bit for fun. If you do though... keep an eye out for that Saint of Slateport woman. I hear she's quite tough, and I really gotta up my game." Ruby was quiet for a few seconds, only before a gentle teasing smirk began to twitch onto her lips. Maybe joking about this sort of stuff wasn't so bad after all. Certainly easier than dancing around eggshells.

[break][break]
[break]

notes N/A

[break]
</>

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
stray kids
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 9:47:55 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"debating? there's no debate, ruby! you gotta join."

after swallowing the takoyaki, dee nods and raises a small arm to flex, supporting danny's point.

"we won't be participating but we'll definitely head out to watch the saint of slateport do her thing."

[attr="class","noodles"]