thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 9:18:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin huffs, amused.

"S'pose I don't have to bother with the accent."

While nowhere near as strong as it had been in his youth, tempered by years of forcing himself to be someone else, his accent settles naturally in the depth of his voice. There's a warm quality to it behind the rasp from a smoke-scarred throat.

"Galar, yes. Arceus knows if they're still there, but I doubt they'd have left."

There's a smile threatening the corner of his lips. He's caught up in the compliment, doesn't notice Theo's reservations.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 9:28:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]briefly, he contemplates saying nothing, but the weight becomes too difficult to ignore and the words slip out without much resistance.

"saoirse left."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 9:36:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's eyes narrow, his relaxed demeanour shifting sharply into tension.

"You know her?"
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 9:40:08 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"not well."

tension cuts through the air, overriding brief moments of lightness.

"but well enough."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 9:44:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
As the tension spikes into dangerous territory, the PRESSURE on the room becomes suffocating. Unbearable. Lugia feeds off the ire of its avatar, red eyes glowering from the ocean's gloom.

"How?"

With on the run from what was essentially the Galarian mafia, Gavin's trust in Theo is challenged by knowledge he's not meant to have.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 9:46:41 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]what little comfort remains dissipate at the sight of two red eyes. his eyes flick over, causing him to tense in reaction. he almost chokes on a breath.

"she's here, isn't she?"

he wills his gaze back, returning it to merlino.

"in rocket."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 9:53:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Behind Theo, the door locks.

A slow exhale sees miasma bleed from Gavin's nostrils, Lugia's aggression feeding into his own.

Though his eyes are amber, not red, they reflect the glittering malice of his patron. Gavin remains seated, but there is a threat in the corrupt fog that drifts across the floor. His muscles are tense as if to spring.

"You'd best explain yourself before I run out of patience, Beckett. How do you know that name?"
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 10:03:03 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i was interested in doing busines with flint so i looked into her when i first arrived."

he clears his throat, shifts in his seat, but they do little to counter the sudden tension. his eyes trail the miasma as it approaches.

"she covered her tracks well."

but not well enough.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 10:15:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Is that so?"

For all his trust in Beckett, paranoia sees him tense, doubtful. His jaw is clenched.

"I'm sure she did; she was the one who taught me how, after all." Theo's explanation does not seem to have satisfied the underboss, for the miasma continues to follow the path of slow, steady breaths. "Curious, then, that you should arrive in Hoenn so soon after I told Walsh our names."

He had just told Theo about Walsh, as well. The timing was too convenient.

"Is that why you're here? To keep an eye on us?" There's a bitter edge to his tone, anger tempered by a reluctant acceptance. Lugia's PRESSURE only intensifies. "I can assure you there's no need. I've been on my best behaviour."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 10:20:26 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"what?"

the accusation blindsides him — it reaches deep and drags something long festered to the surface. venom drenches his words.

"is that what you really think of me?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 10:36:41 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Theo's venom is met with Gavin's reproach. He stifles his own anger behind trained obedience, but no amount of acceptance can fully suffocate his despair.

It had been too obvious, hadn't it? Theo had questioned his methods from the start. Your Rocket is soft. Was he probing for signs of weakness? For a potential defector in their midst? And what better way to gain trust than—?

He grinds his teeth against another surge of anguish and looks away.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 10:44:45 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"you said you trusted me."

he refuses to relent — fire only growing brighter even in the face of danger.

"were you lying?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 10:51:04 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Don't talk to me about trust."

He looks back to Theo, anger sparking bright before it's smothered once again.

"Think I'd have said shit if I hadn't trusted you?"

But that had been the point, hadn't it? Gain his trust, exploit it. He'd thought that Walsh was trustworthy until the jaws had closed around his throat. Perhaps, he thinks bitterly, he should trust no one at all.

Now, Theo knew of his fears. His uncertainty.

How much of that would go right back to the Rocket boss?

How much danger had he placed himself in?

Idiot.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 11:08:50 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]anger eats at him, flames licking, and though he knows exactly how to extinguish them he instead gives in, snapping.

"you're a fucking idiot."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
antidote
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 11:22:38 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It stings like a slap, but it's not anger that he feels.

"No need to rub it in," he mutters.

In his gaze is a distance Theo will recognize — slowly, surely, he shuts down.

From his desk, Gavin retrieves a pack of cigarettes. He lights one, drags, loses himself in the shifting pattern of smoke. He doesn't look at Theo.

"Don't let me keep you."