Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,004 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
drinks are on me [m/c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 0:22:18 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

there's a trace of remorse when her hand leaves his, but he still feels the tingle of her touch on his palm. almost like nursing a sore muscle, he flexes his fingers, still thinking it hadn't happened.

"i saw him scoop an orange one in particular that i just can't get out of my head," he says, smiling from ear to ear. he nearly leaps from his seat and takes the lead, eyes scanning for any poor waitresses he might come across.

when they exit, he banks right, eyeing a small line forming.

"what're you feeling?" he asks when they finally arrive, a small menu just to the right of the gentleman's stand.
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
drinks are on me [m/c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 0:30:59 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

"Mmm.."[break][break]

She hums thoughtfully, following him quietly out of the tent and outside. There, the noises grow exponentially, and her dark eyes follow the darkening sky. More and more fireworks whizz into the dark, exploding in showers of colour. It takes her breath away.[break][break]

In fact, the woman is so distracted by it that she slips, walking further despite him having stopped in the line. She bumps into the back of him just as he asks her what she's feeling. Dazed, she misunderstands the question and steps back.[break][break]

"Distracted-- my apologies again."[break][break]

Only after a second of pause does she realize he'd meant what flavour, and she clears her throat awkwardly, tucking her chin to her chest briefly. She scans the menu briefly, but her mind had already been made up: she would get what she was always offered, plain vanilla.[break][break]

"Oh.. vanilla is fine, thank you."

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,004 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
drinks are on me [m/c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 0:44:21 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"oof," he lets out involuntarily, turning around and placing his hands against her shoulders to stabilize her. there's a flush to her cheeks. was she exhausted from working all day? nervous?

when he sees her eyes dance briefly between himself and the fireworks, he understands. "we can sit and watch the fireworks on that hill over there." he points to a mound of green and brown. already, a dozen other couples were there and he could hear children laughing in the same direction.

greyson doesn't judge her choice of ice cream, instead he approaches the man. "uh, one orange cream and a vanilla please. waffle cones." the man complies and sets to making their order.

"you can try mine too, if you want."
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
drinks are on me [m/c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 0:57:00 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

"No--" her interjection is sharp, an admission of guilt.[break][break]

"That isn't necessary, really."[break][break]

It was an act of selfishness and surely he was only offering because he felt he had to. How unprofessional of her, it was discouraging. Father would be displeased. To watch the fireworks was a priviledge, a gift that she should work for, not be given easily. Conflict is written in her exasperated expression as he walks away to retrieve their treats.[break][break]

You can try mine too, if you want.[break][break]

If she wanted?[break][break]

"Why?"[break][break]

Her confusion is blurted out suddenly. Why would he want to share something that he had gotten for himself?

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,004 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
drinks are on me [m/c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 1:11:54 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson frowned, turning from her to the hill. "i mean, it's really no trouble at all? but, also, if you don't want too, we don't have too."  he shrugged slightly. pushing to do something, even if he had a hunch she wanted to, was not a good thing. in the end he'd go with whatever she wanted.

greyson blinks at her question. it was a perfectly valid was, surely. but not something that was commonly asked.

"in case you wanted to see what it tasted like. maybe you'd want to get it next time you went for ice cream," he confessed, eyes searching her face for.. something. was she on guard? it'd make sense, they had only just met less than ten minutes ago.

had she.. never been on a date?
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
drinks are on me [m/c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 1:22:31 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Misinterpreting the situation wasn't uncommon- but usually she was set alongside @amor who knew how best to navigate a conversation. He was the conversationalist, she was merely the shadow. So when Greyson questions her and stares back at her with the same confused stare, she struggles to catch her breath.[break][break]

Warmth returns to her face, this time in mortification. Her eyes are wide and she glances away from him quickly, struggling to rectify the situation. It came back down to why she'd agreed to come along with him in the first place. Had it been guilt? She didn't feel guilty- or she did, but for different reasons.[break][break]

"Do you like fireworks?"[break][break]

Why did she ask that?[break][break]

"I-- I do want to."[break][break]

Why did she say that?[break][break]

Greyson searches her face and his intensity is unusual. No one except perhaps Amor had ever paid such close attention to her expressions. It made her think she had something on her face. She swallows and the man handling the ice cream clears his throat and beckons to them with their prepared ice creams.[break][break]

"I've never had another flavor."[break][break]

Frankly, she hadn't known another kind really existed. It'd never been something she'd looked into or considered. She eyes his orange cone, baffled.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,004 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
drinks are on me [m/c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 1:46:50 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

her reaction is unprecedented. the way her face flushes more; how she looks away; and even how she admits that she does want to watch the fireworks. greyson's grin turns mischievous. his nerves vanish in the face of hers and he settles into this 'date' more comfortably.

"i do. i want to watch them with you," he admits, violet eyes intensely pursuing the gray in hers. he's pulled away at the scratch of the older man's throat, arms holding out two waffle coned ice creams.

he takes the two cones, thanking for the man, before handing the orange one to her.

"here. give it a try."
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
drinks are on me [m/c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 2:06:46 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

"You do?"[break][break]

She is genuinely surprised and her voice is small, incredulous. This was a distraction, an unnecessary detour that would normally be overlooked in favor of work. But, she reasoned, wasn't she finished with work? Instinctively, the woman glances around as if looking for someone. In this instance, she had no obligations, no task assigned to her. Amor wasn't here for her to watch over and protect.[break][break]

And hadn't he said something about doing 'what she wanted'? How had he put it? It had made her head spin.[break][break]

"I--"[break][break]

He offers her the orange cone and she hesitates before reaching for it awkwardly, pausing halfway through to glance back at him. She'd already been given permission and yet the offer was so strange and out of the ordinary that she felt the need to make absolute sure.[break][break]

"It smells.. really good, actually!"[break][break]

She purses her lips, impressed, before licking it. It's cold on her tongue, which is to be expected, but it is also surprisingly sweet and maybe a little tangy. Gwen's eyebrows raise in delight and she nods, offering it back.[break][break]

"It's good! It's very sweet, though."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,004 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
drinks are on me [m/c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 2:13:57 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

"i do," he reaffirms, voice soft, but unwavering.

he reaches out for his cone and finally, hands gwen hers. it's untouched. "it is. but i like sweet things." he pressures his mouth against the orange cone and takes a small piece off, wary of brushing it against his teeth. his lips still holding a trace of the orange cream.

"shall we go find a seat?"
close tab

played by

Castaway

Gwen
She/her
Twenty-three
july 1
shalour city, kalos
Heterosexual
Butler
Civilian
greyson connors
dating
29 height
29 height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwen
Guinevere Auclair
drinks are on me [m/c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 2:33:36 GMT
Guinevere Auclair Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

His confirmation stirs warmth in her chest, and she doesn't press him further. Nervousness is replaced by excitement, and she glances past him to the next set of beautiful explosions. Their booms vibrate even the ground they stand on - or perhaps she's just really, really tired. Since landing in Hoenn she was still suffering from jet lag in the sense that sleeping on a rocking cruise ship was not ideal.[break][break]

They swap cones and she waits until he has tasted his own before enjoying her own. She takes note that he hadn't touched hers despite offering him a taste of his own, but she doesn't yet address it. Instead, she is drawn by the orange cream on his lips and she smiles, amused. She licks her own lips as if he might mirror her, or as if imagining it might be also on her lips, too.[break][break]

"Ah- yes. Hmm.. oh! I see an open space over this way, come on!"[break][break]

Gwen's voice is still soft, but she inclines her head and moves past him and toward an open spot in the field.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,004 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
drinks are on me [m/c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 3:24:18 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

for the first time tonight, greyson truly sees her eyes light up. the fireworks like miniature stars in the pools of her soft grays. he wanted to lose himself in them. to stay there and be never leave.

he couldn't.

he wouldn't.

he shouldn't.

her lips part into a smile and he knows for an arceus given fact that he has.

she moves past, pulling him not by physical force but by his wanting alone. he licks his lips in involuntary imitation and tastes the orange cream leftover.

but the blush doesn't rise in his cheeks, instead, he chases after. his heart in his throat.
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
drinks are on me [m/c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 19:02:57 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: