thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
basis
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 11:55:27 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he tenses against the sudden grip and instinctively pulls away. he peers down and sees the tiniest prick of blood.

"what the fuck, choi?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
basis
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 11:59:56 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"What?" He shakes his head and the pain stops, for the moment, leaving behind a dull migraine to bloom behind his eyes.

Steadier, he wipes the blood from his nose on the back of his hand. It still oozes on his upper lip, streaking his face.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
basis
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 12:12:35 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]forgetting, or perhaps ignoring, he snaps a hand up and grabs choi by the jaw, then squeezes.

"tell me the last thing you remember."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
basis
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 12:20:26 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"We-" He blinks, previously unclear eyes livening back up. Chu-e's hand finds Theo's wrist again- no pinch this time, just to jerk it away.

"Don't do that." A warning, snapped out, teeth bared; much more like the young man he was years ago in that moment than the sickly shell he felt like now.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
basis
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 12:26:12 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]there's no resistance to the jerk; he releases, then retracts.

choi's warning is reminiscent but he chooses not to dwell on it. not now, anyway.

"what do you remember?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
basis
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 12:35:11 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Irritation floods him. Chu-e feels more like a cornered animal than a person, hunger bleeding through.

"We were talking about what Underbosses do." There is a bit beyond that but it gets fuzzy.

Chu-e hates these feelings of losing himself, piece by piece.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
basis
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 13:19:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"then you bled, then you lashed out at me."

he raises his wrist.

"then bit me like a mosquito."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
basis
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 22:30:02 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The last bit has Chu-e screw his face up again. One could practically see the question marks popping off his head.

"A... mosquito?"
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
basis
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 11:24:05 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"a mosquito."

confirmation comes when he scratches at the wound, itchy.

"let me see your hands."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
basis
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 11:37:50 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e does not take kindly to being bossed around.

Yet, he still offers over his hands, palms up, like a child might to show they weren't the one who painted the wall red.

They're smooth and clean, no sign of mysterious mosquito siphons or crystal.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
basis
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 11:51:31 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]his eyes narrow as he studies choi's palms. they're clean, so he relents and lets go.

"i don't know what's going on with you, choi, but i'm worried."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
basis
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 12:03:00 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I told you. I'm dying." But that would only explain some of it, wouldn't it? Lapses in memory, randomly bleeding, losing balance, mood swings.... but....

Pensive. It was something, at this point, only himself, , and knew. Should he... tell Beckett?
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
basis
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 12:08:38 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"that explains little."

he shows frustration.

"what aren't you telling me, choi?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
basis
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 12:27:38 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Crystals are growing inside of me."

It explains little but- it's there, in the air between them.

"They saved me from getting my head cut off, once. A few days ago they saved me from getting my chest ripped open, too."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,386 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
basis
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 13:19:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"crystals?"

he questions only because of the absurdity of it.

"what crystals, choi?"

[attr="class","noodles"]