4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 12:39:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her black-leathered toe tapped, and a hand fiddled with the corner of a few pages on her desk. Part of her dreaded this meeting today.

A knock at her door prompted her amber eyes to look up from her own bizarre, illegible handwriting.

“Come in, Beckett. There’s no dog today.” She called through the door.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 18:30:01 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he knocks and this time he waits. after her voice sounds, he pushes against the door and enters.

"flint."

he approaches with a slight limp, leg likely still healing from their incident.

"been well?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 27, 2021 23:52:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Alive.” She responded simply, not yet making eye contact—perhaps willing her eyes away from his limp, even. Sympathy was rarely evoked by anyone. That, at least, wasn’t personal.

“I need to update you on the status of our deal. There’s been a change in our team’s direction, and we no longer have the time to continue developing for your client. Being that there was no contract on our end, and,” she held hands out lazily from her chair as though to gesture to their surroundings, “considering where we are, I assume that won’t be a problem.”

“But, sit, Beckett. Let’s do discuss. Perhaps we’ve got something else you might be interested in.”

At this point, there was hatred burning in Lulu’s eyes. Maybe it would be a mystery. It had grown, steadily, from the very beginning, had he ever paid that much attention.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 10:44:46 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"it won't be."

chair. sit.

the fire in her eyes catches his interest. he leans back, narrows his eyes, and speaks:

"go on, flint. interest me."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 11:11:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Their dynamic interested her, especially now knowing of his promotion. Her mouth finally curled a little with a sliver of teeth, darkly—revealing some kind of amusement she hadn’t displayed to him yet, all this time, since the beginning.

The game she'd been playing with him. She threw it on the table, invisibly, just to make it known.

Fingers folded on her desk. “Pokemon and infinity energy. Honing the power of life—and forcing it further through mega evolution, without need for an accessory, and without an expiration of strength.” Genuine pride gleamed a moment. “Ultimate weapons.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 11:29:46 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"interesting."

it's enough to hook him.

"where are we with it?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 11:37:03 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
His interest was noted with a smirk, happy to prove him wrong. However, they had a long road ahead.

“We’re at the beginning.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 12:01:58 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"ah."

how disappointing. he settles and leans back, unaware that he had even leaned forward.

"what's the timeline?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 12:13:18 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
“Not sure. We’re still very much in the process of developing and testing theories.”

She shifted in her own chair a little, tapping a foot below her desk inaudibly.

“With your recent promotion, I imagine it won't be too difficult to keep up with our progress. and and some of the others have been out gathering research.”

Her eyes narrowed slightly. “Congratulations on that, by the way.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 12:18:53 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]narrowed eyes are met with the same. he tilts his head, watching for a reaction.

"any thoughts on it, flint?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 12:28:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
At his countering glare, her smirk dissipated. She took a long breath, searching his eyes. Violence was all she saw—the very personification, which had ruined ’s life, and in turn, her own.

It was all Theo.

“Sure. Rocket is my family. Don’t fuck it up.” As though he might have such power to do so. She certainly seemed to believe he did.

There was the smallest twitch in her brow—perhaps the only evidence of her desperation.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 13:13:11 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]where she sees violence in his, he sees anger in hers — anger that he has finally started to understand.

"i won't."

in his own odd way, he sympathizes.

"speaking of family."

he exhales.

"did you know your brother's alive?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 13:20:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She felt her heart skip and flutter. Every millisecond counted, and she began to overthink it. Her foot stopped abruptly.

“I don’t have a brother...?”

Her jaw angled a few degrees, trying its damnedest to look utterly bewildered. She didn’t do a terrible job.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,399 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 13:26:03 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]is she denying it? hiding it? she doesn't do a terrible job but he knows better.

"saoirse quinn's brother."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,414 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
reroute [c]
POSTED ON May 28, 2021 13:38:07 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Oh. That’s right. He knew who she was.

He took a piece off the board she'd forgotten about, and she was left stumped on a move for so long a moment that she almost folded.

Not quite, despite the steadily sinking feeling.

“I left that life behind. If my brother is alive, I’m quite sure I’ll never see him again.” She willed herself to maintain eye contact, feeling each muscle of her face as though both of their lives depended on it.

“How do you know?”